Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, PlanckZero said:

Back then you didn't even have to build the crap tier sigma or low tier wreckage, for a long time you were better off just getting out of the ship and using your archwing to wreck stuff.  Most of my early railjack experience until I maxed my own ship out consisted of the pilot parking on the edge of the map or inside an asteroid and telling everyone to get out.

The people I play with never did bother to have a an builded archgun either let alone amesha to not die.

i'm worried about a lot of things but also don't agree with others.
first the plexo thing that u put your mod or everything related will need forma. the other way to put avionics was good not prefect but the fact that was a different thing from endo was/is a awesome thing because new player might have a endo problem and now this prevent the medium player run in this problem, i m not sure but dirac for me was a LOT more easy to farm instead of endo.

and that is one point

the energy/flux energy has a member of the railjack u have to balance the use of your resources like revolite and flux and this is a squad thing that i like a lot because if one fail to do something the entire squad might soffer and that in some way not always encorage "role play" and squad play has ia said ot always.

but with this mechanic u need warframe energy to use ability so let s say u are in big fight u spend a lot of energy u are a new player so zero energy pad no zenurik no arcane energize, u go out to do other stuff and let s say u want to play ivara because why not at that u realise that u do not have energy.

the mechanic that now applies to the railjack let u play in the space and have resourses to play inside buildings.

the fact that u can t shot while sprinting mmmm it's idk ok but not.

the hazard chances it's a good idea but the fact that everyone has a personal part of revolite i personaly don t like it, now if i play and there are a lot of "hazard" on the ship i can help with the avionics of the engineer and also using the omni, so the only thing i can say about this is make a wider pool of revolite but make the hazard spred and when they accourd let there be more hazard or simply leave it like this.

sorry for my english =) but when i saw the workshop i ws and i', worried about but other then that much love and i hope this will go well

7 minutes ago, GrimKonstantin said:

Malfunctions and Hazards. A good start, but needs more. You need to make every role important, not just pilot and gunner. Add hazards that need a set intrinsic level to fix and NPC engineers skill counts as 2 intrinsics per rank (so a 5 dot NPC engineer can fix a R10 hazard). Instead of getting rid of them, have hull breaches skew the ship as vented atmosphere acts as an unwanted vector thrust nozzle. Have fire spread (I nave nightmares about fire on a spaceship and I'm not even an astronaut) as well as the listed changes. Make hazards hazardous, not just inconveniences. Make repairs on them minigames like existing ones. For example, with electircal shorts have the repair be similar to a corpus hack as you reroute the damaged circuits, not just spraying it with Wonderfoam™. Easy and simple do not need to be synonomous, nor do complex and fast need be opposites. Add a little complexity, don't just take it all away for the sake "streamlining".

This. I'm honestly concerned that the mighty "fire hazard" will be just a small patch of the ground on fire, that makes your guns heat unnoticeably faster... I also don't get the removal of hull breaches, I mean, why limit of all things the amount of gameplay-altering effects? 

If the ship's on fire, make it fully on fire, with constant heat procs on the player, waning life support, and whole sections almost inaccessible for the aoe damage. 

If the ship's electrical systems are offline, add a ship wide blackout, full shield malfunction, tactical malfunction (it's very good that they added that), boost not working. 

The ice hazard seems the coolest one (pun intended) so far, preventing access of critical structures seems like a great way to introduce urgency. I'd add on top a constant cold proc for the players. Your idea for hull breaches is great, and I absolutely agree that each hazard should have its own different repair process. 

I don't like the fact that Pilot's might not be able to fire while boosting, this would make solo play more difficult if the AI can't pick up the slack or if I'm forced in a position where I have to pilot when allies are unavailable to do it.  

Also Pilots really require using the whole intrinsic tree (specially when solo) while no one else requires anything from pilot.
Gotta put out a fire solo cause Solo or command ally died? Engineer 10
Damage while boosting? Gunnery 9 or 10 if you want some sort of lock-on assist
You need to go to an objective (original orphix) but you are piloting the ship alone while everyone went ahead? Tactical 10

So the not being able to fire while boosting nerf kinda hits hard when Pilots are a multi-disciplinary build that require more investment since it's not really wanted by anyone else.

