Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

Thank you for all the hard work to make Railjack  up to its potential! Im excited with most of these changes and hope in excitation they make railjack a bit more accessible and fun! Slightly off topic but a long time ago before railjack was coming out you guys announced 3 skins only two came out would this skin be in the pipeline at all? It is the one I was REALLY excited about and i was sad to see it not made. EHMjHzWXYAIm1iW.jpg

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Amadeus_the_Executioner:

Too bad. I liked the "30 wrackage "completed"" better. It represents the early adopters more. Well cant have everything.

No, the exact opposite! Crafting was NOT encuraged from the start!

Insane resource costs, low resource drop chances, low resources on drop, low misson rewards, asymtetric stat allocation between the houses and the missing of fusions, meant that really early adopters did not craft anything that didnt have perfect stats!

I remember my Clan used my RJ and we pooled together, and even then i never built a single MK1 or MK2 item. We did everything with AW so save up resources and hid the RJ at the edge of the map;

I did 2-3 MK3 Cores because that was the important part to get the avionics to work

3 MK3 Guns. I still own all 3

1 MK3 Shield array from a lucky drop with good stats

2 MK3 Engines

and 1 seeker from the clan artillery research

I fused 1 engine and 1 core to make them perfect when fusion was released (but i did not need to build extras for that as i kept the first ones)

So now i'm maxed out with 10 Wreckage built (If the part from clan research even counts as wreckage built) but did not even qualify for Tier2...
Tell me how that " represents the early adopters more"

10 minutes ago, PsychoSunshine said:

Looks like the max gunnery level is still 9. Gunnery 10 ruined using the turrets for me and is a huge reason I don't play railjack missions anymore.

Good news! We get to respec our Intrinsics, so this time around we can leave it at rank 9 and put those extra 512 points towards the Command line right away.

19 minutes ago, __jag__ said:

I know this sucks, but you still might be able to get to tier 2.

Upgrading a grid slot from rank 0 to 3 is 2600 Dirac, so at most you'll need 18200 Dirac for 7 slots. Have a look at how much unused wreckage and avionics you have lying around. Hell, keep 3 repaired wreckage and one of each avionic and scrap _everything_ else (upgraded avionics and repaired wreckage too). Turn it all into Dirac now (with a slight loss) to get to tier 2 instead of getting Endo in 2 weeks and no tier 2. And you've got a week or two to farm.

I just started 12 wreckage repairs for a reward that doesn't exist anymore. I don't have enough wreckage to get that much dirac. And I only have about 350 dirac left. Solo RJ is not was not very generous and burned me out hard, so I'm also not really willing to grind more either until the new stuff is out. It just feels like a gut punch.

Edit: Just checked; scrapping everything wouldn't even give me enough dirac for 3 maxed out slots. And that's counting the slots I already upgraded to tier 2. So yeah, that doesn't really help me unfortunatel :(

vor 1 Minute schrieb Major_Gentlebear:

I just started 12 wreckage repairs for a reward that doesn't exist anymore. I don't have enough wreckage to get that much dirac. And I only have about 350 dirac left. Solo RJ is not was not very generous and burned me out hard, so I'm also not really willing to grind more either until the new stuff is out. It just feels like a gut punch.

aslong as its building you can cancel for a full refund

In order to avoid a humongous amount of post-release salt, just put a new stat in the player profile (or current Railjack interface) stating how many "wreckage" a player has completed...

Also, might be a good idea to balance the "wreckage" math according to tier, to avoid a hysterical and crazed tier 1 building spree during the upcoming weeks...

- - -

Changing RJ takes guts, kudos for that. Streamlining might be good as well, though the main thing I've really missed with Railjack so far was building and outfitting my own spaceship. At the start everything was unnecessarily complex (the different brands of equipment were a nice touch, having them only drop from obscure enemy spaceships with ridiculous drop chance was a really dumb touch). Also the actual avionic system was quite counter-intuitive, and then the changes rolled in making everything too easy and nothing mattered anymore. A simple schematic of your ship with specific slots for specific mod types would have sufficed (like designing spaceships in MoO, but with better graphics 🙂). Overall the combination of really easy missions and RJ maxed equipment and weaponry having very little impact on anything finally killed any last remnant of min-max tinkering with your Railjack. It became an unkillable tank without any flavors, a sort of "uber for space".

