Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements Part 2

[DE]Helen

I know I'll probably be mirroring a lot of people's comments with this, but I thought I should throw in my two cents anyway. Firstly, thank you for adding a "preview decorations" button, it makes life a lot easier when trying to decorate lots of things at once, and seeing how things interact. A second thank you for reducing the unbuildable zones around the doors - it makes designing entrances much easier.

However, there are a few things I would really like to see be added. A "Fund All Decorations" button would be a big help, as particularly when a lot of decorations are stacked on top of each other, it's almost impossible to actually get close enough to individual ones in order to fund them. I also have to ask about whether we will get a Grineer inspired large hall, as we now have with the other main factions of the game. It would also be really nice to get faction themed rooms of the same shape and size of the small gardens. An aquarium room to display our catches in would also be really nice, or at least a placeable aquarium we could fill up with fish. The last thing I would like to see is a way to duplicate unique orbiter decorations for use in the Dojo. I have no issue with donating things like the Granum Crown decorations, as I'm able to get more of them, but things like the Tenet tablets and the Steel path Globes are unobtainable once you've received them. Being able to create dojo only versions of them would be a very welcome addition, as they're really good looking decorations.

So what happened to NPCs, kuva & cetus decorations and spawn point instead of room , is that still in works, or was it scratched?
The new corpus decorations feel kinda like something's missing

• There are window frames, but what about glass?
  • There's this vallis like door, but only top part?1.png
  • There are no stairs for new catwalk

Also things that would be good to see:

• Decorations
    • Decorations "skins"
      • Corpus computers/hologramic screens are yellow in "underbelly" section of new ship, this would be nice to have
      • new "ship catwalks" are blue/dark gray would be nice to have light gray and light gray/dark gray versionsunknown.png
    • There are "floor" decorations for new corpus, but it lacks this rubberish floor which mostly covers ship.unknown.png
    • "Account interface sled" is empty, would be nice to have version with worker inside
    • Grineer lack ton of decorations
    • Corpus ship/gas city pipes would be nice addition
    • Conteners of new corpus ship, big ones and small ones
    • Would be nice to have still models of moas and other corpus rrobotics
    • More "atmosferic" an "natural" decorations would be nice
    • Would be nice to see some new tenno decorations
    • Lockers, the ones we can open during missions, would be nice see them as a decorations
  • Rooms:
    • Open space hall - open space with 6 doors
    • Open Space garden - garden size open space
    • Multifloor hall - hall with multiple 2/3 floor an door on each floorm, possibly open space version of this
  • Pure QoL:
    • Found all decorations in room button
    • Placeable room console (possibly with grineer/corpus/orokin wariants), fully functional room consol to place anywhere in the room. It would be both usefull and nice to have 
    • Placeable codex console - would be nice if it could have options to be invisible so we could place it inside some other consol/computer decorations
    • Placeable workshop, same as above
    • Right now it's really hard to smash new corpus catwalk into floor to have it at some resonable level compared to doors, even when going under floor this new catwalks behave like there were a redzone under room.
    • More "on planet" skyboxes woul be nice, possible even make a skybox separate room we could decorate (only one "personalized" skybox per dojo)
    • Select multiple decorations
    • "Mirror decoration(s)" option would be lovely
    • Delete inspiration hall limit, we need more than 3 of them per dojo.

Sorry for my bad english(it's not my primary language), and thanks to anyone who read all of this

En 5/3/2021 a las 17:55, [DE]Helen dijo:

DojoQoLUpdate.png

In 2020, we announced plans for Dojo QoL Improvements based on player suggestions from the forums and discussions with avid Dojo decorators, Ajingom (PC), Major_Prime (Nintendo Switch), OGKuvaSage (Xbox One), ThreeKlaw (PS4), and Vash (PC). We're continuing work on the promised changes, with many on the way in the coming update!

