Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the ETA on guns buff?

Sovyul

42 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

They said Spring.

Spring doesn't begin until March 20th.

I think DE works on the logic of 'these three months are the spring season, these three are Summer' etc, especially since it works well for the PA schedule.

26 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I think DE works on the logic of 'these three months are the spring season, these three are Summer' etc, especially since it works well for the PA schedule.

Agreed. But I'm not expecting the update until the last week of March at the earliest unless DE consider February to be part of the "Spring season".

20 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Hang on, why are we buffing guns?

Enemies got nerfed. They're no longer tanks, the weakest peashooter can kill anyone now.

If anything, melee should get nerfed to be more in line.

less of a backlash by buffing gun than by nerfing melee

Just now, smashedwookie said:

less of a backlash by buffing gun than by nerfing melee

So DE takes the path of least resistance and makes the game easier than it already is. If they buff enemies, they're also going to get backlash. Might as well reduce the game to being a big red button that has "4" stamped on it, and whenever you press it, you get random stuff.

27 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Agreed. But I'm not expecting the update until the last week of March at the earliest unless DE consider February to be part of the "Spring season".

I mean, it's not like they're starting in Spring. They indicated some of the early murmurings of these changes back in January.

I'm expecting Dev workshop soon-ish, then the update 1-2 weeks after the fact. 

No eta for this one but it will come when it is done. Basically they need to check each weapon one by one and one weapon may takes hours even days to playtest with different stat changes and they need to know what the change cause so probably end of the spring is more realistic to release any hint. Not as simple as just changing few stats because few damage or utility changes can widely manipulate the whole weapon dynamics.

I suggest each weapon in game should deal 1 damage so we will reach the most correct damage also choice of play /s.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, it's not like they're starting in Spring. They indicated some of the early murmurings of these changes back in January.

I'm expecting Dev workshop soon-ish, then the update 1-2 weeks after the fact. 

Scott's top man is on the job, if his truck progress is anything to go by this will be a while

9 hours ago, Sovyul said:

Will pistols get some treatment too?

I believe they said Primary and Secondary, so yes. plus it would be pointless to buff one and not the other, they're both at roughly the same level of power, which is to say, way below melee.

and people should stop panicking, at least let the Dev Workshop happen before you don your tinfoil hats and grab your pitchforks, you silly Pobbers....

I got the impression that they would be BOTH buffing guns and nerfing melee.

And the “nerfs” to melee sounded like they just want to make melee less lazy so you can’t just spam quick attack to steamroll through SP missions. I don’t expect the top end power of melee to come down all that much, so I’m expecting more “tweaks” than “nerfs”, I just hope I’m correct.

Archived