Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix/nerf suggestion: mutually exclusive Weeping Wounds & Blood Rush

Pityuu2

wf

Fixed it for ya.

Seriously: most melee problems could be solved by simply not letting (and quasi forcing) people to put on the Blood Rush + Weeping Wounds + Condition Overload + Berserker combo. This change (yes it is a nerf) would present players with the choice whether to go for high status or high crits. This would leave the player with the following (I believe viable) options:

• Pick Blood Rush, then rely on anything but Weeping Wounds to trigger Condition overload (thus already increasing modding variety or encouraging the use of status spreader guns/abilities), or stay with a variant of Pressure Point
  • Pick Weeping Wounds (or "Weeping Rush"), then use your melee as a status spreader/cc device, then if the enemy is too bulky finish them off with guns or abilities.

I would much prefer to see this "nerf" rather than lowering attack speed or removing the majority of stance-guaranteed procs.

19 minutes ago, Pityuu2 said:

rather than lowering attack speed

the lowering of attack speed isnt about making melee weaker, its about fixing the annoying blender look that results in all the animation teams hard work going to waste cause you can't tell what the heck is even going on.

32 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

the lowering of attack speed isnt about making melee weaker, its about fixing the annoying blender look that results in all the animation teams hard work going to waste cause you can't tell what the heck is even going on.

Fair point. I actually liked the old melee combo system better: it was deliberate and you had to actually interact with the system, not just spam.

Off: I actually had to lower "effects intensity" so that I can see something from behind my trillion attack speed dual daggers. But then I couldn't see my abilities properly, so I tuned it back up. My solution came via divine intervention: just don't use melee. Modern problems require modern solutions.

44 minutes ago, Pityuu2 said:

Pick Blood Rush, then rely on anything but Weeping Wounds [...] would present players with the choice whether to go for high status or high crits.

I'm no Modding genius, but I'm pretty sure Weepings Wounds would get universally dropped 'cos you can proc a *decent* amount of Status without it, but there's no substitute for them big, big red crits. I'll stand corrected if a more expert builder contradicts me on that, though. 🙂

Meanwhile...

Melee-focused players going deep into endless probably wouldn't be overly pleased, but they'd switch up their builds, maybe change weapon preferences, and carry on as usual.

Melee-focused players doing regular missions would grouse that their awesome builds had got nerfed... but it wouldn't make any significant difference in-mission.

It wouldn't make any viable playstyle non-viable -- and that's generally a good thing IMHO -- but it wouldn't make any playstyles or weapons which were previously overshadowed suddenly become a more attractive option.

I don't think it would have much impact in the greater scheme of things. This isn't a change the game needs.

18 hours ago, Pityuu2 said:

Seriously: most melee problems could be solved by simply not letting (and quasi forcing) people to put on the Blood Rush + Weeping Wounds + Condition Overload + Berserker combo. 

What problems? And i do not have any statistics, but I personally rarely use berserker because primed fury is a thing. Condition overload is very rarely necessary, maybe used if you don't know what to throw in that slot. Weeping wounds is status, I will never waste time with this because although the enemy models are good looking I do not wish to spend time looking at them. And blood rush only if the weapon needs it and will be used in a way that can utilize it, but isn't needed to one tap any enemy in the game, as this can be done without building up a combo.

Archived