Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think War should have a special gimmick

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

It is kind of a story-artifact, like Paracesis and Vitrica. I think it should have a special effect to make it a little bit more interesting, just like they do.

I was thinking about something like that: all elemental damage caused by the weapon is converted instantly to the strongest damage type vs each enemy. Like Revenant's 4th skill.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)GodMasterTP said:

It is kind of a story-artifact, like Paracesis and Vitrica. I think it should have a special effect to make it a little bit more interesting, just like they do.

I was thinking about something like that: all elemental damage caused by the weapon is converted instantly to the strongest damage type vs each enemy. Like Revenant's 4th skill.

Why would it have this ability?

Is there something about War, as a weapon, that would imply it has adaptive damage? I don't think it does...

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Why would it have this ability?

Is there something about War, as a weapon, that would imply it has adaptive damage? I don't think it does...

...? 

Man, wtf, did you play the story? Anyways

War is a sentient weapon, given to S.Stalker by Hunhow himself. Giving it some kind of Sentient characteristic (adaptation) makes sense.

Few devstream ago, they showed that Broken War being on of the top overall used melee weapon in 2020 from statistics. Broken War wasn't the "best" weapon, but it was the most used in combine all MR because how easy accessible it was. Basically you just get it from story.

Now if War, another easy to get weapon, which is already a decent heavy sword with longest range, also get a gimmick. I feel people just stick to it instead of trying out other weapons. Just my opinion that story weapons that players automatically acquire shouldn't be too powerful.

2 hours ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Now if War, another easy to get weapon, which is already a decent heavy sword with longest range, also get a gimmick. I feel people just stick to it instead of trying out other weapons. Just my opinion that story weapons that players automatically acquire shouldn't be too powerful.

Gimmick doesn't have to be powerful. Something that has some niche or is just fun might be good gimmick. Twin Basolk's Rift strike isn't powerful.

9 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

Every time you heavy attack, Stalker sends you a passive aggressive email.

Hmmm... I've better idea. Stalker appears but it's immortal but... it doesn't attack you or any of your teammates.

1 minute ago, (PSN)LoisGordils said:

It's a Sentient greatsword

Adaptive damage is a defensive mechanic that the Sentient faction has.

I suggest War deals Tau elemental damage  and that Tau should have a status effect. Forget that part, it would complicate eidolon hunts.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Adaptive damage is a defensive mechanic that the Sentient faction has.

I suggest War deals Tau elemental damage  and that Tau should have a status effect. Forget that part, it would complicate eidolon hunts.

Revenant deals adaptive damage using Sentient powers, though. It has never been explicitly stated that adaptive damage can't happen...

Tau damage sounds cool too

30 minutes ago, (PSN)LoisGordils said:

It has never been explicitly stated that adaptive damage can't happen...

That's true. I guess that I was just basing my opinion on the laser-disco-ball attack (that Battalyst, Shadow Stalker, and Eidolon have) are all Tau damage. My knee-jerk reaction was "nothing should copy Revenant's Dance of Death ability", but that wouldn't be so bad if it did. Revenant has a good kit, but most players just spam his 4.

And since sentient faction's theme is "assimilate, adapt, exterminate" it would stand to reason that they would employ an adaptive attack beam.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)GodMasterTP said:

...? 

Man, wtf, did you play the story? Anyways

War is a sentient weapon, given to S.Stalker by Hunhow himself. Giving it some kind of Sentient characteristic (adaptation) makes sense.

Sentient weapons do not have adaptive damage, dude... Sentients have adaptive damage resistances....

Your idea (reverse adaptation?) is not consistent with sentient lore outside of Revenant's danse macabre, to my knowledge, but danse macabre is effectively modified to output its special adaptive damage. I don't really see why War would have this tech but may not fully understand it.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Sentient weapons do not have adaptive damage, dude... Sentients have adaptive damage resistances....

Your idea (reverse adaptation?) is not consistent with sentient lore outside of Revenant's danse macabre, to my knowledge, but danse macabre is effectively modified to output its special adaptive damage. I don't really see why War would have this tech but may not fully understand it.

But isn't it that far fetched? From last Orphix event (spoilers; I don't remember old ones):

Spoiler

Sentients gather data and adapt to their enemies (they disabled frames but they are working on mechs)

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

But isn't it that far fetched? From last Orphix event (spoilers; I don't remember old ones):

Hide contents

Sentients gather data and adapt to their enemies (they disabled frames but they are working on mechs)

I suppose that does make sense. I guess I never really thought about it like that before.

Am 7.3.2021 um 01:07 schrieb (XBOX)GodMasterTP:

the weapon in general is very strange. for such a rarity, it has to be something special and do top damage.
i have been playing since 2013 and only got bp last week ... apart from swear words, nothing came to my mind.

and what happened to the weapon now? oh yes ... maxed for mastery points and forgotten.

On 2021-03-07 at 6:31 PM, Godmode_Ash said:

another easy to get weapon

Are you confusing War and Broken War? To make War you need a 2.765% drop from Stalker and give up your potato'd Broken War from TSD. If you don't want to give up your only Broken War you need to get another 2.765% drop from Stalker (Broken War BP) and two drops from a Conculyst/Aerolyst that each have a 0.5% drop rate.

I think there is a good case to be made that crafting a War from scratch is the single most grindy/difficult thing in game. You can take a shortuct by using your free Broken War but still...

Buying the Hunhow's Gift pack is considerably easier than the above two gameplay methods of getting War, but I don't think premium purchases should count when judging a weapon's ease of acquisition.

Archived