Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have you ever befriended a 10-year old?

53 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

You should have reported him for a ban. Minors playing the game are a violation of DE's terms of service.

ACCOUNT
You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account. If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, you are required to review this agreement with your parent(s) or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them.

By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms of Use, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parent(s) or legal guardian has read and agreed to these Terms of Use, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service. Only one person may use an Account.

https://www.warframe.com/terms

That's just for in case the kid gets traumatized by what he has seen in the video game, so the company can't be held legally accountable. Otherwise they really don't give a f*ck if 4 year olds play the game

1 hour ago, (PSN)Rebel-sonie said:

-Snip-

I would have removed said 10 year old player from my contacts without second thought and probably reported too since Warframe is 18+.
I can tolerate 14 years and older because they know enough to not be a complete nuisance to other players.

Also, this kinda reminded me a person i had met in Second Life that played Warframe too and i decided to add, the guy constantly sent me random invites and would come on my PMs asking me for prime stuff. I like helping people but i know well when someone is just trying to take advantage of me to get free stuff.

30 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

To your point, IMO, it's the responsibility we all have as rational humans, to protect those that cannot yet protect themselves.

It's not narc-ing, it's not tattling, it's providing reasonable controls to help parents raise humans, those kids grow up to be the ones that wipe the dribble from you mouth when you are old.

Even if I choose to protect by not interacting, better for everyone.

But how do we know their parents didn’t give them permission to play the game? We don’t, and it’s none of my business AFAIC. That’s why I’d consider it narc-ing to report them.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Rebel-sonie said:

Never. Again.

never in the first place is even better though. voice chat is just asking for trouble. mot of the time I just get people who've left their mic on by mistake, or non-english speakers who seem to be talking to someone else in the room.

I'll help out new players, I never bother asking their age I don't really care it's just a game all humans play, but the moment they start to want free prime parts or become your stalker I kickem to the curb.

The last two I helped out in a mission they're still sitting in pending friends request, which reminds me I must clear it.

Edit:
I never hear them, it's always text type comms, unless I use my mike to reply back for ease.

I make it a point to help only to answer questions ,

My first statement usually is something like "the game is very wiki heavy , you should check some guides "

Then if they still ask questions then I am happy to help within reason , I honestly don't have anything to do in the game so I enjoy consulting about the game mechanics and current frame capabilities.

But the moment they start saying "I would like this prime cause I saw it in a video " I just tell them to refer to the codex and farm it ,

and if they say " could we run hydron I need to leech xp " is the day I add them to ignore.

I've helped many of people and sadly alot of times it does turn into "Hey do you have "this" to give me?".  I usually just break away from them at that point.  I helped and became friends with a dude from India and he's the only one I've kept on my friends list.  He's really cool, offers to help and asks me if I need stuff that's hard to get when he has it at this point.  That's how people should be but far and few in between they are.

On the subject of asking for free stuff, I see it on Alliance chat all the time. They are politely asked not to beg others(usually for plat). If they do it again they are given a final warning and if they breach that they're out of their respective clan and the alliance. Simple and effective, I'll help players get what they need but I'm not gonna gift it on a silver platter unless I know them very well.

There are a lot of problems with this...

First of all, if I'm the parent i would never let my 10 year old play warframe. I'll let them play mariokart, or minecraft. OFFLINE.

Secondly, kids aren't ready for multiplayer. Just think about it: a kid live their lives by knowing how to ask. They're hungry? They ask their parents for food. They want to play? They ask their parents for toys. They ask their teachers when they need anything at school. "Asking" is the sole concept that they've learn to survive life. When placed on multiplayer games, they will turn out to be beggars. 

The concept of having to work to get something is probably really alien the younger they are. There's your answer if you ever wonder why many p2w games still exist although they all offer f2p gameplay alternative. Of course as these kids get older and having to mow the lawn or take out trash to get money, they'll slowly learn about it.

And lastly... I don't help randoms in warframe, period. "Helping" in this game usually means using saryn in s.o and murder absolutely everything, using gauss to open relics in 25 seconds, wukong to do all three data in spy, before anyone can even touch anything. or giving away free items so i can feel like a generous god. The newbs never really learn anything, it's bad for them in the long run.

I do help my friends or people from this forum. If i know they've done 50 fissures but unlucky enough to get the part they want, I'll be happy to give it to them. They've learned what they need to do and did what they can, just unlucky.

24 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

There are a lot of problems with this...

First of all, if I'm the parent i would never let my 10 year old play warframe. I'll let them play mariokart, or minecraft. OFFLINE.

Secondly, kids aren't ready for multiplayer. Just think about it: a kid live their lives by knowing how to ask. They're hungry? They ask their parents for food. They want to play? They ask their parents for toys. They ask their teachers when they need anything at school. "Asking" is the sole concept that they've learn to survive life. When placed on multiplayer games, they will turn out to be beggars. 

The concept of having to work to get something is probably really alien the younger they are. There's your answer if you ever wonder why many p2w games still exist although they all offer f2p gameplay alternative. Of course as these kids get older and having to mow the lawn or take out trash to get money, they'll slowly learn about it.

And lastly... I don't help randoms in warframe, period. "Helping" in this game usually means using saryn in s.o and murder absolutely everything, using gauss to open relics in 25 seconds, wukong to do all three data in spy, before anyone can even touch anything. or giving away free items so i can feel like a generous god. The newbs never really learn anything, it's bad for them in the long run.

I do help my friends or people from this forum. If i know they've done 50 fissures but unlucky enough to get the part they want, I'll be happy to give it to them. They've learned what they need to do and did what they can, just unlucky.

Yeah, like me, i was never 10 years old. I was born fully grown and so i knew better than to do stupid things. /s

But really, not everyone is a moron and we should all assume that they wilfully pretend not know better for their personal gain. So the less you interact with others, the better, and if you really want to do that, that's on you.

I've ran into alot of people that act like that over the years, the sad part is that 99% of them havent even been kids, just "adults" with with zero attention span and no idea how to act socially. Doesnt matter if it was in an MMO like DaoC or WoW, or in a co-op multiplayer game like this, they are always there and they really turn things into cringe. 

And the reason this 10 year old acted like that is probably because his parents are one of those types of people I've ran into over the last 20 years, and for some reason they decided to spawn an offspring to plague earth.

21 minutes ago, yoman15 said:

I thought I'm the only one before reading this

I was even a bit upset and regretting my act

But now I guess what I did was at least not wrong.

There is no onus on any payer to interact with another, never feel bad about choosing not to play with another player, there is nothing wrong in that, regardless of their age or your outlook.

Players have no obligation whatsoever to other players.

Just because a player desires help, or anything else, does not mean there is any onus on another player to provide that help.

I really get upset when I see players guilt other players into doing things, that really does make the blood boil...

There is not much stopping kids with free to play games anymore. Many are at home with internet access for remote learning, so it’s more common to run into them. Often interactions devolve into ‘gimme this, gimme that’, but that’s not behavior exclusive to children, and I have had kids just reaching out with questions as well. 

Archived