P.S. please center the map from tactical, not much point now since the hanger is being moved, but still

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

Does this also include clan BP stuff? Is there any place we can see how much (wreckage) we've completed? Does it count fused wreckage?

As always DE's idea of compensation is laughable. Not even an "early adopters" sigil or statue for my orbiter - something that would actually matter in a game where Fashionframe is endgame? Once again dissapointed. No wonder everyone is leaving the game for Outriders. Call me when you're actually serious about compensating players who beta-tested Railjack for you!

I looked at several spots and they don't really have a stat for rebuilt wreckage.  I considered what I had done and I feel I was somewhere in the average of players, so I shouldn't expect tier 3 at all, and probably won't hit tier 2.

Truly, I researched all the parts in the dojo, and I used a couple of them until I found it much easier to ride along with people on their railjacks to get something useful that I should build rather than taking pathetic baby steps to even progress passed a single mission.  Most likely, I have rebuilt between eight and twelve wreckage into parts.  If I am right about the process and what early adopter means, only the people that rushed it in the first week and actually did the whole build every part thing will have gotten anywhere near 30 rebuilt parts.  Everyone else will likely only be around 15 parts built.

Of course that is assuming that the actual qualifier is taking a wreckage and putting the resources into it to make a working part that can be equipped.  If it is some other qualification, then probably everyone will have gotten credit and the only people left out are the ones that are going to rush building their ralijack this week.

Not everyone should get the tier 3 rewards, but it certainly doesn't seem like you are going to be giving out very many of them because it really does sound like it isn't "early adopters" but only the few people that actually built everything and wasted billions of resources.

I have to say I hate that the interior is smaller. Makes me really wish skins were a thing as I want a big cruiser or battle ship instead of what feels like a skiff.

but if I may ask what happened to overseer? That was literally the BEST power!!! And it would have been great to use on regular missions as well!!!

not sure I’m up for a nine shared energy pool either it makes me honestly want to play solo as it would have been handy to ask someone to make something while piloting. 

I uh... have my railjack very maxed, but also skipped the middle tiers of gear, think I might get screwed on the wreckage thing despite being as end game as anyone in railjack. Seems ill advised.

33 minutes ago, PlanckZero said:

Back then you didn't even have to build the crap tier sigma or low tier wreckage, for a long time you were better off just getting out of the ship and using your archwing to wreck stuff.  Most of my early railjack experience until I maxed my own ship out consisted of the pilot parking on the edge of the map or inside an asteroid and telling everyone to get out.

Remember how that was viable until DE decided to nerf archguns a second time because "Noooooo you're not playing the way we want you to"?

4 minutes ago, JHarlequin said:

Truly, I researched all the parts in the dojo, and I used a couple of them until I found it much easier to ride along with people on their railjacks to get something useful that I should build rather than taking pathetic baby steps to even progress passed a single mission.

Yup, that's what I did. Skipped most of the Mk I and Mk II stuff and went straight for the Mk III when I got one with good enough stats on it. I currently have everything at Mk III built for all houses, and that gives me 24 (3 * 3 + 3 * 5) built/repaired wreckage. I'm sure I've built a few more than that, but can't say for sure I've built at least 30 all in all. Would suck to have my resource efficiency backfire.

imgur.com/a/e5M7sJa

205 collected mask liches. actually collected them just for fun, not for command intrinsic as i know only 3 crew AI is possible. but even tho, unique mask kuva lich collecting is not a bad contents to do, hardest grinding with painful 2.5 hour per run 1/48 usual spawn chance(yeah, it can be worse) and spending lots of platinum for lich hunters for ez way, welp. that run some lich economy. and what does this collecting mean is 'just end game collecting for fun' as upgraded version of sunny pobber floof x300 collecting. but rarity of this dope liches make some headache to find exactly full covered head combine or symmetrical both legs and arms, this RNG is not good for beginner lich collectors. but making kuva lich's appearance full customizable also waste of contents actually.

so maybe this option will be helpful for new content 'kuva lich fashion frame'

0. basic custiomizable option

let's see what is unimportant to liches. and what can be free option at fresh new rookie lich human trafficked by musclebrain space pirates

1. color : the main of fashion.

