Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

but everyone els will... as u can chose ur loadout for ur ship anymore

play a multiplayer game solo , dont play with other people 

have no fun ether right?

So the solution is everyone else having their gameplay nerfed into conformance with him? Yeah, no.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tether Battle Mod (previously Avionic) has been balanced for new gameplay:
No longer shoot to destroy.
Tethered enemies that die will explode, dealing damage to those around them. 
Tethered enemies take additional damage from Railjack weapons.

Tether nerf? Gee I wonder how the “no nerf” crowd will react...

So that's a yes on we're going to need to Forma the Plexus and, waddya know, an Orokin Reactor will be needed too.

Yet, in these "Early Adopter" packs I don't see a single Forma or Orokin Reactor.

Why would that be, exactly?

Oh, right, so you can sell them...

Now this Railjack Change is making a lot more sense.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

If DE can fix the base game, they can fix railjack too

To my eyes, they're doing a great job at fixing Railjack. It's just not what those who liked the original Railjack or harder Warframe would want. Sadly, those who liked release-state Railjack (me) and want harder Warframe (also me), aren't enough to keep their gamemodes populated, so DE moves on to others, and imo, they're correct in doing so.

And why not zombies in space? 

We literally have Infested and J3 Golems

No Zombies in Space because we have Infested and J3. Why add lame-o Zombies when we have our own cooler alternative. And if this Railjack Update goes over well, I'm certain we'll be getting an Infested Expansion at some point.

Today's info about Tether and the other Battle Avionics looks awesome. Really glad to see Tether getting nerfed. Though TBH if Void Hole isn't given similar treatment people will just use Void Hole to do basically the same thing. Void Hole works just as well as Tether. Tether is just cheaper and is thus a better option for quick runs as you use far less flux to maintain it.

2 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

And if this Railjack Update goes over well, I'm certain will be getting an Infested Expansion at some point.

What I am excited to see down the line is crossfire missions for Empyrean once RJ 3.0 gets polished off. Or even Corrupted variants of Grineer and Corpus when void storms hit in U30.

14 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

I was really hoping even a full crew of Tenno would get ONE AI crewmate

so I could always have Bopp Bipp on my ship

Yeah, getting our full Crew would be insane, but allowing every Player to bring their First Mate would be really cool.

Possibly extremely Overpowered as well, but since I've lost all hope for a balanced and challenging Railjack, I'd love to at least show off my cool Crew Mate.

Just now, Roland_Snow said:

What I am excited to see down the line is crossfire missions for Empyrean once RJ 3.0 gets polished off. Or even Corrupted variants of Grineer and Corpus when void storms hit in U30.

Yessssss. Since Veil Proxima will now have both Corpus and Grineer in it, it will be the perfect area to slap some Crossfires in. Maybe Railjack Invasions too??

Glad to see the craftability of energy is back, one thing I always liked about Railjack is how it was viable with pretty much any Warframe. Now, it's a little bit less-so (depends on overall max energy capacity), but at least it's not dependent on running frames that can regen their own energy, or spamming pizzas.

A shame to see the death of Tether, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, naturalcandy said:

@[DE]Rebecca
But we can't get second railjack with different polarity.Right?

will we ever be able to decorate our railjack like our orbiter? i want to be able to buy aquariums to have fishies in them! small or medium fishes from the open worlds!! so i can peacefully watch at them! pretty please with a cherry on top and some sugar? 

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Will Liches still be available as crewmembers like it was planned?

... Dood.

Level up their skills and assign them to specific roles before taking off, or change their assignments on the fly with the Tactical Menu! Crewmates will gain Affinity like you’re used to, which can be spent to increase aptitude in certain roles as ‘Competency Points’. Additionally, converted Kuva Liches are available for Crewing your Railjack as a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat.

That has been there since day 1.

4 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Will Liches still be available as crewmembers like it was planned?

"Additionally, converted Kuva Liches are available for Crewing your Railjack as a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat."

It's literally part of the main post, in the Crew segment, third paragraph under the screenshots.

1 minute ago, Petroklos said:

"Additionally, converted Kuva Liches are available for Crewing your Railjack as a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat."

It's literally part of the main post, in the Crew segment, third paragraph under the screenshots.

Are liches filling the regular crew slots though? If they are then why would we ever use non-lich crew members if liches are just generally stronger?

So, let me explain what I'm seeing in the recent updates as a large picture.  I need to, in order to ask 3 pertinent questions.

