Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes spawn issue (most noticeable in Survival/Disruption) [Fixed]

_cunningStunts

See, I figure if I'm gonna bore myself to death by farming relics I may as well do it in Steel Path. Right? Two birds one stone. You get relics and steel essence. I like doing disruption.

Now, I've noticed, I'll MAYBE get one spawn and then 5-10 minutes later the next one goes to spawn (lights flashing black, etc) but just.. never shows up. I've noticed this every time I do a disruption. Am I missing something or is it borked? Because they SOMETIMES spawn on Survival without any issues.

I tried this a while back too, same birds & stones idea. As far as I can tell, after the first acolyte they just don't spawn properly in Disruption (same flashing lights but nobody shows up). Borked indeed.

3 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

I tried this a while back too, same birds & stones idea. As far as I can tell, after the first acolyte they just don't spawn properly in Disruption (same flashing lights but nobody shows up). Borked indeed.

Alright, cool, Not just me then. Been considering making a bug report because I hate farming survivals and prefer to farm disruptions (usually alone, I have no friends lmao) 'cause it's a bit of a bummer that Acolytes are like, allergic to Disruption or something

I suspect they use same spawn mechanic like acolyte before steel path, when you see the flicker stuff you must step in on the room/tile they usually on.

Basically you must find them to spawn them like the old way, when it flickers you need to move from room to room to trigger it.

So if its flashing but they didnt spawn you just didnt step into the right room yet.

Just now, --DSP--Jetstream said:

I suspect they use same spawn mechanic like acolyte before steel path, when you see the flicker stuff you must step in on the room/tile they usually on.

Basically you must find them to spawn them like the old way, when it flickers you need to move from room to room to trigger it.

So if its flashing but they didnt spawn you just didnt step into the right room yet.

I don't think so, cause I go all over the place in Disruption. Since that's kinda how disruption goes. And I'll just have 0 acolytes showing up for 15 minutes. It's kinda lame.

When Acolytes spawn there is a little pop up in the UI if there is another pop up at the same time I think they bug out and stop spawning.

Ophelia had similar problem because when sentients spawn Lotus pops up in the UI to let you know. If that happened as a Acolyte spawned you were screwed. 

Taveuni also had a similar problem with the kuva extractors and Acolyte spawns. 

I assume that Little Duck is talking at the same time an Acolyte spawns and that's what is causing the bug and making them stop spawning. Who knows though, I'm just guessing here. 

hey everyone, 

just posting this here because it seems that a lot of people are experiencing an issue with acolyte spawn in disruption missions. 

the mission starts off and theres always one acolyte spawn but after that they just stop spawning.

I think the issue has to do with the constant transmission messages that play or spawning of special enemies (not 100% sure though will have to check ee logs for confirmation). I managed to trigger this bug on my first acolyte in steel path disruption twice and in kuva survival. Both of which contains these properties that other mission types do not have.

And yes it sucks that it seems like there is no official word on this issue.

Still seeing this same bug with SP Kuva survival acolytes stop spawning after 20ish min sometimes, or just don't spawn at all. Same thing happens in any Steel Path disruption, as early as the first 5 minutes. Acolytes will sometimes spawn and sometimes won't. I have a feeling it has to do with conflicting issues with putting keys in/killing the demo unit as the acolyte is trying to spawn. No idea why it happens but this is getting frustrating having to reset the mission every 10 minutes because the acolytes don't spawn properly

• 2 weeks later...

There are no Acolytes after 15+ minutes of play. They can come if you specifically wait for them every round, but then each round will last for 10 minutes and this is not a normal waiting time.

And although Disruption is an endless mode, it still doesn't have a 4x opponent modifier (as if playing in a full squad in normal mode).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was doing one of the daily steel path missions solo, one of the sabotage ones on the new corpus ship, I went to go grab the coolant out of the system, I get the flash/sound that means an acolyte is about to spawn, but then I get a bunch of lotus dialogue saying that the coolant cell was extracted, and that I need to go sabotage the reactor, but when she finished talking, no acolyte spawn at all, no dialogue from them, no repeated flashing like stalker was spawning in, nothing, it's like it never happened.

Hi Tenno! We will have a fix for Acolytes not consistently spawning in the next Update.

Contrary to popular belief this had nothing to do with transmissions but rather how the function that spawns the Acolytes was run and interacted with cleanup scripts in certain game modes like Survival or Disruption.

22 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hi Tenno! We will have a fix for Acolytes not consistently spawning in the next Update.

Contrary to popular belief this had nothing to do with transmissions but rather how the function that spawns the Acolytes was run and interacted with cleanup scripts in certain game modes like Survival or Disruption.

THANK YOU!!

23 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

thank you, this is great news. been waiting for this a long time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-07-02 at 7:07 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Still not spawning in some missions (regular SP types), including incursions, And it's not happening faster like the patch notes said.

I've waited for an Acolyte to spawn a number of times in Steel Path Incursions post-update but they didn't. Most recently in an Assassination mission at Naamah. 13 minutes and counting. No Acolyte.

I also haven't noticed a faster spawn rate.

EDIT: Capture. Extermination. Waited for 10 minutes. No Acolyte spawns.

7 hours ago, Ms_Salami said:

Still not spawning in some missions (regular SP types), including incursions, And it's not happening faster like the patch notes said.

5 hours ago, Elemosin said:

I've waited for an Acolyte to spawn a number of times in Steel Path Incursions post-update but they didn't. Most recently in an Assassination mission at Naamah. 13 minutes and counting. No Acolyte.

I also haven't noticed a faster spawn rate.

EDIT: Capture. Extermination. Waited for 10 minutes. No Acolyte spawns.

Are you actively killing enemies? The increased spawn chance definitely worked in a 2h survival I recently did.

28 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Are you actively killing enemies? The increased spawn chance definitely worked in a 2h survival I recently did.

Survival is fixed yes (at least infested which I ran), problem is other modes.

EDIT: And frankly an acolyte per mission reward rotation (every 5 waves, every 5mins survival, every interception, every disruption round, every non-endless mission, etc) was kind of expected before too, so not really faster, just fixed for survival to work as expected xD

Interception kinda works too, sometimes we can get 2 acolytes in an incursion... but it's still slower than survival.

Defense took that long and acolyte barely spawned as we finished it.

5116uBH.png

Defense in general isn't a place where you can actively kill stuff with the limited enemies per wave thing going on...

Capture, exterminate and rescue are also taking forever for acolyte to spawn, even if we do kill every single enemy.

Also did raptor assassination and we waited 8 minutes for it to spawn, nothing... we did massacre like 80% of the corpus on our way too.

How much do we even need to kill? We need some feedback ingame on this.

Archived