2. syandana : liches sometimes equip syandana include stuff we can also use. but there are syandanas that only liches can use. maybe 200~250p bundle if DE have mind?

3. progenitor helmet on shoulder : they already defeated and saved their life. and their new weird boss maybe want them to change shoulder deco for better look. i have terrible feeling about future they will equip snowman's head or pumpkin(sold in 1 credit in market) on shoulder. poor liches...

4. kuva sack : maybe need some kuva(2500~3500) for change it's position

5. ephemera : can use ephemera on lich include corpus lich's ephemera, but what if u have ephemera lich? i think double ephemera is one of nice option. lich's ephemera follow main color, attached ephemera follow attachment color. if DE can.

1. vanquished lich's part

lots of mask liches are dead cause of their jaw and side forehead exposure. pain is better than nothing but too much pain is not good for fun.

1. vanquished lich drops mask, helmet, armor, leg, arm, auxiliary(ammo case or skirt on thigh, beaver tail on back. eye patch) part fragments(doesn't affect by drop chance, amount booster)at once. i mean, u can get all body part's fragments if u crash down that lich cause u gonna rip & tear that lich for acceptable reason(or not).

ex) if lich equip ammo case on both thigh he drops 2 ammo case fragments, if he equip 1ammo case and 1 skirt on thigh, 1ammo case, and 1 skirt fragments drops.

2. u can buy blueprints of lich's parts, who gonna be a seller? i think clem is good for it. cause he is darvo's contractor for grineer stuff. and body implant is usual to grineer. and other grinners also use simillar parts that kuva lich use, what it needs to be paid? rare resource like orokin cell and argon crystal and some credits maybe good.

3. how many fragments needed? welp. finding helmet and armor, leg and arm from lich is ez, but finding mask is not. and vanquishing lich takes usually 2.5 hours per lich. too much grinding is not good for mental health. but someone grinding for lich's fashion probably not a noob. so we need acceptable amount.

mask: 3

helmet: 5

body armor: 6

leg and arm: 6

auxiliary : 4

ex) if u want to make predator looks like mask, u need to kill 3 liches that have predator mask,

need clem mask? kill 3 clem mask liches. correct fragments for correct part.

4. let's combine the part to the lich, it will needs the accomplished lich's part and some kuva(4500~5500? per part)

5. remain parts-> melt to kuva + usual resource like alloy plates and salvage, maybe helminth is good for this job? or clem again?

other guys maybe have good opinion for weapon swap or lich modding. so i just wrote only lich's appearance option. thx.

What I really like to see that the RJ is more personal. Means we can decorate even if some limited way like stickers on the side or so. Also would be nice to add some cool stories so I will feel more connected to the RJ and somehow RJ should help us progress in game which I think you are trying to do. I only have 380 loging but I only did like 2 RJ missions after I completed my RJ because it feel so much out of this game. Like another game which I don't want to play. I welcome these changes. Already excited to see how it's going to turn out. Hopefully I can start playing RJ.

Some good things (namely the per-user consumables), but it's not all roses. There are still several gripes to be found.

Firstly, nothing about the swarm of icons at the edges of the screen instead of a radar? Every single space combat game has a 3D radar. Even Elite had one back in 1984 - and the code for that fitted into a scant few bytes added as an afterthought at the very end.

Nothing about all these icons being completely identical? Some form of ready distinction between crewships, fighters and boarding pods is pretty important.

Nothing about the absurdly slow resource ticker in the bottom left of the screen? I've done missions, gone back to the drydock, scrapped all the excess junk and exited back to the orbiter and the damn thing still...... hasn't..... finished..... going...... through..... the..... items..... that..... I..... picked..... up.....

The interior's being condensed - this is good. But what about the hold to click mechanic on the forges, or the whole weird grappling hook mechanic to pull them down? Yes, forges are apparently going to become almost useless (and I'm not objecting to that, though I can imagine that every pilot is just going to be Hildryn with Fast Deflection from now on for maximum spam), but their whole interface is just obnoxious.

Also - auto roll? Can we not have this forced on to us? It's space combat. There's no up or down. Stop imposing these artificial limits.

