Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-03-09 at 3:20 PM, __jag__ said:

They could solve the Forma cost by giving us a Forma for each maxed grid slot. They could even solve the time aspect by giving us special Formas that instantly max rank our Plexus. However, unless they introduce universal polarity Formas (not just for Aura and Stance), being locked into fixed polarities is a step back in terms of modding freedom.

They could literally give me a built forma for every maxed grid slot I have and I would still be irate about this.  I have done this grind.  It is complete.  One of the things I hate the most in life is having to redo things I've already completed.  Built Forma won't give me back the time I'm going to have to spend releveling my Plexus repeatedly just so that I can get back to the state I'm currently at, and on top of it we will lose modularity if they implement the standard polarity system.  A loss of time and modularity is completely unavoidable no matter what kind of stuff they give out, and it's probably going to make me stop playing for awhile.  

Every single time I lose progress in a game, load that game up and look at the progress I have to redo in order to get back to where I should be upon login, it makes me log right back off.  I work in an industry where causing rework can get you fired.  I cannot stand rework.

I cannot say that I like the changes to modding or Flux.

Modding: we lose out on build versatility, and are forced to spend countless Forma and Endo to get to the same point we were at before. In addition, it makes no sense thematically for the big warship to be powered by a couple of dudes sitting in the cargo hold twiddling their thumbs.

Flux: We are now forced to play Hildryn if we want to play Railjack "properly". Hooray, optimal play. I imagine this will breed the next set of toxic players who will screech incessantly at anyone not playing their favourite streamer's meta picks. In addition, it opens the door for even more ability spam. This kills the game mode.

37 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

4: Realize you could help, but consider the problem so minor that the player asking for a solution has to be daft or just lazy => no response or "come on, this really is easy"-response

5: Realize you could help, but know from experience that solving problems is how you learn stuff, so the best help (in that case) is to not offer a ready-made solution (just ask any sensible parent...)

both of these fall under

1: Realize you have nothing helpful to say, and remaining silent.

I frequently make posts addressing issues I think are present in the game and there is a long list of frequent posters that show up specifically to say exactly "I don't have that issue so it doesn't exist."

Maybe the community as a whole doesn't have that many of those people, but the forums and subreddit are rife with them and they are a very squeaky wheel.

Just now, Iamabearlulz said:

In addition, it opens the door for even more ability spam.

10p says that the change in energy economy and availability of multiple RJ abilities on each squad member combined with reactors now acting as stat mods for power strength, duration, etc means that they are going to take the nerf sledgehammer to all the combat avionics.  

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

10p says that the change in energy economy and availability of multiple RJ abilities on each squad member combined with reactors now acting as stat mods for power strength, duration, etc means that they are going to take the nerf sledgehammer to all the combat avionics.  

I give you 1:0.9 odds on that bet.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Overtkill21 said:

Even so, with only 9 Forma, there should be some amount of forma in the Early Adopter packs. 3, 6, & 9 would be ideal in that case.

Only 9?! After  getting both my mechs to have 6 forma , let alone all the exalted weapons and my RJ being at 9,9,9,10, I'm done with Forma!  It's such a time sink and I put a lot of time into my RJ as many people have said, just so I have to forma it to get up to the power level I once had. It's too much.  I loved the old RJ system as it did feel like playing around with a ships components as someone in this thread mentioned.  I started playing WF on day one of the PS4 and stuck with it through the early days, not playing any other PS4 games as the whole space ninja theme connected with me. Played continuously all the way up to and just past 'The War Within' then experienced burnout and left for a couple of years and played other games.  I came back at the end of last year when I got the PS5 and saw someone on youtube playing Railjack and I was like, 'What the hell?! I need some of that in my life!' and went back.  Took awhile to get back into WF and learn all the new systems, especially RJ...but after the grind and I assembled my own ship, I had a huge sense of accomplishment! My own bloody starship 🙂

Then I started pimping it out and got all the avionics and most of the important intrinsic levels.  It motivated me joining a crew and seeing some RJ's that kicked ass!I loved that it had an entirely new system to learn as I played so much with the normal WF system by forma'ing tons of warframes and weapons multiple times....and again, when I started slaughtering tons of enemies in my fully decked, pimped out star ship, I felt a massive sense of accomplishment.

