Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't use Switch Gun, have to use Switch Weapon to use Secondary on K-Drive

PoistyNZ

I can confirm this is exactly what happens. I kept trying to equip my secondary and it would pop up for a brief moment and then stow itself. I tried reloading the game, multiple guns, and multiple frames before searching the forum to find this post. Tried using "Switch Weapon" instead of "Switch Gun" and it worked first time.

• 3 months later...

This happened to me today. This is really annoying bug, i presume.
"Change Weapon" [F] don't worked at all. My warframe grab secondary weapon for a moment and then instantly holstering it.
"Change Weapon" [\] works just fine and i don't know, why.
This is really strange, becaue it is almost three months passed from your problem...

One thing, there is a big delay even when you hit the key to pull out your secondary. So if you forget and impatiently hit the key again (like I do) it will put it back away as soon as you pull it out. Hit the key and give it a couple of seconds.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welp, almost a year later and I have the same issue.

The secondary comes out into hand, then the warframe immediately holsters the weapon.

I wouldn't mind that it's broken and been broken for more than 9 months except... YOU LITERALLY MAKE US USE IT FOR A QUEST.

So I guess I won't be able to finish the quest waverider until y'all finally decide to fix it?

Edit:

Would like to add that neither switch weapon nor switch gun which are both bound in my options work at all.

Same issue happens.

Edit 2:

After 5 minutes of randomly spamming weapon switch, gun switch, movement keys, jump, and so forth along with spitting curse words at the screen my character finally fired the weapon before it holstered it again, and that time, it kept it out. Thank god I wasn't knocked off the board and I managed to finally get the kills I needed.

Another thing I noticed: If you set up your board for the trick stuff, you are SCREWED UTTERLY for races, as where you need to jump to hit a globe in the sky, you just float on past it and lazily float down running out of time and usually missing the globe.

Case in point; the whole k-drive thing still sucks after all this time, it's frustrating, not fun, you have to kit the thing out just to do 1 single thing, you force us to use it to advance story & quests, and it still has bugs that have never once been addressed.

Honestly I really would like to just pour gasoline on mine and watch it melt, at least then it might keep my hands warm a little.

Archived