But removing a lot of the unnecessary complications is actually also a good way to lay a functional foundation for more meaningful tinkering, so I still have hope for my own perfectly flavored and min-maxed Railjack... 😉

Just now, Major_Gentlebear said:

I just started 12 wreckage repairs for a reward that doesn't exist anymore.

If you click on the item under repair, next to the giant "rush" button is a smaller button of a crossed out wrench which will let you cancel the repair for a full refund.

HUH... I SHOULD have all the criteria for Tier 3 'early adopter'; since I ground for every part and repaired a bunch of gear (and yes; all my slots have been 'found, repaired  & valenced') plus my grid(s) were all maxed out for each socket. 

Yeah... I'm a keener.  What can I say, I was a player of the original B&W vector graphic 'Elite' back in the day, so of course I worked my heiney off to get the best toys ASAP especially for Scarlet Spear.

I already posted in another thread my utter disdain for the salt-spreaders.  I am looking forwards to the changes to the 'Jacks.
I know the new learning curve is gonna take some getting used to and won't be perfect out of the gate, but honestly, everything I've seen and read is a quantum-leap improvement ... yes even the reduction of interior space on the RJ (seeing as how we're not allowed to decorate them yet, don't NEED all that volume) is a plus.

To the [DE] Devs and troops in the trenches; keep on evolving this game.  It may not always be pretty, it may sometimes suck and be knee-jerk (emphasis on JERK, re; Melee-nerfs incoming🤬) kick-to-the-teeth rage inducing, but I.M.not.H.O. the changes are never...ever boring.

~Stay safe.
keep the faith.
...and ALWAYS keep your skana sharp.👍:community:

16 minutes ago, Cyloss said:

aslong as its building you can cancel for a full refund

2 minutes ago, __jag__ said:

If you click on the item under repair, next to the giant "rush" button is a smaller button of a crossed out wrench which will let you cancel the repair for a full refund.

Thx, just did that.

Still doesn't really help me much with the other stuff, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Anduron_Lazul said:

O B J E C T I O N ! ! 

We currently CANNOT equip repaired Wreckage in all 6 slots, 

as 1 of those 6 slots is the Munitions weaponry, like the Tycho Seeker missile launcher, the Milati rocket swarm 

which is ONLY acquired through Research at the Dry Dock console in Dojo.

There are currently NO Wreckage weapons for that slot. 

Did you mean having at least 6 repaired Wreckage total? For example, having multiple repaired Wreckage turrets or shields or reactors?  

Or do you mean having repaired Wreckage in all 5 slots that support it?

I hope the thing about having an item in each slot was more a reference to what 6 would look like and any built wreckage in our inventory counts as well.

I dunno if DE are reading this deep into this topic, but there are a few papercut level issues with RJ flow that I'd still like to see addressed:

• When I warp from the pilot seat to the slingshot, my Warframe faces the slingshot but the camera faces away from it, so hitting W moves me in the wrong direction.
  • When I go to select my next mission, I'm sometimes zoomed into a different Proxima than where I'm currently at (depends on Orbiter location?)
  • When I e.g. start a repair or extinguish a fire from the tactical mini map, I can't warp within the ship until the other action is done. Can be worked around by warping, then repairing, but this restriction seems unnecessary.
  • I prefer the overlay map, but starting the next mission resets it to top left corner mini map (just like extraction zones do, *grumble*)

1 minute ago, __jag__ said:

When I warp from the pilot seat to the slingshot, my Warframe faces the slingshot but the camera faces away from it, so hitting W moves me in the wrong direction.

I noticed that before, the camera always faces where it was when you warped.

1) Will Dirac used to upgrade avionics be refunded as Endo?

I noticed that the mods in the screenshots don't have the same number of ranks as the corresponding avionics (eg - Bulkhead has 7 avionic ranks and just 5 mod ranks, yet both start with the same 6 drain.)

So, you spend 1,270 Dirac to fully upgrade it, versus 310 Endo (@ -2 ranks), not to mention how you would transfer partially upgraded avionics (what upgrade rank would a Bulkhead have if the avionic was rank 6?).

I assume they are fully refunding all upgraded avionics and resetting them to rank 0, since rank 0 common mods/avionics will scrap/dissolve into 5 dirac/endo, but wanted to make sure.

2) Will Intrinsic refunds include what would have been earned if Intrinsics didn't have an artificial cap?

Unlike Endo or Dirac, there's no way to stockpile Intrinsics, even though they should have been earned while playing. DE SHOULD have made players earn intrinsics by playing different roles (eg - shoot down x enemies for Gunnery, pilot y km for Piloting, etc.), that way they could add tasks that were for Command. Instead, I feel like I wasted that time playing beyond maxing the Intrinsics.

