Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulas Emissive Damage?

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

Question

I have been farming ambulas so I can finally get one of the few nodes holding me back from steel path and I was using a Banshee. She's pretty squishy but clears the levels rlly quick. Anyways, I knew the ambulas would kick her butt so I was being careful hiding behind cover but my shields kept going down until I was completely dead. I wasn't being shot at but the Ambula was a good 10 meters near, do they have emissive damage or was I just gettin shot from some blind spot.

8 answers to this question

The Ambulas's Plasma Cannons have three firing modes: standard, mortar, and laser.

• Standard

Plasma bolts that comes out slow initially, then accelerates quickly. Used often when the Ambulas has line-of-sight of the player but not too far or close.

• Mortar

Fires in the air a plasma bolt that will detonate and create on the ground an electric field web. Tends to use it against enemies out of line-of-sight and/or in cover. This is likely the attack that hit you.

• Laser

Performs a vertical or horizontal sweep of an Electric laser beam. Uses it up close, never far. One version has the Ambulas build up overshields while overcharging the laser to perform a 360 degrees attack.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Bring Rubico Prime modded for radiation, will make short work of Ambulas.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Acceltra go brrrrr

my love affair is Sporothrix lately, myself. i can have very strong Crits, AoE, Status, and very high Base Damage all at once. very nice performance, for my Loadout.

in either case, shooting it in the Face makes quick work of it.

Archived