Here’s looking ahead to Update 29.10! Eight Dojo QoL items are on the way:

1. Starlight Market Room & 161 New Corpus Decorations: Bring Parvos Granum’s ship aesthetic to your very own Dojo.
  2. Clan Hall Ranking Order Removed: Build the Greater Hall, Grand Hall, and Grandest Hall in any order your Clan desires.
  3. Preview Decorations: Room consoles give Architects the option to preview unfinished Decorations for 60 seconds.
  4. Red Zone Reduction: We have reduced the red zone areas in the Dojo. Build near doors - or even right through them!
  5. Changeable Backdrops in the Open Space: Research six backdrops in the Tenno Lab at the new ‘Chromatic Research Console’. Once Research is complete, you can change the Open Space backdrop from the room console!
    1. Ceres Backdrop
    2. Deimos Backdrop
    3. Earth Backdrop
    4. Saturn Backdrop
    5. Venus Backdrop
    6. Void Backdrop
  6. Orokin Lab: Removed the ‘Construct Solar Rail’ and ‘Research Solar Rail’ consoles from the Orokin Lab. This also removes the Solar Rail pop-ups! Dragon Key research remains.
    • Years ago Solar Rails were retired in Update 16, but these consoles remained in the Orokin Lab. They are now also being officially retired as requested!
  7. Clan Statistics > Research: Completed Research tracking for the Orokin Lab and Chem Lab now aligns with available recipes.
    • For example: The Ignis Wraith will now be hidden from Clan stats if the research is not complete, as per player feedback.
  8. Dojo Research UI Pass:
    • Item prerequisites now appear in the hover popup. 
      • The UI will also display if the prerequisite item has been researched yet or not. 
    • Research now shows Research Requirements in the first on hover tab instead of Crafting Requirements until research has been completed.
      • Crafting Requirements appear in the second tab on unresearched items. 
    • ‘Awaiting Funds’ state now has its own icon so you can tell at a glance the difference between something being researched and something still requiring contributions.
    • ‘In progress’ state now shows updating time in hover popup.
    • Newly researched items show as ‘New’ for 2 weeks in the hover popup.

Helen, we like the changes a lot!
The only thing I think is not a big change and we need so much is setting the exact spawn of the players in a room instead the random appereance (like in certain doors), this would help with the railjack spawn bug and people not getting stuck in doors or some deco.

Please notice this, we need it.

here are some feedback-tips

1) there still are some annoying redzones, fo example, if you build a corridor before the orokin lab, there is a weird red zone that doesn't allow you to build near the door or in the oracle room in those empty place under the ground on the right and the left(plus the central point near the infested/corpus/grineer olograms.

2) the new preview command is very useful, too bad we can't decorate while the preview is on, that would help a lot.

3) i think this is the every dojo architects dream, remove the hitboxes!......i swear, it's always so frustrating not being able to place or move the stuff where i want beacuse something is hitting the hitbox of the anchor point and the system doesn't allow me to move certain parts in some(or even all) directions.
 Just completely remove hitboxes OR  at least give us a  on/off button that temporarily disables them and makes us able to put/place whatever piece in whatever place/position we want.

... Just throwing it out there, but how about letting us use our Color Palettes for Dojo coloring? We can do that already with our Orbiter AND our Railjack...

Spoiler

AND our UI, now, for that matter haha

... Its not that getting pigments is difficult or time consuming, no... Its just that the available colors are so limited, they're actually only surpassed by pet colors... so~, I don't know, Major Dojo QoL to be had there...

On 2021-03-29 at 7:52 PM, TheKurtiStryke said:

here are some feedback-tips

1) there still are some annoying redzones, fo example, if you build a corridor before the orokin lab, there is a weird red zone that doesn't allow you to build near the door or in the oracle room in those empty place under the ground on the right and the left(plus the central point near the infested/corpus/grineer olograms.

2) the new preview command is very useful, too bad we can't decorate while the preview is on, that would help a lot.

3) i think this is the every dojo architects dream, remove the hitboxes!......i swear, it's always so frustrating not being able to place or move the stuff where i want beacuse something is hitting the hitbox of the anchor point and the system doesn't allow me to move certain parts in some(or even all) directions.
 Just completely remove hitboxes OR  at least give us a  on/off button that temporarily disables them and makes us able to put/place whatever piece in whatever place/position we want.

