Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical shield/Glaive shield | New melee type concept |

Enderman20

A while ago, I read a post where one said it would be cool if there was a type of melee weapon that would basically be a shield. In this post I will try to express in words how this type of melee might look and work, in my opinion, and how it could be beneficial if it existed.

Tactical shield/glaive shield

Type : melee

Description : Ancient series of melee weapons, with the appearance of a shield, usually circular, or of a regular shape. These weapons were used by tenno with the help of one hand, for melee attacks, but also from close range. Such shields were often used in combos with a one-handed secondary weapon, allowing for ranged attacks while parrying bullets. The shields were light enough, but thick and virtually indestructible, and in most cases, had sharp edges, or had blades hidden inside that would show when the shield was thrown.

This type of melee would be similar to the glaive, that is, it can be used to accompany a secondary to one hand, and can be thrown, but unlike the glaive, the tactical shields allow you to parry bullets while you are aiming with a secondary. The shields would boast combos consisting of charging attacks, and spinning attacks, and the heavy attack would allow you to launch the shield, which spinning at high speed, would extract the hidden blades, to severely tear the enemies. Unlike glaives, when a shield is thrown, it will roll back on the first bounce. The heavy attack will throw the shield that will pass through the enemies, and will come back from its own tenno.

These shields boast a wide parry angle, and some models are capable of reflecting projectiles, and protecting tenno from knocking down when held. Most shields are placed on the back, and are able to passively reduce damage to the back when not in use.

In terms of statistics, the shields would not boast a high range, but the parry angle would always be equal to or greater than 75 °. Charging attacks would primarily do impact damage, or puncture (if the model has surface thorns), while attacks involving the sharp edge of the shield would do slash damage, or puncture (if the shield has a serrated edge). Heavy attacks would have a 100% chance of applying slash, and in flight, the shield would inflict damage to each enemy in a radius equivalent to 75% of the weapon's range (so the diameter would be 150% of the range, i.e. if the shield has an attack range of 3.40 meters, the radius from the center of the shield, in which it would inflict damage, would be equal to 2.55 meters, and the diameter would be 5.1 meters).

The advantage of these weapons over others would be the fact that you could use a powerful secondary to damage enemies while parrying frontal hits, and when stored, the shield would reduce damage taken from behind by 50%.

Thanks for reading. Tell me what you think in the comments.

Have a nice day/afternoon/evening/night :D

Archived