Jump to content

Outrider classes and 4 of thier 8 powers that can be swapped at any time, for all my fellow sci fi junkies and those interested


Recommended Posts

Devastator Spotlight 


Trickster Spotlight 

 

Pyromancer Spotlight 

 

Technomancer Spotlight 

Really enjoying the Devastator class trying out the Technomancer class now in the demo. Looking forward to April 1st and the reviews. Pretty awesome looking and satisfying powers so far. Great team synergies. Also being able to mod your gear and weapons will be interesting fun. And all progress will transfer over from the demo. Hopeful for a entertaining game.

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • (XBOX)YoungGunn82 changed the title to Outrider classes and 4 of thier 8 powers that can be swapped at any time, for all my fellow sci fi junkies and those interested

I just hate Outriders... cos I have no freakin clue which of the 4 classes to play on release day. >.<

They are all just so good and so damn fun and diverse from eachother.

Trickster: Teleport, Blade and Twisted with an LMG. It just destroys everything and it will just get better with skills to lower CD's and grant more or less perma buffs to anomaly and ranged damage. Pretty much just modded for extra ranged power, life leech and double clip twisted rounds along with weakness application on teleport and hopefully soon CD reduction on blade (backstab mod for tele was lackluster).

Devastator: Jump, Reflect Bullets and Golem, running around with a leg AR and a leg double gun atm, no freakin idea what to pick later on since his reflect bullets and jump skills just decimate everything on their own right now. Reflect modded so I can shoot while it is active aswell as a mod that improves the damage of it. Golem modded for duration and extra duration on kills, jump modded for healing.

Technomancer: Mines, Cryo Turret and Rockets. I didnt enjoy toxic rounds so much atm, love the burst on modded rockets with around 25 sec CD and mines to take out trash. Currently running with the Thunderbird (or whatever the AR is called) which just poops on everything with the lightning proc from the shots. Modded for extra uses and damage on mines aswell asll as CD reduction and damage on rockets, with some odd mod in there for the turret since I havent found anything else useful on that equipment slot.

Pyro: Heatwave, Feed and Overheat. Modded for extra damage, 35% damage debuff, skill leech and extra uses on wave, and Overheat is modded for extra damage versus targets not afflicted with a status. Works really well at both AoE clearing and single target with good survivability. I really love running him as a sniper atm since Overheat flushes the enemy out from cover and deals enough damage for the sniper to 1HK in any body part after that.

All classes are more or less maxed out on anomaly rating atm.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-05 at 12:54 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Really enjoying the Devastator class trying out the Technomancer class now in the demo. Looking forward to April 1st and the reviews. Pretty awesome looking and satisfying powers so far. Great team synergies. Also being able to mod your gear and weapons will be interesting fun. And all progress will transfer over from the demo. Hopeful for a entertaining game.

Unrelated question: How does one keep playing? Made a Trickster character first and got to, I think, the 4th story and the demo ended for that character. So, since I can't do that particular story mission, what else is there to do with the demo? I tried Technomancer and Devastator characters as well, but didn't progress far with either as I didn't know what else is available to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Unrelated question: How does one keep playing? Made a Trickster character first and got to, I think, the 4th story and the demo ended for that character. So, since I can't do that particular story mission, what else is there to do with the demo? I tried Technomancer and Devastator characters as well, but didn't progress far with either as I didn't know what else is available to do.

There's a couple of side quests (3-4) to do, but that's about it. It is a Demo, after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

So I take it players are redoing stuff to unlock more abilities.

Mostly for Legendaries, AFAIK you're limited only to four of the eight powers in the Demo due to the Level cap.

 

Loot does change up how some of the powers work though, so there's that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

So I take it players are redoing stuff to unlock more abilities.

And the mods from the weapons. Weapons can be broken down and the mods gather for future modding and crafting. Also crafting materials can be gathered. Everything from the demo will carry over to the full game. 

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:
  Hide contents

exdjKwc.jpg


pretty cool

Those class numbers are pretty close, I'm impressed. Time will tell if it sticks, but honestly I'm glad they were able to keep class balance in the wee hours of the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

exdjKwc.jpg


pretty cool

Yeah saw that list over on reddit, really cool numbers.

