Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I realized that all of my avionics appear to be...gone

Not gone... there was a rework a while ago (got rid of having multiple house variants of avionics), so all your stuff is still there, but un-upgraded and the Dirac refunded. If you had 2 house Zekti, 3 house Vidar and 1 house Lavan of an avionic and it got normalized to Lavan, you now should have 6 of those in your inventory somewhere. Make sure you're filtering on all Avionics.

1 hour ago, jay5689 said:

Does the wreckage just need to be done?

Suggest you fully reread her post. But here is the TL;DR version.

DevWorkshop_FAQ.thumb.png.daa9417ba1d1a5

All slots must have something built AND Avionics Grid maxed. The Grid costs 39k Dirac. And a repaired Engine, Shield Gen., Reactor, Forward Turrest, Side Turret, and Dorsal Heavy Turret (eg. Tyco Seeker).

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see how most of these changes are gonna shake things up and hopefully make for a greater. more streamlined experience.  That said, I do have some feedback to give regarding the intrinsics.

-Piloting 7: necramech speed +10% - feel like should be merged in with r8's upgrade (+20% archwing speed), and we get something new for r7.  Necramech speed +10% is pretty underwhelming as an upgrade on its own.

-Gunnery 5(?): necramech gun damage increase- I assume this is meant to be archguns as that's what necramechs use, and as such I assume this would benefit use in necramechs, archwings, and heavy weapon deployment? If it doesn't, then it sure as heck should.  Also, what happened to the Tunguska Cannon?  Is that just going to be available for use any time regardless of intrinsic rank?

-Gunnery 9: Drifting reduces heat buildup -50%, increasing weapon damage +50%.- with the new changes stating that pilots can't shoot while boosting, this needs some changes if its going to be worthwhile for pilots/solo-players.  Unless i'm misremembering something (been awhile since I've last messed with RJ), drifting requires you to be boosting to do it, and  unless this is counted differently than regular boosting, this upgrade will essentially be useless for pilots, aka the people who are controlling the drift/boost who can make use of it most effectively.

-Gunnery 10: lock on + added heat cost - permanent "upgrades" should not have negative side-effects - personally i wouldn't mind if this entire upgrade was changed to something completely different as I dont find the lock on all that useful, especially when certain weapons require you to lead shots more.

-Engineering 2: 50% reduction for air support cooldown - nice, if more air support types were worth using - most of them are in some serious need of buffs/changes.

il y a 9 minutes, LillyRaccune a dit :

Suggest you fully reread her post. But here is the TL;DR version.

DevWorkshop_FAQ.thumb.png.daa9417ba1d1a5

All slots must have something built AND Avionics Grid maxed. The Grid costs 39k Dirac. And a repaired Engine, Shield Gen., Reactor, Forward Turrest, Side Turret, and Dorsal Heavy Turret (eg. Tyco Seeker).

I mean those referring to good ones? , Or sell it or other things can also be counted

2 minutes ago, jay5689 said:

I mean those referring to good ones?

Mixed opinions. Some players think if you craft just any MK-1 components, that that will be sufficient to qualify you for Tier 3 reward. But for me, and to play it safe, I would repair only MK-3 wreckage.

Here is a post of someone who thinks repairing MK-1 wreckage is good. I can neither confirm nor deny any such claims though.

19 minutes ago, jay5689 said:

I mean those referring to good ones? , Or sell it or other things can also be counted

That's referring to repaired (good, not broken) parts, yes. So you have to repair it. Scrapping for Dirac won't count, and I'm not sure if fusing a broken into a repaired part counts, so to play it safe you should make sure to have 3 (for tier 2) or 6 (for tier 3) repaired parts, doesn't matter if it's Mk I, II or III.

Or did you mean good in the sense of higher rank? So Mk III instead of Mk I?

