Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

Loving the sounds of these changes but I have two questions:

1. I thought Railjack Intrinsics were going to allow us to deploy Necramechs in traditional Warframe missions as well. Have the dev team decided to change their ideas on this, or is Tactical required to use Mechs in Railjack specifically? I find this a tad confusing.

2. Since Orphix Venom, a lucrative Arcane farming method, will now be a permanent mission type available, will Eidolon rewards see any kind of a rework in order to keep up? Eidolons should still be worth doing, as they are gated by a time limit whereas Orphix Venom is not. I would suggest changing Eidolons so they drop 3 Arcanes each rather than 1 as a means of making the two a tad more equal.

I am a bit concerned about the Plexus. From the looks of it there is no aura polarity bonus or we will have to add a polarity to the aura first, and there is a limit of 30 capacity? Is there a option to add a reactor to boost to 60? If not, then it would appear there is not going to be a need for a bit of forma investment to fit a build onto the Plexus.

So I'd like some clarity on 'wreckage repaired', namely if that includes Wreckage that I have fed into the Valence Fusion blender to min-max all my components prior to this update.  If it does, great, I'm probably in either Tiers 2 or 3.  If not...  Hoo boy, we're gonna have some issues.

Never mind, requirements got changed, we good

Loved it! From the fact that there is a video summary of the Dev Workshop to the changes themselves, I fully applaud DE's efforts with the upcoming updates (RJ, Tempestarii, Melee/Gun Rework, Corpus Queenpins). 

The one thing I'm a bit wary in the RJ Rework is the whole "Sprint, No Shoot" aspect of RJ pilots. I like to craze around. Still, what I took from this change is that I can still shoot while roaming around at normal speed, right? If so, I'm still pretty happy about it. Even if I could only shoot while stationary it'd still be ok, even if a tad meh. 

A bit of feedback on the Command Intrinsic and our AI Crew: When a player joins our squad (thus taking out an AI Crewmate's spot) we should be able to specify a priority order for which AI Crewmate is replaced first by a joining player. If this is already a thing, my utmost best to you!

Other than that I am genuinely hyped to levels of Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna and RJ original release with this update.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

You have a few days. It takes about 20 minutes to get the random junk armaments to make it to tier 3. I am not saying you make bad points. This was definitely not the best way to handle this. However, the gesture is there, and there is an opportunity to catch it.

Then what you are suggesting defeats the terms "early adopters". What's the point of naming it "early adopters"? I and several of my clanmates and friends are early adopters but I'm sure none of us met the requirement for said T3 even when we've been there from the very beginning. We picked which components/armaments that we were going to build due to the high amount of resources required to repair them. Even I, who managed to get every single MK III armaments and components (no dupes or bonus variants), am not qualified for T3. I'm not going to be surprised if I hit more than a hundred hours of Railjack since I played it exclusively for weeks after launch and then more after the RJ update. I know those who played Railjack way more but have lesser wreckage repair count than mine. Don't they deserve the T3 early adopters? But hey, just grind it right? You have a few days after all.

As someone with a solo clan that started railjack day one and it is still my favorate gamemode in the game so far i feel a little bit concerned about this wreckage tier system, not only have i and most other players waited till we got a good drop and repaired it from those early adoption days so we dont need anymore wreckage, but the few times we needed to fuse wreckage doesnt even come close to 30, I am also deeply concerned with the repair costs i am willing to bet all the endo in the origin system that the tier 3 resource refund isnt even going to come close to 5% of the total cost of repairing 30 wreckage, this feels more like a punishment to early adopters rather then a sweet refund for all our hard work, and make no mistake those of us who didnt start repairing anything till tier 3 and only repaired the good things are being punished here.

Just now, ErinaAlda said:

As someone with a solo clan that started railjack day one and it is still my favorate gamemode in the game so far i feel a little bit concerned about this wreckage tier system, not only have i and most other players waited till we got a good drop and repaired it from those early adoption days so we dont need anymore wreckage, but the few times we needed to fuse wreckage doesnt even come close to 30, I am also deeply concerned with the repair costs i am willing to bet all the endo in the origin system that the tier 3 resource refund isnt even going to come close to 5% of the total cost of repairing 30 wreckage, this feels more like a punishment to early adopters rather then a sweet refund for all our hard work, and make no mistake those of us who didnt start repairing anything till tier 3 and only repaired the good things are being punished here.

