General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Corpus ship tileset combat music gets out of rhythm with itself.

NeoRetro10K

It appears that the game layers tracks dynamically, except some tracks start late, causing them to play out of time with the rest. This seems to occur most often in the new Corpus ship tileset that launched with Deadlock Protocol, but if it is not unique to that location, then it is worth looking for bugs with the dynamic music system itself.

EDIT: I have just gotten some logs and uploaded them to Dropbox. They can be obtained here.

Edited by NeoRetro10K
Logs provided

• 3 weeks later...

Still in effect as of 29.10.5 on PC. I will add that is is most commonly a desync between drums and melody. It may have to do with frame drops when loading is done mid-mission. Perhaps the game waits for loading to be done to play a new dynamic track while the others continue?

Do you mind submitting a log to support the next time this happens? That way we can see exactly what is going on with the game when you experience this. When submitting your ticket please tell support to give your log to our programmer whose name is Cem.

Thanks for your help!

42 minutes ago, [DE]George said:

Do you mind submitting a log

How do we generate a Log file? Or if it is automatically generated, where (aproximately) do we find it?

I noticed this because sometimes the combat music track starts out of nowhere, with no combat to proc it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2021-03-25 at 10:03 AM, LillyRaccune said:

How do we generate a Log file? Or if it is automatically generated, where (aproximately) do we find it?

I noticed this because sometimes the combat music track starts out of nowhere, with no combat to proc it.

I, too, would like to know how to obtain the appropriate log, especially since I am still experiencing this bug after 30.3.0: Gara Prime despite the note about fixing it.

• Like 1

You must do this before you close and relaunch the game (in the same session you experienced the bug): click the get logs button in the launcher settings top right. This will make a folder and put the logs in it. Then you can submit a bug report with logs.

Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [DE]George said:

You must do this before you close and relaunch the game (in the same session you experienced the bug): click the get logs button in the launcher settings top right. This will make a folder and put the logs in it. Then you can submit a bug report with logs.

Thanks!

Hey George, this issue never happens in Starchart game modes. This only happens in Railjack missions. Worth investigating there.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Hey George, this issue never happens in Starchart game modes. This only happens in Railjack missions. Worth investigating there.

In my experience, it can still happen in any mission with the new Corpus Ship tileset, though it does seem more common in Railjack.

10 hours ago, [DE]George said:

Thanks!

Thank you! I shall do that now.

EDIT: I have just gotten some logs and uploaded them to Dropbox. They can be obtained here.

Edited by NeoRetro10K
Logs provided
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...