Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Clan for Drydock/Railjack

(XBOX)EndgameOnyx

Question

I'd like to complete The Rising Tide, but I'm not sure I'd be a good fit for most clans. I play often, but I'm not what you'd call the "social" type. 

In any case, I'm looking into throwing together a solo clan just to build a drydock and get my Railjack. Is this feasible for a solo player (in a reasonable capacity)?

18 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)EndgameOnyx said:

The general gist I'm getting here, is that the quest is not designed to be completed by a solo player who is playing the game in what can be considered a normal manner. 

That's a real shame. It seems like the quest covers some relevant lore.

The Dry dock has nothing to do with the quest itself.

For solo you'd need :

Credits - 100,00

Salvage - 25,000

Curcuits - 850

Tellurium - 15

Forma - 1

So not too difficult. The rest is the same for every player.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)EndgameOnyx said:

Are there any prerequisites within the Dojo itself to building a drydock? While it doesn't have involvement with the quest itself, it's listed as a prequisite before I can even begin that quest. Basically, you need to: have a dojo, build a drydock, and construct the ceph AI for the Railjack. 

I couldn't care less about the Dojo's other functions/operations (at least not right now). Looking at the blueprint requirements, I can almost afford the drydock with what I have - are there any other costs I need to be aware of?

Meh... if you don't have a clan just build a Dojo.

It's different content.

I had the same doubts as you. I made my ghost dojo/clan and have some active dudes around. We reached 25th on Orphix Venom which was awesome :)

It takes time to research and it will sink some resources... but who needs 1million nanospores or plastids?

14 hours ago, (PSN)Sswoop- said:

I built my own solo. I'm one of only 3 people in my clan and the other 2 have been inactive for years. I keep them in the clan specifically so that i can make one of them a warlord one day if I want to leave. But anyway, the drydock isnt hard in my opinion. If you do all the invasions for those resources, you'll get it eventually. Its not hard, it just takes a while. I built mine and did the quest over the course of like 3 weeks. Thats casually playing, not dedicating 3-4 hours a night. That being said, you are way better off just joining a clan with it built already

Building the Drydock itself isn't actually too bad, if you've already cleared the Star Chart. In my case, I already had most of the required resources on hand, with the exception of the Tellurium. However, unless you've been running Invasions on a regular basis, the Railjack AI might prove a problem, as it did for me. I hadn't touched Invasions yet, so I didn't have any of the advanced resources required for construction. In addition, I had to collect those resources twice, as I first had to research the blueprint, then replicate it, and then build it in my foundry (which I only just did last night). As for the construction of the Railjack itself, aside from the build-time, it doesn't appear to be very demanding on resources - even for a solo player, so long as they've been playing a while. In my case, I'll only need Credits and Argon Crystals.

Also, you can leave a solo clan whenever you want. You don't need to promote someone else to Warlord (unless you have invites pending). Just click on your name in the Clan Members and select "Leave Clan". Not long after I build my Drydock, I was picked up by another clan - I left my solo clan and jumped right into theirs. 

I built my own solo. I'm one of only 3 people in my clan and the other 2 have been inactive for years. I keep them in the clan specifically so that i can make one of them a warlord one day if I want to leave. But anyway, the drydock isnt hard in my opinion. If you do all the invasions for those resources, you'll get it eventually. Its not hard, it just takes a while. I built mine and did the quest over the course of like 3 weeks. Thats casually playing, not dedicating 3-4 hours a night. That being said, you are way better off just joining a clan with it built already

14 hours ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

1. If you make a solo clan, you are stuck in it forever, there are very few ways to leave. For some reason DE doesn't have a way to delete clans and won't intervene to delete one or kick anyone unless they intend to ban you, they basically won't do anything even if you submit a support ticket. So if you make a clan of one, the only way to leave is to invite someone into the clan, promote them to warlord and leave, thus screwing them over.

From the Warframe Wiki (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Clan):

"If the user is the Founding Warlord of the clan, while in the "Communication", "Clan" menu, clicking on the username and select the option to leave will delete the clan."

2 hours ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

For anyone considering making a solo clan just for Dry Dock in Railjack, I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DON'T, and here is why.

1. If you make a solo clan, you are stuck in it forever, there are very few ways to leave. For some reason DE doesn't have a way to delete clans and won't intervene to delete one or kick anyone unless they intend to ban you, they basically won't do anything even if you submit a support ticket. So if you make a clan of one, the only way to leave is to invite someone into the clan, promote them to warlord and leave, thus screwing them over.