Exactly. Punished for being efficient.

This isn't even "early adopter" compensation, its literally just "We're #*!%ing with the cost of repairs, here's some resources as a 'refund' is you repaired a lot of S#&$" and in that case the ONLY thing they should have included is the resource bundles.  But no, for some reason having repaired a bunch of wreckage means you're also entitled  to a set of seven day boosters, an umbral forma, a legendary core and a riven.  It's just plain stupid.

Liking the changes overall , slightly sad that we are back to forma and endo but i can get over it.

Especially liked the "ensmallening" and the positioning of the gunners , Still wish the artillery didnt need to be its own thing,

a few points which make me concerned though,

1) Energy / Flux now based on frame energy (assuming it is also affected by efficiency?), outside of the obvious outliers like hildryn and lavos that dont use energy , this feels a little .... narrow ? will there still be a mechanism to create flux energy ? that way it can still be partially managed with a low energy pool frames that don't rely on energy, else it will encourage "stat frames" to get most out of the flux .

2) Damage types needs more clarity , is it just a nomenclature change? or will the effects also by like the core game? i hope it is only nomenclature.

3) Weapons for crew will be with mods? or will it be unmodded? that will make a very significant difference between the capability of the crew to deal damage. Also , will the lich be able to use all their abilities and personal weapons or it will always take something from my arsenal?

I will look forward to the changes and responses based on all the feedback that are provided by players.

Edit:

I am also curios about the Tier list for early adopters, i have made many weapons and components , but i have also valenced/ repaired/destoyed quite a few of them , so will it count those? or will it only count at the time of the update? i am just short of a few i wont have a problem personally to craft 5 more cheap armaments but would like some clarity.

48 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

2. Since Orphix Venom, a lucrative Arcane farming method, will now be a permanent mission type available, will Eidolon rewards see any kind of a rework in order to keep up? Eidolons should still be worth doing, as they are gated by a time limit whereas Orphix Venom is not. I would suggest changing Eidolons so they drop 3 Arcanes each rather than 1 as a means of making the two a tad more equal.

Orphix is also time limited of 1 orphix every minute and 30 seconds.

After having finally read through all 16 preceding pages of this forum I think I am finally ready to provide some feedback.  I'll go in order of the headers used in the original post by Rebb.

1.  What will happen on login?
More Accessible:

I do not see any problems here. This will definitely help draw more people to the game mode. Honestly, the cost for a fully built Railjack seems super generous compared to how much Warframes cost in the Market. I was expecting way higher but that actually seems about right.
Avionics to Mods:
I can see why you would want to rename Avionics to Mods for consistency but the current avionics screen is simply amazing right now. Simplifying here would only ruin a great system in-game. Using our reactors to calibrate just how we wanted to play and having the avionics grid supercharge our avionics just felt amazing and perfect for railjacks.
Meet the 'PLEXUS':
The plexus adds further complication to a system that is running perfectly right now. Having a harness that modifies a railjack so drastically completely removes any feeling of having OUR own ship. Instead it feels more like some hybrid monster that belongs to no one anymore. This entire section just feels like change for the sake of change instead of improving anything existing. Aura slots are a nice touch. Great that the plexus itself is the multiple config slots.  Plus, with starting reactor and 3 polarities we basically start with around 82 capacity. Considering battle/tactical avionics are now free from capacity cost and max before was 130 endgame RJs will be pretty close to what they could already have and early game ones are probably just flat out better now for capacity. Having that with the avionics grid would be amazing but I've started to warm to the plexus.
Side note for this section, I only really noticed that fourth terminal being empty last month and I'm really happy for its utility.
Dirac to Endo:
Never really understood why dirac had its own name when it served as basically endo anyway. The conversion is definitely appreciated but again, please leave the avionics grid as is. Not only does that UI fit a space naval aesthetic perfectly, but it offered far greater flexibility or designs since it was free from any polarities or forma requirements.
Intrinsics 2.0:
I am all for the revision of intrinsics for more added impact on our capabilities as railjack crewmates. Kudos to whomever was designing this section.
Command Intrinsic:
Gotta say I am super excited to finally have my own crew. I play almost all of the game solo (especially Empyrean) so having a dedicated group of npcs to bond with will be great. Having npc slots in place of Tenno slots makes perfect sense to me. Combined with the video from Rebb, I assume that crew slots can have Elite Crewmates (i.e. liches) equitable in either one of the 3 normal slots or with their own special slot. Both seem fair and worthwhile to me. The small touches of syndicate allegiance affecting contract costs is amazing too.
New Railjack Component: Hull:
Makes sense to use that even without touching the avionics UI/mechanics right now (again, please do not convert that to the standard modding screen and system). Could provide some nice utility for customization and free up what otherwise feels like mandatory avionics to stay alive when we could have more added utility.
Wreckage Cost Changes:
Reducing cost is nice as it means we can experiment more readily with all our options.
Early Adopters:
Great to see consideration for people like myself who fell in love with Empyrean straight out of the gate (finished my railjack first day it was possible and immediately started playing when the next update for that launched). The clan railjack monument should probably be awarded to players to place on their orbiters though since clans do come and go for some people. I assume the various tiers will have their requirements clarified or converted to intrinsics so I am not worried about that. The resources are nice to get, especially the free slots for the new weapons we get to play with. T3 rewards seem pretty outstanding to me.
Matchmaking Changes:
All positives here, especially with Rebb mentioning that they will be getting the Scarlet Spear treatment allowing you to choose for host or client queueing.