On 2021-03-08 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

One other important change to note about the energy economy - as part of the transition from Railjack-based Avionics to player-based Harnesses, Battle/Tactical abilities will now be fueled by Warframe energy, and Flux Energy will be completely removed from the game (any Avionics that relate to it will be converted to Endo). This allows players with existing tools for Energy generation to better integrate those tools into regular Railjack gameplay, further intertwining the two sides of the game. Now - let’s talk about Reactors. They exist to give you Avionics Capacity, and Flux Energy. Both of those things are now removed, so the new role of Reactors is to provide Power Strength, Range, or Duration buffs to Railjack Battle Avionics being used aboard the ship!

Avionic costs and capabilities will be rebalanced accordingly with this new energy economy. Our Update Notes will have the final information here as we are still actively balancing this.

The whole rebalancing overall sounds great, but this section is a MASSIVE turn off for me.  The last thing i want in my Railjack gameplay is to have to have my frame and build choice limited by my ability to generate energy.  The Railjack is a huge old war ship, it can generate its own energy, and it should not be influenced by my frame choice.  The way I typically build to avoid energy concerns is by having arcane energize, and that requires combat.  I have my current Railjack pretty well min-maxed, and I enjoy piloting.  Should the above system be implemented, I would have to start intermittently hopping out of the driver seat to place energy pads of all things, which would be far from enjoyable for a flowing experience.  Furthermore, I'd also have to use frames with flow.  To end an overall rant, implementing this to would detract from freedom to use what players enjoy, by limiting the viable frame and build choices JUST FOR PILOTING THE SHIP.  I do not want this, in any way, shape or form.  Railjack ability usage should come from the Railjack itself, and I should be able to build it to be self sustainable, or sustainable with a little periodic engineering, regardless of what I decide to bring to fight my enemies, and I strongly request that you reconsider this course of action.

The more I look at this the more I think a rework wasn't needed.  Just make it easy for new players to get in, release command tree for solo players, and most importantly varied / fun content.  

For example:  Sentient kraken, big as railjack. Needs copious turret fire to bring down shields opening up for fwd artillery to blow off a tentacle (8 of them?)  Also periodically wraps ship causing havoc- requires  1 or 2 archwings to deploy to shoot it off.

Here's how I wish archwing / rail jack fights would go down from a favorite oldie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2Pn7CslOE&t=160s

Firstly I want to thank DE for being one of the best gaming companies out there (imo). For constantly pumping out free content and never going back on their Free to Play promise, the amazing way they respond to the community and truly listen to what the players have to say and the fact that they always come through on content promises, even if it does take longer than anticipated. I mean that Hydroid trailer, right? Or how about the relay overhauls? I have some feedback on this most recent workshop I hope to see addressed

Some of my concerns on the upcoming changes are this:

I am seeing that our Hull, Armor, and Shields stats will be a new separate upgrade through resources and we will be refunded >endo< for these Avionics that are owned and upgraded (soon to be mods) but that seems counter-productive to me. Should we not be given these "new resources" to upgrade our Hull instead, so that way all players who have completely maxed our railjacks as I have don't have to be kicked back to square one and have to regrind what we've already earned?

Most changes I'll admit I'm excited for, even the smaller railjack as I feel that center room was a waste of space since it really served no purpose, though I feel maybe the no shooting while sprinting should be reviewed. For instance: if you are "soft sprinting" you should be able to fire but when you are charging for a drift then I guess that's okay. I say this because most missions I end up running solo b/c not many play railjack and it will probably die off again after everyone plays it for a month or so (and I don't really enjoy the idea of relying on AI to do the fighting for me). If nothing else maybe it can be added into the pilot tree of intrinsics.

One final thing to bring up is Flux being removed from railjacks. Now anybody who got 10/10/10/10 knows that the intrinsic grind is real, and a big part of that grind was crafting through the forge, IE pumping out the flux energy. That being said, I have mixed feelings about this change. On one hand I'm excited to not have to abandon the pilot seat in the middle of a gun fight to recharge my abilities- but on the other I now know earning intrinsics for the new command branch will be 50% harder as ammo and flux have been removed from crafting as well as repairing breaches. My thoughts to solve this issue would be to slightly up the intrinsic gain for all actions to compensate the loss of crafting gains in order to keep the grind from being so extreme and I know when the time comes I wont be the only one to say this.

