Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with Nova's Antimatter Drop

Surbusken

Question

So I played Nova casually a few times, mainly to speed up defense maps, which is still what I plan on using her for.

Up until now I replaced her Antimatter Drop ability through helminth but then I got to thinking, since I am not using the teleport, maybe I should replace that instead and try to get something out of Antimatter Drop.

Thing is I am not sure if I am just not getting it or missed something, because I play kind of fast and spam a lot, move a lot. Where from the description of the ability, I have to stand around and shoot a bubble to have it build up damage stacks.

But if I am going to shoot why not use the same time to just shoot the npcs - who are usually killed instantly anyway, it seems an unncessary layer of delay, a detour to the fight?

Especially if you are moving around in the fight doing melee, how do I work in having to aim the bubbles?

Is there a way I can use the bubbles more passively or what is the idea of them, I feel like I just don't get it.

9 answers to this question

So as I'm sure you know the bubble can have it's damage multiplied by firing at it to charge it up so to speak. The most effective method is to use a multishot or beam weapon, both will charge it fast. I personally empty a pyrana prime clip into it, shotguns work really well, snipers etc anything high damage single shot or pellet based. The actual base damage of it is affected by power strength but it isn't worth worrying about that as the important part is that each orb can absorb up to 25,000 dmg that you hit it with and at that point it will hit for 700% of it's damage which can be increased yet again if you're hitting enemies that have been primed with her 4th ability. So TLDR - use a weapon that can hit it for 25K dmg, then steer it where you like using your mouse and unleash it on primed enemies. Oh and also to increase the "chain reaction" range, it is effected by your actual Range stat. The drawback of using this is that your Neutron Star 1st ability will lose stars more easily due to them having a longer attack range but in speedva defenses this shouldn't matter much. Personally in a defense I'd just aim it at the pod and then go back to shooting, using it as extra splash damage.

vor 1 Minute schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

The drawback of using this is that your Neutron Star 1st ability will lose stars more easily due to them having a longer attack range but in speedva defenses this shouldn't matter much.

Since you are already priming enemies with her 4, the augment for that will do a good job of keeping up your null star count since you are constantly killing enemies anyway, if you find room in your build.

Just now, Drachnyn said:

Since you are already priming enemies with her 4, the augment for that will do a good job of keeping up your null star count since you are constantly killing enemies anyway, if you find room in your build.

Yeh absolutely it's as you said whether it fits lol. I think if you're using a PD Speedva build you just don't really need it. On say my interception build however, 100%. I'm a weird obsessive Nova player with 3 Nova Primes cos I had too many builds to fit on just the one lol.

• Antimatter Drop receives octuple the Damage that you shoot into it. and will AoE that without falloff to a 15 Meter zone
    • it caps out at 25,000 input Damage
  • if you have Punch-Through, you can hit Enemies and charge Antimatter Drop with the same bullets!
    • (you can also technically hit it with Melee and non Gun things)
  • you don't have to stand still, it's a great feeling Skill to learn to Parkour around while navigating Antimatter Drop to your target nuke location. it follows your exact Aimed point at all times, taking a direct path towards it. you can guide it anywhere you like.
  • Antimatter Drop does not scale with Mods. at all.

now, is it kinda unnecessary outside of Endurance Missions because we just don't need the Damage basically ever? this is very true. it's mechanically fun to use though, IMO.

23 hours ago, Surbusken said:

But if I am going to shoot why not use the same time to just shoot the npcs - who are usually killed instantly anyway, it seems an unncessary layer of delay, a detour to the fight?

Especially if you are moving around in the fight doing melee, how do I work in having to aim the bubbles?

Is there a way I can use the bubbles more passively or what is the idea of them, I feel like I just don't get it.

Most people use it by charging it to the cap, in one-two high powered shots, or with a fast beam, then detonating it on the floor.

That way you can do a damage nuke to every thing in range.

The other use is as a moving shield, but that kind of depends on the speed and the augment.

I skipped Nova for age, but actually enjoyed her a lot, while re-farming Nidus.

Archived