2. What's Different in Missions?
In favor of moving turrets to line up with the pilot's POV. As a gunner you cannot really hit anything as the pilot will naturally target the largest groups of enemies first. I will miss the larger interior of my railjack, but that room was essentially just filler whereas every other room held a distinct purpose for the ship. Really happy with the movement QoL, all perfect changes there. Separate ammo stockpiles feels great for revolite, but why dome charges? Revolite is seems to be stored on our person so that makes sense, but aren't dome charges and missiles stored in the railjack itself for use? Maybe have the turrets use their own missile supplies at the most but shared ammunition (not revolite for clarity) does not make internal sense with railjacks, at least to me. If someone could help me understand please do.
My biggest issue with this section is the conversion to Warframe-sourced energy. To be blunt, this makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. Flux energy perfectly suits the role it was designed for and does not need to be changed. Adding Warframe stat dependencies makes the ship's reactor almost entirely moot with what it should do. The void (thumb) drive powers our Void jumps, that reactor powers literally everything else. Why would Old War tech require external batteries to be fully utilized? Sure they were used almost exclusively by Tenno, but that is still just a bad engineering practice on the Orokin's behalf to make such a requirement. As a gameplay mechanic, this will do several things, none of which are positive. One, newer players will have an extremely difficult time maintaining energy and will rarely be able to use abilities. Two, more seasoned players with access to later game gear will just spam all their abilities without consequence due to having nigh-infinite energy. Third but most certainly not last, gameplay will slow down as pilots are forced to exit their seats to restock energy. Kind of already happens in solo sometimes when rebuilding flux energy but in squads this will only slow things down and remove a core feature for Engineer players.
Railjack Malfunctions/Hazards:
Makes total sense and the gameplay immersion will increase since they were just EHP losses or DoT effects. My one concern is with catastrophic hull breaches and hull ruptures. Catastrophic hull breaches should stay as they are or there really isn't much of a fail state, almost completely removing the risk if playing. Sure people don't like tp die or fail missions, but this makes Empyrean far too easy. In my opinions catastrophic hull breaches should stay as is and hull ruptures should take their proposed effect on top of what they currently do.
Unified Damage Types:
Makes sense, never really learned what the new damage types did anyway. I just used the guns with my favorite fire rate and overall feel.
Node Changes:
Renaming to better reflect what is actually in those nodes is great. I assume you guys will add more variety over time as well so I am not concerned about that in the slightest. My only request is that we are able to select mission nodes that are just original Empyrean in design with a greater focus on using our railjacks. When I play railjack, I go there for that content, not to play more of the core game. Having both options will make both sides happy and I really hope we get those nodes eventually if they are not in 29.10.

3. What Will Keep Me Playing?
I really hope you are diversifying mission nodes and not just using Empyrean as starter objectives to core game modes. Sure that's fine for some of the available Empyrean nodes and is even a great choice for merging content, but please leave some nodes as entirely railjack focused. Small POIs are fine as they are right now but my biggest attraction to the system is flying my our spaceship.
Side note to those who seemed concerned over only getting arcanes. DE mentioned in a Devstream that we will also be getting vaulted relics as stable drops for these tables so do not worry too much about new rewards here.
Overall I am excited to see what these new game modes could be like and am really hoping for incorporation of archwing mission objectives into core railjack similar to POI slots in current build.