This is good, this is real good💙💙💙

• 1 month later...

is there a hotfix for lightning issues on the way? it realy destroy alot of stuff i wanna build if i see how the lightning work ... i just clipped something i found in the open space room... there shouldnt be a lightning like that cuz your in the open space but around the point you enter that you got this lightning too , i started to rebuild an building out of an entratie hall in the open space room and got there this lightning problems too so alot of work for near the same result ..
It would be lovely if you can look over it before the tennocon dojo showcase is here 🙃

if its not a bug it would be smart to get the option to deactivate lightboxes in rooms cuz the only way to fix that looks like to start new builds at the other wall so i maybe dont enter that lightbox ....

@[DE]Helen

https://streamable.com/2q3xug

Can we just get room themes already? It seems like such an obvious solution to people who are just as annoyed by the Tenno aesthetic as I am. You wouldn't even have to change that much in terms of room structure, just aesthetics.  A single, large faction-themed room every now & then simply isn't enough to satisfy those who would prefer an Orokin, Grineer or Corpus-styled dojo. Either go all out, or don't bother...Or you could just make rooms from the ground up, but simplicity is an option for the sake of a smaller work-load.

Please, just do something interesting with dojos for a change. You've been sleeping on their potential for far too long. My gratitude for any grand undertaking would be beyond eternal.

10 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Or you could just make rooms from the ground up,

What do You mean? 

Also i think much easier solution would be to just let open space have mutliple doors, that way we could build our own "rooms"... if not lack of some decorations like doors and floor parts

37 minutes ago, CorpusWaifu said:

What do You mean? 

Also i think much easier solution would be to just let open space have mutliple doors, that way we could build our own "rooms"... if not lack of some decorations like doors and floor parts

Essentially remaking every single buildable room, including Reactors, Clan Halls, Elevators & Dry Docks, from the ground up with the intention of providing alternatives to the base Tenno design. Though as I've said before, room themes would suffice as to cut down on such a large request.

Hey i had a few ideas i wanted to share for dojo qol improvements

Favorite Items List

Im pretty sure that there is a lot of dojo decorators out there who have a lot of common items they use for certain rooms

This feature essentially allow you to save those decorations to a favorites list, so that you dont have to scroll through 1,000 items to find the decoration you need again and again, or keep typing them all in the search bar. Its a bit similar to how you can favorite colors in you warframe arsenal so that you dont have to sort through color palletes all the time

Ghost Placement Option

What i mean by that is having the ability to move decorations through objects and other decorations.

You'd be able to select this option the same way that you are able to switch between "Surface Snapping" and "Free Placement" in the decorations menu. 

This idea is useful for hiding parts of a decoration that you dont want to be seen, to basically get what feels like a new item. For example, currently there is no thin layer of snow that you can use to make a floor in your dojo, however if you take the "Ice Glacier Wedge" Decoration and place it to where the extremely lumpy part of the decoration is hidden, it works well for creating what feels like a snowy floor, without taking up additional space in your dojo room

Instant Teleportation Decorations

It works pretty close to the way the current "Transporter" Decoration works except its faster. Basically, imagine that the moment you ran over a Transporter, it instantly teleported you to a certain room. 

Thats how this idea would work, except with a little more style. For example, imagine being able to place a door somewhere in your room, and when you get close enough to it, you enter a quick cutscene (acting as a sort of loading screen) where your Warframe runs through the door into a hallway, and then into any room that you wanted the door to take you to, even though a hallway was not actually there linking you to it. Its as if the door magically created a hallway that linked you to another room far away. 