It just now seems that that initial excitement I had is now just going to die as I'll be levelling the RJ like everything else in the game.  Some of the changes coming does feel like a watering down of the RJ experience and feels a little like what happened to Star wars online where you initially had to work at becoming a Jedi and it felt great once you accomplished it....then after 'complaints' they made it so everyone could become a Jedi from the start, which practically killed the game in one fell swoop. (Pouring out some liquor on the ground to all my fellow comrades who were playing this when it happened to the game 😁)

Logically, it doesn't even make sense that a warframe could power a starship ...they don't even have to power an orbiter.  I really don't like the idea of  the plexus either, thought i know why you're trying it.  It's like someone above me said, it's just going to be like 'Uber-Jack' where everyone is just sitting in for the ride and bringing their 'starship' with them in a backpack or something.

I may be in a minority, but RJ felt like my endgame (Like getting to be a Jedi in star wars online was for me after I got access to it). Gutted that it's just going to be like everything else in WF.  All I wanted was new missions, new challenges, crews, new weapons, some integration with the main game like what was mentioned in regards to ground teams, new enemies , some periodic world-space events that occur. I like the integration with mechs , the command intrinsic, the removal of the stamina bar and the corpus maps....but all in all it's now all regressing to something safe and boring.

Gameplay, progression and customization changes seem pretty good overall.

I'm concerned about missions though. Mixing different parts of the game (on-foot, railjack, archwing, mechs) is great and that's what everyone was requesting for a long time, but if transition between "modes" is poorly structured it might make it more of an annoyance rather than improvement. What I mean is jumping back and forth between objectives and your ship becomes quite tedious in current Railjack. Sentient anomaly on the other hand feels good: finish the space fight part, safely park your ship, deal with sentient exterminate at your own pace. I don't want to babysit my ship WHILE doing some on-foot missions. But if it's segmented in chunks that don't interfere with each other that'll be pretty good. Also, I hope there's some degree of choice in how I can handle objectives (from space vs from the inside).

I haven't seen this brought up anywhere or answered yet so sorry if I am repeating a question but what is happening with our existing avionics which will be turned into mods? will they have their dirac invested refunded? will they be given to us as max level if they were maxed? or will we be spending most of the refunded Dirac on releveling these mods?

also will the Orphix event fight repeat give us eidolon shard alternatives to power up our focus trees as well as the arcanes? or will it still be a system that was implemented then abandoned because you didn't want to put in any more thought for it after you decided that the parts of it that were actually useful were too powerful and needed nerfing

I agree that the size change is a bad idea as part of what made the railjack so much fun was actually having a decent sized ship to move around really made it feel different to the orbiter and made it feel like we were piloting a properly sized warship, making it so all missions will require you to go off the railjack is one of the worst ideas possible as has been mentioned before, I want to fly around in my warpship doing space battles not using it to ferry myself and others to more ground tilesets to complete the same objectives I have been bothering with for years now

Add formas in railjack to me its not a good idea(its terrible)....im done with necramechs, horrible experience in all my life. Dont do that DE! for god sake!

My advice do DE:

Dont make any changes like flux energie from/linked with warframes, interior railjack and plexus .... just add new avionics, synergies between gears from same manufacturer .... the interior railjack is awesome and the new one its just reminds me something old!

Keep the avionics and the interface as they are now! These changes will take the shine out of railjack!

33 минуты назад, Vaml77 сказал:

Dont make any changes like flux energie from/linked with warframes, interior railjack and plexus .... just add new avionics, synergies between gears from same manufacturer .... the interior railjack is awesome and the new one its just reminds me something old!

TBH, the more I re-read the whole supposed changelog, the more I wonder - just why? Most of it is either change for the sake of change, or a straight up negative.

The only real problem RJ has is mission variety. Which ASLO seems to be approached in the wrong way. Scarlet spear already was a depressing case of having literally nothing to do with Railjack - you know, the thing I want to actually play when I boot up the mode. Orphix venom nodes are dope to have, but it' not RJ gameplay. "Fight your way into the capital ship" is not an RJ gameplay either - it's yet another ass-boring exterminate/sabotage.

This workshop, paired with inane suggestion of scaling guns buff and the supposed raid content being in development, has me deeply worried about the course Warframe is taking. DE were always semi-decent at IGNORING most of the idiotic demands by the playerbase. And each time they failed at that, we got something like initial RJ release, or arbitrations, or release kuva liches. Seems like every little youtuber stroke is going to make it into the game now. It won't end well.

Let me just add my voice to the chorus of people saying that I really do not like the idea of having to forma the plexus.

