It has hit me a few times thinking it was a starstar....usually when logging into the game and see the symbol.

Its the Treasure Raider side of me- i enjoy picking up them starstars and sculpts in missions. Detest that they are bounty rewards.

At least this question is off my Wonder list since i now kno i aint the only person who thought this

🥂

• Like 1

Well, since atlas' rumbers icon is blue, classic octavia's rollerball is blue.... it obviously had to be an entirely white icon, that looks like... loot.

Systemic universal design is overrated anyway.

Really we should just have RNG spawned icons on every map since there is obviously no meaning behind them, just whatever icon, does it matter?

That's the difference right there between knowing how to add something to the game and knowing what to add.

I say it all the time the developers and or the community managers should have to play the game on live streams. From start to finish.

It's a problem they don't know the game.

• Like 4

It's only since her prime release last week. Prior to that it wasn't similar. Just annoying when your half way through a mission and an octavia prime joins, boots up the rollerball 150m behind you and you think you missed a dropped star. So back track to find.................... 

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Did something change with an update? 

A picture is worth a thousand words, OP. 

Would love to see what you are talking about. 

I don't have her crafted yet, but for the ones I've seen ingame the roller has the white hexagonal marker used for things like stars.

TIL that cyan and amber stars have different markers : Warframe

Just with a solid white dot in the middle.

Wouldn't allies be blue?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I don't have her crafted yet, but for the ones I've seen ingame the roller has the white hexagonal marker used for things like stars.

Wouldn't allies be blue?

I just checked some old clips on Youtube, at least before the prime/maybe still for the non prime? it was definitely blue. 

If it's just a visual change for the prime, it's not a good change, I can see how people could find it confusing when there is already so much visual clutter in this game. 

Now I am thinking of it, I think I did see a white dot for an octavia the other night on a sortie defense, but I didn't really think about it until I started pondering this thread. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I just checked some old clips on Youtube, at least before the prime/maybe still for the non prime? it was definitely blue. 

If it's just a visual change for the prime, it's not a good change, I can see how people could find it confusing when there is already so much visual clutter in this game. 

Now I am thinking of it, I think I did see a white dot for an octavia the other night on a sortie defense, but I didn't really think about it until I started pondering this thread. 

I actually get her in 15 minutes, so I'll add some photos before my old Octavia is decommissioned.

Edit: Huh. Regular Octavia is white now too:

iU7Zt3z.png

She used to be blue (from the video on the wikia):

yPpP2Jz.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 3

I find it more annoying that allied rollers are marked on MY screen. It'd be different if there would be interaction with those things but nope.. Nothing. So why is it marked? 

• Like 5

Thank god someone mentioned this, I cracked the new relica with my clan mates and one of them rushed Octavia to flex on me lol. I spent several minutes looking for the ayatan star on the map until I realised I was chasing her damn roller buddy.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Wouldn't allies be blue?

I see in your picture you have an Amber Star on the left and a Cyan Star on the right.

13 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I see in your picture you have an Amber Star on the left and a Cyan Star on the right.

Yes... That is because in the picture is an Amber Star and a Cyan Star. Octavia's Roller uses the same white hexagon except with a dot:

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I actually get her in 15 minutes, so I'll add some photos before my old Octavia is decommissioned.

Edit: Huh. Regular Octavia is white now too:

iU7Zt3z.png

She used to be blue (from the video on the wikia):

yPpP2Jz.png

The icon used to be blue, which is standard for allies.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes... That is because in the picture is an Amber Star and a Cyan Star. Octavia's Roller uses the same white hexagon except with a dot:

The icon used to be blue, which is standard for allies.

I haven't seen one yet, my relics are being stubborn, I haven't seen an Octavia in game yet, I'll know now what the weird symbol is then when I do see one or one day my own. :)

I'll tell you another symbol that's changed is when you get your gun stolen the icon was a blue box now it's yellow which is awesome in a survival mission to see among the air lying around on the ground in a pinch. lol

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Thank god someone mentioned this, I cracked the new relica with my clan mates and one of them rushed Octavia to flex on me lol. I spent several minutes looking for the ayatan star on the map until I realised I was chasing her damn roller buddy.

I feel ya tenno, that's why i posted, wanted to see if it was only me thinking this.

• Like 3

I got a little confused by this too ,

I could instanly tell it was not a star , but black and white icons were previously only for loot. I thought there was some new resource that was leaked.

I guess it's a bleedover from the icon rework , 

They must have made Octavia prime with the new ui in mind and didn't want to change it back if the ui wasn't ready yet.

22 hours ago, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

So who thought it was a good idea to make octavias rollerball marker icon virtually identical to ayatan star icons? I mean.......... Really!!

Play "Never Gonna Give You Up" on her roller ball. Now it will be the perfect rick roll...

• Like 1