1) Players are bringing their own resources, energy pools, and mods to the party.  Great.  This makes playing solo a significant handicap, unless the crew can too.  So, is the crew going to offer some amazing buffs, or will this be a non-mandatory mandatory team mode?  I cannot decide, and given that we've got about a week left before you said this would release that's a good deal of troubling.

2) So....the reactors influence power strength, range, and duration or efficiency.  Is this really going to be a mode tailor made for a squishy set of frames with deep energy pools?  I'm asking, because you nerfed Rhino's roar from influencing turrets, but now dispensary is literally a free source of flux.  What in hades?

3) Oh yay.....there's no listed conversion table.  Will some of our avionics become aura avionics?  Will they all be dissolved into endo and require finding them again?  Will we suddenly have to spend event credits to buy auras for a ship?  It seems like this is homogenization....then you discover the result is a turd without corn chunks inside of it, but it's still a turd once homogenized.

4) Powers are being nerfed.  Gian Point is being nerfed.  "Trust us, it's for game balance" is not a phrase you get to say here.  It's not a phrase because the launch of Railjack was so turbulent and bad that it functionally poisoned many players from engaging with it.  

Now, the above statements of intent and understanding are out of the way.  Let's ask those burning questions.

1) You've now got the ability to buy into the system...because you've used it to lock basic open world features like the mechs and archwing away.  Can you maybe see how we as players might see this as greed?  Maybe, instead of trying to sell this as a win for the players already tired of this dumpster fire you could simply admit that things are wrong, and do an alert day one to three.  An alert with a huge bundle of whatever you aren't offering for the penance rewards.  That's how you make people want to have a railjack day one, instead of flogging it in a supposedly free to play game.

2) Oh goody.  1 reactor.  A bunch of forma.  What looked like another potential grind for Legendary mods from Baro....because one item every two weeks is really a fun thing to wait for.  This is looking a lot less like you're rewarding us (given the much lower Dirac grid upgrade cost), and more like you're jacking up the cost by forcing us to buy fun-bucks because.  It's only later that we see your 5 fun-bucks is about 11.20 USD that you realize how depressing the costing structure is.  Really, really not a good look.  Why exactly is this not obvious to you after almost a decade of immediate negative feedback when this stuff happens?  

3) Can I fly my Railjack into the Sun?  I'm being a bit obtuse here, but my point is that none of the new benefits listed have any staying power.  If you're a veteran the relics with vaulted items are a joke.  If you're new, you don't have the physical resources to make a longer term but more rewarding game mode matter.  Specifically, getting 120 void traces (resource boosted and Kavat boost) is insulting when you've got 79 more capacity of 750.  I'm just really missing where the huge, and growing, time investment here pays back.  It'd be faster and easier to farm Nidus, Harrow, Gauss, and Khora to get a comparable amount of MR.  It'd be more interesting to grind weapons.  Heck, the only grind that outstrips railjack is the kuva weapons and mechs.  Gotta love the +2 ranks with each forma, 5 forma minimum, RNG rewards, and other associated grinds.  That's....not a way to think about a 3.0 version of a system in game.  Especially when it's got less than 2 years in practice and its nearest competitor is melee 3.0.  A system literally core to the experience and already under heavy review for being utterly game breaking. 

Just now, Leqesai said:

Are liches filling the regular crew slots though? If they are then why would we ever use non-lich crew members if liches are just generally stronger?

They're probably dumb as bricks. Good Health and Damage, bad at everything else. As the quote says, "a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat".

1 minute ago, Petroklos said:

They're probably dumb as bricks. Good Health and Damage, bad at everything else. As the quote says, "a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat".

Right. I'm just not sure how useful liches will be if they are only good at combat. I mean... the way I am thinking about it is this:

1 Gunner

1 Engineer

1 Pilot if the npcs are not able to use forward artillery

Then what... 1 random lich? I guess this works... If they are able to repair the ship then great. Though until we see this in action it is pretty hard to say just how helpful these things will be.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

we had wall running puzzles for spy, we had hazards u had to overcome in sabotage, we had targets to protect in mobile defence that could be destroyed, dying was actually bad and could make u lose a mission

Yes I agree, those things made playing Warframe feel exhilarating and victory felt great. And now the Devs are moving away from that. I don't like it, but it's just the way things are going.

1 hour ago, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

as well as adaptive AI that scans your situation and adjusts accordingly, all of which Warframe lacks

Now I understand what kind of AI you were talking about. Yes the Devs have never ever tried to add that type of adaptive challenge AI to the game. However that doesn't make it right to just compare all games to that expectation. The flaw in your argument is that you are basically saying, "The dumbest part of this JEEP is that it doesn't have FERRARI leather seats."