4. What Comes Next?
Not much here on 29.10 so I will just skim over it. Void Storms sound very interesting, I can just imagine them hitting Corpus and Grineer fighters to create Corrupted variants. 

In conclusion, the vast majority of the changes look great, but some are just reducing the identity that Empyrean has and our sense of ownership over our railjacks. My biggest disagreements are changing the functionality and UI of avionics to just another standard mod menu, using Warframe energy for railjack abilities, and the potential loss of a focused game mode just so it can incorporate more of the standard mission types. I want to go all in and love this update, but the plexus has me uncertain, swapping to Warframe energy for avionics seems unwise, and I am really worried that we will lose dedicated RJ nodes to on-foot style missions in the regular star chart for most of RJ mission runtimes.

9 minutes ago, Roland_Snow said:

After having finally read through all 16 preceding pages of this forum I think I am finally ready to provide some feedback.  I'll go in order of the headers used in the original post by Rebb.

1.  What will happen on login?
More Accessible:

I do not see any problems here. This will definitely help draw more people to the game mode. Honestly, the cost for a fully built Railjack seems super generous compared to how much Warframes cost in the Market. I was expecting way higher but that actually seems about right.
Avionics to Mods:
I can see why you would want to rename Avionics to Mods for consistency but the current avionics screen is simply amazing right now. Simplifying here would only ruin a great system in-game. Using our reactors to calibrate just how we wanted to play and having the avionics grid supercharge our avionics just felt amazing and perfect for railjacks.
Meet the 'PLEXUS':
This seems like a complete wrong move for railjack. The plexus adds further complication to a system that is running perfectly right now. Having a harness that modifies a railjack so drastically completely removes any feeling of having OUR own ship. Instead it feels more like some hybrid monster that belongs to no one anymore. This entire section just feels like change for the sake of change instead of improving anything existing. Aura slots are a nice touch but again not really needed and feels out of place with what we already have. My one positive about the plexus itself is the multiple config slots. Having that with the avionics grid would be amazing but otherwise avionics should be left as is.
Side note for this section, I only really noticed that fourth terminal being empty last month and I'm really happy for its utility.
Dirac to Endo:
Never really understood why dirac had its own name when it served as basically endo anyway. The conversion is definitely appreciated but again, please leave the avionics grid as is. Not only does that UI fit a space naval aesthetic perfectly, but it offered far greater flexibility or designs since it was free from any polarities or forma requirements.
Intrinsics 2.0:
I am all for the revision of intrinsics for more added impact on our capabilities as railjack crewmates. Kudos to whomever was designing this section.
Command Intrinsic:
Gotta say I am super excited to finally have my own crew. I play almost all of the game solo (especially Empyrean) so having a dedicated group of npcs to bond with will be great. Having npc slots in place of Tenno slots makes perfect sense to me. Combined with the video from Rebb, I assume that crew slots can have Elite Crewmates (i.e. liches) equitable in either one of the 3 normal slots or with their own special slot. Both seem fair and worthwhile to me. The small touches of syndicate allegiance affecting contract costs is amazing too.
New Railjack Component: Hull:
Makes sense to use that even without touching the avionics UI/mechanics right now (again, please do not convert that to the standard modding screen and system). Could provide some nice utility for customization and free up what otherwise feels like mandatory avionics to stay alive when we could have more added utility.
Wreckage Cost Changes:
Reducing cost is nice as it means we can experiment more readily with all our options.
Early Adopters:
Great to see consideration for people like myself who fell in love with Empyrean straight out of the gate (finished my railjack first day it was possible and immediately started playing). The clan railjack monument should probably be awarded to players to place on their orbiters though since clans do come and go for some people. I assume the various tiers will have their requirements clarified or converted to intrinsics so I am not worried about that. The resources are nice to get, especially the free slots for the new weapons we get to play with. T3 rewards seem pretty outstanding to me.
Matchmaking Changes:
All positives here, especially with Rebb mentioning that they will be getting the Scarlet Spear treatment allowing you to choose for host or client queueing.

