Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

On 2021-03-08 at 3:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Energy Generation

- The Battle Forge can make Warframe Energy now! This means that in addition to existing player strategies, the Forge itself will be regularly outputting large pools of Warframe energy with Player use.

While this does shift 'low-energy' teams into a place that feels much better, I'm not sure if this will prevent a dispensary meta as now those 'high-energy' teams can now have even more ability spam.

If one of your goals is to prevent a dispensary meta, I would like to recommend trying a new overheating mechanic?  This could apply to either some or all railjack abilities, and simply put it would increase the energy cost of said abilities if they are used in rapid succession.  To prevent griefing this mechanic could apply independently per player (like most things now) as opposed to being ship-wide.

Hopefully this would encourage effective ability usage, as opposed to spam.

• Like 5

Does the Plexus Need Forma?
While the new Plexus can indeed be upgraded with additional Forma (much like any other equipment you may use), it does come with 3 Base Polarities already. There’s also more Mod Points available without Forma due to the Aura Slot - which gives Modding Capacity like on Warframes! While it is possible to add additional Forma later, the amount of items you will be able to slot from the get-go are quite generous. You can also add an Orokin Reactor to double your Modification points, much like a Warframe.

This does not address the fact that every forma limits as much as it expands an item, meaning that as my previous post players, if DE follows with the basic polarity "logic" they have applied to mods that we will need separate plexus for different roles, not just separate configs. To be honest, with the lack of total mods/avionics for railjack, multiple configs become almost pointless.

Warframe Energy, Round 2 FAQ. 
Warframe Energy continues to be a big conversation in threads and posts about The New Railjack. We are indeed changing a lot, and this part of the FAQ outlines deeper connections between all these changes. 

Energy Generation

- The Battle Forge can make Warframe Energy now! This means that in addition to existing player strategies, the Forge itself will be regularly outputting large pools of Warframe energy with Player use.

With all the reasoned and thought out replies you have gotten, this is what you came up with? It ignores almost every concern people have stated and seems more like you are doing this to be seen doing something rather than addressing the actual problem. People will still use the current methods to restore energy over this option, if for no other reason than muscle memory. You know that energy pizzas (and pizza's in general) are imbalanced (if they weren't then why add the cooldown in Steel Path, which I might add was a good design choice). As I said before, tying how much Flux energy you have to how much warframe energy you have is fine, but railjack abilities actually using warframe energy is not.

Finally:

STILL NO ADDRESS OR CLARIFICATION ABOUT THE DIRAC TO ENDO/AVIONIC TO MODS CONVERSIONS

As I said in my original post (Seen Here) Dirac to Endo at a 1:1 conversion unfairly impacts less progressed players unfairly. Now my worry is that while the ranks on avionics will be converted the strength of each rank will change. I fail to see how you can not change them as if you do not, than this change is a massive nerf due to the extra power included in the avionic slot upgrade. From the images provided you show, in some cases, a radical shift in the number of ranks a mod will have compared to the avionic as it stands now (e.g. Void Hole which goes from 4 ranks to 10). In other cases, such as Hyperstrike, you see the number of ranks reduced (from 7 to 5). The big issue here are, I suppose, the battle Avionics which, for the most part, appear to go from 4 ranks to 10. Now, again, if a rank 4 Void Hole mod is as strong as a R7 Void Hole avionic ( which is to say 4 ranks from the Avionic and 3 ranks from the grid slot) Then there is NO ISSUE and all you have to do is say. But if it is not as strong, then the cost of returning our builds, especially the battle avionics, goes up dramatically, becoming impossible to achieve immediately for players who do not have a large stockpile of Endo and Credits, and only adding to their grind.

Let's say a player just finished this build and has 10k Dirac left. (link to build image)

Assuming that max rank mod is equivalent to a max rank avionic in a maxed out gridslot, they will have to increase a total of 8 mods, totalling an additional cost of 62720 Endo and 2975280 credits of which they are only given 49000 endo (39000 from the grid refund and 10000 in conversion) (Link to math here)

For more advanced players like myself I'm looking at an additional cost of 160,880 endo and 7,789,824 credits just from the rank 10 mods shown in the images!

Please, give more clarification and a rough outline of rank changes so the players can give more informed feedback. I hate making as many assumptions as I have but I see no other way to bring attention to the topic.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

Bruh the game has been out for almost 10 years and DE has done NOTHING to improve AI or challenge

Because we're not ninjas, we're practically gods. This isn't something like Halo, we have so many ways that can shut down the enemy or even outright kill rooms in mere seconds that the enemies can't fight back. There's no point in improving enemy AI.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why Make The Railjack Available on the Market?

