Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Gaetir

iHeathen

Warframes are a unity of infestation and machine in perfect synergy. We have warframes leaning towards one side more than the other, such as Nidus being all infestation and no apparent mechanical components, but we have yet to see a fully mechanical unit - the opposite to Nidus. We have tech frames such as Vauban & Protea - relying fully on their gear & gadgets, but that is as far as we have strayed from the infestation playing a major role in our physicality.

Gaetir, the Judicator

Warframe designed to serve as a last measure against 'matters getting out of hand', the pinnacle of combat tactics, adaptation and efficiency, field deployment only warranted by the highest of orokin hierarchy, no research expense was spared nor ethical limitations so much as considered, sentience evolved to a degree too volatile for free reign yet focused on only one task - the mission. That is, before the events of Zariman 10-0.

Activation protocols were never finalized when the anarchy erupted and the infestation took hold of everything orokin, leaving Gaetir fully aware of his body yet unable to move nor respond, trapped in his own mind, advanced combat modules reduced to a window through which all he could do is watch and monitor through sensors and optics of what truly happened to his creators, unable to forget, unwilling to forgive.

Through fragments of information he was able to understand what transpired with Zariman 10-0. The survivors, the 10-0 were the last remaining beacon of hope, for it is only through them can the activation protocol be finalized.

[Proximity alert]: Zariman survivor within range

[Definition analysis]: Tenno 

[Preparing synchronization request]...

[Synchronization successful]

[Activation Protocol]: Complete

'There are no lines in between good nor evil, no descent nor ascension, there is only the choice and the mission.'Gaetir-Concept.jpg

• [Armor]: 450
  • [Shields]: 250 (500 at rank 30)
  • [Health]: 500 (600 at rank 30) 
  • [Energy]: 150 (300 at rank 30)
  • [Sprint Speed]: 1.1

• [Passive]: [10-23]police code for "stand by": Standing still for 3 seconds activates sensory modules, displaying all targets through objects and terrain via HUD, modifying non-explosive projectile based weapons with infinite punch-through within a 20m radius. Additionally: the reactor within becomes overcharged with ability use, increasing shield regeneration speed and granting health regeneration respective to the overcharge capacity

1. [Jury]: [Tap] Sends out drones from inside the frame (amount based on ability strength) to automatically latch onto enemies in a 15m area, prioritizing those within crosshairs and exposing their weakness (akin to Helios' Detect Vulnerability) dealing 3.0x damage. [Hold] Deploys drones to seek out nearby friendly units in a 30m radius to grant them continuously replenishing overshields until duration timeout or destroyed. Each enemy killed \ each friendly unit shielded and in the case of each drone destroyed before duration timeout further overcharges your reactor.
  2. [Steadfast]: Root yourself in place, generating an impenetrable shield around you in a 7m radius, expelling and preventing enemies from entering as you recharge health and gain a temporary boost in armor upon end of duration (amount based on damage absorbed), allies within the dome also gain the same benefits plus increasing fallen teammate revival time by 100%. All damage absorbed directly further overcharges your reactor.
  3. [Bombardment]: Expose a turret from your shoulder, delivering a quick barrage of super heated plasma enveloping compressed pockets of energy, sacrificing 25% of your reactor overcharge, covering the area in miniature black holes, ragdolling enemies in the immediate vicinity violently upon proximity contact and leaving the ground covered in radioactive flames upon explosion.
  4. [Purge]: Release all of your accumulated reactor overchage in a violent explosion in a 180 degree arc of you as you reveal it exposing your chest cavity, throwing back all but the toughest enemies as you set flame and unleash radiation on the survivors. Purge radius and damage directly related to the amount of overcharge accumulated pre-release.

The goal is to have a survivable, tactical, adaptive and destructive both in a solo and team scenario warframe, while certain numbers may be changed for a more balanced yet 'superior unit' feel the idea must remain the same, with the fully mechanized unit style at it's core.

16 minutes ago, iHeathen said:

Root yourself in place, generating an impenetrable shield around you in a 7m radius, expelling and preventing enemies from entering as you recharge health and gain a temporary boost in armor upon end of duration (amount based on damage absorbed), allies within the dome also gain the same benefits plus increasing fallen teammate revival time by 100%. All damage absorbed directly further overcharges your reactor.

I really like your idea, and it seems like a good warframe to have in a team, especially for this ability, and I have a question about it: as long as this ability is active, will you be able to attack with your ranged weapons, or no?

11 minutes ago, iHeathen said:

A closer non-textured view of the details;
Gaetir-Flat-Concept.jpg

P.s. Nice model

Aren't Nechramech's the "prototype warframes" that leaned more towards the mechanical aspect? Im pretty sure Father said something along those lines, and that also made them obsolete.

Nice art anyway, the second power is way too powerful right now for this to be considered and i'm confused how Plasma is opening Black Holes, but aside from that its a good concept. Keep working on it and it'll get there :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Enderman20 said:

I really like your idea, and it seems like a good warframe to have in a team, especially for this ability, and I have a question about it: as long as this ability is active, will you be able to attack with your ranged weapons, or no?

