Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

I feel like a lot of the ship energy resource issue could be fixed by keeping a second energy bar that's separate from the Warframe's, on the Plexus.  Allow the Plexus' energy meter to start at half at the start of a mission + have the option of a mod to start at max, and only allow the Plexus' energy to be filled by the Forge + any energy overflow over the maximum on your Warframe (at a reduced rate).  This would keep certain frames/abilities from becoming too meta (Hildryn, Protea, Lavos, etc.) without removing their benefit entirely.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Much much better than 30 wreckage.

What will happen with the extreamly versatility avionics were suppose to be in Railjack?

Plexus systems with "normal" forma system will limit our way to play different styles at Railjack. I know that forma system will be introduced, and It is a way that DE gets money from people who uses platinum on Forma.

To get the versatility It has right now, could you just create a new unique polarity for Avionic mods, and forma can only apply that new polarity?

If you want to set a maximum forma that can only be applied to 5 slot instead of 8 to avoid breaking the system with the best Avionics, It could be just good.

Furthermore, could avionic system or reactor affects the amount of points we can use on Plexus instead of "golden potato". To keep something different between warframes and Railjack, as It is still right now. 

Finally, can you allow to Pilot to shoot Railjack when going backward?? I usually shoot enemy ship when going backward so I don't loose much visibility and I can still keep in vision grineer ships.

The new update seems to be what Railjack should have been at the begining. Node that shows extactly the type of mission we will fight there, more type of missions....

I will keep the good moments when Railjack came first time and people where playing as a squad with specific jobs inside the railjack. Maybe this will be the feeling in the future RAIDs.

5 minutes ago, nebfab said:

but I think we would have enough for getting back to our previous power level and the core for that Primed Bulkhead...

I hope you are right.. I really do. 
the least they can do is allow us be at the same level we were before changes.

1:1 should apply to all Dirac spent to be honest. It’s not like they don’t have the data. 

they act like some of us didn’t put time into the game mode...  

Sounds great!  I can't imagine how much work this took.  Really excited to see how it all plays.  Surely it will take a bit more iteration given the scope of some of these changes, but this sounds very promising.

On 2021-03-08 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Aim snaps turret to lead indicator (lock-on lasts much longer than before, with small added cost to weapon heat)

This is the only part of this entire workshop that is giving me "nope" energy. It's just a bad idea to have part of a skill tree be double-edged.  Unless we can just turn these nodes on and off after we unlock them (like Focus abilities that make things cost more energy) this just makes me not want to use the final skill in the Gunnery tree.

3 minutes ago, Raptoreagle2000 said:

Spent on the grid and not the ones spent on the avionics themselves.. 

remember you spend Dirac to rank up the grid slots and spend Dirac to rank up the avionics. 

they are not the same thing. 

I was checking railjack wikia and Dirac has the same spend ration on avionics than mods with endo. The only difference is that normal mods need additional credits to upgrade.

On 2021-03-08 at 3:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tier 3:
-Full Avionic Grid Maxed+ 6 Wreckage Built (i.e all Slots have something you’ve made).

O B J E C T I O N ! ! 

We currently CANNOT equip repaired Wreckage in all 6 slots, 

as 1 of those 6 slots is the Munitions weaponry, like the Tycho Seeker missile launcher, the Milati rocket swarm 

which is ONLY acquired through Research at the Dry Dock console in Dojo.

There are currently NO Wreckage weapons for that slot. 

Did you mean having at least 6 repaired Wreckage total? For example, having multiple repaired Wreckage turrets or shields or reactors?  

Or do you mean having repaired Wreckage in all 5 slots that support it?

6 minutes ago, lhardy said:

I was checking railjack wikia and Dirac has the same spend ration on avionics than mods with endo.

True, but effectively some of the Avionics go up to e.g. rank 10 (rank 7 + 3 from the grid slot), the Endo you get from the grid slot won't take you from rank 7 to rank 10 on the new mods. That's assuming of course these new mods go up to 10 instead of getting full power at 7.

Just now, __jag__ said:

True, but effectively the Avionics go up to rank 10 (rank 7 + 3 from the grid slot), the Endo you get from the grid slot won't take you from rank 7 to rank 10 on the new mods. That's assuming of course these new mods go up to 10 instead of getting full power at 7.

I noticed the same, maybe DE will just add 3 new rank to every existing mod the want to have better stats. The problem could be that we will have to spend a lot of endo on our mods.

