Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

many years and no change?

(XBOX)Imzheero

English is not my native language, I apologize for any inconvenience.

The game is the same thing for several years, they add things that don't make you want to play or just put them with limiters to force you to play.

Devs live and receive feedback and nothing changes for something really positive, the changes take many years to come and nothing ever happens (a good example of this is the game history, what the hell is it?)

I don't want to criticize or anything, I just want people to realize that NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL IN THIS GAME.

I could sum it all up in one example: the math behind the forge, 50 platinum to speed up the construction of a 3-day item and 25 to speed up a 12-hour or less ...

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Imzheero said:

I don't want to criticize or anything, I just want people to realize that NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL IN THIS GAME.

Anybody that's still here after some months (if not years) pretty much came into terms with this. This can look like accepting it completely, tolerably acceptable, skipped certain content, etc. If any thing, this is for any new players that haven't gone through the months.

On a more serious note, I think if you look at the big picture you'll see that in the last few years, the devs have really listened to the community and added some of the most sought-after changes and additions. For example:

Armor scaling changes. People had asking for less dramatic armor scaling ever since level 40+ enemies became feasible to fight. They changed that scaling last year.

Editable Warframe abilities. Since forever, people have been saying "hey what if we could change what abilities our Warframes have?". The Helminth system achieved that idea.

Open Worlds. This is a bit more vague, but before PoE, people often asked for bigger missions than just "randomly generated tiles". Hence, Open Worlds.

More unique weapons. Back in the day, an update might consist entirely of bugfixes, minor changes and a single weapon, such as the Twin Basolk. These weapons were often only different to other weapons due to stats, with no unique abilities (see Twin Basolk). However, these days almost every new weapon has some sort of special ability or unique alt-fire.

This is by no means an exhaustive list. I could also include things that were reworked after launch expressly due to community feedback, such as Liches and Railjack. Overall, while it might feel like the game doesn't significantly change, many things do change over time. Hell, before The Second Dream we didn't even have a real story, just disconnected Quests and the occasional Operation. Look at the big picture and you can really see how the game has evolved

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Imzheero said:

The game is the same thing for several years, they add things that don't make you want to play or just put them with limiters to force you to play.

If you dont like it that much just dont play it. There are other games. Move on.

I play it still, but its not like i dont just play other stuff aswell. Dont worrry about it so much.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Imzheero said:

I could sum it all up in one example: the math behind the forge, 50 platinum to speed up the construction of a 3-day item and 25 to speed up a 12-hour or less ...

What a lovely example to show that you don't know what you're talking about.

2 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

More unique weapons. Back in the day, an update might consist entirely of bugfixes, minor changes and a single weapon, such as the Twin Basolk. These weapons were often only different to other weapons due to stats, with no unique abilities (see Twin Basolk). However, these days almost every new weapon has some sort of special ability or unique alt-fire.

Augments have even granted some of these old weapons new abilities. Again, see Twin Basolk and the Rift Strike augment.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Imzheero said:

Uh... In what way? Because about a year ago, we got a brand new capital ship combat module with freeform space flight and boarding capability. A few years ago we started getting semi-open-world maps. Visuals have changed multiple times as the engine was updated to modern standards. Multiple tilesets have been redesigned from scratch. I understand that not everyone cares for all of these things (I consider "open world" maps a mistake), but to assert that the game hasn't changed is entirely anecdotal. None of what was added may make YOU want to play, but I certainly look forward to the promised Railjack updates because that's easily my favourite game mode in Warframe.

warframe has always been, and will always be, an action tps. but to say it doesn't change ever would be a lie. sure, the entire game world isn't shaken to it's core like in The Second Dream every other weekend, but there's consistently been changes/updates. some of them good (heart of deimos, deadlock protocol, railjack 2.0), some of them.... less so.... (nights of naberus, some of the railjack 3.0 stuff, scarlet spear) but they're all pretty meaty updates.

But you're objectively wrong on this entire stance. The game does, in fact, change a lot and considering player counts still spike every time a new update is thrown in clearly players do want to play at least for new content. While only events come with time limits to "force" people to play but all our events have been filled with old/unnecessary rewards while the exclusives take hours at most to farm out of them meaning they aren't solely responsible for player spikes.

It seems more like the changes you want personally aren't being added. If that is the case then you should specify what it is exactly you want changed/added and go make that feedback. And speaking of feedback yes the devs don't take all of it (thankfully) but they very much do still take player feedback. There isn't any rework/revisit of any item or system that hasn't been made because players wanted the system changed, every nerf/buff has come out of feedback, and all post-update patch adjustments (economy/rebalancing) are also thanks to feedback.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Imzheero said:

We realize that you hold this opinion...

I've been playing for years though and if I felt that the game had gone stale I definitely would have stopped already.

(a good example of this is the game history, what the hell is it?)

How the hell is that a good example?

By supposing you meant story & not history, it's not finished yet (duh), but we already have tones of speculations on the matter. If you have trouble understanding it, ask on the forums or go look on youtube

Devs live and receive feedback and nothing changes for something really positive, the changes take many years to come and nothing ever happens (a good example of this is the game history, what the hell is it?)

