Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You left your mic on..!

Best one yet... a building site. Someone was actually playing an Xbox in a building site, presumably a portable office with the doors and windows open, and digger engines, builders talking and yelling at each other, hammers, saws.... 

It was weirdly interesting to listen to until the guy paused (stopped moving) to talk to a staff member. I'm guessing he was the site manager or something but it sounded private, so I muted and fired off a quick 'left your mic on' in Xbox chat.

It wasn't until after leaving party in orbiter he read my Xbox message he replied, "Oh S#&$ thanks."

But really? Xbox n Warframe in the middle of a building site ... at work??

I'm still laughing.

What's your best one?

This happened on a private discord call with a group of friends. One of them was "assaulted" by his girlfriend and we heard the whole sexy time. No need to say that once he returned to the call we made more jokes about him that we ever did in our entire life before that point haha

I turn voice chat off in any game out of principle, but I've had a lot of people in multiple games lose their cool in text chat for the most stupid reasons.

A real classic is the "stupid/useless team" after the guy got himself killed by rushing ahead.

It's beyond me why any PC version of a game even provides VC as a feature, but when they do, I immediately disable it. I have no desire to hear the idle ramblings of a complete stranger. I haven't touched console gaming in well over a decade. I wonder how that community (console) has been more able to endure and even desire it.

31 minutes ago, Void_Ocelot said:

I wonder how that community (console) has been more able to endure and even desire it.

masochism

/ˈmasəkɪz(ə)m/

noun

(in general use) the enjoyment of an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.

I had a friend that was an uber driver and he'd hop in and out of our discord voice chat in between customers. One time he forgot to leave chat when he picked up a drunk couple from a bar. The lady was super obnoxious and wasted. After about about 2 minutes she just starts puking everywhere. Of course he starts freaking out and using every obscenity he knows to get the couple tf out his car. This goes on for like five minutes before the couple leaves. Then he has to clean his car. For the next hour like 5 of us listen to our friend yell and scream while he cleaned the puke out of his car. We could have just kicked him from chat while we played our game but it was too damn funny listening to his outbursts. 

1 hour ago, Void_Ocelot said:

It's beyond me why any PC version of a game even provides VC as a feature, but when they do, I immediately disable it. I have no desire to hear the idle ramblings of a complete stranger. I haven't touched console gaming in well over a decade. I wonder how that community (console) has been more able to endure and even desire it.

Because it's the best choice they have. 

Have you tried typing out messages in the middle of gameplay using a controller? 

VC is almost mandatory if you want to have any kind of real communication with others on a console. 

I don't like to boast but also don't want talk about it, it is too naughty talk about it so keep it short someone was playing warframe as they left mic on in "Hot House" by I mean in genital men club...*cough* *cough* so basically it went kanky and naught story I still laugh thus I cannot tell you about it because well guideline rules.

i'm old therefore i don't do voice chats unless a gun is pointed to my head and i really have to.

this is just how gaming was, is, and will ever be for me.

however i'm also a semi-pro gamer that occasionally enter online tournaments. and many of my younger teammates did threaten me to use VC.
i was really surprised when they'd call me using discord on our free time, and just... chat about stuff. i ain't got time for this, kid. i have to do the dishes, and laundry, talk to my own kid, i got plenty of other stuff to do!
i figured out that VC to younger gamers is like phonecalls for us older people. i used to call my girlfriend for hours back in the days, then call my friend and talk about other girls right after that.
we were obsessed with phonecalls.

just like you guys are now with VC.
so imma gracefully accept my age and opt to not use it.

Voice chat is always off for me. Even in a new game, I have to go to the Options, find the feature, disable it, then play the game. Aside from World of Warcraft where vent was mandatory for raid commands, I don't use voice chat. The few times I turn it on for some odd reason, it's usually some lonely gamer who wants some attention without leaving said person's room.

10 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

i'm old therefore i don't do voice chats unless a gun is pointed to my head and i really have to.

this is just how gaming was, is, and will ever be for me.

however i'm also a semi-pro gamer that occasionally enter online tournaments. and many of my younger teammates did threaten me to use VC.
i was really surprised when they'd call me using discord on our free time, and just... chat about stuff. i ain't got time for this, kid. i have to do the dishes, and laundry, talk to my own kid, i got plenty of other stuff to do!
i figured out that VC to younger gamers is like phonecalls for us older people. i used to call my girlfriend for hours back in the days, then call my friend and talk about other girls right after that.
we were obsessed with phonecalls.

just like you guys are now with VC.
so imma gracefully accept my age and opt to not use it.

I wouldn't say that we're obsessed with VC, grandpa. I can only count on one hand how many times randoms used VC with each other over the course of my ~12 years of online gaming (by randoms i mean not friends, not guild members doing raid, and not playing a MOBA with friends' acquaintances) 

Also nobody cares about your age in games IME, except brats or a-holes who would pick on you anything else if you weren't an old fart.

There's a right time and place for VC, and for example, CoD is neither, ever.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)War Teh Hog said:

Xbox n Warframe in the middle of a building site ... at work??

I hope that when they're working, they have We All Lift Together playing on the radio. if ever there was a song that can make yo build stuff faster...

I should play it to my Foundry in the Orbiter, then I could get that 12 hour crafting time people always wanted!

I am an introvert person and I dont use any form of the mics for speaking. I hate when background noises and crappy quality voice speaks and not understand what the others want to say. I am a typer person and I did use text all the time if it is possible.

Used to have a girlfriend who snored really freaking loud. On late at night with my clan on discord and she's sleeping already. Had several clan members ask me what the hell that noise was as it sounded like a herd of animals were rumbling along in the background. Had to explain to them that it was her snoring peacefully and boy were they shocked lol.

11 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Used to have a girlfriend who snored really freaking loud. On late at night with my clan on discord and she's sleeping already. Had several clan members ask me what the hell that noise was as it sounded like a herd of animals were rumbling along in the background. Had to explain to them that it was her snoring peacefully and boy were they shocked lol.

Why is it that I can just imagine your conversation going something like this;

"Yo, what's that dying animal in your room?"

"That's... that's my girlfriend, snoring."

"Told you guys, dude sleeps with a horse."

Or some jokes like that lol

Archived