Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

16 minutes ago, Fanzschnabs said:

Also, it seems even DE forgot about chem being more of a "radiation" equivalent... 

I'm at 10/9/9/8 in intrinsics  if I remember correctly, and I've played railjack for a while (less lately), I've got pretty much everything maxed (to the point of having MULTIPLE cases of having a SECOND +60% BONUS of the "same-weapon-same-house"MK3 , just in case I got to equip it on both side turrets AND cockpit turret), And what I remember from carcinnox is the fact it drove enemies crazy, making them target each other, and while having a slight projectile delay and a little less damage, the fact that those crewship would start going crazy over their own ships was a great way to avoid some damage... 

Also, I think the "particle" damage type's status was supposed to reduce enemies armor... A.K.A. corrosive. (might be wrong on the name though)

Is this just some miscommunication or are the damage types going to be really totally redone, leaving the Railjack players with no way to make enemies go crazy and no way to corrode their (sometime) outrageously high armor ?

I mean, we're supposed to get some consistency out of this update, and this seems a bit weird to change the effects AND the name... while renaming the "chem", it should probably become some sort of "radioactive plasma shots", "radiation" for short, while keeping its effect. (also, both chemicals AND radiations can be carcinogen, so it stays ok with the name)

For the particle one, the corrosive bit might be tricky to get out of the current new name without going fully for "corrosive"...

Unless the change is to make it disappear... Players do have Fire left to temporary reduce enemy armor (thanks to new status effects a while ago), maybe DE wants to remove the stack of both elements, but it should be told as such, as the current name equivalence is confusing.

The change is simply based on the archgun conversation table. They decided to return to a more easy understandable system used everywhere. And since element don't fuse in railjack that why its set that way.

Since those fancier name where only used for railjack, unless you looked into, at first glance you wouldn't know what element does what type of damage when using archgun.

Certainly makes the Railjack-content much more enjoyable. I do enjoy it even to this day, but playing it solo and as you mentioned, repeating the X-missions kinda sucks the fun out of it really quick.

Thanks for the crystal clear workshop. Keep up the good work :D

I can't support the fact that you're getting rid of avionics, turning everything down back to mods: first, it was a nice change, the avionics' UI is fantastic and everything around it really feels like you're tinkering with the internals of your ship, rather than something dull and already seen all over the years. It's a big step back IMO and a bad one. The "new" system makes sense only for people that can't put 2+2 togheter, it's nothing new, it's dull, and not immersive at all.

The fact you're also getting rid of flux energy is a step back and it's ridicolous (to be a gentleman here, really) that everything scales down back to your warframe. We're basically going to be forced to always carry a primed flow mod or a mod setup that maybe we don't want to carry with us because the "on-foot" part of the mission simply doesn't need it. It's also freaking ridicolous (again, very politely) that you're going to be forced to use your energy replenishments to keep that bar up, it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ridicolous I can barely make sense of it and you know why. Spam it, what's the problem, right? Even if you put a 1 min cooldown like in steel path: VERY - ENTERTAINING. VERY - SKILLED - ACTIVITY. MUCH - THINKING - BEHIND - IT. We're moving from "let me think how I can play this game using my brains" to "hurrdurr push F1 hurrdurr". STOP trying to make the game playable by a 6 yrs old because as soon as you turn 7 you don't even want to deal with it anymore for HOW DULL AND BORING it quickly becomes. You're also removing stamina while the only thing it needed was a slightly bigger one. That's all. It played a fantastic strategic role, but noooo, let's just make it so easy so you can fall asleep better on that keyboard. From my point of view all you needed to do was add more variety to the railjack, more, different missions instead of the standard "shoot X fighters, X crewships and get rid of either X thing or Y thing" while making it a bit easier for solo players to replenish that FLUX bar and manage the arty cannon. And kick the afkers from the ship. I mean it. Not an auto-kick, noooo, nononono. I, as commander and host of the ship, I want to be able to raise a vote inside the ship to kick those players that: 1- behave approximately close to monkeys in front of your screen when you're flying; 2 - kick the afkers because! And my vote counts for 2! That's all. That's freaking all! And maybe ppl will start to behave and play like a group again. And maybe some new weapons to play with. And I don't even like that you're shrinking my ship because it looks beautiful as it is. Even though some space is unused, that is true, it's still wonderful to look at. Plus, you're complaining that we basically farm the same mission again and again, guess what Devs? We do the same with the other part of the game when we have to: level up stuff or scan the usual Simaris lab-pet (rush capture, anybody?). You don't want us to farm the same place over and over? Then make the missions switch objectives over and over! Make it unpredictable! Make it so that we've gotta be prepared for multiple different threats instead of knowing exactly even how many hps are in a bot. Do you even remember why, 8+ years ago, we decided to help you and give you our money and fund you? BECAUSE YOU TOOK RISKS! Because you came out with a project that felt and looked different from everything else around. And guess what? We noticed, we appreciated it, we took the step to open our wallets and believe in it. I see nothing like that from quite some time now. All I see is the complete opposite, the same redundant, risk-free, dull, repetitive, easy peasy lemon squeezy content that even a freaking dog could play on a smartphone. Congratz! Condolence! Your company's bravery and will to experiment and make it fun: is dead. Let's celebrate.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Vamma Takayn said:

There ya have it. DE still giving PC preference over console. And I quote Steve, "because we can send updates to PC by the minute." Like many devs (cyber punk 2077) putting emphasis on Pc but not focusing on all platforms equally. Pc will get the 29.10 in a couple of weeks and console not for 3months and still be missing stuff.

