Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

27 minutes ago, 5nak3Doctor said:

It took me an Hour on Earth to get the rest for 22 completed.

Back in the day each wreckage toke an arm and a leg to build and the resources drop was way lower, you don't realize the difference between the people that played and maxed out rail jack at release. The fact that took you 1 hour to achieve contradicts what DE considered for each tier.

I just hope that these missions have a point for using the railjack. Especially if there is going to be a focus on getting affinity, it will be nice to have a railjack role if we have unleveled weapons. One of the problems with scarlet spear was that there wasn’t much involvement of the railjack other than a taxi, so it would be nice if the railjack could influence what happens in the objective. For example in Orphix mode, if there are too many sentient fighters around the ship, sentient control wouldn’t be able to fall below 50%. That would mean the mission would be doable without anyone in railjack, but a railjack role would still be appreciated if someone wanted to hang back.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Meet the ‘PLEXUS’

Instead, Tenno will have a “PLEXUS” that they bring with them into every Railjack mission, carrying the three types of Avionics you are familiar with. Battle/Tactical Mods remain the same, but are personal to you, being available on any Railjack you board. Integrated Mods will be separated much like Warframe mods: Personal mod slots that only benefit you, and Aura mods that benefit the Railjack and your entire squad. Aura Mods for the Plexus will simply go in the designated Aura slot, similar to how Modding your Warframe works!

So now you're going to make us invest Forma and Potatoes in Railjack as well?! The one really good thing about the current system of avionics was that it didn't require those. Another way to make your players spend platinum... And not even subtle! Shame on you DE, Seriously. I guess those Tencent meetings are all about how to milk more money out of your playerbase huh? 

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

- Everything in Tier 1 AND Tier 2
 - 3x Rush Repair Drones
 - Legendary Core
 - Umbra Forma
 - Railjack Resource Bundle #3

Also this: how is the amount of wreckage completed any indication of "finishing" railjack?! My railjack is maxed, but obviously I didn't repair every crappy piece of wreckage along the way. You could argue that those who have, have no idea what they're doing... Please find another way to assign these bundles that makes some sense!  

6 minutes ago, isti0258 said:

I've played Rj from release, and im not even eligible for t2 even though i have a maxed out Rj/maxed intrinsics, because i didnt waste resources or plat for slots, if they relly think that having 30 wreckages means you are an eraly adapter, well they are reeeeeally disconected with the community.

Let me offer some more, because I'm in agreement here.

Our default inventory is 8 slots.  That's according to the wiki.  Let's assume that they actually calculated the total amount of built wreckage....so theoretically you've got 3 levels of reactor, shield, and engine.  You've also got 3 levels of each weapon.  3 houses each, means potentially 3*3*3+3*5*3 = 27+45 = 72 options.  Great....theoretically you can go from a default build to a fully slotted machine....assuming that you have a lot of good RNG luck.  

Now....the issue is they don't define how they count.  If I build a rank 2 reactor, and feed it two rank 1 reactor wreckage to upgrade it, did I only have one piece of content or do I have 3 pieces of wreckage?  I got that rank 3 reactor, and fed it 4 wreckage to max it.  Is that 5 pieces?  Is it 1.  I played from day one, and thus had three reactors I built...then valence fusioned them into a single maxed reactor.  Is that 3, or 1?  Hmmmm.....seems like DE didn't really provide enough information here.

It seems even more frustrating, because 8 slots are all you get.  1 reactor, 1 shield, and 1 engine.  This means 5 available for all your weapons.  1 secondary armament....so really the most a player could get for "free" is 4/5 weapons in a single house....but they require 30 wreckage.  What does that even mean?  Ahhh....what it means is that two weeks out DE cannot adequately communicate basic facts....and players have no visual feedback.  Everyone run out and buy 22 slots, then grind the snot out of the system, to build your 30 required items.  That way you can assure that you'll earn the rewards....because playing this mess of a game mode for over a year isn't punishment enough.

Let me propose the simplest compromise.  You  have a Railjack, you get tier 1.  You have enough standing to unlock Saturn Proxima, you get rank 2.  You have one stat at least rank 7, or high enough to unlock the veil, you get rank 3.  It's almost like DE is trying to use this as an opportunity to sell more grind and slots, before they have to make it actually good.  But what do I know?  I've got 2 of each Zetki weapon (main and side guns), each tier 3 component (engine, shield, reactor) maxed out, and full intrinsics.  Despite this, I may not qualify for being an early adopter and getting the full reward.  Ouch.

