Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

No, I am not. With a proper build, you can get hundreds of thousands of focus in a matter of minutes in ESO. Perhaps take your own advice instead of covering your eyes and shouting "LALALA IM NOT LISTENING."

Well I'll just point out the obvious for you then seeing as you're not thinking clearly. And that is that ESO focus gains and indeed focus in any part of the game is capped for each 24 hours at 300K whereas shards can be accumulated ans spent constantly as long as you have the shards available. Your average casual 3x3 of eidolons will get you about 500K and can repeated again and again. Given that you require millions of focus to max out the focus trees, 300K a day is a really slow way of doing it. Think next time before acting sarcastic. And do me a favour, don't try and talk to me like I'm too stupid to know how to farm ESO.

Case in point, the 2 fellas above me figured it out no problem.

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You're kidding right? You really haven't thought that through you're just saying it in reflex to try and show me as wrong. Stop for a second, think for a minute and realise why your statement is wrong.

The only good aspect of focus farming via Eidolons would be the fact that the Shards dont contribute to daily Focus cap. Again though I'm not sure i would agree that alone is enough justification to do Eidolon hunting based on rewards alone.

@[DE]RebeccaEARLY ADOPTERS

We need some clarification, please.  I love railjack, and have built 14 (Weapons,Reactors, etc) and valence fusion maxed these 14, I have a max slot 0f 17 currently.  However I am 10 on all intrinsics, and nearly 500,000 dirac.  I purchased a railjack skin for plat as well as the empyrean pack.  Playing this part of the game has been great, i have 2,000+ Hull Weaves and basically every avionic... What I would like to know is at what point does having 30 weapons/gear built that you may not use equate to regular participation in Railjack.  This would be a feel bad moment for players who had hundreds of hours and spent money but did not have that one check on your list for rewards. 

Please Confirm.   Thanks

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just what is in that Reliquary?

A finger from this dude's right arm, which we will cut off in the Duviri quest with the help of our shadow twin. We've been dragging out feet on that, but we still owe him and need to go back to rescue him from the void.

Spoiler

b3vY4ON.jpeg

16 hours ago, Shifted said:

Why is railjack still mission based?
Where is the seamless transfer from orb vallis to railjack?

While not terrible, all of this is just fighting symptoms, simplifying and making it easier to start, but it doesn't really change why railjack is boring.

I wanted Warframe's No Man's Sky and I got Warframe's Star Wars Battlefront

You didn't get Waframe's Star Wars Battlefront. Star Wars Battlefront would've been an upgrade compared to this. This is like Bridge Commander or a simplified version of any other space sim. What I'd like to see is something like the OG Battlefront 2 mixed with AC Black Flag (but in space), a free-roaming, open-world-like gameplay space where you can freely travel to any planet and to select objects in space, like space stations, asteroids, random fleets out in space, and fight enemy fleets, explore, deploy and do ground missions, etc. Ship vs ship battles should play out like the OG Star Wars Battlefront 2. As for the gameplay, I'd prefer a mix of the OG Battlefront 2 and EA's Battlefront 2, with the fighter controls and environment visuals of EA's version but with the mission structure of Pandemic's version.

1 minute ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

The only good aspect of focus farming via Eidolons would be the fact that the Shards dont contribute to daily Focus cap. Again though I'm not sure i would agree that alone is enough justification to do Eidolon hunting based on rewards alone.

For a newer player who is likely the type still needing to max their arcane collection, it is decent compensation.

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

For a newer player who is likely the type still needing to max their arcane collection, it is decent compensation.

I suppose this is a fair point, though one could argue that farming Eidolons just to do Eidolons better isn't a great system but that's more fault towards the Focus system in it's current state than anything.

I like these changes but...

Why isn't Scarlet Spear statistics used as a way to handle tier 3 rewards to the people who have actually been putting up with Railjack since its messy release? why all of a sudden we have to grind even more for stuff that isn't even necessary to have an ideal Railjack in order to get the most of this "compensation"?

Idk, It just feels wrong.

1 minute ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Multiple times you made the assumption that my entire argument was based on being a greedy platinum farmer. Are you kidding?