And with the patch yesterday that just improved a few small things and adressed some concerns, I'm more and more prepared to pre-order it. So far they have really good communication and when they say they're going to fix a specific thing they do it. FPS cap in cutscenes are gone on PC and we can tuggle off motionblur, and there were some stability imrovements even with the dx11 version of the demo.

So things are looking good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-13 at 3:11 AM, Loza03 said:

Those class numbers are pretty close, I'm impressed. Time will tell if it sticks, but honestly I'm glad they were able to keep class balance in the wee hours of the game.

 

On 2021-03-13 at 4:35 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah saw that list over on reddit, really cool numbers.

And with the patch yesterday that just improved a few small things and adressed some concerns, I'm more and more prepared to pre-order it. So far they have really good communication and when they say they're going to fix a specific thing they do it. FPS cap in cutscenes are gone on PC and we can tuggle off motionblur, and there were some stability imrovements even with the dx11 version of the demo.

So things are looking good.

Spoiler

jgoJ8UT.png
nsSaaiX.png

Ok, falling in love with this dev team

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-12 at 10:11 PM, Loza03 said:

Those class numbers are pretty close, I'm impressed. Time will tell if it sticks, but honestly I'm glad they were able to keep class balance in the wee hours of the game.

Don't forget about Data biases/skews. This is a demo. Not a very long one and the INTENT, is to...try it out. Meaning most of the people just played all the classes. If you watched any of the gameplay/CC content:

Trickster and Devastator held the popular vote (Both mobile and practically unkillable) followed by Technomancer (breaks the rules for quick heals, on top of having lifesteal innate instead of kill heals). Few people seemed latched to Demo Pyromancer (but maybe the other powers will skew favor).

Pyromancer didn't have any particular "role," in comparison; pair that with weapons that have other classes effects/abilities and....someone's looking highly obsolete. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Synpai said:

Pyromancer didn't have any particular "role," in comparison; pair that with weapons that have other classes effects/abilities and....someone's looking highly obsolete. 

Maybe, that said we have only seen 4 of 8 abilities that are interchangeable at will. I imagine status/armor reduction might be the Pyro role. 

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-15 at 9:27 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Maybe, that said we have only seen 4 of 8 abilities that are interchangeable at will. I imagine status/armor reduction might be the Pyro role. 

Aye, but we've seen how that goes in WF: "Why reduce armor when you can delete it off the map"
Not to mention doesn't the Technomancer have "Decay" and "Poison" ? Already seems like they have all the means of support 🤔

But indeed, time will tell; I hope that it won't be that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Synpai said:

Aye, but we've seen how that goes in WF: "Why reduce armor when you can delete it off the map"
Not to mention doesn't the Technomancer have "Decay" and "Poison" ? Already seems like they have all the means of support 🤔

But indeed, time will tell; I hope that it won't be that way.

I mean you’re right but we don’t know what world state 15‘s gonna be like. Maybe Pyro will be more beneficial in late game or the expeditions endgame.  Maybe some enemies take more damage from Fire. Exactly 2 weeks I guess we’ll find out; it’s exciting!

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-09 at 1:42 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Outriders

 

On 2021-03-16 at 9:11 PM, Synpai said:

indeed

 

On 2021-03-12 at 9:11 PM, Loza03 said:

impressed

So will be able to hunt monsters... sneak peak of a hunt 

 

Holy S

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

So will be able to hunt monsters... sneak peak of a hunt 

Nice. This is the sort of thing I was hoping for.

I won't get getting this game at launch (bought a Switch for MH Rise)...but I'll be keeping an eye on it as I did find parts of the demo enjoyable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That looks awesome!


2 more 🥰

 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Elvenbane said:

Nice. This is the sort of thing I was hoping for.

 

 

8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That looks awesome!

So also I read the monster we kill, the skulls can be placed on our trucks! 🥰

 

https://www.ign.com/videos/outriders-6-minutes-walkthrough-trailer

👀

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...