2. What's Different in Missions?
In favor of moving turrets to line up with the pilot's POV. As a gunner you cannot really hit anything as the pilot will naturally target the largest groups of enemies first. I will miss the larger interior of my railjack, but that room was essentially just filler whereas every other room held a distinct purpose for the ship. Really happy with the movement QoL, all perfect changes there. Separate ammo stockpiles feels great for revolite, but why dome charges? Revolite is seems to be stored on our person so that makes sense, but aren't dome charges and missiles stored in the railjack itself for use? Maybe have the turrets use their own missile supplies at the most but shared ammunition (not revolite for clarity) does not make internal sense with railjacks, at least to me. If someone could help me understand please do.
My biggest issue with this section is the conversion to Warframe-sourced energy. To be blunt, this makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. Flux energy perfectly suits the role it was designed for and does not need to be changed. Adding Warframe stat dependencies makes the ship's reactor almost entirely moot with what it should do. The void (thumb) drive powers our Void jumps, that reactor powers literally everything else. Why would Old War tech require external batteries to be fully utilized? Sure they were used almost exclusively by Tenno, but that is still just a bad engineering practice on the Orokin's behalf to make such a requirement. As a gameplay mechanic, this will do several things, none of which are positive. One, newer players will have an extremely difficult time maintaining energy and will rarely be able to use abilities. Two, more seasoned players with access to later game gear will just spam all their abilities without consequence due to having nigh-infinite energy. Third but most certainly not last, gameplay will slow down as pilots are forced to exit their seats to restock energy. Kind of already happens in solo sometimes when rebuilding flux energy but in squads this will only slow things down and remove a core feature for Engineer players.
Railjack Malfunctions/Hazards:
Makes total sense and the gameplay immersion will increase since they were just EHP losses or DoT effects. My one concern is with catastrophic hull breaches and hull ruptures. Catastrophic hull breaches should stay as they are or there really isn't much of a fail state, almost completely removing the risk if playing. Sure people don't like tp die or fail missions, but this makes Empyrean far too easy. In my opinions catastrophic hull breaches should stay as is and hull ruptures should take their proposed effect on top of what they currently do.
Unified Damage Types:
Makes sense, never really learned what the new damage types did anyway. I just used the guns with my favorite fire rate and overall feel.
Node Changes:
Renaming to better reflect what is actually in those nodes is great. I assume you guys will add more variety over time as well so I am not concerned about that in the slightest. My only request is that we are able to select mission nodes that are just original Empyrean in design with a greater focus on using our railjacks. When I play railjack, I go there for that content, not to play more of the core game. Having both options will make both sides happy and I really hope we get those nodes eventually if they are not in 29.10.

3. What Will Keep Me Playing?
I really hope you are diversifying mission nodes and not just using Empyrean as starter objectives to core game modes. Sure that's fine for some of the available Empyrean nodes and is even a great choice for merging content, but please leave some nodes as entirely railjack focused. Small POIs are fine as they are right now but my biggest attraction to the system is flying my our spaceship.
Side note to those who seemed concerned over only getting arcanes. DE mentioned in a Devstream that we will also be getting vaulted relics as stable drops for these tables so do not worry too much about new rewards here.
Overall I am excited to see what these new game modes could be like and am really hoping for incorporation of archwing mission objectives into core railjack similar to POI slots in current build.

4. What Comes Next?
Not much here on 29.10 so I will just skim over it. Void Storms sound very interesting, I can just imagine them hitting Corpus and Grineer fighters to create Corrupted variants. 

In conclusion, the vast majority of the changes look great, but some are just reducing the identity that Empyrean has and our sense of ownership over our railjacks. My biggest disagreements are changing the functionality and UI of avionics to just another standard mod menu, using Warframe energy for railjack abilities, and the potential loss of a focused game mode just so it can incorporate more of the standard mission types. I want to go all in and love this update, but the plexus system is just ruining it for me.

Thats pretty much my synopsis too in my post. it really does feel like alot of these changes are changes for the sake of changing, and removing alot of the complexity that was the initial draw of railjack to begin with. The actual content we're getting is great (thats mostly what wanted to begin with) but alot of the core things with railjack was fine. I dont know why they sought needed to make such drastic changes to how the railjack works.  some qol change like repositioning the guns, the boost stamina being gone and the like would have been fine. 

One thing I really don't understand is why you're retaining "Fast Travel within Railjack".

Probably the single greatest, most widely recognize strength of Warframe is the mobility. You have an incredible mobility system, and you built these beautiful ships - why don't you want players to move around the ship? (Yes, you can always say "well then don't use it", but it's faster to use it - people are going to do the most efficient thing.)