8 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

Let me propose the simplest compromise.  You  have a Railjack, you get tier 1.  You have enough standing to unlock Saturn Proxima, you get rank 2.  You have one stat at least rank 7, or high enough to unlock the veil, you get rank 3.  It's almost like DE is trying to use this as an opportunity to sell more grind and slots, before they have to make it actually good.  But what do I know?  I've got 2 of each Zetki weapon (main and side guns), each tier 3 component (engine, shield, reactor) maxed out, and full intrinsics.  Despite this, I may not qualify for being an early adopter and getting the full reward.  Ouch.

Sums it up real nicely, feels like a slap in the face from DE, rly hope they change things up, because the update itselfd is a start, but needs a lot of fixing, this whole forum has solutions to every problem that occured, really hope they read it.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Back in the day each wreckage toke an arm and a leg to build and the resources drop was way lower, you don't realize the difference between the people that played and maxed out rail jack at release. The fact that took you 1 hour to achieve contradicts what DE considered for each tier.

Right now - this is easy - But you need to buy extra slots to have 30 Completed. - I was at 22 Completed maybe a year or so after release not because I grinded hard that whole time lol - I just took my time. T_T  - I went for 22 or so to 35 in like an hour last night. And I plan on doing some Vigilance of a few that need it today just for fun.

Do you get Player has Completed X or more Wreckage or Clan BP: Tier Y rewards for only crafting(which has a 12h timer) the piece or equipment used in fusion(which cost less matts?and doesnt consume any time) wreckage to already crafted pieces also counts?

that kind of matters a lot as in my case i crafted like 10 pieces, while fused to already crafted over 50 wreckages

All other changes seem to be a neat QoL features

The only thing i dont like is the fact that you are no longer upgrading railjack mod/avionics slots ,that was a really cool idea for early game where you switched them often and instead of having to upgrade each of them,you could up the slots and get the basics while you adapt to your build trying everything out and then go hard on upgrading the mods/avionics themselves,instead we now have to forma it and use catalist/reactor

i REALLY hope we get that system back,but in sense of areal support instead of modding railjack itself

besides that,new slot sinkhole

1)slots for warframe 2)slots for weapons 3)slots for companions(thanks god sentinels and furr bags share them) 4)slots for archwing 5)slots for archwing weapons 6)nerchamech slots 7)slots for operator amps 8)slots for railjack equipment 9)slots for wreckage 11)slots for rivens 12)and now slots for crew members......

2 minutes ago, NizSka said:

So with the “avionics” and “flux” going away, what is the point to the reactor now? That was not mentioned anywhere. 

Are you ready for this ... they will give power strenght,range or speed, so yeah we wasted hours upon hours to farm the reactor we wanted, i hope they change this nonsense.

A new Dev Workshop and, again, one that shows much promise. I'm really, REALLY excited to see these changes go live and try out many of them. Very happy to streamline and unify systems that didn't make much sense to be separate to begin wiuth (Avionics and Mods, Dirac and Endo), very happy to see more mission types finally, very happy to see you guys try to improve the piloting and gunner experience... Still a lot left to be done as some comments in the thread clearly denote, but this isn't a small change and it's a welcome one here.

Regarding deleting Gian Point, I think Draco and similars showed us that there's always a best node available. While the intention is good, I don't think deleting Gian Point is going to be significant at the end of the day -- it denotes a bigger issue at hand, shared with the base game, where there's simply too many nodes with too many affinity and reward differences between them, so I'd ask to review that more.

All in all, this makes me want to play the game (and concretely this game mode) again. I can only hope for more of those Tennocon showcases becoming reality somewhere down the line (Squad link or whatever remains from those ashes).

Thanks a lot for the heads up as always Rebb :)

14 minutes ago, 700stalkar007 said:

Do you get Player has Completed X or more Wreckage or Clan BP: Tier Y rewards for only crafting(which has a 12h timer) the piece or "feeding"(which cost less matts?and doesnt consume any time) wreckage to already crafted pieces also counts?that kind of matters a lot as in my case i crafted like 10 pieces while "fead" to crafted over 50 of them

All other changes seem to be a neat QoL features

Good Question - I have a Mix of Both in the T3 Category and like 2 that I cant scrap in T1. I would assume so because they all count as Completed.

gdAG6Bj.png

Will the command intrinsics finally give me a way to fire the Tunguska cannon without needing to leave the pilot seat and sit through that ridiculous Grendizer animation? It was cute the first time but it isn't practical every time I need to take out a capital ship. I was really hoping for a way to fire the cannon from pilot seat itself. If not that then at least being able to paint the target or something as pilot and the AI can take the shot. That was the only thing keeping me from being able to solo railjack missions.

26 minutes ago, 5nak3Doctor said:

Right now - this is easy - But you need to buy extra slots to have 30 Completed. - I was at 22 Completed maybe a year or so after release not because I grinded hard that whole time lol - I just took my time. T_T  - I went for 22 or so to 35 in like an hour last night. And I plan on doing some Vigilance of a few that need it today just for fun.