All in all though I truly am excited to see what this update will bring and I have been excited to deploy my personal Kuva Lich army in missions as well as my Mech. I gotta say please please make the mechs available world-wide soon as I found myself really looking forward to it when it was announced and then Orphix Venom came and I thought "Oh hey here we are with testing phase it'll probably roll out soon after this event" and then... nothing, which took the wind right out of my sails. So I quit playing all together out of boredom (and burnout) I've been a tenno since Sept. 2014 and will always come back to this game but there are a few kinks that have kinda turned me off recently. That being said, I do look forward to being excited to play again.

So the first post has been updated, but was the 30-wreckages requirement for tier 3 reward has been erased or not? Because now it says only 6 are needed, and for the obvious 'RJ Resources/Dirac sink before it got converted into Endo' the payout except the Umbral Forma was not worth it; if can't be called outright trap. The resources taken by those repairs alone can substitute BOTH the resource pack AND the repair drones acquired, not to mention the Dirac/Endo.    

Overall the update feels not like 'oh, we have a new idea so we can possibly improve this' but like 'oh, nobody played this mode so we'll make it MUCH MORE complicated than it was and put the 'rework' logo on it so people can experience recycled content'. Not everything needs to be reworked. Like that one new corpus ship defense map, where enemies getting stuck everywhere due to complicated level layout and pathing so you need to spend extra time chasing enemies; this update feels just like that. Avionics having their own slots is okay, why now trying to 'force' players into co-op and regrind with the harness system? Because you don't want anybody to get head start, which is entirely justified? And there's the 'increased lockon but at cost of heat accretion', it's basically punishing people who can't follow the targeting reticle because they played with controllers, and pushes players to utilize tactics like Void Hole/Tether to clear enemies instead of having a good dogfight, which is BAD against shielded enemies. But hey, everything as planned for you guys: that means more time wasted chasing enemies and being gunned instead of clearing the mission! This is why the recent updates has been a miss: devs, you guys need to start learning why the current situation happens before trying to 'remedy' it with rework. Erasing Gian Point because people camps there? There's a good reason why it's the most favored spot: *there's no bullcrap side missions, only a quick run-gun-repeat, which is ultimately the base of Warframe.* No 'park somewhere else unless you wanted your RJ to be boarded/shot by missiles', no 'hey, navigate this to kill a boss in oneshot' crap. Just shoot and clear. And yet you guys removed that...because it's too monotone? Heck, then remove all defense missions. Remove all mobile defense missions, they're monotonous as #*!%.

This trend of 'rework because we can't do better' thing needs to stop before warframe getting more ruined than it is now. With melee/gun rework coming nearer, if this standard of 'fixing' still being held, then it's going to be another bandaid 'fix' before future rework gonna undo it again, just like how it happens in the first place.

Move rank 10 gunnery (snap to target lock-on) to rank 9

Rank 10 gunnery then becomes the ability to shoot while boosting in railjack. This would help solo players and give a good thing to bring to the team. it also mixes the intrinsic classes together.

We also need to be able to toggle intrinsics on and off as players will want the mastery but the way blink is proposed makes me never want to get level 10. blink should be your 5th ability button which is what we usually use for transference on a regular warframe but is disabled when using arch wing and railjack.

Also, are these intrinsics able to be used in core railjack? can I use overseer in say a spy mission to teach it?

On 2021-03-09 at 4:03 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Avionics to Mods

Now let’s talk AVIONICS. Before you even think of departing, you’ll want to revisit your Railjack’s Avionics, which have been redone as... Railjack MODS!

Does this mean all our current owned avionics will be turned into the new railjack mods?

This goes first because I lack the words to describe how damaged the RJ experience is with the loss of its avionics fitting screen.  Now its just the mod screen.  No ship art.  Just another array in a computer game's DB.  Its the same sad sameness I felt when the avionics variants went away, although I understand why that needed to happen.

I'm am also upset about the damage types going away.  They were unique and made sense.  Now we are going to be shooting toxin? In space?  Color me sad.  I hope we don't have curve issues again because of damage stacking or lack there of.