It's an apples to oranges situation. If DE did add adaptive challenge AI, I think I might enjoy it.

On 2021-03-08 at 3:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Energy Generation

- The Battle Forge can make Warframe Energy now! This means that in addition to existing player strategies, the Forge itself will be regularly outputting large pools of Warframe energy with Player use.

While this does shift 'low-energy' teams into a place that feels much better, I'm not sure if this will prevent a dispensary meta as now those 'high-energy' teams can now have even more ability spam.

If one of your goals is to prevent a dispensary meta, I would like to recommend trying a new overheating mechanic?  This could apply to either some or all railjack abilities, and simply put it would increase the energy cost of said abilities if they are used in rapid succession.  To prevent griefing this mechanic could apply independently per player (like most things now) as opposed to being ship-wide.

Hopefully this would encourage effective ability usage, as opposed to spam.

Does the Plexus Need Forma?
While the new Plexus can indeed be upgraded with additional Forma (much like any other equipment you may use), it does come with 3 Base Polarities already. There’s also more Mod Points available without Forma due to the Aura Slot - which gives Modding Capacity like on Warframes! While it is possible to add additional Forma later, the amount of items you will be able to slot from the get-go are quite generous. You can also add an Orokin Reactor to double your Modification points, much like a Warframe.

This does not address the fact that every forma limits as much as it expands an item, meaning that as my previous post players, if DE follows with the basic polarity "logic" they have applied to mods that we will need separate plexus for different roles, not just separate configs. To be honest, with the lack of total mods/avionics for railjack, multiple configs become almost pointless.

Warframe Energy, Round 2 FAQ. 
Warframe Energy continues to be a big conversation in threads and posts about The New Railjack. We are indeed changing a lot, and this part of the FAQ outlines deeper connections between all these changes. 

Energy Generation

- The Battle Forge can make Warframe Energy now! This means that in addition to existing player strategies, the Forge itself will be regularly outputting large pools of Warframe energy with Player use.

With all the reasoned and thought out replies you have gotten, this is what you came up with? It ignores almost every concern people have stated and seems more like you are doing this to be seen doing something rather than addressing the actual problem. People will still use the current methods to restore energy over this option, if for no other reason than muscle memory. You know that energy pizzas (and pizza's in general) are imbalanced (if they weren't then why add the cooldown in Steel Path, which I might add was a good design choice). As I said before, tying how much Flux energy you have to how much warframe energy you have is fine, but railjack abilities actually using warframe energy is not.

Finally:

STILL NO ADDRESS OR CLARIFICATION ABOUT THE DIRAC TO ENDO/AVIONIC TO MODS CONVERSIONS

As I said in my original post (Seen Here) Dirac to Endo at a 1:1 conversion unfairly impacts less progressed players unfairly. Now my worry is that while the ranks on avionics will be converted the strength of each rank will change. I fail to see how you can not change them as if you do not, than this change is a massive nerf due to the extra power included in the avionic slot upgrade. From the images provided you show, in some cases, a radical shift in the number of ranks a mod will have compared to the avionic as it stands now (e.g. Void Hole which goes from 4 ranks to 10). In other cases, such as Hyperstrike, you see the number of ranks reduced (from 7 to 5). The big issue here are, I suppose, the battle Avionics which, for the most part, appear to go from 4 ranks to 10. Now, again, if a rank 4 Void Hole mod is as strong as a R7 Void Hole avionic ( which is to say 4 ranks from the Avionic and 3 ranks from the grid slot) Then there is NO ISSUE and all you have to do is say. But if it is not as strong, then the cost of returning our builds, especially the battle avionics, goes up dramatically, becoming impossible to achieve immediately for players who do not have a large stockpile of Endo and Credits, and only adding to their grind.

Let's say a player just finished this build and has 10k Dirac left. (link to build image)

Assuming that max rank mod is equivalent to a max rank avionic in a maxed out gridslot, they will have to increase a total of 8 mods, totalling an additional cost of 62720 Endo and 2975280 credits of which they are only given 49000 endo (39000 from the grid refund and 10000 in conversion) (Link to math here)

For more advanced players like myself I'm looking at an additional cost of 160,880 endo and 7,789,824 credits just from the rank 10 mods shown in the images!

Please, give more clarification and a rough outline of rank changes so the players can give more informed feedback. I hate making as many assumptions as I have but I see no other way to bring attention to the topic.

Archived