I personally think the mod system is a downgrade from avionics, but I know it’s too late to change that now. But at the very least, requiring us to level and relevel the plexus (something we didn’t have to do with the railjack), requiring us to sink forma into it (something we didn’t have to do before), and requiring us to polarize our slots to fit certain mods (again, something we did not have to do before) is a serious mistake.

Plexus mods should just be given no capacity drain at all so that forma is not needed.

34 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

DE were always semi-decent at IGNORING most of the idiotic demands by the playerbase.

Tough luck. Those “idiotic demands” comes from the MAJORITY of the player base. The challenge phobia casuals + Youtube parrots. There’s nothing we can do about it. DE can’t just ignore them or their pockets will pay the price.

Railjack 3.0 is another round of “dumbing down” Railjack gameplay. Removal of shared resource pools, the “bring your own avionics”, trimming down the size of the interior is reducing the risk of failure the game mode will have. 

People want Railjack to be more like core Warframe, they got what they wish for. Which is a power fantasy power creep no challenge required grinding simulator we have today.

16 минут назад, DrivaMain сказал:

Tough luck. Those “idiotic demands” comes from the MAJORITY of the player base. The challenge phobia casuals + Youtube parrots. There’s nothing we can do about it. DE can’t just ignore them or their pockets will pay the price.

Railjack 3.0 is another round of “dumbing down” Railjack gameplay. Removal of shared resource pools, the “bring your own avionics”, trimming down the size of the interior is reducing the risk of failure the game mode will have. 

People want Railjack to be more like core Warframe, they got what they wish for. Which is a power fantasy power creep no challenge required grinding simulator we have today.

There's no "majority". There are youtubers with their personal echochambers pushing 1 narrative per year like a clock. Or do you really, for a moment, believe that in largely solo-played game "majority" of playerbase is demanding raids to be brought back? Type of content that is notorious for the fact that only 1% of playerbase of any game ever participates in a single raid?

Last year that narrative was "content islands". Nobody actually knew what that meant, but SURELY it was a bad thing. Now DE is out in force to combat the "content islandism" of Railjack. And this workshop is living evidence they don't know what it is and what to do with it either.

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Totally agree.

When DE serves casual / youtuber staff, it is only destroying the game itself. Warframe needs to be more challenging, stimulating and more appealing to players who like to feel challenged. The DE needs to stop thinking about casual players because they are the ones who demand the easy things and tomorrow they will be the same ones that tomorrow did not play anymore. If these changes go live, the warframe will lose relevance and respect for me. Stop making the game worse for god's sake!

On 2021-03-08 at 2:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Battle/Tactical abilities will now be fueled by Warframe energy

This is an absolutely terrible idea Warframe. Energy Regeneration for most players is simply: kill an enemy, hope they drop an energy orb, get 25 energy. What enemies? Unless the enemy fighters you destroy begin dropping these (which I would consider a valid compromise I wouldn't critique before seeing it in action) who are they killing? Boarding parties are known to have more armor and health because there are fewer of them then what you find in regular gameplay. Far as I'm aware they do not possess increased drop rates for energy orbs. Even Trinity needs an enemy to use her Energy Vampire ability. Same argument goes for Arcane Energize. You even added a 25% chance for boarding parties to miss at Piloting R6.

I can guarantee right now that Zenurik (Energy Dash). Energy Siphon, and mostly Hildryn will become the undisputed meta of this. What I have not considered in making this is whether we will still be able to craft 'Flux Energy' in the engineering bay of the Railjack, which I am not sure of due to the multiple references to Flux Energy being removed. 

On 2021-03-08 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

-Full Avionic Grid Maxed+ 6 Wreckage Built (i.e all Slots have something you’ve made).

The wording of this confuses me.  Are we really talking about Wreckage here?  Because you don't need Wreckage to have built something for every slot, since there are the "standard" Sigma items you can purchase and build from your Clan Hall.  In fact, there's one item slot (Ordnance, which has 3 choices: Galvarc, Milati, Tycho Seeker) that cannot be filled by wreckage; these items can only be built from blueprints provided by the Clan Hall.  I'm hoping that this can be clarified.