That goes doubly now that the ship has been made smaller too.

Even before, it felt like a weird bandaid - some half-baked thing I'd expect to find in a mod rather than a normal feature of a game like Warframe.

And it also feels like it flies in the face of the intention of Railjack to be combining all the systems of Warframe. Why does this combination disincentivize the single greatest, most widely recognized strength of the normal gameplay in favor of clicking a menu?

I really wish we could get something more interesting than that, and the gameplay could be about moving around the ship rather than clicking a menu.

12 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Orphix itself isn't a time limited mission whereas Eidolons are. That's like saying Survival is time limited because the Life Support is time limited.

That's like saying eidolons are time limited cause the sun comes up.

What better way to kick off this update than by handing out goodie bags full of seven day boosters, riven slivers, umbral forma and legendary cores... but only to some people and for an almost entirely arbitrary reason. 

it's like Christmas morning, except you're the redheaded step child that gets sent to the basement when it's time to open gifts because there was a secret list of chores you were supposed to do and you failed.

Good way to prop up the Forma sales, the old system was cheaper, well for me having thousands of Dirac spare.

Now I've gotta sink Forma and Endo into what I'd already built, it was bad enough with the Necramech Forma sink holes.

The update does look good with the new missions and other things being introduced.

Though not impressed with having to re rank Avionic mods up that were already at Max rank and to be able to fit them where we once had them we now need to use Forma no less.

Time will tell whether my opinion changes but forcing players who previously had Railjacks built before Empyrean came out is a slap in the face with the new system and the cost to get our Railjacks back to where we had them in the past..

Hi, Rebecca.

I had a few ideas that I'm sure would help create more interest and investment in Railjack. Why not have alerts - but not short timed like the old ones, alerts that work similar to the Void Fissures, but stay for 3 days each period, and then it rotates to a new set of new alerts. Could have from 30 to 50 missions per period, all available at once or new ones being available after completing the previous ones.

Each could add a rotating set of bonus rewards like, more Credits and Resources for some, more drop chance and affinity for others, while being a little bit more difficult in order to encourage players to want to build, rank up and master all of Railjack's elements.

Some might ask, what stops this from being played over and over, the reason I mentioned alerts is because each would only be doable once in that time period - 3 days. However, each bonus element could be mixed with each other at least once for one different mission, for example: for someone who only wanted to get affinity, the person could play only the missions with affinity as a bonus. These alerts each having a different set of bonus together with affinity: affinity + credits, affinity + double drop chance, affinity + double resources, etc.

Another thing is that to stop people from playing the same nodes and type of mission, each of those would be tied to a different node and a different type of mission, rotating each time the previous one was completed:

affinity + credits = defense
affinity + drop chance = capture enemy commander
affinity + double resources = sabotage enemy base

Also, for those that hate doing Eidolon runs - like myself, it would be nice if some of these had a chance to drop Arcanes. It would be much slower than doing Eidolon runs, as you would have a period of 3 days with say, 30-50 missions, as opposed to doing 2-6 Eidolon runs in one Plains of Eidolon night cycle. I mentioned "chance" instead of a guaranteed drop, because it shouldn't outclass Eidolon runs, just give more ways to earn Arcanes.

The drop pool could have: 3.000 Kuva, 100.000 Credits, 4.000 Endo, etc. All could drop from it when not rewarding Arcanes - the rewards may seem too much, but these would need to reward people's time accordingly. Though the more missions one does in that 3 day period, the chance to drop Arcanes would slowly increase - till a certain point, like 0.2-0.5% per mission1 till 10-20%. This percentage would not reset in case players acquire an arcane, only after the 3 day period.

Naturally, they would be harder than normal missions, but something like 50%, not the 250% of Steel Path. Examples are: enemies have 50% more health, do 50% more damage, have 30 levels more than in normal missions, abilities would do 50% less damage or have 50% less duration, etc. Nothing too punishing, the goal is to entice players to do Railjack. It could also have tiers of difficulty so both veterans and new players could do them at their own pace. For example: Tier 1 = 10%, Tier 2 = 20%, and so on.

Anyway, these are just some ideas to give people more options, clear goals and reasons to start, invest and keep playing Railjack for a long time. While also providing more options for some niche resources or acquire others faster, without eclipsing the best places to farm them - The Index would still be best for Credits, Kuva missions for Kuva, Eidolons for Arcanes, etc. For example, Kuva missions can be done in 3-5 minutes, while these Railjack missions could take 6-10 minutes.