I didn't find the RJ too large because I learned how to use the tactical teleport.  Didn't everyone... Oh, they didn't know that.  I hope its new dimensions better match the external proportions, because thats the only way I'm going to like this change.  

I'd like to keep my stamina bar for the ability to outrun boarding pods in reverse WHILE shooting them down, thanks.  Guess I have to rely on the NPC gunners to do that now.  They will shoot at those? Right?  

I hope my RJ is actually faster.  I set it to be the fastest and with the mod changes and base speed changes, I'm naturally skeptical.

You know, there was something refreshing about not having the RJ stations dependent on Warframe stats and abilities.  Now I'm going to be needing a Dispenser on the bridge all the time.  Energy Siphons for all (boring, should stay separate).  
Seriously NO: There is no balance in WF energy.  I can bring a practically endless supply of pizza and energize a dispenser.  I fear the buttons will need to be too expensive or too weak to use if they are balanced with this "activation cost" in mind.  There needs to be a limit so the buttons can be tuned to feel strong and not break the game.  Please keep my WF's stats out of the Piloting experience.  I want to max min them separately ;)

My thinking is not a fan of individualized resource pools.  It is the best of all the worlds because you can get away without ever using the forge and just rely on regeneration: or you can go for extra cheese and make sure everyone spams their stuff before the engineer makes more.  OH and make sure you swap seats on the main gun everyone uses their dome charges too!  I think thats enough ammo to fire everything basically non-stop if you rotate 4 battle forges.  Is this a problem?  I want it to be a problem because those buttons should be impactful enough to not want to or be able to spam them.

Gunnery 10 needs to be a multi second reliable auto aim or reworked and replaced.  Its description portrays no other purpose.
Is it possible to use Engineering 10 to repair electrical damage?

Can Gian Point be memorialized somehow?  Maybe a relay, or have it show up in a quest?  A cosmetic decoration perhaps?  Something more than a throw away line.

As a long time player and MR30, Railjack was honestly one of the best updates to come to the game.  I absolutely loved it, but it did get stale a little after Scarlet Spear.  With a fully upgraded RJ that lets me easily solo every mission, there really wasn't much point because all I got was mostly more RJ rewards I didn't need. 

I am loving all of these updates and seriously can't wait.  Thanks for keeping the game fresh.  I'm really excited about the thought of cracking relics!  

I do have a few concerns though:

1) Will we be able to crack relics with the same expediency as non-RJ missions?

2) Are we still at the mercy of the hosts RJ weapon choices?  A lot of Tenno chose cryophon for the side turrets.  It's a good choice for the pilot but very poor for side turrets imo and resulted in me not touching them.  It would be very nice if we got to utilize our turrets instead.

3) Will there be any sort of measures taken against afk Tenno?  I play on 3 platforms and have seen many Tenno hop on a turret and won't even fire.  It's incredibly common and even running sentient ship, they'll just chill on the turret the whole time and afk reap the rewards.  It is probably my biggest issue with RJ, particularly when I can use overseer to confirm they are doing absolutely nothing for multiple missions in a row.  No other modes have this sort of leeching like RJ does.

Solutions: Vote to kick so we don't have to return to Dry Dock to leave/remake squad, Allow reporting of afk users, automatic warnings that eventually result in temp ban from matchmaking like other games use.

On 2021-03-08 at 8:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Lavos / Hildryn, and why Warframe energy - seems scary!
Firstly, Lavos and Hildryn are all up and running with cool downs and Shield-as-energy on Railjack, respectively. Secondly - yeah, it is scary! It’s a big change, and the Warframe Energy economy is a much different world than Flux. There have been some seriously great responses to this part of the Dev Workshop, and when we caveated everything in the workshop with ‘expect changes’, we had it in the back of our minds that this part would be most at risk for thrash. This answer serves one purpose: to let you know what we are reviewing this right now, and we will provide details on any plan revisions when they are final. 