This is massively useful for decoraters that like the look of having usable doors connect players to rooms in their dojo, but dont like the current placement of a door in a room theyre in. Prehaps there arent enough doors, they are in a spot that doesnt show off your build in the way that you want, or you think it doesnt match the way your build looks enough. Now you have another option

This idea doesnt just have to just be a magic door either, it can be a:

- Magic hole thats too dark to look through. Jump in it to fall to another location

- A mysterious looking portal that sucks you in and spits you out somewhere else

- A waterfall that just has too much water for you to see through it, but once you go through you end up in a new location of the dojo 

Possibilities are endless

I feel like they could be fun and really help bring some extra life to builds

Room Sound Tracks

Basically this would allow players to have certain sounds or even music play for certain rooms. Some examples:

- Birds chirpping

- Cold wind whistling

- Occasional scary whispering and loud noises

- Fancy classical music

This can take builds and rooms to a whole nother level, making builds not just look but feel more immersive and real!

• 2 weeks later...

An update I would love to see is a way to either toggle shadows on/off for decorations or ideally a shadow intensity slider.

For example, I made a steampunk room using Fortuna machinery and piping for the walls and ceiling.  It looked amazing before I funded all of the decorations.  However, after they finished building, the entire room was black and you could barely see anything and had to scrap the entire room.  It was very disappointing.  I ran into the same problem when building a multi story house. On the same token, there are some decorations that don't cast a shadow or a very minimal one where darkening the room would add a great aesthetic.  For example I made a cave under the floor that I would love to darken but is as bright as the rest room.  A shadow intensity slider would solve for these concerns as well as decorations like lights that generate soft ambient lighting versus the small harsh light cone decoration.

I know it was mentioned by others, but there's still a good amount of redzones - particularly when trying add flooring underneath the panels in drydock.  Also, about a third of the circular platform leading to the RJ opposite the panels still does not allow decorations to be placed. 

Also, if we can't fix the children room destruction issues, can we at least have an option to swap the room for another room?  Since all of the new halls are the same size, maybe we could utilize something like the open space backdrop to swap between entrati/infested/corpus halls?

Can't wait for the newest round of updates!

• 4 weeks later...

Few things I think would be awesome to have for Clan Dojo. 

·Fast Travel PointsTrade Post, we can do it with vault, can we do to the trade posts. Fast travel to nearest one. I hate running around in other people dojos looking to see if they're on same floor or if there's a post.

·Multiple Decoration SelectionFund All, Select All, Select Multiple, Delete All. Would work well with the new preview decorations feature. Would like to redo a room without having to delete every single decoration once max capacity is reached. 

·Room ConfigurationAllow Room Rotation. For the most part I'm pretty good with rotating in the wanted direction before building but there are times I just don't causing me to destroy and reload if not yet funded. Sometimes starring into a blue room to make sure it's rotated correctly doesn't cut it--Temple of Honor.  For those who may be new to decorating and room offers, they may not be aware of its aesthetics. Once placed and built would be nice to allow rotations of the empty room to avoid the 2 hr destroy and 24 hr rebuild. 

·Basic Orbitor AdditionsMarket, Foundry, Relic Enhancement, Codex, Somachord and FishTanks. 

·More uses for Clan Vault PlatinumBuy In-game Decorations for Dojo. I'm not a person who usually rushes items nor rooms. When donating to vault you can see that you can purchase decorations via personal plat but would love to see the option to purchase via clan plat. Would be great if restricted to clan owners only unless there was an additional hierarchy privilege specifically for platinum usage. 

·Selectable Music for RoomsSomachord for seperate rooms. After finding so many and now unlocked, would love to use in rooms to add a new experience. Think it would be interesting to hear some of those spooky songs in those rooms that are filled with infested decor etc. I don't play with music but would definitely turn on if I visited a dojo just to get the full experience. 

·More Decorations:

Nature - We just need more in general. More Tree Species please. Why so many maples? Can we get some pines, oaks, willows etc. Something that can resemble sand or at least a smooth flat area with sand color textured looking rock to use outside actual garden with sand. I have used so many waterfalls and asteroids I think its time to switch it up. Overall please less decorations requiring gallium and oxium, both these are rare and only drop from very little sources. 

