Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Shadow Stalker get a rework?

(NSW)Leafar

In terms of game mechanics the added abilities of "Shadow" over "Stalker" make the encounter a sentient flavoured experience. Ironically he shows up most often when I've forma'd my weapons or forgot to equip mods :crylaugh:.

I really liked the DevBuild "Stalker Mode" that DE showed in a few streams. But to make it public would allow for so much trolling. Maybe if it was a Conclave mode? Like Tag (1 VS all) you have a time limit to defeat all the players or else they win the match. But that wouldn't be as much fun without needing to protect a target or having witless Grineer/Corpus/etc running around.

Maybe DE will make a really challenging assassin that you can only get to attack you if you choose to opt-in to the feature. Someone really stong like Wolf of Saturn Six... oh wait liches exist. Never mind.

DE tried it already and everyone was crying "oohh! it's too hard". I had many fights with Wolf before and after DE nerfed him, I was never able to defeat him. That felt good. I needed to learn how to mod (still didn't kill him), and learn how to "not die" (I did improve). In the end the only way I ever defeated Wolf was when DE made him into a replayable assassination node. But by that point it really didn't count in terms of difficulty, it was like Nox with a hammer.

TL;DR - "Be careful what you wish for."

In steel path his invulnerable phase with blue waves of death are already annoying, I'm not sure that I want him to be more "dangerous".

The memories of the wolf appearing in solo while being equipped with all the 4 dragon keys for the "open the vault" weekly challenges still leave a sour taste.

2 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

In steel path his invulnerable phase with blue waves of death are already annoying, I'm not sure that I want him to be more "dangerous".

The memories of the wolf appearing in solo while being equipped with all the 4 dragon keys for the "open the vault" weekly challenges still leave a sour taste.

i mean mainly my main problem is not that i want him to be more dangerous but rather that he dies before he can even get to do anything specially since his fighting style is so melee focused at the moment were his only good long range attack is his exalted blade sword beam and whit the travel time it has you would have to be very distracted not to be able to move out of the way .  if he at least one good long range attack like he had whit his bow or if instead of Rinos charge he had Atlas Homing Punch (which yes would make it harder to dodge but not impossible they could let you roll away as soon as he gets right next to you) then he could at least defend him self a little . or heck if you are going to make him so melee focused then let him teleport or use Cloud Walker .

i haven't faced him yet in steel path (although i have fought his acolytes) but in normal there are times where im using wukong and before i can even swing my sword my clone already blew half a chunk through him before he shadow could even get to cast dispel .  if the acolytes are anything like the shadow in steel path then sure he will survive getting blasted more then twice for sure but he will still have a hard time getting to me whit his melee only fighting style.

18 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

And you went through a lot of things to reach there, your mastery rank means almost nothing nor the time you played, what defines if you are new is the knowledge of the game. Sure you are no expert since maybe you skipped all the lore and things like syndicates but surely you know the basis of the combat (wich is just don't get killed lmao).

Didnt skip lore but basically anythign that didnt bring me closer to war within was left until later. Including mods, getting better weapons, and stuff I should have done. I regret doing that since I had to basically brute force through missions using my operator and a build amp afterwards. 

So I guess now that I think of it, most new players probably would've not done that.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Leafar said:

i dont see most infested being smart enough to have there own assasins . perhaps if it where arnos Zealots? i mean arnos cult was already sending people your way so they could just buff one up , perhaps give him the jurggernaut creep ability(where he essentially infest the floor marking a territory) which damages things that touch its territory and spawns infested from whit in that territory other infested powers and essentially make different from the zealot that acts as the Boss Fight in Deimos. they could be all like " join us Tenno , you are one of us tenno , JOIN US! you are just like US!"

now that i think about it an ability that would be cool for an infested stalker would be a teleport that also act similar to Hydroids undertow only it pulls you in slowly rather then rapidly and only starts hurting you after it fully covers you ( you can get away if you press jump enough times)

Well there are many, like lephantis that’s always saying things like “we are your flesh”. Which makes me imagine an infested that has evolved and adapted to your warframe. Almost like a lich. It would still fight like a brute. But it would be tanky and pretty violent. 

Also it made me thought of this concept as well. The new orokin family of derelict has made the concept somewhat more clearer too. 

Il y a 2 heures, (NSW)Leafar a dit :

i haven't faced him yet in steel path (although i have fought his acolytes) but in normal there are times where im using wukong and before i can even swing my sword my clone already blew half a chunk through him before he shadow could even get to cast dispel .  if the acolytes are anything like the shadow in steel path then sure he will survive getting blasted more then twice for sure but he will still have a hard time getting to me whit his melee only fighting style.

Ok then farm the seargent to receive the stalker e-mail, then play steel path survival with a frame that ain't inaros, wukong (+clone), grendel full HP / armor, nezha or the like

I'm not saying that you can't kill him, but that he easily kills you. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Well there are many, like lephantis that’s always saying things like “we are your flesh”. Which makes me imagine an infested that has evolved and adapted to your warframe. Almost like a lich. It would still fight like a brute. But it would be tanky and pretty violent. 

Also it made me thought of this concept as well. The new orokin family of derelict has made the concept somewhat more clearer too. 

that sounds pretty cool but considering DE is saying they want to expand the Lich system to the other factions they would probably just make that in to the Infested version of the Liches . 

On 2021-03-05 at 2:19 AM, Andele3025 said:

Give him a few mods and pre shadow AI. [...] There boyo is a slight threat.

Pre-Shadow AI: spawn in, go invisible, stay perma-invisible for the whole damn "fight".

Apparently he didn't do that to everyone, but some players said he always did it to them... and he always did it to me.

Beating him didn't feel great, 'cos the only way I found that worked was repeatedly and constantly ground-slamming at nothing in particular until he did the dying sound and dropped something. My victories by definition don't involve much skill, but that really took the biscuit. 🙄

If he'd lay off that b*******, I'd welcome a chance to actually find out what fighting OG Stalker is like.

On 2021-03-06 at 1:51 AM, OmegaVoid said:

Pre-Shadow AI: spawn in, go invisible, stay perma-invisible for the whole damn "fight".

Apparently he didn't do that to everyone, but some players said he always did it to them... and he always did it to me.

Beating him didn't feel great, 'cos the only way I found that worked was repeatedly and constantly ground-slamming at nothing in particular until he did the dying sound and dropped something. My victories by definition don't involve much skill, but that really took the biscuit. 🙄

If he'd lay off that b*******, I'd welcome a chance to actually find out what fighting OG Stalker is like.

the one time he did the perma invis to me he kinda glitched and got stuck to a corner so it might have been a glitch but who knows. 

i wonder if Codex scanners or helios would reveal his location by attempting to auto scan or by using the marker weak spot ability . personally instead of invisibility id give him Wukongs Cloud walker since A it kinda gives him a semi teleport and B as soon as he attacks he would be forced to turn visible 

Archived