So... why would anyone not take Hildryn? Fast recharge - especially with fast deflection and whatever the nightmare mod is and you don't even need to leave your seat to spam zenurik (the standard practice for completely removing energy consumption as a balancing factor in the rest of the game). Since missile spam already has a fairly long cooldown on its own, I'll never not be vomiting out rockets.

I think Brozime said it best. Rank 10 gunnery perk has to go. Anything is better in that slot than a hinder to it's cool down. As well as it would be awesome to get off this replica of Mt Everest I made out of cabbage in a void storm and crack 5-10 or 20 relics in one shot! Love all the hard work your studio does and can't wait to see where the years takes us 😃

30 minutes ago, larsonsier said:

2) Are we still at the mercy of the hosts RJ weapon choices?  A lot of Tenno chose cryophon for the side turrets.  It's a good choice for the pilot but very poor for side turrets imo and resulted in me not touching them.  It would be very nice if we got to utilize our turrets instead.

I've had other captains tell me they do that to keep people off the turrets on purpose, to protect their flux and ordinance and encourage people to be on objectives.  For the record, twin Zetki Carcinnox.  Hopefully everyone will make sensible choices now. 

9 hours ago, Shemarria said:

What can I say, I was a player of the original B&W vector graphic 'Elite' back in the day, so of course I worked my heiney off to get the best toys ASAP especially for Scarlet Spear.

Yup, it's the only computer game to ever give me real (blood)blisters. Played Elite on a C64 over a Xmas-New Year break in another galaxy a long time ago, with a new handheld joystick (an "Epyx ergonomic", if I remember correctly and if someone else wants to visit memory lane...). Until my fingers bled, literally. 🙂

That is what the new Railjack should be aiming for. Not the bloodblisters, but that kind of engagement with "your RJ". Improving it, polishing it, learning how to handle it and taking it out on hair-raising missions in space. For loot, credits and experience of course, that never changes. 🙂

1 hour ago, larsonsier said:

3) Will there be any sort of measures taken against afk Tenno?  I play on 3 platforms and have seen many Tenno hop on a turret and won't even fire.  It's incredibly common and even running sentient ship, they'll just chill on the turret the whole time and afk reap the rewards.  It is probably my biggest issue with RJ, particularly when I can use overseer to confirm they are doing absolutely nothing for multiple missions in a row.  No other modes have this sort of leeching like RJ does.

Very good points.

2) In a "real team" railjack the pilot can slow down (= cc) enemy spaceships if he/she is good with the Cryophon, allowing the gunners to quickly pick them off. Not that it currently matters (since nothing can actually hurt a fully equipped railjack), but if we get enemies that are actually dangerous...

But even so I think it should be "owner's choice". The idea that some random player gets to affect how MY Railjack is equipped is abhorrent... (even if someone thinks I've equipped it wrong).

3) There is nothing I hate as much in the game as I hate leechers, and there is a special place in hell for RJ leechers, and in the 7th circle of hell for RJ leechers occupying gun positions in Railjack. They truly are the lowest of the low. And this subsubsubclass of Tennos seem to be rather well represented, for them it is a thing to fish around for a RJ mission, go sit down at a gun and then just leave Warframe and do something else.

It got to the point that I decided I will abort rather than let the leecher leech, which in turn led to a point where I never run open missions anymore. Unless DE comes up with a mechanic that lets me get rid of a leecher, I will continue to do so. I will only go solo or with friends, even if I really think Railjack has great potential for team play with an extra teamplay "buff" coming from ready-made onboard and mission roles.

Having a "vote" to remove leechers isn't enough for me either, since I will NOT help a leecher. If the rest of team voted for allowing the leecher to stay I would still abort. There is nothing anyone can do or say that will "force" me to play with a leecher. And since aborting hurts two innocent players and there is a surprising number of RJ leechers, the only logical conclusion is going solo. Or with friends.

What I want is an "eject button" for the RJ captain (owner). It doesn't have to eject the player immediately, there could be a 60 sec timer before the eject actually happens, allowing the player to start playing again. It could be something else. But unless it is a system that allows for effective leech-removal I will use my own eject button: "abort mission". Or go solo.

Archived