[DE]Steve

Warframe Ps4 Account Migration/cross-Platform Play

383 posts in this topic

Shame that duality isn't possible, but crossplay should be fun!

Thanks for not ditching PC in favor of PS4! Glad to hear we still get our updates as usual =)

Depending on how much of a delay it would mean, I'd almost rather just see the PC version held back a bit.  Having that major player boost from the ps4 be constant would be nice.

Edited by Aggh

Thanks for the heads up, glad to see crossplay is still in the pipeline :)

This is a great news! I'm happy I can migrate my account over to PS4, without having my PC account affected! =)

Just do not bring platform-exclusive items, and then it will be OK.

To bad about no duality but I'm glad you're not going to hold us PC guys back just for the consoles.

mean pc and ps4 can be at same platform mean like i can play on pc and also ps4? with same friend using pc?

Edited by PKed

Wow nice. Cross-platforming. Finally.

Oh and it's really nice that you aren't choosing to let PC be restrained by console(s). It makes a fresh change compared to some companies...

At least PC can be a good platform for testing as well.

Edited by Naith

Question. Hypothetically, if Sony wanted an exclusive Braton skin, (for example) could you guys negotiate so that upon purchasing the skin on PS4 we could receive a code to use the skin on our PC accounts?

(Also thanks for the update.)

OK, so the whole Transferring should be sticking for a long, long time right? I'm not getting a PS4 as soon as it launches, but I plan on getting one next year, thus the best thing I could do is transfer the account then.

But thanks for confirming. Just asking, in case: Any chance you guys can think of allowing transferring between them every X time once you have sorted some things out? I mean long periods, say 6 months, as most likely you'll progress more in one place than the other.

But still, good enough for me if not :) Thanks DE!

Thank you very much for sharing this news with us, Steve!!!

I was hoping for a full level of PC & PS4 account crossover but I'm still glad to see that there will be a one-time account migration option that will copy over our current progress to PS4.  I've put in a little bit over 90 hours into the PC version of Warframe & I'm very pleased that all of that valuable time spent will not have been for naught when I start playing Warframe on PS4 on Fri. Nov. 15.

Warframers - here is a quick update on PS4 progress as we're screaming toward deadlines and certification!

Account Migration/Duality:

I’m afraid it's mixed news here. Account duality is dead (update timing has killed this, explanation below). Meaning your PC account cannot be shared back and forth between the PC and PS4.

HOWEVER, we have worked out an alternate solution: a one-time account migration option that will copy over your current progress to PS4. This PS4 cloned account will have everything you currently have except for Platinum (contractual) and Clan Dojo/Membership (technical). You will find this one-time migration option in the Account Management area of the website when PS4 launches in your territory.

Your PC account is unaffected by this migration and both will then progress independently... arguably this solution is a better way for players that want to try out PS4 but want to keep their foot in the door on Warframe PC with uninterrupted updates of the latest and greatest.

Cross-platform Play:

Currently cross platform play is a go but likely not for Day 1, expect this sometime during launch window. The two platforms will cross-play only when build versions are in sync (see below).

Reasoning:

Why is duality dead? Why cross-platform play isn't always enabled? It comes down to update frequency.

We don't have guarantees yet on when PS4 updates will come out which means they may drift out of sync by several days from PC. If you get a cool new weapon on PC and PS4 does not have it yet, stuff breaks. We could hold PC back, but we didn't think that was fair. Even then, coordinating with multiple console region QA departments adds too many unknowns to bank on this.

I hope this makes sense! I appreciate your understanding, I'm looking forward to seeing some of you Warframers on PS4 next month!

Thank you for breaking it down.

It does make sense.

You the man!