4 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

Question: Will wreckage infused via Valence Transfusion be counted towards the completed wreckage? I'm easily above the 30 if these count, and pretty far below if they don't...

You need 6 wreckages build and maxed avionics grid now, not 30 wreckages. Rebecca just have shown on stream what do they mean by that: all slots, integrated, battle and tactical all at tier 3.

On 2021-03-09 at 4:03 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe Energy economy is a much different world than Flux.

When I first learn that Railjack will now use warframe energy, the instant thing that came into my mind is... please also make zenurik user about to press 5 n let their operator dash out into space to create the zenurik bubble, so their Railjack can fly through the bubble and get energy regeneration. :D

3 minutes ago, Anduron_Lazul said:

O B J E C T I O N ! ! 

as 1 of those 6 slots is the Munitions weaponry, like the Tycho Seeker missile launcher, the Milati rocket swarm 

Did you mean having at least 6 repaired Wreckage total? For example, having multiple repaired Wreckage turrets or shields or reactors?  

I think It means to repair any 6 railjack components/armaments. Hope DE gets a little bit information if building Sigma components count or not.....at least It is better that trying to repair 30 components.

9 minutes ago, Anduron_Lazul said:

O B J E C T I O N ! ! 

As the initial version of the post mentioned "clan or wreckage,"  I think they meant Sigma items actually also count, even if they're built instantly... 🤔 Although, of course, well... ADD: it's so obviously exploitable I really doubt they meant that.

12 minutes ago, Anduron_Lazul said:

O B J E C T I O N ! ! 

House Ordnance confirmed?!?! 🤣

i liked what you had in store with RJ, i liked the system after i got behind it. farmed and maxed all the stuff because i enjoyed the content. now you simplify stuff for accessibility. all i was looking for was more mission variety, enemies and integration to existing content, maybe even the command intrinsic. especially dissapointed about the engineering change, that job now looks just like a fluff annoyance instead of something meaningful...but well, lets see how this turns out. written posts and ingame performance are two different things i´d say...

but i the end, about those changes, i feel robbed.

27 minutes ago, Raptoreagle2000 said:

Spent on the grid and not the ones spent on the avionics themselves.. 

remember you spend Dirac to rank up the grid slots and spend Dirac to rank up the avionics. 

they are not the same thing. 

Ah yes i see what you are saying.

Wait, so now I'm not eligible for any early adopter bundle, because I have no maxed out avionic grid slots? I tried railjack for a long time when it came out, but since I'm a solo player, I had to resource manage and spread out my dirac between slots instead of blowing it all on single slots. When the grind got to me, I decided to stop and wait for the solo player Railjack stuff. Then I saw this Dev workshop a couple of hours ago and started to repair wreckage to get to tier 2 of the early adopters bundle. Cool. And now you tell me I'm not even eligible for the tier 1 early adopters bundle anymore, because I don't have tons of dirac lying around to MAX OUT AT LEAST FOUR SLOTS? Come on -.-

@[DE]Rebecca " Integrated Mods will be separated much like Warframe mods: Personal mod slots that only benefit you, and Aura mods that benefit the Railjack and your entire squad. Aura Mods for the Plexus will simply go in the designated Aura slot, similar to how Modding your Warframe works!"

Currently Tenno can equip multiple defensive avionics (e.g, Maxima and Bulkhead and Hull Weave) on their RJ and go forth to solo with that tanky ship. However, you cannot equip multiple Aura mods on a WF and this suggests you're making defensive avionics like Maxima, Bulkhead, and Hull Weave into Plexus "Aura Mods".

So, are solo RJ Tenno about to get hit with a nerf bat, having to choose between running only one defensive avionic like Maxima, or Bulkhead, or Hull Weave, but not multiples at once?

33 minutes ago, lhardy said:

I was checking railjack wikia and Dirac has the same spend ration on avionics than mods with endo. The only difference is that normal mods need additional credits to upgrade.

Avionics have a lower maximum number of ranks than mods, and some R10 mods are shown in the pictures in the OP. A 1:1 conversion would not make a maxed out Void Hole avionic into a maxed out R10 Void Hole mod.

The plexus / avionics -> mods changes seem good ideas to simplify the experience, to connect the base game with Railjack and to avoid those griefing problems from players wasting resources. The dirac -> endo seems a good idea to connect the base game economy with the Railjack one.

