Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the series x version of warframe next gen

Wolfthunders

ps5 Warframe ben out 3 months or more  us  on xbox series x we still don't have it what the hell is going,  and why  we dont have the next gen version yet dev please tell us why we got to wait so long to  get it? I'm getting really piss here.

I think its a combination of maybe Xbox has less players and we have two different consoles at 1440p n 4k (Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X) on top of covid 19 slowing the dev time down for updates. Not to mention the fact most Xbox players probably do not have next gen yet cause scalpers are annoying as hell.

I have a XSX myself Im just enjoying the super fast load times and waiting for next gen update patiently.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GMGS K1llaHMaN said:

I think sony paid them to delay it. This should have came out for both consoles at the same time.

100% this

They don't need to do all this testing for months when most of it is just changing the .ini from low/med to high

The consoles hardware are pretty much the samething(excluding XSS)

Makes no sense otherwise

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Veytok said:

100% this

They don't need to do all this testing for months when most of it is just changing the .ini from low/med to high

The consoles hardware are pretty much the samething(excluding XSS)

Makes no sense otherwise

Maybe but if Sony paid for it to be an exclusive or whatever wouldn’t they be promoting it?

6 hours ago, (XBOX)GMGS K1llaHMaN said:

I think sony paid them to delay it.

Patrick Plotting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

filthy Xbox Baka Gaijin! now you must suffer for months while the glorious PS5 made of Nippon steel and Microsoft fanboy tears enjoys a superior product! hahahaahahah!

..is probably what I would say if I had a PS5, and was still 12 years old and "fighting" in the console wars. I would have thought they'd have said something on the last devstream about the Series X/S versions. then again, nobody else seems to be asking either... weird.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

... I would have thought they'd have said something on the last devstream about the Series X/S versions. then again, nobody else seems to be asking either... weird

I suspect that most of us assume it's not coming any time soon and isn't a priority for DE. We're aware that we're a smaller userbase than PS, and whenever we've asked we've just been told "there's nothing to share yet, we'll let you know when we have more news"

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've given up asking.

I think it's pretty simple: PS5 didn't launch with BCC. 

The XBX can play the XONE version of Warframe - given without the enhancements that would typically come with a full next-gen update. However, the PS5 cannot run the PS4 version of Warframe. Thus, given not developing an updated version would mean their game not being playable on PS5's at all, they went ahead and prioritized the PS5 version.

Will the player base on the last gen consoles become so small, that eventually DE will trim away at the features and focuses of those different versions?

Each version may be different, and that means they have to do double the testing/bug fixes now with the new consoles out. Keeping the old console teams around to work on old gen versions, where they could be focusing purely on the new consoles and PC, could be detrimental unless they grow their own employee base to compensate.

When will last gen console support end? I don't mean XBOX and PS4 servers are turned off, but they get to a point where they just don't focus and put as much effort into fixes for content available on those gen consoles.  

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

What even is this thread? Comedy gold.

Pretty obvious, at a glance: some Xbox players are wondering when their next-gen update will land, as it's been 3 months since the PS5's update, and the last direct mention of the update was in December. 

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

When will last gen console support end? 

Typically, with a generation update, there's a 2-3 year grace period. In that time, you'll see developers continuing to develop games and updates for the prior generation. In this case, we'll probably see continued support for G8 until at least 2023, and then a gradual phase out to solely G9 support. 

At this point I can see them saying they more focus on content update and will try to squeeze in the XSX and XSS next gen update some time after. They gonna take their time too cuz what happens if they rush the update and somehow a game breaking bug gets in which also makes the next gen consoles a brick? they would get into so much trouble with Xbox Microsoft.

I rather they took their time if it means we have a better chance at not getting our new consoles bricked. Not to mention as much as I want 4k 60 FPS I can wait its not like content that actually adds stuff to play in the game. It fluff to make everything we grind look better and again rather not have my new console bricked.

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dex Xean said:

At this point I can see them saying they more focus on content update and will try to squeeze in the XSX and XSS next gen update some time after. They gonna take their time too cuz what happens if they rush the update and somehow a game breaking bug gets in which also makes the next gen consoles a brick? they would get into so much trouble with Xbox Microsoft.

I rather they took their time if it means we have a better chance at not getting our new consoles bricked. Not to mention as much as I want 4k 60 FPS I can wait its not like content that actually adds stuff to play in the game. It fluff to make everything we grind look better and again rather not have my new console bricked.

It's really not that serious. Most of it is just simply changing the graphic settings

ok but why they release  the PlayStation 5 version about 3 month ago maybe more  and not the series x, if they not going to release the series x version I will  be piss  I want Digital  extreme to  reply on why we don't have it, it will not be fare if we don't get it wen PlayStation 5 version  is out.

Archived