Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements Part 2

[DE]Helen

Heck yeah QoL changes, these are going to make things much easier in many cases.

A request, though: User definable spawn-in volumes. Nothing quite like putting in a huge amount of work on a grand vista to greet people as they enter the dojo, only to have them pop in facing the broom closet. Single decoration, much like the trading post, that shows as a large box in deco view, with warframe orientation locked to the horizontal aspect of one of the constrained movement axes in local translation mode.

1.  Will the collision area associated with the Dry Dock be reduced/eliminated?  Specifically, the area above and below that collides with other floors.

2.  Will we be able to set a specific spawn point (note not spawn room)?  I often spawn facing a door or dead end and would like to set a spawn location (e.g. facing a specific decoration, etc.).

Alrighty, I'mma echo other people's questions about the changes to the orokin lab, and add a few of my own:
1. Obviously: what happens to that mastery? Clans who weren't able to research those solar rail things for whatever reason would like to get their hands on it, and folks who did are worried about loosing it. Some idea on which way this is going to slide would be nice. No answer / status quo is frustrating.
2. If the only thing left in here to craft is dragon keys, and those are permanent/infinite blueprints, then there's almost no point in having this room. IMO it might be best to move the keys to the tenno lab and drop this room altogether unless there's plans in the works here. So I guess the question is: are there plans for using this room for something besides dragon keys?

Second question, unrelated to the above:
What is the starlight market? I've seen some folks elsewhere suggest that it's for trading queenpins like the crimson branch is for kuva liches. If this is the case, can someone PLEASE tell me that the differences are only cosmetic and that I'll still be able to trade both in my crimson branch? I can see demolishing my crimson branch in favor of putting in a corpus-themed version, but I really don't want to build a set of halls dedicated to supporting several of these trading rooms that all do effectively the same thing. One should be enough.
Honestly, I would prefer to have place-able trading terminals instead of entire rooms but, at the very least, please don't force more room clutter on our dojo maps for something as simple & redundant as this.

If this is the way it has to go, then of course I'll deal with it, but I would like fast-travel options for these things if nothing else. QoL passes are supposed to make things more convenient, not less.

By the way: I do love the other changes, and I understand you all are doing an unthinkable amount of things in this update. My critiques/opinions/questions above are meant to be helpful, not hurtful. If you don't have time to see to the above issues before the update, I totally understand. It would be nice to hear back on them though.

Best of luck with the update 29.10 /  30 launch!

***EDIT: So I found Vash Cowaii's video on youtube talking about this update. Turns out he already talked to the devs about this, and this new room called "The Starlight Market" is just another great hall like the entrati room is, but corpus themed. My fears are abated.
I'm still a fan of having trading terminal versions of the lich trading post, and more fast-travel points, but I no longer have anything legitimate to complain about. Can't wait to see the update!

Question: is there anyway that with the newly added option to change the skybox of the open space room if this could also be an option to be used to change the skyboxes of the navigation room and the Drydock using this new system? For example for someone that want to make it seem that their dojo is in the void. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)deaddealer95 said:

Question: is there anyway that with the newly added option to change the skybox of the open space room if this could also be an option to be used to change the skyboxes of the navigation room and the Drydock using this new system? For example for someone that want to make it seem that their dojo is in the void. 

It would be nice. I hope they do.

Officially DE has not advertised that as a possiblility. In fact, the Orokin Lab has a unique skybox showing the contruction of a solar rail. While DE potentially could have changed the skybox, instead they opted to block the window. If you put a teleport pad into the ceiling of the Orokin Lab and then transport to it, you will see for yourself.

If we could have the option to change dojo-wide skyboxes, I would want to be floating in the depths of Saturn, six leagues under the gas. :wink:

I have an idea that I kept forgetting all these times but can you remove the collision on the origin point of a decoration whenever you're in decorator mode? Like make it so that a deco can clip through an object/wall/floor all the way cleanly as said origin point goes through as well.

There were plenty of times that I had where I wanted to clip in a deco in a certain way but the origin point was in the way of that and it's a bit frustrating not having not having a deco exactly the way you want it to be.

How about making the Loki statue changeable to other Warframes in the Temple of Honor? We already have different statues in some of the relays right? Can't you at least let us do the same in our dojos? I often used the Temple of Honor room as a replacement for the normal Cross connector room in some cases since it covers more length, but it's sad that only Loki is viewable there (Loki is great but can't we give the other frames some love?). 

All these changes are good and welcome. In a feedback post I was talking about something that could be awesome to have in dojos:

Basically, some sort of permission to give a certain player the decorator role in a single room that would become their personal quarters in dojo. It would make the dojo some place where people would want to hang out more as every member of a clan coud have their own room.

Can we also have like a jukebox deco that can play music in our dojos as well please? Sometimes the default ambient music gets a bit eerie for me especially when I'm walking around my dojo alone.

It would lighten up the mood a bit and I know that already exists but to a certain married couples' dojo. Isn't it about time you give that to all of us?

On 2021-03-05 at 4:22 PM, Duality52 said:

Will all clans who didn't get the Clan Affinity for not and never being able to research any Solar Rail Research get compensated for this loss of Affinity?

On 2021-03-05 at 4:33 PM, kulow said:

What is this so called Starlight Market Room ?

Why still no use for the Crimson Branch other than Lich trade ?

Very nice change to be able to reconstruct the dojo in any order!

On 2021-03-05 at 5:24 PM, PublikDomain said:

... Weren't people requesting the opposite? What happens to the Clan Mastery for this research now?

Affinity loss from solar rails or ignis wraith for older clans wouldnt matter because Clan rank is maxed at 10 and with newer clans this is still obtainable. 

As far as a crimson branch, you can use for regular trades just like any other trading post. And even then, you dont need a trading post to trade. 

Thanx for the update! 

1st - Damn !! No Spawn Points in first wave of changes ??  Thats the most important thing I am waiting on.  (2nd would be ability to build around door!!)

I moved my trade post up to my observatory months ago and have had to wave at people to do trades for months now....   im just gonna move it back until we get spawn points lmao....   Was trying to save some time by being prepared...FAIL....    

2nd - Backdrops...   thanx for giving us new backgrounds.   This is an area I would love to see alot of expansion and future stuff....   

For starters Please give our Orbiter access to these same backgrounds.... i'd love to see the Kuva Fort or Void all the time from my orbiter.  Its nice its based on the last mission you ran but Lore wise my Tenno would like to Lurk in certain areas of space.   (if orbiter interior ever gets expanded or gets some love imagine a huge wall of glass looking out into beautiful space backdrops with 3d planet/asteroids and maybe movement......)

Secondly we need all the planet backdrops.   It would have been cool if these were collectables you had to find in ground missions like Soma Chords/ Ceph Frags/ WF Fighter frags. (or in space if applicable, railjack..).   

Third alot of these Railjack back drops are KILLER.  And im just talking about the grineer ones...  Corpus ones look like you took things to a whole other level artistically.   I cant rattle off alot of node names for cool backgrounds.....  but like Void Prox - Flexa.    We should be able to unlock those for Dojo/Orbiter also!!!   That would be so sick to have those views while sitting in orbiter lol.  

--------------------------------

Skybox + backdrops... Im a solo Dojo and my creativity is very crap.....but those two things make me imagine a very looooooong tunnel with skyboxes to each side of the tunnel, each leading to a different backdrop....  Letting Tenno feel like a god peeking in on different locations...   

Archived