Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Centuri - The Soma Warframe (v2)

Circmfission

I've gone back to my bad idea from over a year ago and breathed some new, rotten life into it. I've given at least some minimal amount of thought to changing the kit, seeing as how DE plagiarized one of my concepts when they designed protea's dispensary, and stats, as I realize now 900 base armor is probably not such a good idea. anyways the revised design is as follows:

(Please excuse the circa-2007 newgrounds flash game quality concept art, it's all proof of concept)

CENTURI (Like centurion but also it sounds like sentry)

The Soma Warframe

Update: Edited to reflect some criticism, changed some instances of efficiency scaling to strength scaling. The abundance of efficiency scaling is twofold in reason, first is to keep those values from scaling too high in theory as efficiency is capped, and second is to give efficiency a reason on a no-energy frame. Other things were changed to have no scaling from the frame at all, and instead scale from weapon damage (which scales from the frame).

major alterations will appear in orange

100 Health (300 at 30)/100 shield (300 at 30)/400 armor (600 at 30)/0 Energy

Passives:

Friendly Fire- shooting an ally with a primary weapon grants them a buff depending on whether the weapon is projectile or hitscan, and the trigger type of weapon fired.

Projectile: Restores Shield/Energy to the target  /  Hitscan: Grants bonus armor/damage buff to the target

Auto: Player gains Speed/Melee Speed/Fire Rate proportional to the damage of fired shots  /  Burst/Auto-Burst: Player is restored, and gains additional health proportional to the damage of fired shots  /  Semi-Auto/Duplex/Active: Player gains crit damage and chance proportional to the damage of fired shots  /  Held: Player is restored and gains overshield proportional to the damage of fired shots  /  Charge: Player gains armor proportional to the damage of fired shots 

buffs last an amount of time proportional to the ammo spent and trigger type

Heavy Artillery- Centuri cannot equip a melee weapon, but can instead equip two primaries. Primary damage increases for each shot fired (scales with strength), effect resets on weapon swap or reload. Centuri is immune to status effects while firing a primary weapon. Charging shots counts as firing for a short duration, to account for charging bows/certain guns, but cannot be held to give permanent status immunity.

Centuri's current armor value is always displayed as an "armor gauge" above his abilities, or as a buff icon like iron skin/scarab armor

umrn1cS.png Assault- Expend 50% (scales with efficiency) of your base armor to overheat your primary weapons. While active, shots fired from primary weapons consume 1 armor for auto/auto-burst/burst/held primaries and 5 armor for other trigger types (10 for specifically bows), and primaries do not need to reload. Effect ends when armor is depleted or is toggled off and cannot be reactivated until you have more armor than the activation cost.

jjwuMRk.png Armaments - Tap to enable/disable. While enabled, up to 100% of damage taken is reduced and stored (amount of damage reduced and stored decreases as armor increases), and you gain proportional armor to the damage you take. When armor reaches full this ability is toggled off and cannot be toggled back on until armor goes beneath a certain threshold (scales with efficiency). When deactivated by reaching full armor or manually disabling, the next shot you fire from a primary weapon gains damage equal to all the damage that was stored.

ontv67N.png Foundry- While armor is above 0: Reduce your armor to 0, giving the amount of armor you had when you cast this ability to every ally in affinity range, and increasing your fire rate, melee speed and movement speed by 30% (scales with strength), and critical chance and damage by an additive 20% (scales with efficiency). Effects weaken as armor increases

While armor is 0: Strip 50% (scales with strength) of enemy armor in range, to restore your own armor.

aPrwOec.png Corporea - Summon the Corporea exalted rifle (50 damage [35 Slash/10 puncture/5 Impact] / 35% Crit Chance / 2.5x Crit Damage / 20% Status / 20 Accuracy / 20 Rounds per second (Spool) ). While active, you cannot switch weapons. Each shot reduces armor by 1, and base damage increases by 3 (1s/1p/1i) (scales with strength) for each armor missing. When armor hits 0, the Corporea remains active in an overheated state, gaining innate heat damage equal to its current damage and increasing the crit tier of your next shot by 1. While overheated you can fire one 100 accuracy shot with 5m Punchthrough (scales with range), afterwards the ability is deactivated. Allies hit by this shot gain the effects of every friendly fire passive. This ability cannot be recast until your armor is restored to full. (final shot can benefit from firestorm)

viacv1g.png

Design based on roman infantry and riot gear

(I know he looks like excalibur it's not intentional I swear)

KepQZvg.png

please keep in mind I am not a game designer nor balance expert so some of these values might need to be tweaked/may be unrealistic. The overall concept is a frame that can serve as a decent tank and decent group support, with scaling primary damage to make up for the lack of a melee.

Flat added crit chance that scales with strength seems kinda overboard, along with 2 strong passives. Still, neat concepts, 2 primaries seems cool. Base armor appears to be extremely high, considering that one of the suggested abilities increases your base armor and regens armor on taking damage, Armaments seems like a bit much, seeing that it also has no cost to use. Also with the 1 increasing base armor. Maybe change it to simply consume ammunition to restore your armor, based on the ammo type consumed (Sniper, Pistol/Rifle, Shotgun, Arrows, etc.) instead of increasing your already impressive base armor.

Otherwise, cool concept for an "Armor as a resource" frame

5 hours ago, MK_33 said:

Flat added crit chance that scales with strength seems kinda overboard, along with 2 strong passives. Still, neat concepts, 2 primaries seems cool. Base armor appears to be extremely high, considering that one of the suggested abilities increases your base armor and regens armor on taking damage, Armaments seems like a bit much, seeing that it also has no cost to use. Also with the 1 increasing base armor. Maybe change it to simply consume ammunition to restore your armor, based on the ammo type consumed (Sniper, Pistol/Rifle, Shotgun, Arrows, etc.) instead of increasing your already impressive base armor.

Otherwise, cool concept for an "Armor as a resource" frame

yeah that soudns like solid advice

Archived