Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy artificial intelligence

MikeyColeman281

I was just playing a few rounds of the index for a nightwave challenge, and I noticed something peculiar.  I was having fun fighting the enemies in the index.  I felt as if though the enemy could actually stand a chance, if they were a little stronger.  Then I went to play in a steel path mission....and not so much.  Then it occurred to me that in the index, the enemies try to anticipate your aim and dodge your shots.  This should most definitely be somehow put into normal starchart missions!  I was having a blast fighting these particular enemies!  There is a very distinct difference in the way the enemies in the index fight, and it was slightly challenging.  This wasnt because they were bullet sponges, like in steel path, where the enemies run straight toward you then walk and shoot until you hit them enough times for them to die.  NO these enemies were dodging, and moving and working together as a unit to try and outsmart me.  I LIKE THIS.  This is what can make warframe fun again!?  PLEASE. for the sake of the survival of the game, Do something with the artificial intelligence of normal starmap and steel path enemies.  Make them move differently, and dodge attacks, or work as a team to try and outsmart me.  Have them do some rolling moves or jump around me, something besides walking forward in a crowd to overwhelm me with bullets until i spam E enough for them to die.  I love this game, and i really want to see it become what it has the potential to be.  I know that everyone is probably doing their best given the circumstances, but along with weapons not being very viable in steel path missions, also, in fact probably moreso, it is an issue with the enemies themselves.  We dont need enemies that simply need 10 magazines worth of bullets  or a melee with blood rush and weeping wounds to die.  We need enemies who can out maneuver us, and give us a moving target.  THAT, my friends is where the focus should be.  NOT melee speed.  Definitely not melee speed.  We can see the movements of our characters just fine.  There isnt a problem with melee speed.  It is melee speed that gives us the advantage over slow moving, bullet sponge enemies who provide no threat to us unless we are standing still in front of them letting them shoot us or not taking cover.  You already have the program for enemies.  Apply it to other enemy units.  Make it more like the index enemies.  I think a majority of players would agree.  Hopefully this has been taken as encouraging if not constructive criticism.   I really look forward to the next update!

5 minutes ago, mc551 said:

I was just playing a few rounds of the index for a nightwave challenge, and I noticed something peculiar.  I was having fun fighting the enemies in the index.  I felt as if though the enemy could actually stand a chance, if they were a little stronger.  Then I went to play in a steel path mission....and not so much.  Then it occurred to me that in the index, the enemies try to anticipate your aim and dodge your shots.  This should most definitely be somehow put into normal starchart missions!  I was having a blast fighting these particular enemies!  There is a very distinct difference in the way the enemies in the index fight, and it was slightly challenging.  This wasnt because they were bullet sponges, like in steel path, where the enemies run straight toward you then walk and shoot until you hit them enough times for them to die.  NO these enemies were dodging, and moving and working together as a unit to try and outsmart me.  I LIKE THIS.  This is what can make warframe fun again!?  PLEASE. for the sake of the survival of the game, Do something with the artificial intelligence of normal starmap and steel path enemies.  Make them move differently, and dodge attacks, or work as a team to try and outsmart me.  Have them do some rolling moves or jump around me, something besides walking forward in a crowd to overwhelm me with bullets until i spam E enough for them to die.  I love this game, and i really want to see it become what it has the potential to be.  I know that everyone is probably doing their best given the circumstances, but along with weapons not being very viable in steel path missions, also, in fact probably moreso, it is an issue with the enemies themselves.  We dont need enemies that simply need 10 magazines worth of bullets  or a melee with blood rush and weeping wounds to die.  We need enemies who can out maneuver us, and give us a moving target.  THAT, my friends is where the focus should be.  NOT melee speed.  Definitely not melee speed.  We can see the movements of our characters just fine.  There isnt a problem with melee speed.  It is melee speed that gives us the advantage over slow moving, bullet sponge enemies who provide no threat to us unless we are standing still in front of them letting them shoot us or not taking cover.  You already have the program for enemies.  Apply it to other enemy units.  Make it more like the index enemies.  I think a majority of players would agree.  Hopefully this has been taken as encouraging if not constructive criticism.   I really look forward to the next update!

Index enemies feel different because they have same AI structure as an Osprey.

Ospreys are the only enemies to dodge player's aim, and use skills on line of sight, while ignoring the use of cover. This makes them act "aggressive". Normal starchart enemies do not use skills as they run on cooldowns, uses cover so they are not as aggressive.

On top of that, they are a variety of them, with each enemy having 2 to 3 unique skills, which gives them a good amount of complexity. Not so much on normal starcharts.

This should be in feedback section, by the way. Not General Discussion.

15 minutes ago, mc551 said:

This is what can make warframe fun again!?  

You have an interesting idea, but i play a lot of index and i don't feel any major difference. So even if you're correct, i doubt it could make america great again. Probably it might make warframe slightly less boring(?)

Also, what does any of these have to do with melee speed. At this point i feel that "melee speed" is some kind of clickbait title that every youtuber have to put in their title for people to watch their videos.

Can't we just stick to the old warframe doom and gloom? Boo hoo warframe is a bad game, DE don't know how to make videogames, warframe is losing playerbase.

In the end, nice suggestion. 7.5/10. Just not a huge fan of the backing arguments.

I put melee speed in because it is something we have to have against higher level enemies if we are to use melee weapons as a primary means of killing them instead of guns.    Higher level enemies being the bullet sponges in steel path.  The way the enemy behaves causes tenno to fight a certain way.  I guess what im trying to say is, that if the enemies behaved differently, perhaps we would not be so inclined to simply use melee weapons to achieve an overall goal.  That being, eliminating the enemy in the most effective manner available.  In the devstream, melee speed was something that was mentioned as a counter balance to buffing some of the guns in the game, when really, making a change such as the complexity of the enemies' artificial intelligence in the own personal opinion wouldn't cause so much "boo hoo" ing and would generally make the game more fun than it already is.  

Archived