Are we ever going to see Umbra echoes come back as a reward

I kinda want to see this reward come to the game. It was bizarre that DE axed the thing instead of tweaking it to match people's criticisms, which were if it's rare why only have the effect last a day why not longer duration? I feel like there could of been an easy compromise. Make very common if its day duration or if it's the same rarity of "universal" medallions make it a perma buff to the frame.

Cause what we got instead of umbra echoes just not worth the rarity. Universal is only a 1000 rep can't be use on conclave and is a 1 or 2% drop. I can get mid tier syndicate medallions by the bucket loads by doing faily syndicates and all other syndicates have easier ways to gain rep than use the medallions. 

Anyone else kinda interested in this reward making its way to the game?

Edited by (XBOX)The Neko Otaku
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Anyone else kinda interested in this reward making its way to the game?

Nope. Echoes were a cop-out and Umbral Warframes are too cool to be relegated to a consumable.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 4

We got the lua lens as a replacement for the "umbra injection", the universal medallion was just added in the same patch.

I personally prefer my warframe to stay put instead of running around alerting enemies and losing HP.

The upgrade would also have to be permanent and have an easy on/off switch for me to use it, consumeables I have to farm every 24h (or even week) are a big no.

• Like 3

Not sure it was really axed but more, like they said about content last devtream, that they want to release it along side something more special, maybe New War related, but were just not ready yet.

Personally im not interested in it as a reward. If it was something tied to a quest like oporators, that once we compleate the quest its always on, then that would be cool.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

We got the lua lens as a replacement for the "umbra injection", the universal medallion was just added in the same patch.

I personally prefer my warframe to stay put instead of running around alerting enemies and losing HP.

The upgrade would also have to be permanent and have an easy on/off switch for me to use it, consumeables I have to farm every 24h (or even week) are a big no.

Im pretty sure they stated the universal medallion as a replacement since the medallions can be earned in all disruption missions while the lens is lua restricted. 

• (XBOX)The Neko Otaku changed the title to Are we ever going to see Umbra echoes come back as a reward

My memory might not be 100% correct here but I think there were two major prongs to the complaint: 1. It had that limit time use 2. Umbra AI isn't the best so it wouldn't be that useful of a reward for the work it would seem to take.  then the minor complaint of wanting actual umbra frames not this weird inbetween thing. 

• Like 1

The problem was that the Umbra thing is more a gimmick than anything else. Any specter has more utility. I would be fine with the option to make it a permanent addon to a WF but for a single day buff it is too weak.

Yo DE!

Reshape the Echoes into SentryMode plug ins we can use with our Mechs. 

There are times i want to place my Mech down and have it destroy things while i fish/mine/look at lore possible areas without having to fight all the time. And do not say they are not possible while i watch a mech on CD walking around shooting and deth dealing on its own.

Give them a daily time limit that way if you know you are not hitting open worlds, they revert to normal. This should be an easy do. Come on DE....

2 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Make very common if its day duration or if it's the same rarity of "universal" medallions make it a perma buff to the frame.

I think a month would've been a fair duration if they had the same droprate as universal medallions. Also, the droprate is 5% so not too insanely low to need to be a permabuff.

5% is low enough that it would be quite a bit of effort to get it on all your frames within a month, but high enough that you can keep your most liked frames active.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

Yo DE!

Reshape the Echoes into SentryMode plug ins we can use with our Mechs. 

There are times i want to place my Mech down and have it destroy things while i fish/mine/look at lore possible areas without having to fight all the time. And do not say they are not possible while i watch a mech on CD walking around shooting and deth dealing on its own.

Give them a daily time limit that way if you know you are not hitting open worlds, they revert to normal. This should be an easy do. Come on DE....

I like the way you think! Mechs out on the Cambrion Drift are active during Vome's cycle, it would make sense that we would eventually be able to program them for autonomy through some sort of Necraloid-related shenanigans. I guess we have our next "Gravimag" if DE ever gets to it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, yarl5000 said:

My memory might not be 100% correct here but I think there were two major prongs to the complaint: 1. It had that limit time use 2. Umbra AI isn't the best so it wouldn't be that useful of a reward for the work it would seem to take.  then the minor complaint of wanting actual umbra frames not this weird inbetween thing. 

The main issue was the duration of it, and people not thinking it was a great way to make content repeatable. As this was during a period where there were frequent complaints over most content being worthless after you got what you wanted.

• Like 1

DE definitely plans to make all frames sentient(TC 17), but the echo mechanic just seemed like a "gotta keep the guy fueled" grind when it should be an intrinsic feature of the frame. Keeping such a cool mechanic to a small number of meme frames would be a huge waste of potential.