Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Breakdown

(XBOX)JhatuGameHai

Question

9 answers to this question

This is a common confusion - you are not alone! 

In Warframe, the word "Mastery" refers to your equipment, not your performance in missions. 

So, once you have levelled a weapon up to 30, you have "mastered" it. You will not gain mastery points if you keep using the weapon after ranking it up. (If you use forma on it, you also will not receive mastery on a subsequent levelling). 

If you want to increase your mastery rank, grab all the weapons and warframes that you can and rank them all up to 30. 

However, completing nodes in the star chart also give mastery points, but only on the first completion. Repeating a node will not give more mastery rank.

For a more in depth understanding, I recommend looking over this page: Mastery Rank | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

2 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

This is a common confusion - you are not alone! 

In Warframe, the word "Mastery" refers to your equipment, not your performance in missions. 

So, once you have levelled a weapon up to 30, you have "mastered" it. You will not gain mastery points if you keep using the weapon after ranking it up. (If you use forma on it, you also will not receive mastery on a subsequent levelling). 

If you want to increase your mastery rank, grab all the weapons and warframes that you can and rank them all up to 30. 

However, completing nodes in the star chart also give mastery points, but only on the first completion. Repeating a node will not give more mastery rank.

For a more in depth understanding, I recommend looking over this page: Mastery Rank | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Oohhh ok now i understand but how much xp will i get if i complete a node, i mean i know different mastery ranks have different xp but mine shows 9673 so i just wanted to understand ehat this number meant, does it mean if i do 1 node will it give me 9673 xp which is clearly not the case or is it something else?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)JhatuGameHai said:

Oohhh ok now i understand but how much xp will i get if i complete a node, i mean i know different mastery ranks have different xp but mine shows 9673 so i just wanted to understand ehat this number meant, does it mean if i do 1 node will it give me 9673 xp which is clearly not the case or is it something else?

One node is worth about 118 mastery points. Can you perhaps provide a screenshot of where this 9673xp appears so I can tell you what it means?

18 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

One node is worth about 118 mastery points. Can you perhaps provide a screenshot of where this 9673xp appears so I can tell you what it means?

When you have to see your mastery rank you go to menu and then you take the cursor to the top left and click on show profile, so it shows your mastery rank and when you hover the cursor over your mastery rank it gives you your mastery breakdown, so in there it is written 9673 in front of missions.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)JhatuGameHai said:

When you have to see your mastery rank you go to menu and then you take the cursor to the top left and click on show profile, so it shows your mastery rank and when you hover the cursor over your mastery rank it gives you your mastery breakdown, so in there it is written 9673 in front of missions.

Ok thankyou for the explanation. What you're looking at there is the amount of experience you have gained SO FAR from doing nodes. When you have completed them all it will be at 27,501.

7 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ok thankyou for the explanation. What you're looking at there is the amount of experience you have gained SO FAR from doing nodes. When you have completed them all it will be at 27,501.

Oooohhh thank you for the explanation till now i thought that was the experience i get for completing a particular mastery like a gun mastery or a sentinel mastery.

Just now, (XBOX)JhatuGameHai said:

Oooohhh thank you for the explanation till now i thought that was the experience i get for completing a particular mastery like a gun mastery or a sentinel mastery.

No problem. It's the same for the others as well, it will show the total accrued mastery points so far for each category. As a simple breakdown, frames give you 6K, weapons give you 3K, sentinels and companions give you 6K and the solar system completed gives you 27501 points.

Archived