PS. To anyone who reads this, I swear on everything that I hold dear that I stopped reading to write this before I started reading the "What will keep me playing?" section. When I finished typing and went back to continue reading and saw the Orphix and Arcanes section, as well as "offering an alternative to Eidolon capturing squads" I started laughing. Great minds think alike, I guess. I decided to keep it as is, though. Just a funny coincidence.

PPS. Now I read: "When Void Storms do come, they’ll offer Tenno a way to use their Void Relics in Railjack Missions! They’ll be a rotating optional mission type to play, just like Fissure Missions on the normal Star Chart, but much bigger and stormier". Sigh, no one will believe me... lmao

Honestly I'm not fond at all at the idea to release 29.10 and 30 on consoles in a single update

I totally get that splitting the release would inevitably delay update 30

Still we console players will skip from content drought to content overload, and I say it as a MR30 player, so I can imagine how much more steep it will be for players with less hours in game

There I said it, it would lead to nothing, as, I repeat, I understand the developers' reasons, but I had to voice my polite concern

7 hours ago, Stickman949 said:

Honestly, I am loving what's coming to Railjack through both what I saw in the Video and also in the notes. This is a good start. Notice how I bolded the word start. Case in point, allow me to outline what needs to be fully done to make Railjack more enjoyable and likable for all. The first of important to note is:

Open World to Railjack gameplay through Railjack Bounties and Open World Switching.

Remember the Fortuna and Railjack reveal back in 2018? Remember how Reb was able to summon her railjack from inside the vallis and go straight to a node? Well, why not include that in this update, or with Corpus Queenpins? That way we can summon our railjack and enjoy more of the open world within going back and forth from the proximia back to the open world whenever we want to... though with a bit of a cooldown. The only requirement to switch back to the open world being finish the mission, dummy! You could even do bounties set by either Konzu from Cetus, Mother from the Necralisk (When Infested Railjack eventually comes out), ??? from the Duviri Paradox (IF Void Railjack comes out eventually), and Eudico from Fortuna, and earn better rewards in space from doing the Railjack Bounties. You can even earn lens while doing Railjack, making it much better to farm the lens from!

Squad Link (Kept ya waiting!)

This is a thing that needs to happen soon, whether with Call of the Tempestarii, or the Corpus Queenpins update, or a future Railjack update, but soon. We would love to intertwine what I put above with Squad Link, allowing open world players to help Railjack players out with missions by doing certain tasks on the open world side, as seen in the Empyrean trailer.

Multiple Railjacks and Railjack Summoning

We only have one railjack we can deploy in a mission, but why not deploy multiple? That way we can have multiple players piloting their own railjacks to help others out. I know we have Crewships, but the more railjacks deployed, the better off we'll all be. Now, about Railjack Summoning, what was that console that's in the southern (Depending on your point of view, I'm going north for this perspective) part of the drydocks? Why not give THAT a function, where we can have multiple railjacks and deploy the ones we want without having to switch out the weapon and design slots we like? Just sayin'...

I know I'll come up with more, but if you guys have your own ideas to this, let me know. Overall, I am excited about what's happening to Railjack, do not get me wrong.

I just thought of another thing that might keep players hooked onto Railjack once more. How about...

Railjack Steel Path, AKA Pilot's Nightmare

One of the things of Railjack is that Railjack is a bit... too easy for those who are over seasoned (Basically over levelled and everything). Why not integrate Steel Path into Railjack? Instead of calling it just RJ Steel Path though, it would have a catchy name like Pilot's Nightmare. This would feel great with the new Orphix and Volatile nodes that are coming with this amazing update. Make the sentients in the Orphix nodes actually feel like a threat other than just be another Grendel's dinner. Have Little Duck be the vendor for Pilot's Nightmare instead of Teshin, and give out SP exclusive Plexuses and Tactical/Battle Avionics that will help benefit in both normal and PN Railjack. It'll allow better grinding, and it will require ALL railjack nodes to be completed, yes, even the ones with the sentients in it. Once you finish all the nodes, like Teshin, you must go to LD to start the PN path. After that, like SP, you start out from the first node and work your way up and over n' out. Maybe even integrate a new Warframe (Not Sevagoth) as part of the reward for doing PN Railjack, making PN Railjack worthwhile. Just a thought tho!

Archived