Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today is the day: Prediction thread about the incoming Dev Workshop

vanaukas

So in the last devstream was announced a new dev workshop for (hopefully) today to deep dive into the upcoming changes for melee, guns and railjack.

So, what do you think is going to happen (besides pitcforks, torches and "the game is dying gg" threads)?

I'm honestly clueless this time about it, but maybe you have something to say before it arrives. Share with us your prediction, lets see who of you was closer to the truth.

I think there's a good chance we'll see heavy stance changes.  Speculation on that speculation is that they will probably remove any forced impact procs from stances that have forced slash procs, reserving the impact procs for stances for weapon types that can't bleed the enemy out easily.  There's a smaller chance in my mind they might remove several forced slash procs from many stances. 

I think there's a moderate chance Lift status will get removed from anything but the heaviest attacks from heavy weapons, not that there are too many of those to remove.

I think there's a moderate chance that Berserker will take a nerf.  If it does, I think there's a good chance it will be too hard of a nerf.

Moderate chance that they'll either cap attack speed on melee or make it so that you cannot stack attack speed mods, or change the calc so that you get diminishing returns.

If they mess with attack speed there's a small chance they'll nerf Arcane Strike.  It might be indirectly nerfed if they change the calc for how AS gets modified.

I believe there is a 100% chance that a certain type of player will 100% refuse to understand that a nerf to AS is a direct nerf to DPS because everyone in this community seems to forget about the S in DPS.

The chances of them nerfing things like CO, BR, WW feels fairly small to me.  

The chances of them nerfing way too hard on melee feel fairly small as well.  I'm assuming many of the nerfs will be mostly to QOL, ease of use, etc, and will be fairly annoying, but I don't think they'll screw up power too much.  Just make it inconvenient.  I'm not excited about it, and based on comments you left in another thread I have a feeling there's a small chance you're making this thread in bad faith, for a chance to wallow in the salt.  There's the salt you're getting from me about melee.  Not excited about it.

On the gun end of things, I think there's a moderate to good chance they're going to underbuff everything.

I think there's a 100% chance that the biggest changes will not be to buffing the base guns or current mods, but will be newly added mods which we'll of course have to grind for.

I think there's a very good chance that the drop rates will start off miserable until the forums become a dumpster fire of complaints and they buff the drop rates.

I think the locations they pick for the new mod drops will be whatever content they want to highlight and many of them will probably be a miserable farm in something like an Isovault, regardless of drop chance.

I think it's a coin flip on if the biggest changes are going to eventually lead to a completely busted "guns only" meta with idiotic damage numbers.  DE doesn't test well and they don't understand the modding and gameplay side well enough to pick out the same builds players can.  Argue that with me all you want, it's the reason we're in this mess.

I think there's a moderate chance they won't address a single one of the issues plaguing guns aside from damage.  We probably won't get too many changes to things like reload speed, fire rate on slower or weirder weapons (like burst fire not actually firing too much faster in between bursts if you mod for firerate.) or innate punch through on the single target weapons no one uses because shooting one guy out of 20 does diddly compared to blasting a rocket into a pack and getting half of them or more.

I think there's a good but not great chance they won't do any real direct buffs to the outliers on the bottom of the barrel for guns, and crappy guns will stay crappy guns regardless of how many forma you have on them.  They moved the bottom end of melee up to not be crappy with good modding.  I don't think they're going to put in the work to do that with guns.  We're going to get Condition Overload 2: Electric Boogaloo gun edition and it's going to drop from something stupid with a stupid low chance and make them a bunch of money in plat sales until the cacophony of complaints gets loud enough that they fix the drop chance.

I think there's a good but not great chance they'll try and fix guns with a bunch of set mods that will either get straight up ignored because they're not worth it or flat out ruin build diversity even further than it already has been because they'll require multiple mods in sync to get access to the buffed power we're supposed to get.

I think the overall chance of them screwing up the gun buffs in one direction or the other is fairly high, but not guaranteed.

Almost certain/semi-confirmed:

Expanded details on Command Intrinsics, intrinsic reworks, and other tweaks to the Railjack systems.

Likely dedicated sections for each.

References to attack speed changes.

Hopes:

Rework to Blood Rush/Weeping Wound (possibly Condition Overload).

General stat squish - hopefully including enemies?

Railjack content having a lot more variety that isn't just Scarlet Spear's 'Taxijack'.

Fears:

Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds to gun (with no equivalent enemy stats)

I hope they don't directly nerf Berserker. During the DevStream the team said something about making attack speed into a "family of mods" to prevent putting more than one on a weapon at any time (sounds like a dysfunctional family).