Completed not owned , build and sell or valence transfer.

Il y a 17 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Early Adopters

Now for the “Early Adopters” information. Whether you’re someone that’s already ‘finished’ Railjack or have just a couple of hours under your belt - we have a variety of bundles you may be eligible for!

Player has Completed 1 or more Wreckage or Clan BP: Tier 1

1x Rush Repair Drone
2x Armament Slots
10 x Riven Slivers
Bonus Railjack Mods
- Munitions Vortex
- Battle Forge
- Particle Ram
- Void Hole
- Railjack Resource Bundle

Player has completed at least 12 Wreckage: Tier 2

- Everything in Tier 1
- 2x Rush Repair Drones
- 15 Riven Slivers
- 10,000 Endo
 -7 Day Resource and Affinity Booster
- Railjack Resource Bundle #2

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

- Everything in Tier 1 AND Tier 2
 - 3x Rush Repair Drones
 - Legendary Core
 - Umbra Forma
 - Railjack Resource Bundle #3

So still no clarifications about the Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3 despite the hundreds of messages about it if you count forums.warframe and /r/Warframe - Reddit ?

I was a very early adopter of Railjack (4*10/10 Intrinsics, all dojo Railjack researches completed, optimized MKIII stuff, all avionics maxed) and it make absolutely no sense to repair 30 wreckage when it was just smarter to skip totally the MKI and MKII stuff since it was easily doable with archwing and repairing costed way too much.

All you need is 6 repaired wreckage to have a fully optimized Railjack.

Why would you repair 30 wreckage ?

Hey, really excited to see more live for railjack. Excited to hear about the unified damage types, excited to see more reason for people who don't own railjacks to have their own loadouts, especially because it allows people to specialize their loadouts, VERY excited to hear that I can take my mech out for a spin anywhere. Less excited about the flux changes(although hildryn is going to be a great pilot now, so that's exciting; gonna need to start farming toroids.

One thing I would ask about is accessibility options. One of my friends fully doesn't want to play Warframe because it gives him so much motion sickness. Would it be possible to have a setting in the options to make the windows in a railjack opaque when not piloting them? The new bigger panoramic windows are really cool, but between the bigger windows and the smaller ship, he won't even be able to serve as engineer/boarding action repeller. I understand that it can be hard to implement what feels like minor tweaks, but it would make a huge difference to our game group

On 2021-03-08 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Necramechs Become Deployable in all Railjack missions.

If I can open my gearwheel, let me deploy it. I'll gladly use an intrinsic to make it happen, but if it's JUST deployable for Railjack content, and not across the whole starchart, that's immensely disappointing...

EDIT: March 9th's FAQ covers this. Thank you for the clarification!

40 minutes ago, NizSka said:

So with the “avionics” and “flux” going away, what is the point to the reactor now? That was not mentioned anywhere. 

There doesn't appear to be a reactor at all. If you watch the video, the new "Hull" equipment piece takes the place of the Reactor in Railjack equipment.

You guys have definitely put a lot of work and thought into it all and I appreciate you for that.

I, personally, would have liked to see:

• The addition of exploration
  • Cargo hauling (some mix of Hijack and Mobile Defense where your railjack's cargo is the defended object for periodically during a cargo hauling assignment)
  • Space mining (excavation missions) be added as a means of moving the attention from just combat to something more multi faceted.
  • A mission giver that could assign us bounties/missions/tasks similar to what we have in the other quest hub areas. and shady dealers we could use what we earn doing those missions to buy stuff from. Integrating the space going houses as actual syndicates and balancing between each of them would also have been awesome.

Cephalon Cy says the Railjack is our home and I'd have liked to see more than just combat be done in it.

Likewise, each of the syndicates appears to be, to some degree,  space faring based on the comments from CY and I'd have enjoyed transporting good to and from each of them while dealing with the chance I could get attacked en route.

Some things from the workshop I am not crazy about include:

• I'm not nuts about Integrating things like Energy as opposed to Flux / Dirac as opposed to Endo as they were differences I found appealing (It's distinctly NOT your warframe) but don't view the change as a deal breaker.
  • I do not like that the railjack's interior design has been changed to be smaller at all though... That should have been left as a player option and more than 1 railjack style should be available.  The new look is not one I like and I don't feel I should have to have it as an early adopter. I like the one I built and am rather attached to it.

At the very least players should have the option of picking from interior options and cosmetics.

Railjack skins could also have been opened up to the Workshop at this point as well to give players more options for how they want their ships to look.

I'm looking forward to trying this new iteration though and wish it success.

Archived