Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements Part 2

[DE]Helen

DojoQoLUpdate.png

In 2020, we announced plans for Dojo QoL Improvements based on player suggestions from the forums and discussions with avid Dojo decorators, Ajingom (PC), Major_Prime (Nintendo Switch), OGKuvaSage (Xbox One), ThreeKlaw (PS4), and Vash (PC). We're continuing work on the promised changes, with many on the way in the coming update!

Here’s looking ahead to Update 29.10! Eight Dojo QoL items are on the way:

1. Starlight Market Room & 161 New Corpus Decorations: Bring Parvos Granum’s ship aesthetic to your very own Dojo.
  2. Clan Hall Ranking Order Removed: Build the Greater Hall, Grand Hall, and Grandest Hall in any order your Clan desires.
  3. Preview Decorations: Room consoles give Architects the option to preview unfinished Decorations for 60 seconds.
  4. Red Zone Reduction: We have reduced the red zone areas in the Dojo. Build near doors - or even right through them!
  5. Changeable Backdrops in the Open Space: Research six backdrops in the Tenno Lab at the new ‘Chromatic Research Console’. Once Research is complete, you can change the Open Space backdrop from the room console!
    1. Ceres Backdrop
    2. Deimos Backdrop
    3. Earth Backdrop
    4. Saturn Backdrop
    5. Venus Backdrop
    6. Void Backdrop
  6. Orokin Lab: Removed the ‘Construct Solar Rail’ and ‘Research Solar Rail’ consoles from the Orokin Lab. This also removes the Solar Rail pop-ups! Dragon Key research remains.
    • Years ago Solar Rails were retired in Update 16, but these consoles remained in the Orokin Lab. They are now also being officially retired as requested!
  7. Clan Statistics > Research: Completed Research tracking for the Orokin Lab and Chem Lab now aligns with available recipes.
    • For example: The Ignis Wraith will now be hidden from Clan stats if the research is not complete, as per player feedback.
  8. Dojo Research UI Pass:
    • Item prerequisites now appear in the hover popup. 
      • The UI will also display if the prerequisite item has been researched yet or not. 
    • Research now shows Research Requirements in the first on hover tab instead of Crafting Requirements until research has been completed.
      • Crafting Requirements appear in the second tab on unresearched items. 
    • ‘Awaiting Funds’ state now has its own icon so you can tell at a glance the difference between something being researched and something still requiring contributions.
    • ‘In progress’ state now shows updating time in hover popup.
    • Newly researched items show as ‘New’ for 2 weeks in the hover popup.

Hoping custom courses can start to become alive again after these waves of changes are over. I'd love for them to become a legitimate side of the community with fixes that eliminate the cheeses and more decoration options that encourage creativity.

These changes look very nice, especially that decoration preview option. I hope one day we get the ability to freely arrange our dojos or at least store fully decorated rooms to move and place somewhere else. Deleting, rebuilding, and redecorating is very time consuming. 

25 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Orokin Lab: Removed the ‘Construct Solar Rail’ and ‘Research Solar Rail’ consoles from the Orokin Lab. This also removes the Solar Rail pop-ups! Dragon Key research remains.

• Years ago Solar Rails were retired in Update 16, but these consoles remained in the Orokin Lab. They are now also being officially retired as requested!

Will all clans who didn't get the Clan Affinity for not and never being able to research any Solar Rail Research get compensated for this loss of Affinity?

Will there be a rework coming for how we currently have to dismantle things in the exact order of how they've been build if we want / have to make changes to our layout?

Will there maybe a Dojoplaner ingame as the tools we have online for better planning purposes?

Can we get please a better and more flexible way of reworking  our layout of the Dojo?

29 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Changeable Backdrops in the Open Space: Research six backdrops in the Tenno Lab at the new ‘Chromatic Research Console’. Once Research is complete, you can change the Open Space backdrop from the room console!

1. Ceres Backdrop
  2. Deimos Backdrop
  3. Earth Backdrop
  4. Saturn Backdrop
  5. Venus Backdrop
  6. Void Backdrop

I'll admit that I was hoping for a few more options than these. Not that this is a bad list, but having the Veil Proxima or Granum Void skyboxes too would be awesome. 

Will we be sticking to the old resources used to build stuff, or will we be adding in the newer resources too? Like Hexenon for Corpus, Fortuna based items like gems or Cetus drops for Condroc Wings or Iradite?

What about old tilesets that never got their stuff added to the dojo? Mostly Uranus and Mars. We have some rocks that match the Uranus update aesthetic, and a couple of purchasable decorations (Spilosect, Anubias etc). Mars has Ruk's claw plant and a few rocks. Will these be recieveing an update too?

When are we gonna get a water tile?? How can I build my spa with no water??? T_T

44 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Will all clans who didn't get the Clan Affinity for not and never being able to research any Solar Rail Research get compensated for this loss of Affinity?

I doubt it, but that's a good question. It's kind of dumb that some clans have the research equivalent of Excalibur Prime just for being old. Standardizing clan XP would be healthy going forward, especially if DE decides to add more clan/alliance content.

Those are great news.

I have another small QOL suggestion though: Please, Allow us to clip decorations into eachother with no restrictions. The current situation is very inconvenient: It unintentionally creates a placement order requirement and makes simple things like placing icicles on the ceiling or some rings around a column unreasonably hard.

10 minutes ago, Teodzero said:

Those are great news.

I have another small QOL suggestion though: Please, Allow us to clip decorations into eachother with no restrictions. The current situation is very inconvenient: It unintentionally creates a placement order requirement and makes simple things like placing icicles on the ceiling or some rings around a column unreasonably hard.

Not quite true really. I have a video here for you that outlines how clipping works when using constrained movement on local translation:

Yes no collision in some cases would be convenient, but it's not as hard as you're making it out to be at the moment.

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

Orokin Lab: Removed the ‘Construct Solar Rail’ and ‘Research Solar Rail’ consoles from the Orokin Lab. This also removes the Solar Rail pop-ups! Dragon Key research remains.

... Weren't people requesting the opposite? What happens to the Clan Mastery for this research now?

Archived