So what? You want the stability of a console, you also get the slow update speed caused by cert.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Idiot Swordsman said:

I haven't seen this question yet. So since the reactors provide our avionics and flux capacities currently. And once the update lands it will be the harness, and our warframe's energy supply instead. What's the point of upgrading our reactors now?

On 2021-03-08 at 3:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Now - let’s talk about Reactors. They exist to give you Avionics Capacity, and Flux Energy. Both of those things are now removed, so the new role of Reactors is to provide Power Strength, Range, or Duration buffs to Railjack Battle Avionics being used aboard the ship!

I'm against the removal of flux energy. There's no need to fix what ain't broken. There's especially no need to take what's not broken and replace it with a literal wreck.

Core energy system in WF is #*!%ed. The existing tools to manage said energy are also #*!%ed. How does DE envision using energy pizzas from pilot seat? Using Q menu? How will Energizing dash work? Do we need to leave the pilot seat to apply that? What will arcane energize trigger from? Big fat nothing? Or will the whole thing solely rely on picking up orbs - by far THE single worst and most dysfunctional mechanic in the game?

What will Hyldrin and Lavos do as pilots? Out of energy frames, will he pilot be forced to use frames and builds with high energy/Primed Flow for proper efficiency? So we'll be basically be back at Rhino meta, where you pick a frame solely for the stat boosts. Which was horrible. And seems like it will be horrible again.

And finally, who the #*!% ever complained about the flux energy being a thing? Show me those people - I have several tactical nukes to send their way. If this is your way to fight the supposed problem of "content isles" - it's very much the wrong way to deal with non-existent problem.

Please leave the flux energy alone. There's no way this change can ever make it better, and a lot of ways to make it much worse.

Just remember, all the bugs would also have their grand premiere on PC only. (which is the exact opposite of what, that other game tried to pull off. )

And, considering it's Railjack, the bugs may be actually massive.

I come here again to beg DE not to make these changes to the avionics in the energy flow of the railjack. What railjack really needs is new avionics and extra synergies when using a gun / reactor / shield / engine from the same manufacturer. Are they going to change to that exactly something that is working perfectly? What railjack needs is new avionics and synergies between new parts and places to be explored ... period!

7 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Agreed. If dedicated Archwing missions can appear on the Star Chart, why can't Railjack?

I agree. Everything on the same chart. We already do both archwing missions and other missions "in space", since some nodes represent enemy capital ships (or something).

And this "everything on the same chart" includes Steel Path. We can already have multiple missions on at the same node, adding a SP level + SP invasions should be easy and would just make everything simpler. If you are not eligible they would either not show or be greyed out. Trust us, DE, we really can handle that amount of "complexity".

Well I am not sure what to say.  

Other than I tried to solo RJ again last night and was once again frustrated. Apparently even hiding the ship/ spamming Benevolent decoy isn't enough to keep a starter jack afloat.  Was really close the last time but then I ran out of revolite (or whatever the ship fixing goo is). I'm simply going to see what I can do to further upgrade maybe do a couple missions as a crew mate if possible.

I look forward to the changes as a solo/pub only player. I'm not so hype but at this rate any change is likely to help me moving forward.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Well I am not sure what to say.  

Other than I tried to solo RJ again last night and was once again frustrated. Apparently even hiding the ship/ spamming Benevolent decoy isn't enough to keep a starter jack afloat.  Was really close the last time but then I ran out of revolite (or whatever the ship fixing goo is). I'm simply going to see what I can do to further upgrade maybe do a couple missions as a crew mate if possible.

I look forward to the changes as a solo/pub only player. I'm not so hype but at this rate any change is likely to help me moving forward.

.... Are you taking the stock ship to Veil proxima?

Because I've tested the stock ship on Earth and it works well. Even better if you get the resources to get the Dojo Research.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

.... Are you taking the stock ship to Veil proxima?

Because I've tested the stock ship on Earth and it works well. Even better if you get the resources to get the Dojo Research.

Just earth.  I'm generally dealing with breaches as soon as a minute in if I fly the ship.  3-5 if I jump out and archwing. 

Avionics becoming mods got me thinking...we're going to be using A LOT of Forma on these Plexuses, Plexi? - aren't we?

So for those folks that have been playing Railjack for a long while shouldn't Formas be included in the Early Adopter Bundles? I mean Riven Slivers are nice but they have literally nothing to do with the Railjack changes.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Just earth.  I'm generally dealing with breaches as soon as a minute in if I fly the ship.  3-5 if I jump out and archwing. 