P.s. Nice model

For balance reasons all efforts would be focused on maintaining the shield up, for the added benefits within it and the increase in overcharge. Especially in cases when you're overwhelmed and need to pick up a downed ally. Upon shield elimination the blast-back knocking back enemies should suffice as you continue with the fight.

1 hour ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Aren't Nechramech's the "prototype warframes" that leaned more towards the mechanical aspect? Im pretty sure Father said something along those lines, and that also made them obsolete.

Nice art anyway, the second power is way too powerful right now for this to be considered and i'm confused how Plasma is opening Black Holes, but aside from that its a good concept. Keep working on it and it'll get there :thumbup:

Necramechs are crude and don't possess the Warframe spirit. Something tells me the orokin and all their might, research and glory would be beyond more than capable of creating a mechanized warframe with minimal or no infestation presence guiding it. Look at Loid for example, fully aware, sentient and in control, yet not infested. The warframe is a full scale version of what Loid is, speaking by comparison.

I kinda like this Idea as it solves the issue of it being immobile by just making it so it doesnt have to move. sounds like a concept that would feel a bit badass jsut standing there sniping dudes (used to do that with the zenith). Love the concept model very well done.
I love the idea of sending out drones. (but I just like summoning swarms of units in games just in general)
If this got added definitely would be on my list of screw around frames if not regularly playing it (along with the legendary stealth hydroid and speed titania)
Definitely can see myself going into a infested exterminate and just going ham. Words cannot describe how much I like this.

TL;DR: If this got added I'd be one very happy boi.

• 1 month later...

Kindly credit the artist whose images you have repurposed for this concept.

Base stats:

• You want a warframe whose core gimmick is to stand still, and give it 1.1 speed? Should be more like 1.0 at most if not less.
  • Health doesn't scale properly. A starting base health of 500 means he's the second tankiest warframe next to Inaros' 550, but he only goes up to 600hp at rank 30 (Inaros hits 2200 unmodded)?

Passive:

• "Standing still for 3 seconds" is a bad idea for unoptimized players in late star chart/sorties, and a death sentence for anyone in Arbitrations/Steel Path not running a triple-umbral-adaptation-Arcane Grace tanky warframe builds.
  • Passives don't have names, let alone a modern day police code DE would never use considering all the unrest going on right now.
  • Also, I think you mean "Charge", as "Overcharge" would mean to go above the 100% capacity.

Ability 1:

• TAP assumes enemies have no cover to hide behind, because as simple as their AI is Grineer/Corpus do at least have some rudimentary intelligence to seek cover. So if they do hide behind a deployable barrier, a wall or whatever else, this warframe would have to get up and lose all stationary bonuses just to have a line-of-sight towards the enemy, let alone see the weak spot. Honestly, this just sounds like an inferior Banshee Sonar because she instantly marks everyone around her with a single cast.
  • HOLD is a worse version of Protea's shield drones because her drones are invulnerable and duration-only.

Ability 2:

• What's the point of +armor if your ability prevents enemies from entering anyway?
  • Knowing DE, full invulnerability would not be allowed: instead this would be balanced to either be a copy-paste Snow Globe (block projectiles only, allow enemies to run through) or Mass Vitrify (block enemies and projectiles, destroyable wall sections, needs setup to be tougher) sort of barrier.
  • By "Root yourself in place", does that include a 180 degree turn limitation or can this warframe spin about 360 degrees on his waist, Voidrig style, while his feet are planted into the ground?
  • I can see the utility in rooting yourself next to a downed teammate, but seeing as "faster revival" is strictly limited to Trinity's passive, I don't see that being put in, especially as this Warframe's theme doesn't extensively involve 'emergency response'.

Ability 3:

• So you want to mix multiple Vauban Vortexes with Oberon's Hallowed Ground and Ember's 1-hold? I don't see this making the cut at all.

Ability 4:

• You do remember how people hated the impact rework that ragdolled enemies, right? This 4 would throw off everyone's target aiming, and if the knockback effect is really strong (enemies fly for about 10+ meters), it'll wind up really annoying teammates who have to chase their targets down.
  • Also, radiation+fire again?
  • Thanks to the general lack of ability damage scaling, I can only see this ability as situational CC at best in Steel Path.

Final thoughts: This warframe sounds like it desperately wants to be like Gauss but also an "anti-Gauss" at the same time - It doesn't help that the reference picture you used just looks like a more mechanized version of the Gauss Mag helmet. The reactor system is not only a 100% copy-paste of Gauss' reactor passive without the drawback of decaying, but also includes health regen alongside shield regen.

The "remaining stationary" gimmick is antithesis to Warframe's overall theme as an agile looter-shooter, and you clearly haven't factored in enemy CC attacks that can knock down, move or grapple-hook warframes (or even send players floating away, such as Mania's heavy attacks).

As it is, this warframe is only suited for niche mission types such as Mobile Defense and Defense.

Archived