Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My first dumbest trade session

GotBakingSoda

I don't know if this the right place to post this but I had to. Stay alert with this guy. He has a very piece of S#&$ comprehension. And to guy who's on this pic if you're here please read a lot rather than playing. (Note: I didn't even noticed that he said 5:6p without the word "each" until we undergo to the trading session that's why I invited him. Maybe I do have bad reading comprehension as him but I literally said on the trading chat "each" for 5 pieces)

umHzkRf.png

aTU9XvA.png

Z5Xvewk.png

Edit: Alright I covered the guy's name which it shouldn't to all of u be aware on this player

if it looks like a person is going to troll or be dumb by pointing out something that does not even really matter in the long run my advice is just do not respond to them. Its a waste of time. Another advice just block them right away and any1 that tries to msge you after the fact.

1 hour ago, GotBakingSoda said:

it shouldn't to all of u be aware on this player

Im more wary of you to be honest. I dont want to trade with you incase a simple missunderstanding leads to you getting arguementitive then posting a petty topic about it.

Honestly I see it as 5 parts for 6p...

Putting a colon between numbers converts it to a ratio. Ratios are solved to 1 usually. Thus 5:6 would be around 1:1.2. So it's summed as 5 parts per trade at 6p, or 1 part at 2p (round up). 

Idk why it's so hard for people to type things... 2 keys yo get a colon or 3 keys for the work "for." Like really... avoids stupid stuff like this entirely.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ZDragonLord X said:

Idk why it's so hard for people to type things... 2 keys yo get a colon or 3 keys for the work "for."

"2:3" can be read quicker than "2 for 3", especially when there's a long list of items with each having a ratio to something

2:3 is in fact the best format in terms of information transmission efficiency due to better visibility (the distance between the numbers is extremely small) and space (compact, straight to the point message). " for " is just another clutter in the sea of messages. Also, it's 5 buttons actually, because colons don't have to be accommodated by spaces.

I'm also against the idea of dumbing down things for not-actually-dumb people, and this is not complicated in any way for it to require dumbing down.

I don't know if guys supporting him because he's an old warframe player while I'm a newbie. Pretty sure what I indicate is so simple yet he doesn't understand it. And fyi I see this community kind of not welcoming to a new player like me. You guys have a great day :D

6 minutes ago, GotBakingSoda said:

I don't know if guys supporting him because he's an old warframe player while I'm a newbie. Pretty sure what I indicate is so simple yet he doesn't understand it. And fyi I see this community kind of not welcoming to a new player like me. You guys have a great day :D

We're not supporting him because he's an old player, we're supporting him because he's correct and your stubborn refusal to realise that is your own problem. If you'd been on the trade chat for longer you'd know this. You claim you're a new player so listen and learn. Prime junk is sold on the trade chat like that all the time. 

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

We're not supporting him because he's an old player, we're supporting him because he's correct and your stubborn refusal to realise that is your own problem. If you'd been on the trade chat for longer you'd know this. You claim you're a new player so listen and learn.

So he was correct for reading my message on trade chat incorrectly? I literally said 5:6p each = each pieces is equivalent to 6 plats. Is that so hard to understand?

vor 11 Minuten schrieb GotBakingSoda:

I'm totally welcoming of new players if they don't try to publicly shame people they had a misunderstanding with followed up by playing the poor victim newbie when they get called out for it and then keep arguing about such a miniscule thing.

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

Move on. If that little encounter already triggers you so much you're in for a treat if you keep trading.

5 minutes ago, GotBakingSoda said:

So he was correct for reading my message on trade chat incorrectly? I literally said 5:6p each = each pieces is equivalent to 6 plats. Is that so hard to understand?

You need to get this through your head. In the trade chat if you want to sell them for 6p each, you should write "WTS 5 for 6p each". You add a colon and you add a ratio for example I would type for buying prime junk "WTB prime junk, 5:10p" and that means to other buyers that I'm offering 10p total to buy 5 pieces. I don't know what game you previously traded in and I don't particularly care. This is the Warframe trade chat and that's how it works, ADAPT. If you don't wish to adapt then expect to be misunderstood in future by more people who are actually correct.

I usually just stay polite and say sorry, if I feel it's my fault or not.

If I know it's my fault I usually offer people something for wasting their time.

And usually you can tell if someone listed something wrong based on the price range. Mistakes happen all the time so everyone has to show up for a trade with a least some amount of patience and courtesy.

No point in getting bent out of shape over 30 plat.

Archived