What will happen if players finish the Rising Tide if they bought a Railjack from the Market?

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Energy Generation

It seems interesting to craft energy, giving new players more choices to replenish energy. To give the Reactor Room or Reliquary Drive more purpose during gameplay, why not have those areas grant a decent passive Energy regeneration for any players standing in the room?

• Like 2

To make energy in railjack to fill energy with warframe to me seems to me to be something that people do not know what they do in the game they develop. It looks like hallucination to me.

• Like 4
On 2021-03-08 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

While the new Plexus can indeed be upgraded with additional Forma (much like any other equipment you may use), it does come with 3 Base Polarities already. There’s also more Mod Points available without Forma due to the Aura Slot - which gives Modding Capacity like on Warframes! While it is possible to add additional Forma later, the amount of items you will be able to slot from the get-go are quite generous. You can also add an Orokin Reactor to double your Modification points, much like a Warframe.

I just want to play Railjack from where I left off, like get on with Command Intrinsic. Why do I have a bad feeling that I have to go through another grind just to experience this new Railjack?

Forma, Orokin Reactor improves capacity, whatever happened to my progress before?  

• Like 9

Ok after reading script, watching video the day of release, and then returning after March 9th update to read changes, and then today reading responses so far 18/43 pages I wanted to share my opinion. I still plan on reading the remaining pages of the forum. May update later.  

I thought about quoting alot of valid points but decided to just like the comments and omit from my post to shorten and summarize my shared feelings and add my own. 

First and foremost, I'm sure all those at DE are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to this large change and massive amounts of mixed feedback. 

Thank you DE and @Rebecca for allowing us to offer feedback while it's still a work in process. 

Thank you for the change in wreckage requirements many of us was confused about the what counted when it came to fusions. 

Most of my concerns come around the following:

Dirac to Endo- It has been mentioned that we would recieve 39k endo at 1:1 for a full maxed grid; it have not been mentioned however about our fully upgraded avionics. Someone on forums pointed out that dirac is much cheaper than endo and that 1:3 would be a closer to equal amounts. Is that possible to help us out with the cost. 

1. Do our current avionics get converted to mods automatically? Basically does our rank 3 becomes a rank 3 in our inventory.

Or

2. Do avionics get taken away and converted into endo as well? Are we suppose to farm again these new mods as if was a new Railjack (RJ)? 

Forma and Reactors are needed to increase mod capacity 

1. Since it has been a constant conversation so far, is there a possiblity of just removing the capacity limit completely? Even though, I am MR 30, I still til this day dont have forma and potatoes on all things I wish I could. For those who have difficulty of getting hands on forma and reactor, why not provide a more rewarding system that gives built formas at a higher percentage than blueprints and other rewards that usually makes RJ less desirable to play. Is it possible to reward players with formas and reactors to Early Adopters Rewards. Based on a lot of comments, its seems a lot of people feel short changed. 

2. Many of us love the current avionics system due the fact it didnt involved forma and endo. It was simple and required different easier collectable resources for a different mode. I love the look and the idea of the future system just not the idea of forma and reactors. Also, dislike that its more limiting with the aura idea giving that I use to be able to equip multiple avionics which are now auras to have a truly customizeable RJ, thus now I'm not only restricted but also have less avionics/mods slots. 

RJ Energy pool is from Warframe Energy

1. Cool no more running out of flux. But with energy from warframe?? rather take the flux to be honest. 

2. There have been comments about hildryn providing energy but everyone forgets you must have enemies aboard in order the create energy. Some may feel entitled to use protea now for energy and energy pads. Energy pads means too much polymer bundles and little mission rewards that feels rewarding enough for all those energy pads.

3. Have anyone ever thought to either: 1) let ships destroyed drop energy like how it drops materials to create all domes etc or 2) use SHIELDS like how hildryn use shields for abilities? I believe this will be soooooo much better for this whole energy discussion. You can use shields from frames shield pads and even possibly the shield. 

4. Why not create a mod that provides energy specifically for RJ? Problem solved. Just like we have warframe mods that's based on kills you get buffs etc. Example killing x ships provides x energy. 

That's all for now for my major ideas at the moment. May update upon reading more and any new q&a to original post. 

• Like 1

Any chance you can slot Particle ram at the same time as Tether now ?

What about adding a defensive (damage reduction) component to Particle Ram while it's in the equipped state?

6 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Any chance you can slot Particle ram at the same time as Tether now ?

What about adding a defensive (damage reduction) component to Particle Ram while it's in the equipped state?

Don't look like it that have same symbol in photo. They fit into the 2nd slot.