I see what is happening then... you get hit, you go fix the breach, the ship gets railroaded in the meantime, you fix the breach, the ship is still getting railroaded, you get in the seat, because of the railroad you get another breach, you get out... repetition. Have I told you the definition of insanity?

Ignore the breach kill enemies first. I've gone with a naked Railjack (and made the concious effort to not use any of the acquired intrisics I had) since the changes last year and while I did get a breach, I went to kill the enemies first.

Had to hide the ship to take out the crewships. Otherwise, I had to play smart.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Overtkill21 said:

Avionics becoming mods got me thinking...we're going to be using A LOT of Forma on these Plexuses, Plexi? - aren't we?

So for those folks that have been playing Railjack for a long while shouldn't Formas be included in the Early Adopter Bundles? I mean Riven Slivers are nice but they have literally nothing to do with the Railjack changes.

That's a good point.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I see what is happening then... you get hit, you go fix the breach, the ship gets railroaded in the meantime, you fix the breach, the ship is still getting railroaded, you get in the seat, because of the railroad you get another breach, you get out... repetition. Have I told you the definition of insanity?

Ignore the breach kill enemies first. I've gone with a naked Railjack (and made the concious effort to not use any of the acquired intrisics I had) since the changes last year and while I did get a breach, I went to kill the enemies first.

Had to hide the ship to take out the crewships. Otherwise, I had to play smart.

That's what I thought I was doing.  I'm killing ships doing my magic.  Check my railjack's health and it's in the double digits.  Full sheilds.  I guess I got boarded and didn't immediately notice.  Catastrophic failure imminent.

I'm aware that it's likely I just suck.  But I feel like the first mission shouldn't require so much skill.  Considering most games would have it operate like a tutorial when you're taking the ship out for a spin for the first time. Like most things warframe I'm assuming this was balanced around the ideal situation. Such as a full crew that's in communication with one another. Similar to an interception mission being practically on baby difficulty with four players but near torture alone. 

I remember back when Railjack was first introduced.  I, like many people, had a lot of difficulty trying to get the Spacedock installed in my clan Dojo.  I, like many others, reported this and requested help.  All that happened was that every Incel jackhole out to compensate for their extreme lack of personal hygiene poured out to call us "stupid".  DE did nothing to even attempt to understand the issues people were having.  One year later, less than 3% of players had even set foot on a Railjack.

The point I'm making here is that if DE really wants enhance the user experience, for Rail Jack or anything else, they could start by improving their documentation.  The community itself could help as well, merely by keeping their mouths shut if they have nothing of value to add to discussions of functionality.  

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)chaniusul a dit :

mmm no cert is speed like 1 week.

D.E spit on console players. 2 update on 1,  wait 2 or 3 month for update is stupid .

They don't spit on us.

Releasing updates cost money, I don't know how does it work with Steam/epic updates but I guess updates doesn't cost as much as they do for consoles, so they can't just spam updates accross consoles to fix some minor bugs, that would be suboptimal and a big waste of ressources.

We saw how it went with orphix and many others updates since 2013, and I prefer it that way, the wait is longer but the service is better, because if there's a big bug with the incoming update and it's released on console, imagine a game breaking bug, well, a whole week or two of waiting to get it fixed while PC can get fixed right away.

I prefer waiting a couple months rather than getting served a buggy update.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

They don't spit on us.

Releasing updates cost money, I don't know how doesn it work with Steam/epic updates but I guess updates doesn't cost as much as they do for consoles, so they can't just spam updates accross consoles to fix some minor bugs, that would be suboptimal and a big waste of ressources.

We saw how it went with orphix and many others updates since 2013, and I prefer it that way, the wait is longer but the service is better, because if there's a big bug with the incoming update and it's released on console, imagine a game breaking bug, well, a whole week or two of waiting to get it fixed while PC can get fixed right away.

I prefer waiting a couple months rather than getting served a buggy update.

Agreed this is definitely one of those things I would like to see someone else suffer through first. 

I don't want to be forced into the update before we know how the changes will play out.  I wholeheartedly thank PC players for their sacrifice. 

9 minutes ago, RezMyDeadbody said:

I remember back when Railjack was first introduced.  I, like many people, had a lot of difficulty trying to get the Spacedock installed in my clan Dojo.  I, like many others, reported this and requested help.  All that happened was that every Incel jackhole out to compensate for their extreme lack of personal hygiene poured out to call us "stupid".  DE did nothing to even attempt to understand the issues people were having.  One year later, less than 3% of players had even set foot on a Railjack.

The point I'm making here is that if DE really wants enhance the user experience, for Rail Jack or anything else, they could start by improving their documentation.  The community itself could help as well, merely by keeping their mouths shut if they have nothing of value to add to discussions of functionality.  

3% of all Steam players, I bet.

ALL Steam players.

EVERY. LAST. PERSON. Who downloaded Warframe since it was put on Steam.

Since 2013.

Since before Achievements were made a thing in there.

Thats all I will say.

Archived