So here's my take on calculating wreckage based on the theory that DE will want to run as simple a script as possible when calculating whether people qualify for a tier 1, 2 or 3 reward:

There's a 'scrap components and armaments' sub menu icon at the top of the main menu screen when accessing the right hand podium in the dry dock. It shows all the currently available crafted items you can choose to bolt onto your railjack. You may have some crafted research items in here but also repaired wreckage drops. If the number of these repaired wreckage items is 30 or more then I think you'll get the tier 3 reward. Just my guess.

The trouble is many people will have skipped repairing 1 and 2 level items and just crafted level 3 wreckage items (from the veil) and so may never have crafted 30 items as you don't need that many to have a full build. Also you may have crafted level 1 or 2 items in the past to either use or fuse but then deleted them when you had the top level 3 items and there's no way of knowing how many of those lower level items you once had.

There's still a week or 2 to get a bunch of dropped wreckage items and repair them to get up to 30 or more repaired items and you could argue that it's nice of them to give us this early 'heads-up' but it's a bit odd that we need to jump through some hoops now at this late stage to prove we were early adopters back in the day.

I get it, they want to make it as fair as possible and repaired wreckage does prove that you've invested time and dirac in actively building your railjack. To be honest I don't have a better idea other than reducing the number of repaired items down to the minimum number needed to fully kit out a railjack to qualify for tier 3 reward and go down from there to the lower tiers.

I'm pretty sure given the amount of feedback on this subject we'll be given further information shortly. In the meantime I'm repairing some wreckage to get above 30 despite having had a fully loaded ship for over a year and eleventy billion trillion dirac accumulated from many many missions.

3 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

So here's my take on calculating wreckage based on the theory that DE will want to run as simple a script as possible when calculating whether people qualify for a tier 1, 2 or 3 reward:

There's a 'scrap components and armaments' sub menu icon at the top of the main menu screen when accessing the right hand podium in the dry dock. It shows all the currently available crafted items you can choose to bolt onto your railjack. You may have some crafted research items in here but also repaired wreckage drops. If the number of these repaired wreckage items is 30 or more then I think you'll get the tier 3 reward. Just my guess.

The trouble is many people will have skipped repairing 1 and 2 level items and just crafted level 3 wreckage items (from the veil) and so may never have crafted 30 items as you don't need that many to have a full build. Also you may have crafted level 1 or 2 items in the past to either use or fuse but then deleted them when you had the top level 3 items and there's no way of knowing how many of those lower level items you once had.

There's still a week or 2 to get a bunch of dropped wreckage items and repair them to get up to 30 or more repaired items and you could argue that it's nice of them to give us this early 'heads-up' but it's a bit odd that we need to jump through some hoops now at this late stage to prove we were early adopters back in the day.

I get it, they want to make it as fair as possible and repaired wreckage does prove that you've invested time and dirac in actively building your railjack. To be honest I don't have a better idea other than reducing the number of repaired items down to the minimum number needed to fully kit out a railjack to qualify for tier 3 reward and go down from there to the lower tiers.

I'm pretty sure given the amount of feedback on this subject we'll be given further information shortly. In the meantime I'm repairing some wreckage to get above 30 despite having had a fully loaded ship for over a year and eleventy billion trillion dirac accumulated from many many missions.

thank you for the explanation 

@[DE]Rebecca Sorry for the ping but this is weighing on my thoughts: I hope that when it comes to "completing wreckage" for early adopter items it atleast counts as half a point for valence fusion? Because ever since that came out, I already had a mostly full spread of toppish gear that I've just been smooshing my resources into via valence fusions to existing gear which would probably be well over that 30 amount to get tier 3 early adopter. Otherwise I'm not so sure, and I don't know where I can check that sort of thing.

also, will there be, or can there be a test cluster for this stuff?

I like everything, except one change - that all the neccessary systems, including foundry, will be in one place. I kinda liked it when everyone but me left the railjack to do some outside tasks, and I had to do everything by myself: dodge, destroy enemy ships, run far towards foundry to build some more rockets, while fixing critical hull breaches and killing intruders. It gave me the feeling that maintaing ship that big all by yourself isn't easy thing to do, and I really liked that feeling, that I was doing great despite all difficulties and dangers. But if a lot of ppl think that it will be better this way - I can live with that

Archived