Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, (NSW)WingZero33 said:

I really like this new update!  But why did you make reward tiers based on how much wreckage you repaired?  Are we just going to repair random wreckage to get up to tier 3?

That's my plan! It doesn't really seem that well thought out but repairing a load of random wreckage appears to be what they want us to do.

Just now, CeruleanHex said:

Yeah no that's exactly the line I'm referring too. They're saying if you don't have one, they're in relays now and it seems implicit that you can't build them in clans anymore (but any that currently exist will remain). However I'm not sure.

They are saying players that do not have access to clan dry docks are not required to join a clan.

They are not saying, nor are they implying, that dry docks will be removed from clans...

2 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Reactor stats will now focus on Ability Strength, Duration, and Range for the Railjack abilities:

Right. But I'm looking for numbers. We had reactors that were geared more towards avionics and some geared towards flux. What I want to know is which type of reactors will be geared more towards duration, strength and range.

17 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Why are these based solely on wreckage? what about missions complete, hours played, avionics leveled, grids leveled, all of those take a lot of time too, and besides im am pretty sure there isn't even 30 different wreckage to scrap.

I have the same thought and actually went through the wiki now to check and guess what... there are exactly 30 different wreckages to farm and repair in the game. (7 armaments x 3 houses = 21, shield, reactor, engine x 3 houses = 9, total 30)

To reach tier 3 you must've farmed and build literally all available railjack parts at least once that drop in the game.

So tier 1 is: you build 1 part and tier 3 is you build all parts. Nicely balanced. (/s)

About the flux energy being replaced by warframe energy

Hildryn and Lavos, both dont use energy, This is the first issue.

The second issue is that if Railjack is dependant on Warframe energy, what will stop people to just spam energy pizzas to spam battle abilities. We basically wont have an engineer anymore, we will have a chef that will be responsible for delivering pizzas to the pilot, gunner or other roles

how this will work?

everything else sounds amazing

8 minutes ago, (NSW)WingZero33 said:

I really like this new update!  But why did you make reward tiers based on how much wreckage you repaired?  Are we just going to repair random wreckage to get up to tier 3?

"Great question! Based on user feedback, we have decided to make Tier 3 rewards available based on amount of wreckage repaired before we announced that it mattered!"

-DE, probably

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We expect to ship this Update on PC within the next week or two. Tenno - it’s almost here! ANY changes to the  content of this workshop will be edited in below in a ‘Changes’ section! Expect to see some action here - we are actively testing the work here, and expect some tweaks. 

This entire "update" just doesn't make RJ sound interesting. RJ was bad at the start...was bad (still) after an "update" and now we get even more "fixes"...  I may have missed it in the long  post but are Liches going to be in RJ and interact with us on Earth like originally promised?

No? So this is what exactly? Removing some nodes that are too popular...how about weapons? Are popular weapons going to be nerfed for "game balance" reasons too?

Adding Command intrinsic to let me form my own squad in RJ just screams that nobody wants to play RJ so it is a "patch" to a broken part of the game. When will I get to form my own squad for Mot or Hydron so I can run for as long as I want to just not solo?

Having to spend platinum to get more slots for crew members seems like a cheap cash grab...even though players should be able to make platinum without spending IRL money.

Overall, a lot of "rah rah we are making RJ better" *again* without addressing the original content from the trailer.

Time will tell if this "update" to RJ makes it tolerable enough for a few hours...but disappointing out the gate IMO.

4 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

This entire "update" just doesn't make RJ sound interesting. RJ was bad at the start...was bad (still) after an "update" and now we get even more "fixes"...  I may have missed it in the long  post but are Liches going to be in RJ and interact with us on Earth like originally promised?

No? So this is what exactly? Removing some nodes that are too popular...how about weapons? Are popular weapons going to be nerfed for "game balance" reasons too?

Adding Command intrinsic to let me form my own squad in RJ just screams that nobody wants to play RJ so it is a "patch" to a broken part of the game. When will I get to form my own squad for Mot or Hydron so I can run for as long as I want to just not solo?

Having to spend platinum to get more slots for crew members seems like a cheap cash grab...even though players should be able to make platinum without spending IRL money.

Overall, a lot of "rah rah we are making RJ better" *again* without addressing the original content from the trailer.

Time will tell if this "update" to RJ makes it tolerable enough for a few hours...but disappointing out the game IMO.

Gotta disagree with you here. I think these changes actually sound pretty decent. Moving the gunner spots, having some NPC helpers, putting resource-management onto each person rather than the host, the harness system etc. They all sound like really productive changes. Also it sounds like there will be more loot added to Railjack (arcanes) that will make the mode much more appealing to a broad range of players. Eidolons have pigeon-holed the arcane scene for too long.

The trailer is still not being delivered but at this point I don't think we ever will see it added.

3 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

"Great question! Based on user feedback, we have decided to make Tier 3 rewards available based on amount of wreckage repaired before we announced that it mattered!"

-DE, probably

Ooof, that one cut deep. It really hurts. And it hurts even more to know it's more real than we all want it to be.

