Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do any arcane helms exist on the switch version?

(NSW)ToppestShrek

Question

Looking for an arcane vanguard rhino helm to buy but the only way they could possibly be in the switch version is if someone did an account transfer with one in their inventory. I don't even know if DE let you keep arcane helms when you did an account transfers because they are discontinued items. If any even exist on the switch they are very very rare items. Do you guys know if any exist on the switch version?

11 answers to this question

the switch version was released after it was discontinued. im not sure if it would remove it from the account if you did a transfer, but its currently unobtainable in game. even on PC, where it was obtainable for a long time, they are very rare legacy items. if some do exist on switch, it is unlikely that a person plans on selling it.

There should be no Arcane Helmets on the Switch version since they could not be migrated and the Switch version got released after the opportunity to get the Arcane Helmets got removed.

Zitat

PC Exclusive items that will not migrate with you to your Nintendo Switch

The Migration window is CLOSED

All PC Exclusive items and gear will remain exclusive to the PC and will NOT migrate to the Nintendo Switch.

Arcane Scorpion Helmet
[...]
Arcane Thrak Helmet Blueprint
Arcane Vanguard Helmet
Arcane Vanguard Helmet Blueprint

Arcane Hemlock Helmet
[...]
Arcane Pulse Helmet Blueprint
Excalibur Prime
Excalibur Prime Glyph Bright
Excalibur Prime Glyph Dark
[...]

- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019825292-PC-Exclusive-items-that-will-not-migrate-with-you-to-your-Nintendo-Switch

PS:

Spoiler

There might be one. (I don't know if this happend to the Switch version, too:)
Ashs Arcane Scorpion Helmet was in the "Intermission III" shop a few weeks ago. But that was an unintended bug.
unknown.png

If you were able to purchase the Arcane Scorpion Helmet when it was available in the Nightwave store, then yes. Other than that glitch a few weeks ago, no DE has said they have no plans to intentionally release any arcane helmets.

I personally chose not to buy the Arcane Scorpion Helmet because to equip it I would need to unequip one of my useful real arcanes.

16 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

If you were able to purchase the Arcane Scorpion Helmet when it was available in the Nightwave store, then yes. Other than that glitch a few weeks ago, no DE has said they have no plans to intentionally release any arcane helmets.

I personally chose not to buy the Arcane Scorpion Helmet because to equip it I would need to unequip one of my useful real arcanes.

The ones in the nightwave store are not true arcanes but the no stats version just visual

I bought the Ash Arcane helmet for novelty... but I have to admit, it's really really bad. Perusing the wiki, the Arcane Helmets are just not very good in general. Maybe during their day they were better (owing to no other existing options in those days), but they're just really bad now. And they lock a valuable Arcane Slot. It's not worth it...

They're so bad in effect, I think DE should consider not locking an arcane slot for using the helmet. You sacrifice fashion for getting a mediocre effect (at best).

In short, even if they exist on Switch, they're really bad... they're only collectible curiosities. You will never use them unless DE removes the locked Arcane slot.

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

I bought the Ash Arcane helmet for novelty... but I have to admit, it's really really bad. Perusing the wiki, the Arcane Helmets are just not very good in general. Maybe during their day they were better (owing to no other existing options in those days), but they're just really bad now. And they lock a valuable Arcane Slot. It's not worth it...

They're so bad in effect, I think DE should consider not locking an arcane slot for using the helmet. You sacrifice fashion for getting a mediocre effect (at best).

In short, even if they exist on Switch, they're really bad... they're only collectible curiosities. You will never use them unless DE removes the locked Arcane slot.

A few are somewhat worthwhile, although not really in place, like you said, of an arcane. 

My solution to solve this whole thing forever: leave the existing helmets as is for collectors. 

Make entirely new arcanes based on the affects of the old arcane helmets (I would suggest making them more worthwhile by not making them frame specific, obv) because despite as poor as they are, no item that affects stats should be locked out from the playerbase. Adjust the numbers as necessary (some of the cruddier ones could be the base rank effect and it could get stronger from there). 

Call them corrupted arcanes because they drop one stat in favor of another.

Then you acquire them by doing "nightmare mode" orokin derelict missions with the usual keys, or something like that. 

Problem-o, solved-o. 

5 hours ago, Kryshok said:

The ones in the nightwave store are not true arcanes but the no stats version just visual

To clarify, there has only been one and it was real, but it being there was a screw up.

Still, I'm happy I was able to buy it and kind of wish they hadn't recently stopped you rebuying things you own.

It's a sensible decision, but now I've only been bitten by it.

Archived