Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

I'm not on board with these changes and I hope that this is not the final word on it. I'm not sure how these changes address complaints made in the feedback forums, only that it is taking away a lot of what made Railjack 'Railjack' in exchange for ease of play and accessibility.  

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Aim snaps turret to lead indicator (lock-on lasts much longer than before, with small added cost to weapon heat)

as a rank 10 intrinsic, there should be no added cost to the player. The player has grinded 512 intrinsics to max the skill, it should be a pure pro with no con at this point as the idea is the player has mastered this tree now. 

Also, please allow Sigma parts to be scrapped. To work around a player not having any parts left if they scrap all of their components (I assume this is a fail safe measure), just restrict players from scrapping their equipped gear. 

Railjack is moving towards being integrated into the rest of the game. This is the best treatment it could receive for its second major content release. One step closer to what Steve envisioned in the first tennocon demo. I'm very excited for it.

I only have a problem with the UI decisions, as usual. The Plexus modding screen borrows from the worst UI decision in the entirety of your game. It's a complete degrade. Your modding screens have been atrocious for so long and you have all the proof you need. Your new players will almost always love the game up until the moment they hit the modding screen for the first time and then quit. People perceive your systems as much more complex than they actually are and this is entirely the fault of UI, not the game design. You have been making arguments that people simply aren't in for that kind of complexity but this isn't exactly true. Those screens could be dramatically simplified without sacrificing a shred of complexity. More simplicity =/= less complexity. 

Please, reconsider. Take what you did right in the current avionics screen and retrofit it into the main modding concepts. 

I like the changes. But, will the new enemies really challenge the players? Now players get more and more weapons and opportunities, but the enemies almost do not evolve in any way.
I increasingly come across videos where players stand still and kill bosses.
Some warframes deal so much damage over a large area that I don't even have time to take a shot at the enemy.
Sometimes I feel like I'm useless to my team at all.

59 minutes ago, JohnSevenSE said:

what about my plat i spent to boost my stuff on rj release?

You choose to spend plat, either cosmetics, bundles, rushing, thats up to you. You cant demand ur plat back, the same if i bought khora skin and they reworked her and id demand refound year later, thats not how it works

With the exception of the Dry Dock itself, I honestly don't think you needed to reduce the "crafting"/research cost of the Railjack a second time. 5000 Rubedo, 6000 Nano Spores, 1000 Cryotic, 10 Neural Sensors, 5 Argon Crystals? I know I'm a biased veteran, but that really doesn't sound like it's scaring anyone off.

Love the work you guys have put into this. 

the thing with changes is you tend to completely shaft the people who enjoyed the old stuff and try to please those who didn’t. 

I spent my time ranking up and tweaking my railjack cos I enjoy flying it. I also know other Tenno don’t, so what do I do? I put the best stuff in it , so when they join me.. it’s a fun ride. 

now with changes, my raptorjack is no longer unique.. if everyone is coming with their own mods, my railjack just becomes some Uber in space.. 

the other thing I’m not sure is the changes to mission structure. Will all railjack missions require Tenno on the ground doing something? If you remove the space fight only missions, then I’ll be off. There are billions of missions on regular star chat where Tenno can run up and down the place, no point coming to space and I have to do that again. Give those of us who just want to battle in space with our ships a chance to do just that. I LOVED piloting my jack.. during the SS event, I’ll stay outside to battle harder ships that spawned as the levels increased.. it was fun and challenging.

Don’t take away the fun from those who got what you were “trying” to do the first time around. Space only missions are a must! They must not be removed. Boost the xp/reward gain on other missions if you have to. I just want to fly my railjack in peace. 

thanks for all the hard work. 👍🏾

It looks like we'll need to Forma the Plexus, which I honestly really don't like. It was nice being able to change avionics around without needing to worry about drain at all, and I could experiment freely.

hace 1 hora, Hello dijo:

So still no hope of getting the same treatment of Scarlet Spear? People make it clear on the subreddit and on the forum, a lot of people don't want to be host like regular matchmaking forces. So now if I want to do railjack, I'll have to cancel queue 20 times back to back to try to find a host? I'll have to screw over people that automatically get put into my group the moment I cancel queue to find someone else hosting? Guess the hope of getting the option to opt out of being host is still not even a consideration.

Regardless, I'm excited for everything else. Looking forward to trying it.

Hosting or not hosting should be a choice of the player looking to play any gamemode to begin with. I have a good internet connection meaning I can host pretty well, but I hate that the ping limit is still 100 at the lowest. Doors never open, operator gameplay is clunky and the game feels twice as slow. Hate having to que up for something and quit 15 times until the game gives me host.

Necramechs Become Deployable in all Railjack missions.

Wait, what about normal missions? We were told before that we'd be able to use Necramechs in normal missions, and as I understood it on the previous dev stream, that ability would be obtained through the Intrinsics update. But this only mentions Railjack missions?

already missing larger railjack interior and rip my dreams of parking my landing craft inside of it somewhere (like when i return from normal missions or something).

kinda sad about not being able to drift and shoot.

i hope that the hazards still wear down shields and that the equipment parts buffs were unchanged because i have an increased dmg/speed build that relies on shields being down (and one of the hazards helps maintain that)

Please just delete the dry dock. Nobody likes having to go there. Nobody likes being forced there to upgrade stuff. Nobody likes being forced back there regardless of where we launched the mission from. 9/10 times it's just an extra loading screen to get back to our ship.

Player has Completed 1 or more Wreckage or Clan BP: Tier 1

Player has completed at least 12 Wreckage: Tier 2

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

Is there a way to check in advance if we are eligible for these?  Something like an option in the website's account settings to confirm it?  I think I'll have enough but it'd be nice to know for sure, or to know if I need to nip out and grab a couple more things to repair before the update hits.  Sadly I can't remember how many bits of wreckage I have repaired and later scrapped on finding a better replacement.

Archived