I really pleased that DE work with railjack, but these changes just awful.
I do like speed increase and stamina bar removal, cause moving fast n flow without interruptions is quite pleasant.
But.
I do not like avionics removal, cause now ancient ship with it's techs becomes just usual boring thing as whole idea. 
I do not like NPC against real people thing, cause this multiplayer game already lack of teamwork and you makin it even more solo.
I do not like removal of grid upgrades which makes my ship 3 level of every installed avionic worse, which makes my adorable ship just weaker. 
I do not like being dependent of what people bring to my ship and i will not get any pleasure when tey start spamming freakin tether and scream at me why i do not play how meta leads.

This update should be about n times more avionics and weapons, about removal nuke avionics and injecting turret specific abilities, about more mission goals like silently reach some point, blackout defences and other stuff.. Update about more ship systems, like energy distribution between systems, navigation thingys to decide which way to move safier, scanners to see heavily mined zones or any dangers and whole battlefield situation, torpedoes, shields and tons of other thingys that mechanically making those missions difficult and interesting, but this update just eeeegh. Maybe i want too much from that kind of game.

Rj that was first shown at tennocon was so awesome and now we have this awful piece of sh!tt.
For sure i will try it, but im afraid that whole update makes rj way less pleasant.. We play games for pleasure and if there s none.. You know.. 

Can a dev Clarify the tier 3 reward?

Do we need to have 30 repaired stuff in our inventory?

Or stuff we repaired and valence transferred count to it?

If its the first one, those who valence transferred to make the prefect railjack are being punished for using a system that they placed in game!

5 minutes ago, ..E.luna..Ai.. said:

I really pleased that DE work with railjack, but these changes just awful.
I do like speed increase and stamina bar removal, cause moving fast n flow without interruptions is quite pleasant.
But.
I do not like avionics removal, cause now ancient ship with it's techs becomes just usual boring thing as whole idea. 
I do not like NPC against real people thing, cause this multiplayer game already lack of teamwork and you makin it even more solo.
I do not like removal of grid upgrades which makes my ship 3 level of every installed avionic worse, which makes my adorable ship just weaker. 
I do not like being dependent of what people bring to my ship and i will not get any pleasure when tey start spamming freakin tether and scream at me why i do not play how meta leads.

This update should be about n times more avionics and weapons, about removal nuke avionics and injecting turret specific abilities, about more mission goals like silently reach some point, blackout defences and other stuff.. Update about more ship systems, like energy distribution between systems, navigation thingys to decide which way to move safier, scanners to see heavily mined zones or any dangers and whole battlefield situation, torpedoes, shields and tons of other thingys that mechanically making those missions difficult and interesting, but this update just eeeegh. Maybe i want too much from that kind of game.

Rj that was first shown at tennocon was so awesome and now we have this awful piece of sh!tt.
For sure i will try it, but im afraid that whole update makes rj way less pleasant.. We play games for pleasure and if there s none.. You know.. 

pretty much relate to many of my sentiments.

Citation

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

- Everything in Tier 1 AND Tier 2
 - 3x Rush Repair Drones
 - Legendary Core
 - Umbra Forma
 - Railjack Resource Bundle #3

I would love a bit of clarification on this section, What does it mean to have "completed" 30 tier 3 wreckage? how do we tell if we meet this requirement?

1 minute ago, MadMattPrime said:

Can a dev Clarify the tier 3 reward?

Do we need to have 30 repaired stuff in our inventory?

Or stuff we repaired and valence transferred count to it?

If its the first one, those who valence transferred to make the prefect railjack are being punished for using a system that they placed in game!

Adding on to this, I'm curious if Sigma gear from the dojo counts. It's listed under tier 1 but not tier 3.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Player has Completed 1 or more Wreckage or Clan BP: Tier 1

1x Rush Repair Drone
2x Armament Slots
10 x Riven Slivers
Bonus Railjack Mods
- Munitions Vortex
- Battle Forge
- Particle Ram
- Void Hole
- Railjack Resource Bundle

Player has completed at least 12 Wreckage: Tier 2

- Everything in Tier 1
- 2x Rush Repair Drones
- 15 Riven Slivers
- 10,000 Endo
 -7 Day Resource and Affinity Booster
- Railjack Resource Bundle #2

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

- Everything in Tier 1 AND Tier 2
 - 3x Rush Repair Drones
 - Legendary Core
 - Umbra Forma
 - Railjack Resource Bundle #3

So since this is based so much on how much wreckage we've repaired and this isnt something we can easily see any chance we will get to see this number ingame before the update hits so we can work out what package we qualifiy for?

hace 22 minutos, TheFBD dijo:

there are exactly 30 different wreckages to farm and repair in the game. (7 armaments x 3 houses = 21, shield, reactor, engine x 3 houses = 9, total 30)

Apoc, Carcinnox, Cryophon, Photor, Pulsar. That's 5 armaments to farm. What am I missing?

All of these changes are really something to look forward too, except for the Flux Energy change being based on Warframe energy, this is not a healthy or good change that will help the gamemode at all. While I understand the point is to have the Flux energy be individual, I strongly suggest it remains using the current Energy system for the Railjack powers.

21 minutes ago, naturalcandy said:

No PTC this time? It's really risk.

The last time the PTC was used, it was limited to select players due to tech constraints. This way they can push it out to PC, have all the PC players test it, give feedback, and then patch quickly based on that feedback. Then, when it's in a good place it comes out with the big story quest (Tempestarii) for the consoles.

Archived