I wish there are Tier 4 or more early adaptor bundles.

Tier 3:
-Full Avionic Grid Maxed+ 6 Wreckage Built (i.e all Slots have something you’ve made).

so, I get the same Tier 3 bundle

with 37 MK III Wreckage built & maxed out (1 of each type gun/engine/shield/etc),

as the same as who only has 6 of any MK I.

hmmmmmmm, I am not too sure about this.

1 Dirac to 1 endo is nice tho. 

I think I am getting 500k+ endo instantly when this update drops.

no need to endo farm anymore!

With the Early Adopters dilemma addressed let's get into the serious issues.

1. Gunnery & Engineering Rank 10

Gunnery Rank 10 currently is a 100% NERF to the player. (Requires Turret Velocity to make a buff.)

The new Gunnery Rank 10 is an even BIGGER nerf. In addition to guaranteeing the player will miss their shots because 90% of Railjack weapons are NOT hit scan. It now penalizes the player by increasing heat build up?!

Also...the upcoming Railjack Status changes completely cancel Engineering Rank 10.

Electric Malfunction disrupts the tactical map which completely invalidates Engineering Rank 10. (That's a very bad thing.)

Also, I feel that the discussion over Railjack rewards needs to be had.

With Gian Point being removed the affinity of missions needs to SIGNIFICANTLY get overhauled, but also the rewards.

Railjack missions are the longest in the entire game...and they are also the least rewarding.

The reason Gian Point was so popular was because it was one of the extremely few "short" missions. It made the horrible drop rates and low loot bearable to the playerbase.

All other missions were 20min+ time investments...and almost always for a pinch of already stocked up on resources, a single relic, or some Direc. Which like the Requiem Relic loot table is absolutely demoralizing to players.

With Call of Tempestari around the corner I believe we should discuss these loot tables. Railjack missions NEED to be a loot pinata. Period.

And Void Storms need to allow multiple relics to be opened. Spending 20-40mins on a Railjack mission for 1 cracked relic will make the mode deader on arrival than Stalker mode would have been.

11 minutes ago, Ling083 said:

I wish there are Tier 4 or more early adaptor bundles.

so, I get the same Tier 3 bundle

with 37 MK III Wreckage built & maxed out (1 of each type gun/engine/shield/etc),

as the same as who only has 6 of any MK I.

hmmmmmmm, I am not too sure about this.

1 of each type/house Mk III gun, engine, reactor, and shield is still only 24 built wreckages. Not sure why 13 built duplicates is something relevant, most of us valence fused way more than that into our 24 wreckages.

I want to talk about the command part of the intrinsic. Here are some things I want to see from this;

·       Besides syndicate and kuva lich npcs, they should include new npcs like Dax soldiers, zealots from nightwave and any other npcs in the future.

·       Make the kuva liches be able to be customisable like the crew and make those customisations carry over when they appear in other missions.

·       The squad should work in the same way as in Mass Effect where you can command them to do certain things by using the gear wheel e.g. attack, stay, summon, send back to ship etc.

·       The npc should be able to pilot the railjack, use the guns and sort out repairs on the railjack.

·       Give them the function to be able to revive you and any fallen npcs.

·       Since they are apart of your team, they should have one ability that can help while in the mission e.g. the ability to levitate enemies in the air.

·       The guns they are equipped with should be as effective as the mods you put on them.

·       If you pick the syndicate NPC, the customisation should carry over to them in syndicate missions.

We should have the ability to be able to add decorations on our railjack. I also I still feel like the controls are a bit off on controllers so this needs to be revisited again.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Toolriz said:

What happened to converted liches being crew mates in our railjack? Was that idea scrapped?

they come with command, she just didnt mention, but it was mentioned before

1 minute ago, -Augustus- said:

1 of each type/house Mk III gun, engine, reactor, and shield is still only 24 built wreckages. Not sure why 13 built duplicates is something relevant, most of us valence fused way more than that into our 24 wreckages.

each engine,shield & reactor has different passive (within the same type)

so, technically you are right, but no, there are 37 different wreckages if u go all the way.

Spent 120 plat on armament slots because they said I needed 30 completed wrecks. Now they change it into the 6 wrecks I had and a fully maxed grid which I also had.

Excuse me, I'll go scream some profanities outside for a few minutes.

Archived