Many of the threads have been discussing possible changes to melee, but what if DE isn't going to touch melee. What if they plan to change the modding system? Could be refreshing, could be a glitch-tastick disaster.

Looking forward to Railjack 3.0, Command Intrinsic, and recruiting new NPCs. Although NPCs weren't announced, I'm still hoping.

Just now, LillyRaccune said:

I hope they don't directly nerf Berserker. During the DevStream the team said something about making attack speed into a "family of mods" to prevent putting more than one on a weapon at any time (sounds like a dysfunctional family).

Unpopular opinion here but I think they should use that "family of mods" concept on more things.

Give more value to what mod of certain types you use rather than focusing on stacking one stat.

Like choosing between a strong single element mod+strong status chance or a single 60/60 to save on space/cost, but that's just me.

I'm expecting it to be goofy AF, with the bulk of changes looking big but having no real effect and a few changes seeming innocuous but that will actually rocket player power even higher. Like for example adding Necramechs into normal missions without first nerfing Arquebex. I mean what could possibly go wrong if they give every single player instant access to the DPS equivalent of a half dozen fully ramped up Khora's all whipping in unison?

Oh, no doubt whatever DE posts it'll be met with "you nerfed x, so y is dead to me. The game is doomed for the 427th time and DE will sorely wish they kept me as a customer. K bye now gg, gotta play fortnite tenno losers cuzz it's so much better than poopframe".

I'm just happy about expanding RJ, both in more variety in missions and rewards, as well as the thingy that allows us to use our own builds in other people's squads. A bit concerned about the whole gun/melee changes, since it's yet another major buff that can't be taken back because of the  "only buffs allowed, nerfs are forbidden" policy from our community. Even though I'm all for being powerful.

I expect that they show all changes relative for RJ including harness, relay, mods etc.

Plus melee mods like Berserker, Fury and Quickening for exemple can't stack anymore from what they said and maybe some system for primaries and secondaries. Who knows maybe some type of channeling or built in combo relative to headshots. 

We just have to bring popcorn now 😀

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I want to get a heads up before its posted. 10 minutes before.

So I can make the french fries first.

According to Megan and the "Gallop Gang" the 18 page document will be posted "today, hopefully". :crylaugh: That's as close to 10 minute warning I can offer.

Zephyr rework comes with Railjack 3.0. All of that and more is getting crammed into Update 30 for Consoles (in a month maybe).

• 3 ability changes, none for Turbulence.
  • Airborn hover movement, no longer stuck in one spot.
  • Divebomb damage buffed to 4500 dmg.
  • Tornadoes changes, more pull strength, more pull range.

Vaulted Warframe relics put into Railjack missions. Plans (but none announced) for Warframe 8 Year Aniversary are in the works.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

high level of confidence with regards to DE sticking to an announced schedule

"Schedule"? Ehh, the update gets here when it gets here. But paperwork and essays? YES! I'm certain they will post lots and lots of text walls :crylaugh::heart:

2 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

"Schedule"? Ehh, the update gets here when it gets here. But paperwork and essays? YES! I'm certain they will post lots and lots of text walls :crylaugh::heart:

We'll see, but I don't think we'll see the devshop until Wednesday. In fact, I'm not even expecting the update to hit this month, so even Wednesday is generous.

Megan enjoyed killing Shadow Stalker WAAY too much. :crylaugh:

She dropped a hint that Baro will be bringing new stuff.

Fixing "having to log in twice to receive twitch drops".

The Railjack 3.0 Tutorial video duration is about 20 minutes. Dirac is getting scrapped (YAY!), avionics converted to mods (also yay!). "Cross-pollinate" game modes. Changing instrinsic ranks, all intrinsic points will be refunded.

The plan is Corpus Railjack will be released on PC in about two weeks.

That's all the notes I could glean from her stream.

2 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Megan enjoyed killing Shadow Stalker WAAY too much. :crylaugh:

She dropped a hint that Baro will be bringing new stuff.

Fixing "having to log in twice to receive twitch drops".

The Railjack 3.0 Tutorial video duration is about 20 minutes. Dirac is getting scrapped (YAY!), avionics converted to mods (also yay!). "Cross-pollinate" game modes. Changing instrinsic ranks, all intrinsic points will be refunded.

The plan is Corpus Railjack will be released on PC in about two weeks.

That's all the notes I could glean from her stream.

Ooohhhh! 

*goes back to scratching cat's belly*

Archived