Regarding Intrinsics 2.0 i hope you seriously revise Gunnery rank 10. It was as much as contested as Piloting rank 10, yet you decided to keep it and slightly change it in what i think will be an ever worst version. I sincerely don't want a pointer auto-snapping, and i don't think an added weapon heating cost is honest for a rank 10 intrinsics farm/investment.

Surely glad for the matchmaking changes, finally a streamlined experience!

Happy that you decided to rework the Railjack interior for less complexity and better connection. I just hope that your removed that pointless (and sometimes irritating) pit under the Engineering bay.

Totally against the proposition to use warframe energy pool to power Railjack abilities: i) It will surely induce meta-frame choice tunneling, excessive abilities spam and most probably several exploits that you will have to fix in front of enraged "DE-nerfing-bad" players; ii) it will belittle the (already poor) role of the engineering bay. Regarding abilities spam, i also hope that you'll revise the OPness of void hole/tether (yes i'm advocating for a nerf).

Curious for the new "Volatile" mission type (in the last devstream you were hinting at something challenging), disappointed for Defense and Exterminate...i was hoping for something innovative. And Orphix.... is not Railjack....

Happy about Railjack void cracking, finally! Now i just have some concerns regarding the (probable) forma investment for the queenpins weapons...rank 40 kuva weapons left a very bad taste in my mouth and the arrival of corpus lich weapons is already making my stomach turmoil in acid.

Thanks for the clarifications in the FAQS

On 2021-03-08 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Aim snaps turret to lead indicator (lock-on lasts much longer than before, with small added cost to weapon heat)

Looks like the max gunnery level is still 9. Gunnery 10 ruined using the turrets for me and is a huge reason I don't play railjack missions anymore. Anything that takes control of the mouse is incredibly obnoxious and feels awful. I currently don't have any suggestions for making it better, but anything that affects aim should be avoided in my opinion. Improving accuracy or projectile speed (or range in the case of photor). As long as it doesn't take control of my mouse or aim, I'll be happy.

@[DE]Rebecca

About the RJ crew

What is the difference between recruited crews from Ticker, our converted Liches/Queenpins and the "Elites" you guys are still working on?

• From what I noticed below, It seems practical to just use Liches and not bother recruiting from Ticker since a homogeny of  said defensive powerhouses just make sense to waste time training with. I got seven Liches now, more than enough to fill the three slots needed for solo gameplay

Additionally, converted Kuva Liches are available for Crewing your Railjack as a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat.

• Do the "Elites" mentioned undergo the same training like the regular ones? if that is the case, it seems more practical to just wait for them
  • Are the converted Liches/Queenpins the "Elite" crews mentioned?  it will be practical to choose them over Tickers personnel because they have more colourful characteristics and inherent immunities/resistances 
  • From the video, seems like different syndicate personnel carry a better stat than others, will converted Liches/Queenpins and Elites eventually carry their own stats too? 

I noticed each recruited crew needs a 20p inventory slot, affordable I suppose, but if I am spending platinum for them it might as well be the best crew possible so I am curious about the details revolving around them.

hace 2 horas, 5nak3Doctor dijo:

This poor, poor workshop thread. There's some really good (IMHO) feedback in here, but it's getting drowned out by (valid!) worries about the current criteria for the "early adopter" compensation.

This îîî is pure truth

3 minutes ago, Major_Gentlebear said:

Wait, so now I'm not eligible for any early adopter bundle, because I have no maxed out avionic grid slots? I tried railjack for a long time when it came out, but since I'm a solo player, I had to resource manage and spread out my dirac between slots instead of blowing it all on single slots. When the grind got to me, I decided to stop and wait for the solo player Railjack stuff. Then I saw this Dev workshop a couple of hours ago and started to repair wreckage to get to tier 2 of the early adopters bundle. Cool. And now you tell me I'm not even eligible for the tier 1 early adopters bundle anymore, because I don't have tons of dirac lying around to MAX OUT AT LEAST FOUR SLOTS? Come on -.-

I know this sucks, but you still might be able to get to tier 2.

Upgrading a grid slot from rank 0 to 3 is 2600 Dirac, so at most you'll need 18200 Dirac for 7 slots. Have a look at how much unused wreckage and avionics you have lying around. Hell, keep 3 repaired wreckage and one of each avionic and scrap _everything_ else (upgraded avionics and repaired wreckage too). Turn it all into Dirac now (with a slight loss) to get to tier 2 instead of getting Endo in 2 weeks and no tier 2. And you've got a week or two to farm.

Archived