Atmospherics - More creatures/critters? ie ladybugs, birds, etc. Can we have actual rain not rain drop splashes or water drips. Not actually noticeable and too small of an area. Did awesome with the snow and fog, those type of area ranges. Hail please? 

Tenno - Fish Tanks or the ability to add actual fish thats animated to created fish tanks. More animal bronze statues and statues for different factions. We have grineer, where's the corpus and infested? Not trophys from events that require resources not in game. If a tenno  participated in an event in a previous clan that was rewarded clan trophy, can it be personally given to player so they may add it to their own personal clan once they create. For example, I was a warloard and decorator for old clan and primary score holder for past event and recieved mail for trophy then after event ended I created my own clan. Once created missed out having my own necramech statue for my newly created clan after just placing all statues for that clan. In the future, would be awesome if you could get a personal statue for those who actually did event to place in orbitor too which could be created or donated to clan if player chooses to. We have plague star trophys blueprint available for dojo but no others. 

Grineer - More is needed in general it's the shortest list for factions. Would love to see what else is possible from the grineer. 

Glass or Glass-like - need more options and windows. When corpus ship window frames was added I was excited then disapponted once I noticed there was no actual glass or new solid glared flat options to place nicely inside openings. Would love to have a simple clear glass piece simply flat without the trim or walls or blue display in addition. Some glass of different shapes would be nice, at least a square and circle. Other screens and displays that arent just blue. Can we customize the screens? Or allow to be customized via polychrome. 

Wood Structures - Currently only 4 wooden textured items that are not trees. Can we get more? ie Wooden catwalks, walls, etc. So much metal; marble was a great recent addition with the entrati deco.

hello

if possible increase the number of obejects we can place in the Dry Dock, its prbly limited for a smooth loading for everyone.

still would like to see amazingly designed docks , from complete caves to real scifi halls :) "flying into the mounth of an cyclop" or what ever :D

lg thank you for the work.

@[DE]HelenWhen are you guys ever going to address the bug you guys created when introducing transporters that could be edited after building? On the first day that was introduced i along with i imagine many others tried that out and instead it sent the transporter off the dojo map, i did this to a second transporter to see if i was just imagining it. Now i have two transporters i cannot remove from my dojo as they are outside the bounds of the dojo map. I can use them but there is no way out other than using fast travel to escape, the option to enter decorate mode is disabled so i cannot delete these two, because of this damn issue i can't organize my transporters in the numeric version that i want to and have to push these two defective transporters as far down the list as possible. I would like this addressed to at least either remove these bugged transporters or be able to relocate them inside the dojo so that i and many others can finally delete them. If this can't be achieved why not introduce a function that allows architects in clan's to be able to have an option to delete a transporter off the transporter list instead to have to go to each and every one you want to delete, it would make things far more efficient.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Helen,

Would you be able to clarify if we can remove the starting clan hall of we build a grand hall off of it?

I swore I read or heard it mentioned a while back that we would be able to delete it once we've built the grand hall but I've been searching and been unable to find this information.  I'm currently in the middle of a remodel and will need to adjust accordingly if I am mistaken.

Thanks for your time!

4 hours ago, (PSN)larsonsier said:

Hi Helen,

Would you be able to clarify if we can remove the starting clan hall of we build a grand hall off of it?

I swore I read or heard it mentioned a while back that we would be able to delete it once we've built the grand hall but I've been searching and been unable to find this information.  I'm currently in the middle of a remodel and will need to adjust accordingly if I am mistaken.

Thanks for your time!

Starting hall is removeable, U just have to set spawn room somwhere else

28 minutes ago, (PSN)larsonsier said:

Glad to know.  I got concerned when I tried to remove it and it gave me prereq error.   Can you confirm if the grand hall must be built directly off it first for it to be removed?  That was my assumption anyway after the error earlier. 

honestly i just builded inspirston hall, so it seems u only have to set spawnpoint somewhere alse and don't have starting hall connectet to more than one room i think

(sorry for my spelling, english is not my primaly language + i'm really sleepy rn)

Archived