Jump to content

alcolyte frost magnetize need to change.


Recommended Posts

it's not that i have a big issue with it, but, it's a magnetize, and in game modes where you defend something, it hits the defense objective, that should be changed to only counting player and frost alcolyte ranged weapons, and ignore non player allies.

or, changed to a diffrent ability that would still ignore objectives, can be changed into pull as example, or idk, ice wave or frost ult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Malice acolyte has Frost's body but uses Magnetize.

Yes, Magnetize explosion highly damage defence objective. If you can withstand a bit, move away from the objective then roll to drop the bubble so it wont explode in your face.

Edited by RobWasHere
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

in game modes where you defend something, it hits the defense objective

Malice can cast his Magnetise on Defence objectives?! I agree, that shouldn't be allowed.

On the players, yup, fine. On MD Consoles and stuff? No! 😲

EDIT: if it's cast on the player and defence objectives are just taking collateral damage, then that's fine too.

I thought OP meant he was putting the bubble on the objectives, but maybe not?

Edited by OmegaVoid
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What usually happens is that a player gets magnetized, then that players kills him/herself (possibly with the help of other players), then everyone experience a "wtf just happened"-moment and then the bubble explodes, and everyone close enough gets another "wtf just happened"-experience. Anything near the bubble takes quite a lot of damage (including def objectives & players). Unless you know what your are doing, Malice is one of the more dangerous acolytes since he turns the tables on you, forcing you to eat the damage from your god-rivened firearms, using Magnetize. The danger of some of the others mostly depends on what kind of mob there is, any horde of lvl 200+ SP enemies will take you down if you have to focus on the acolyte for too long. 

I think it is completely legit, even if you have to learn the hard way which acolytes/acolyte abilities are lethal (to what). But of course it really hurts if you get a mission fail in the process.

But one and one they are not too hard to handle. On the other hand, imagine a fight where all the six SP-acolytes would jump in together as a pack... or even "one per player"...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Graavarg said:

forcing you to eat the damage from your god-rivened firearms, using Magnetize.

Oh good, more reasons to only use melee. Game definitely needed more of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

Malice can cast his Magnetise on Defence objectives?! I agree, that shouldn't be allowed.

On the players, yup, fine. On MD Consoles and stuff? No! 😲

EDIT: if it's cast on the player and defence objectives are just taking collateral damage, then that's fine too.

I thought OP meant he was putting the bubble on the objectives, but maybe not?

No, the acolytes don't care about the defense objectives. All they see in their sights is soon to be dead Tenno.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No, the acolytes don't care about the defense objectives. All they see in their sights is soon to be dead Tenno.

Eh in that case it's not an issue.

Being next to a defence objective when Malice comes to play is about as sensible as taking cover behind an explosive barrel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Malice acolyte has Frost's body but uses Magnetize.

Yes, Magnetize explosion highly damage defence objective. If you can withstand a bit, move away from the objective then roll to drop the bubble so it wont explode in your face.

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't follow the original post for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...