If it helps to have a case study, I have my grid maxed.  From wreckage, I have built 3 guns, 1 engine, and 1 reactor.  From my Clan Hall I have built one of each Ordnance type, as well as a Tycho Seeker Mk-III.  I've also built 1 each of the Sigma guns so that I could try them out.  If the Tycho Seeker Mk-III counts towards this "6 Wreckage Built", then I would guess I qualify for the Tier 3 rewards.  But it's unclear, since while I have crafted more than 10 items, only 5 of them come from Wreckage.  And do I literally need to have all 6 slots filled?  Because I've crafted 3 wreckage guns which I can't equip all at the same time, so in that case would I need 7 Wreckage?  I hope you can understand my confusion, I greatly appreciate official clarification when you get a chance!

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

If it helps to have a case study, I have my grid maxed.  From wreckage, I have built 3 guns, 1 engine, and 1 reactor.  From my Clan Hall I have built one of each Ordnance type, as well as a Tycho Seeker Mk-III

As I understand you need to have built 6 house specific items (Lavan, Vidar, Zetki) as only these count towards wreckage. But don't beat me on this.

hth 🙂

When can we get a clarification if Sigma MKI-III counts for the wreckage milestone? Several players have now brought up the confusion about 6 wreckage, one for each slot, when rocket launcher doesn't have one!

23 hours ago, Horathio20 said:

This is contradictory. Do we need to have at least 6 repaired wreckage parts at the time? Or do we need to fill all the slots with something we build? Because as far as I know there are no parts that have wreckage and will fill the ordnance slots, so you need to build something from the dojo research for that. How about the other slots? Would it be enough to build something from the dojo research for that as well?

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

The wording of this confuses me.  Are we really talking about Wreckage here?  Because you don't need Wreckage to have built something for every slot, since there are the "standard" Sigma items you can purchase and build from your Clan Hall.  In fact, there's one item slot (Ordnance, which has 3 choices: Galvarc, Milati, Tycho Seeker) that cannot be filled by wreckage; these items can only be built from blueprints provided by the Clan Hall.  I'm hoping that this can be clarified.

If it helps to have a case study, I have my grid maxed.  From wreckage, I have built 3 guns, 1 engine, and 1 reactor.  From my Clan Hall I have built one of each Ordnance type, as well as a Tycho Seeker Mk-III.  I've also built 1 each of the Sigma guns so that I could try them out.  If the Tycho Seeker Mk-III counts towards this "6 Wreckage Built", then I would guess I qualify for the Tier 3 rewards.  But it's unclear, since while I have crafted more than 10 items, only 5 of them come from Wreckage.  And do I literally need to have all 6 slots filled?  Because I've crafted 3 wreckage guns which I can't equip all at the same time, so in that case would I need 7 Wreckage?  I hope you can understand my confusion, I greatly appreciate official clarification when you get a chance!

3 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

Question, does clan research based stuff like sigma engines mkIII count as well?

23 hours ago, TwinDrags said:

Rebecca replied to someone asking if the rocket launcher counts as a wreckage and said no. Timestamp of her reply

Though I do want some clarification if that only means the default non-tier rocket launchers, do tier I-III rocket launchers count for Tier 3 Early Adopter reward?

It would be nice to start (host) a railjack mission from my orbiter instead of having to go to my dojo or relay everytime I want to do a mission. I'm in a clan that has a massive dojo that drops my fps a few decent notches. I hope this feature is added in the railjack streamlining as in general it's just kinda unnecessary to have to go to a specific spot to launch your railjack when it's even shown to be directly behind your orbiter. 

7 minutes ago, Kitty1709 said:

It would be nice to start (host) a railjack mission from my orbiter instead of having to go to my dojo or relay everytime I want to do a mission. I'm in a clan that has a massive dojo that drops my fps a few decent notches. I hope this feature is added in the railjack streamlining as in general it's just kinda unnecessary to have to go to a specific spot to launch your railjack when it's even shown to be directly behind your orbiter. 

do you have the same fps drop if you use the pad in the orbiter to jump directly inside your railkjack ?

33 minutes ago, TwinDrags said:

Rebecca replied to someone asking if the rocket launcher counts as a wreckage and said no. Timestamp of her reply

Though I do want some clarification if that only means the default non-tier rocket launchers, do tier I-III rocket launchers count for Tier 3 Early Adopter reward?

Ordnance is only obtainable through dojo research... 

11 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

do you have the same fps drop if you use the pad in the orbiter to jump directly inside your railkjack 

It takes a decent while to get to my railjack from the pad. I just watched the video again on the changes and noticed the matchmaking changes and it addressed my concern so I'm satisfied

Archived