PlexusB.jpg.546264d0fba82a61d70204ea2629

Edited by (PSN)DA-ZOMBIEGIRL19
Corrected slot number
On 2021-03-09 at 5:16 PM, ColmCorb said:

Spent 120 plat on armament slots because they said I needed 30 completed wrecks. Now they change it into the 6 wrecks I had and a fully maxed grid which I also had.

Excuse me, I'll go scream some profanities outside for a few minutes.

You deserved that for accepting such a ludicrous benchmark.   You didnt see post after post talking about how people could max out their ship with waaaay less wrecks ??   The math was obviously flawed.. 

BUT relax!!   You are in a good spot for all the new weapons that will be dropping!!  (probably not that many..... maybe the other brands of guns will become more significant.....)

On 2021-03-08 at 1:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Energy Generation

That might help a little with frame selection being limited by the mechanics, but not by much... Why bother running to the Forge for energy and clogging it up with cooldowns when I can bring as many energy pads as I want, or better yet just play Protea or a frame with Dispensary where I can have free and infinite energy without having to go anywhere? I'm still going to be working with a near-infinite energy economy and still be able to infinitely spam abilities. Whether that's Tether, or Seeker Volley, or Void Hole, or whatever other abilities you come up with, infinite energy is infinite. If you keep giving me tools to break the game, I'm going to keep using them. It's going to make Railjack a cakewalk without any consequence like the rest of the game. I'd prefer that this wasn't the case.

Why can't the reactor just generate energy over time? It seems like a far simpler option that will let you actually balance the Railjack energy economy. Definitely simpler than trying to work in frames like Hildryn and Lavos, or having to find ways to make content around our broken energy outputs. The last thing I want to have to deal with the Energy Leech Eximus and Nullifiers you're inevitably going to have to add to counter us.

giphy.gif

Just sayin'...

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 12
1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

... Dood.

That has been there since day 1.

1 hour ago, Petroklos said:

"Additionally, converted Kuva Liches are available for Crewing your Railjack as a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat."

It's literally part of the main post, in the Crew segment, third paragraph under the screenshots.

Thanks, & my bad, my attention spawn is even lower than I thought XD

Will the newly converted mods have adjusted fusion costs or will they be using the standard costs frame and weapon mods use? I can see having to funnel millions of credits into your ship's mods after the system used to only cost a relatively small amount of endo-equivalent being harder on newly onboarding players than the old system. If we have our avionics fully upgraded in the current system, will we be given converted mods with a full or partial upgrade? 

The mention of forma is discouraging, but I suppose we'll have to see the final mod costs to see if capacity will end up being an issue. Especially once a new meta plexus build forms. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You say you want to reduce Grind, but what you are trying to do is to increase Grind significantly, isn't it?
Forma Farm Grind & Orokin Reactor Farm Grind & Plexus Rankup Grind & Plexus Build Change Grind.

postscript: oops! "& ENDO Farm Grind & Credits Farm Grind" were also there.

Edited by kinoko_takenoko
  • Like 9

"You mentioned Necramechs in all missions, why just Railjack missions in this update?
We have Railjack missions set up in such a way that Necramechs are compatible in virtually all environments (hence Orphix coming back, etc). We still aim to deliver on our goal of game-wide Necramechs in a future update. In order to make sure this new feature doesn’t cause major issues, we need more time to test Father’s Old War toys before we fully let them loose! "

Now wait a moment... the upgrade says "ALL MISSIONS" so what do you mean "In a future update"?

You continue to hurt me, DE...

-Full Avionic Grid Maxed+ 6 Wreckage Built (i.e all Slots have something you’ve made).

There is no wreckage you can restore to equip on the 6th slot, meaning the Ordnance. There are only Engines / Shields / Reactor / Pilot Turret / Gunner Turrets.

Would you please clarify?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

What will happen to our scrapped wreckage now?

Maybe endo. Maybe broken-down into other RJ resources. Hopefully NOT a new and unhelpful invented resource.

1 minute ago, Vaml77 said:

I give up alerting DE how many mistakes is coming to railjack. I´m done.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Grab a bag of popcorn. For flavour, you'll find all the salt and cheese here on the forums. Don't worry, it's not like it's the end of the world. ...oh wait.

jake gyllenhaal storm GIF

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Shiah said:

There is no wreckage you can restore to equip on the 6th slot, meaning the Ordnance. There are only Engines / Shields / Reactor / Pilot Turret / Gunner Turrets.

Would you please clarify?

i today stream Reb said that to qualify you need grid + 6 item built be it wreckage or stuff from the dojo

• Like 1