Fair enough, I did misjudge you on that bit and I apologise. But I will maintain that I think that firstly we won't have the shop option to cherry pick arcanes in Orphix(if they have any common sense) and secondly I feel the changes will really only affect those who are farming for platinum. Newer players will still have focus, arcanes and all the quill related gear to be purchased with quill standing as their incentive.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Fair enough, I did misjudge you on that bit and I apologise. But I will maintain that I think that firstly we won't have the shop option to cherry pick arcanes in Orphix(if they have any common sense) and secondly I feel the changes will really only affect those who are farming for platinum. Newer players will still have focus, arcanes and all the quill related gear to be purchased with quill standing as their incentive.

Well yes if the store does not return and Arcanes are simply RNG mission rewards then I agree nothing needs to be done. My argument was based around the belief that the store would be returning because as I said in a previous comment the devs have stated that they have an interest in providing both methods of earning rewards in the future.

Just now, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Well yes if the store does not return and Arcanes are simply RNG mission rewards then I agree nothing needs to be done. My argument was based around the belief that the store would be returning because as I said in a previous comment the devs have stated that they have an interest in providing both methods of earning rewards in the future.

If they add the shop it's a bit dumb of them, not to say it won't happen. But even then it'll really only become the meta for arcane farming, not for focus, quill standing etc and quills have some nice things like Magus elevate for example so there is still reason to do that content. Only those hunters who do the eidolons more for the plat than for enjoyment will be affected.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If they add the shop it's a bit dumb of them, not to say it won't happen. But even then it'll really only become the meta for arcane farming, not for focus, quill standing etc and quills have some nice things like Magus elevate for example so there is still reason to do that content. Only those hunters who do the eidolons more for the plat than for enjoyment will be affected.

I still disagree with the idea that only platinum farmers will be affected as increasing Arcane rewards would be a benefit to everyone doing Eidolons, but otherwise I can see your points. Mainly about Shards because I had forgotten about the fact they dont contribute to daily focus cap. I havent farmed focus in years hah.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)xBellikx said:

Why isn't Scarlet Spear statistics used as a way to handle tier 3 rewards

Because Scarlet Spear wasn't a measure of how good your Railjack was, it was a measure of how long you could sit in Limbo's bubble without going insane and flying to Canada to build a real one around DE's headquarters.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Electrical Hazards now scramble your Mini Map and disable use of the Tactical Menu

This one really worries me.  I play with full screen map, and I feel like DE always forget that players like me exist when they mess with the map. (could every zone-in/death/trigger please stop reverting my map settings?) Also, having an entire Intrinsics tree disabled by a hazard that also means you can't warp to or track it sounds like a major FeelsBad to me.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Unified Damage Types

Railjack combat inherited a lot of the familiar Warframe damage types, but with a twist. Impact became Ballistic, Cold became Frost, and so on. We are removing the second layer of ‘Railjack’ Damage types to unify and have the system be based on what Players already spend time learning: core Warframe elements. This means that:

Ballistic = Impact
Plasma = Puncture
Particle = Slash
Frost = Cold
Ionic = Electricity
Incendiary = Heat
Chem = Toxin

Okay, but each of the Railjack damage types also have an additional status effect, like Chem's radiation style effect (Having the enemies attack each other). Are these going away or is this just a name change and the extra status effects remaining?

15 hours ago, -Yamamoto- said:

is that if Railjack is dependant on Warframe energy, what will stop people to just spam energy pizzas to spam battle abilities. We basically wont have an engineer anymore, we will have a chef that will be responsible for delivering pizzas to the pilot, gunner or other roles

Can't spam pizzas anymore. Stealth patch? Either way, pizzas have cooldowns now. 

If you see my comments on Youtube about how railjack mod that affect health and shield, disregard that. I'm too fast commenting without going to the written planned changes here.

So, in the written planned changes here, it already answered my 2 questions about health + shield mod and revolite energy.

My point still stand on the usage of warframe energy in the place of flux energy. Flux energy -> Archwing energy. I'm afraid of the spamming energy restore. Or maybe keep it as it is, just separate it individually to each tenno.

Gunnery 10 is currently horrible, making it activate for a longer time and also have a higher heat cost is just making it worse.
If anything, give us an option to just disable it while getting the Mastery out of it.
This feels like an extremely high cost down side.

Archived