For people  who want to make a solo clan I highly suggest they create an alt account and make that the founder of the dojo. Then use their main account to donate the required resources into the dojo vault for their alt to build it. That way if they ever decide to leave and join another clan, they don't lose their dojo.

For anyone considering making a solo clan just for Dry Dock in Railjack, I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DON'T, and here is why.

2. The dry dock in dojos is going to become unnecessary in the next Railjack update coming sometime this spring. In this update they intend to put a dry dock in certain relays, making it possible to use a railjack without a clan. Furthermore there will be many changes to building a railjack and railjack intrinsics, actually making it much easier. So you should really just wait it you haven't already made a Railjack because it's all changing soon anyway. You may do unnecessary work or duplicate work depending on the changes of you start now.

3. Not all clans have activity or MR restrictions, especially smaller or newer ones. Building a Dry Dock is not that difficult and it's possible even for a solo player, if the clan is small. You are better off joining such a clan that already has it built than going to the trouble yourself. Many smaller clans would be happy to have you even if you don't play that often. You might find you make some friends and actually play more.

im the only member of my clan and i built the dojo and the dry dock and the railjack...all of it...100% by myself...and all before they reduced the costs (which they are going to do again). and i didnt use any plat at all.

so...yes, its entirely possible. with that said....its gonna take a long time. like...a LONG time to do it that way. warframe is a marathon, not a sprint. theres no rush to do anything. take it one step at a time and eventually youll get there.

my advice to anyone going this route...do your research and plan out the steps, theres things where you can kill 2 birds with one stone, or things you can get done while youre waiting for other things to finish. with a clear, well thought out plan...its not that difficult, just a little time consuming.

now all we have to do is wait for the railjack to be usable by a solo player.

I ended up going ahead with starting a clan and building a Dojo. I went very basic - just a Reactor on one side, and a Drydock on the other. The only obstacles I encountered were the Tellurium requirement for the Drydock's construction, and the time it takes to build each structure - both issues I spent a small sum of Platinum to resolve.

Honestly, building the drydock isn't so bad, if you don't mind spending a little platinum. However, what comes next is a bit painful - the next step was to build the Railjack AI, which requires 5 of 3 different types of rare materials: Fieldron, Mutagen Mass, and Detonite Injectors. In concept, I don't think DE intended this to be remarkably difficult... as long as you have a fully operational Dojo with research labs, as blueprints for these resources are all available through that. 

In my case, I made the mistake of assuming this would be a 1-time investment, and bought what resources I was missing for around 100 platinum. I reasoned "Well I'm deliberately using the Dojo system in a way that isn't intended, and I'm unlocking new content through this investment" and pulled the trigger. An hour later, I had a shiny new AI blueprint. However, what I didn't count on was that the actual construction recipe calls for the exact same reagents again - as a solo, you pay that price TWICE: once to research at the Dojo and once to build at your foundry. 

Needless to say, I will not be buying the resources again - the first time I at least had a few of those materials on hand already, which reduced the cost. This time, I'd need to buy the entire spread, which I can't see being worth it when I really should be using my platinum on Warframe slots. It would appear my next venture will be hunting Orb Vallis bounties, in the hopes that they drop these materials. Until then, well... at least the drydock has a wonderful view.

tldr: As a new player, starting a solo clan and building a Drydock doesn't require much, especially if you've already cleared your star chart. However, the AI construction materials are where things get expensive and time-consuming. While DE might be giving everyone a Drydock in Maroos Bazaar, unless they also adjust the AI costs, there will still be a significant barrier to entry for solo players.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)EndgameOnyx said:

I couldn't care less about the Dojo's other functions/operations (at least not right now). Looking at the blueprint requirements, I can almost afford the drydock with what I have - are there any other costs I need to be aware of?

Again, i have to stress that its worth waiting 2 (maybe 3) weeks for the next update, as a free drydock will be available to all players via Maroos Bazzar.

Are there any prerequisites within the Dojo itself to building a drydock? While it doesn't have involvement with the quest itself, it's listed as a prequisite before I can even begin that quest. Basically, you need to: have a dojo, build a drydock, and construct the ceph AI for the Railjack. 

Archived