Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some new augment suggestions

Graavarg

It's a but funny how the pandemic has changed our (me & friends) warframe playing behavior, but that is a topic for another post. However, for some strange reason we are doing more "long chill" missions, which in turn leads to more "small talk". Often about Warframe and it's future, but the other day we got going about augments we would like to have in the game. Anyway, for better or worse, here is the list as I remember them, in alphabetical order (the made-up augment names are on me):

Banshee
Sonic Pulse (Sonic Boom)
- increases cone to 360 degrees
- adds stagger procs to friendly guns within range for 8 seconds (explanation: increases sound of ally gunfire, making them emit "booms" of their own)

Chroma
Trailing Effigy (Effigy)
- Effigy follows Chroma around (at walking speed)

Excalibur
Focused Blade (Exalted Blade)
- holding [block] + [melee] freezes Excalibur in place and continuously pumps out energy waves towards the aim point, making Excalibur immune to knockdown/stagger/status effects and doubling the energy cost/sec (while active)
- "save your finger when playing Excalibur"-augment with some added bonus

Gara
Spectromurus (Spectrorage)
- turns the mirrors outwards, reflecting enemy ranged attacks & gunfire when hitting mirrors (% damage reflected depending on strength)

Gauss
Redline Explosion (Redline)
- Gauss' battery explodes for a wave of damage when reaching 100% (10 second cooldown)

Hildryn
Haven Splitter (Haven)
- makes Haven either link to allies only (hold to cast) or to enemies only (press to cast), but with double effect (+100% compared to normal)

Khora
Dome Constrictor (Strangledome)
- continuously constricts the radius of the dome (down to X meters), at the same time increasing dome damage per second by "% radius decrease" (affected by strength)
- more killing power with reduced grab range (over time), removes some of the problems with large radius strangledomes slowing down the game

Mirage
Static Holograms (Hall of Mirrors)
- the holograms stay in place where created with halved duration, using the weapon equipped during cast

Nova
Living Antimatter (Antimatter Drop)
- Nova turns herself into the antimatter orb, which moves at double speed, have a limited duration and can still be guided, returning to warframe form when exploding

Oberon
Hallowed Arrow (Hallowed Ground)
- doubles default angle (to 360 degrees at 100% range), halves the default radius and doubles the synergy buffs while standing on the ground
- in reference to Cheyenne Dog Soldiers, who would fix themselves to the ground with a sacred arrow to "stand and fight"

Trinity
Guarding Link (Link)
- links to allies instead of enemies, giving 100% protection to elemental procs and reducing the amount of damage they take by 50%, transferring damage to Trinity with an additional 50% reduction
- example: a linked ally takes a 100 radiation hit => a radiation proc will have no effect, the ally will take only 50 damage and 25 damage will be transferred to Trinity (all normal defenses & reductions apply normally)

Valkyr
Leash Line (Rip Line)
- forms a leash to the target stopping it from increasing distance to Valkyr and slowly dragging them towards Valkyr's current position for 25 seconds (100% duration). Can not target players, can target other allies including living defense objectives, and enemies including capture targets. Recast will loosen the leash (if linked to a target).
- the really real reason (though that is only part of it): to finally have a way to handle the d*mb-*ss %¤¤#¤#!%¤#¤! defense objective we occasionally have to protect

Zephyr
Pressure Wave (Turbulence)
- recasting Turbulence while active will gather all remaining turbulence in a pressure point (during 1 second), then exploding outwards in a wave and ragdolling nearby enemies (8 meter radius), allowing Turbulence to be recast immediately (after explosion)
- double-use: cc enemies coming in to melee your behind + allow a timer reset on Zephyr's best ability

13 hours ago, Graavarg said:

Hildryn
Haven Splitter (Haven)
- makes Haven either link to allies only (hold to cast) or to enemies only (press to cast), but with double effect (+100% compared to normal)

I totally agree with this idea. Sometimes I just want to use Haven to support my team (a glorified Shield Osprey but I still like the idea) and I don't want to waste my shields doing ridiculously low ammounts of damage to heavily armored enemies all around us.

Also I'd like to add that allies linked by Haven should have their shield recharge delay (from when they stop receiving damage) halved. It's impossible to actually help a defense objective get its shields up again with Haven if every 3 seconds it gets hit by 1 hp from some random enemy across the room.

On 2021-03-05 at 12:27 PM, Graavarg said:

Hildryn
Haven Splitter (Haven)

I have always wanted Haven to only affect allies. I would support an augment that changed the ability to only affect allies, however, I believe it would be more beneficial to increase the default range than it would be to increase the effect.

On 2021-03-05 at 12:27 PM, Graavarg said:

Trinity
Guarding Link (Link)
- links to allies instead of enemies, giving 100% protection to elemental procs and reducing the amount of damage they take by 50%, transferring damage to Trinity with an additional 50% reduction

This has been an idea that has been kicked around the forums. Personally, I would love to see this. Linked allies should also be immune to status effects.

16 hours ago, TehGrief said:

Linked allies should also be immune to status effects.

I think so too (in order to make Trin more generally relevant again), but the suggested "elemental procs" is a slightly milder version, since IPS would still get through but all the elemental status effects would be stopped/removed.

Would like to add a few if no one minds.

Wisp -> Empowered Reservoirs (Reservoir)

--> Setting up reservoirs grants bonus effects for 30s. Extra Armor for Health Reservoirs. Extra Holster/Reload Speed for Speed Reservoirs. Electricity Damage for Weapons for Shock Reservoirs.

Idea here is for Wisp to keep recasting her ability a bit instead of always sticking near it.

Garuda -> Protective Bloodletting (Bloodletting)

--> When using Bloodletting you gain a 4 second immunity to damage and status effects and a twice as long cooldown for the ability. 
Garuda is one of those frames that is kind of super squishy and I think this would offer a little bit protection. Especially interesting with Rolling Guard.

Nyx -> Bodyguard Mindcontrol

Mind controlled enemies now are vulnerable. Instead it is granted armor. Armor Stat is changed with Ability Strength. Being near a mind controlled enemy transfers all damage to it. 

Nyx is super squishy so might als well make her a little tankier.

If the ideas resonate great I might add smth else

14 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Wisp -> Empowered Reservoirs (Reservoir)

--> Setting up reservoirs grants bonus effects for 30s. Extra Armor for Health Reservoirs. Extra Holster/Reload Speed for Speed Reservoirs. Electricity Damage for Weapons for Shock Reservoirs.

Idea here is for Wisp to keep recasting her ability a bit instead of always sticking near it.

I think the motes will be fine for a long time. Better to concentrate on other abilities. For example, a sunbeam.

But I would prefer to improve it 2. Something like: wisp chain - leaves a stationary ghost while wisp is flying. The duration of the ability has been increased, but no longer grants invisibility (the passive still works). More mobility + easier access to return for a buff.

Archived