Yeah I think your example is not a good one. Clearly the devs like the plat costs for rushing builds the way they are. 

But there are some other examples where you are certainly correct. Like the weird hopping your warframe sometimes does after a bullet jump. That's obviously not intended, has been around for many years, with many bug reports, but no fix. 

Not to mention things like old game modes with lots of bug reports but no fixes.

Not to mention conclave...

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Imzheero said:

It's not bad math, it's just "premium costs". The richer you are, the more money you're willing to pay to get things done.

Never checked, but I'm pretty sure we need to pay even more absurd platinum to speed up 30 or 15 seconds.

It's only meant for the richest people who doesn't want to wait 30 seconds. Normal people will never pay for that.

HOWEVER i agree that warframe doesn't fix some of its most trivial bugs. Like the waypoint bug or kicked on host migration bug. Like NekroArts said, people just have accepted that it's warframe. The same way people who play EA games have accepted that their games will be filled with microtransactions.

Sadly.

18 hours ago, trst said:

But you're objectively wrong on this entire stance. The game does, in fact, change a lot and considering player counts still spike every time a new update is thrown in clearly players do want to play at least for new content. While only events come with time limits to "force" people to play but all our events have been filled with old/unnecessary rewards while the exclusives take hours at most to farm out of them meaning they aren't solely responsible for player spikes.

It seems more like the changes you want personally aren't being added. If that is the case then you should specify what it is exactly you want changed/added and go make that feedback. And speaking of feedback yes the devs don't take all of it (thankfully) but they very much do still take player feedback. There isn't any rework/revisit of any item or system that hasn't been made because players wanted the system changed, every nerf/buff has come out of feedback, and all post-update patch adjustments (economy/rebalancing) are also thanks to feedback.

spike ? more like an instance of day of growth back into monthly -1-2% steady  decline

I think developers are using the game as a hobby  1 or 2 hours a week, such as golf and fishing

I've been playing as a hobby for a long time, like a transition game 

I felt it appropriate to do so because my expectations of a new war and story tired me out

yeah, there's nothing in the game, even operational activities again again again

Le 05/03/2021 à 07:12, (XBOX)Imzheero a dit :

What do you mean, "nothing happens"?
No story? No changes? 

Here is a summary of Updates to the game:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Updates

You say, the game is the same, for several years. 
Let`s take a look at the biggest Updates from the past few years then:
Update 22.0, October 2017: Plains of Eidolon. 
Introduced the first open world, amps, new bosses, a way to get Arcanes, Articula, gave us fishing and a new way to explore Warframe. 
Update 23.0 June 2018: The Sacrifice (Quest) 
Gave us story and exalted weapons. 
Update 23.10 October 2018: 
Arbitrations, Chimera 
Update 24.0 November 2019:
Fortuna & Orb Vallis 
A whole second open world with Companions and Secondary Kitguns and the K-Drive.
Update 25.0 May 2019:
Remastered Jupiter Tileset, Amalgam enemies, Ropalolyst boss fight, A new Gamemode: Disruption
Update 26.0 October 2019:
Kuva Liches are introduced with many tweaked weapons. The Parazon gets introduced, as are Parazon Mods and Requiems (and with that, a new way to get Riven Mods). 
Update 27.0 December 2019:
Empyrean. Railjack and all its Nodes, Intrinsics, Enemies and Mods. 
Update 28.0 June 2020:
Deadlock Protocol 
New Quest, new Minigame-mode, complete Corpus Ship Tileset Remaster. Jackal Rework. New Corpus Enemies. Primary Kitguns.
Update 29.0 August 2020: 
Heart of Deimos. Third Open World. 

Between all of this, we got several new Warframes, many weapons, new mods, Companions, several Events, primed Warframes and Weapons, new Decorations...  

Now, do some (possibly bad) things stay the same or are some of us still waiting for changes we want, that just don`t come? 
Yes, absolutely!
But is factually, objectively, completely wrong to pretend that the game stayed the same for years.
It hasn`t!
We have gotten open worlds and Railjack as completely new ways to play. We`ve got new game modes in Arbitrations and Distruption. 
We`ve got new enemies and remastered tilesets. New quests and stories. New events. New things to play with (Operator, Focus, K-Drive, Archwings in open worlds, Archwing guns in normal missions, Necramechs).
Mechanics are slow to change, but even then a few new things have been added and are tweaked and everytime some big mechanical changes or introductions are done (Damage, Shieldgating, Melee, Liches), half the Forum is up in arms, and they are usually quite impactful, so it is not wonder that such changes are slower than the rest of new things we get. 
The game changes. If it doesn`t change the way you want or you play so fast through the new content, then it might not seem that way, but looking back, you can clearly see, what has changed.  

On 2021-03-05 at 8:48 AM, Askell91 said:

For me timed crafts was acceptable becouse I still had a ton of other things to do while my crafts were done.

Timed clan key crafting will absolutely never be okay imo

Archived