Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-03-08 at 8:11 PM, (XBOX)Dyalar said:

Are we going to need to forma the Plexus?  Please say no, but I already know the answer.

You can 

On 2021-03-08 at 8:27 PM, Elfeist said:

So far,it seems like a great "upgrade" for railjack,will there be a way to use the old railjack interior ?

Probably not due to DE trying to make it easier to move location to location even tho it isn’t that hard

On 2021-03-08 at 8:34 PM, MrSigy said:

Tbh the only thing I want is to be able to remove or scrap the standard "Sigma" items and the default Pulsar/Apoc/Tycho Seeker.
They are a nuisance in my eyes that cannot be removed and burned into my retina.
Please allow us to remove them.

Also please specify if 

I agree 

On 2021-03-08 at 8:38 PM, Zoero said:

Great, now we have to forma railjack

DE say to make it easier to understand but it’s easy to understand avionics just from one video

Why fix stuff when irs not broken. I really liked the current railjack get dirac to upgrade everything it isnt even that hard to farm. Why replace it with the same thing that every other dam thing uses. Farming credits/endo is so bad there isnt really any half desent way to farm them and needind over million gredit in the last rank is ridiculous playing index not fun. Not even gonna mention endo farming. Why everything need to dum down. You only needed to ad new things to railjack not overhaul all the working stuff.

There's this one bug that I've encountered where my helminth charger's model gets bugged out and he becomes gigantic. Is there going to be a fix for that? Please say no because I find it really funny, and was hoping it could probably become a feature of sorts?

On 2021-03-08 at 9:01 PM, anfuerudo said:

Can we have a minute of silence for Gian Point?

Now, I understand this move, Gian Point was probably the most visited node of them all, but it still hurts.

It was the second most visited until the Railjack 29.0 and 3.0 announcement people were doing the anomaly one to get Shedu parts. Now most people are like I better start grinding Gian point to get intrinsics to afford new ranks of command intrinsics and just want to finish the ones we have now.

On 2021-03-08 at 9:07 PM, Spice said:

Why is gian point being removed? pretty sure a lot of people gave feedback saying it shouldn't be

DE just don’t want you to grind and DE recently have been on a massive don’t listen to community ideas as we know best.

On 2021-03-08 at 9:22 PM, TARINunit9 said:

With the exception of the Dry Dock itself, I honestly don't think you needed to reduce the "crafting"/research cost of the Railjack a second time. 5000 Rubedo, 6000 Nano Spores, 1000 Cryotic, 10 Neural Sensors, 5 Argon Crystals? I know I'm a biased veteran, but that really doesn't sound like it's scaring anyone off.

True but who wouldn’t want it cheaper lol?

16 hours ago, thebenji727 said:

There's this one bug that I've encountered where my helminth charger's model gets bugged out and he becomes gigantic. Is there going to be a fix for that? Please say no because I find it really funny, and was hoping it could probably become a feature of sorts?

Probably not DE don’t fix major bugs normally they fix things just to break something else lol.

16 hours ago, (PSN)lykos88 said:

Why fix stuff when irs not broken. I really liked the current railjack get dirac to upgrade everything it isnt even that hard to farm. Why replace it with the same thing that every other dam thing uses. Farming credits/endo is so bad there isnt really any half desent way to farm them and needind over million gredit in the last rank is ridiculous playing index not fun. Not even gonna mention endo farming. Why everything need to dum down. You only needed to ad new things to railjack not overhaul all the working stuff.

True

17 hours ago, DarkQuill said:

Apart from starting with higher health stats, will Kuva Liches have any benefits over regular crew (likely reserved for the max upgrade/elite status mentioned)? Will they still have slightly higher health than regular crewmates when both are maxed?

Will any of these stats/abilities carry over to regular Lich spawns during missions?

I think they won’t have any advantages it will just be another thing you can choose if you want to 

On 2021-03-08 at 8:04 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Thanks for the detailed write up, looking forward to the update.

Same

On 2021-03-08 at 9:18 PM, Teoarrk said:

I'm not on board with these changes and I hope that this is not the final word on it. I'm not sure how these changes address complaints made in the feedback forums, only that it is taking away a lot of what made Railjack 'Railjack' in exchange for ease of play and accessibility.  

DE don’t tend to listen to the community so most likely it is the final word 

On 2021-03-08 at 9:41 PM, Quantum_Blur said:

So, will we still be able to replenish energy from the forge?  What does the forge do now?

Forge might have Warframe energy instead of flux lol everything else still kept there.

On 2021-03-08 at 10:36 PM, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Was hoping to see the list of command intrinsics, wanna to be sure of lich crewmates

They haven’t shown them because they haven’t made all the intrinsics yet.

On 2021-03-08 at 10:57 PM, (NSW)Captain said:

One more observation for today: combining Dirac and Endo concerned me for a bit given how much Endo you need vs. how much Dirac.

Then I remembered how much Dirac you get every mission by melting dupe avionics and unnecessary wreckage and I realized this makes every railjack mission an Endo farm in addition to everything else. I am content with this.

We can hope it’s an endo farm if it isn’t everyone will be unhappy.

On 2021-03-08 at 11:15 PM, K-Squared said:

Any chance we can get ability to put our clan emblem on the side of our railjacks with this change? That's the biggest oversight with the cosmetics options, and while mechanics changes are certainly more important, seems like it'd be a good time to get a solution to this as well.

I agree they should add this.

On 2021-03-09 at 2:44 AM, RyanCooper101 said:

What does this mean EXACTLY?

Have 30 repaired items? What items count (shields, guns, etc)
Is there a way i can check how many i got?
Does this mean just have 30 unrepaired items (scrap wreckage?)

You can check how many you have from building them and just looking at what ones you have built.

On 2021-03-09 at 2:48 AM, PlanckZero said:

Deciding early adopters based on wreckage repairs makes absolutely no sense. I started playing Railjack from day one and have nearly maxed out stats in every component and armament (all before valence fusion was even a thing) and just because I waited to build those best pieces instead of constantly repairing and replacing parts I get the absolute lowest tier while someone else gets to walk away with seven day boosters, umbra forma and a legendary core?

Who thought any of this was a good idea?

DE don’t ever listen to ideas from community just think of an Idea then yes we are definitely doing this. 

On 2021-03-09 at 4:02 AM, Vali said:

Warframe-based energy for Railjack abilities sound like a pretty big mistake that'll remove pretty much all form of difficulty from the mode. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS CHANGE.

DE tend to rush ideas without listening to the community.

On 2021-03-09 at 4:28 AM, Xaero said:

How would I know I've completed 30 Wreckage, not 29, for example?

You can just build them then look

I wish we could customize the interior, and layout of the inside of our ship. Meaning, we can place the gunners turrets anywhere we want on the ship for tactical advantage in case of a breach. Or build and place internal defenses to help CC, damage, and temporarily block off or trap enemies during game play.

I hope Railjack could be added in for pvp. Would be fun to have different pvp modes like 5 railjacks vs 5 railjacks, 3 v 3, 2s, and 1 v 1 ect. Then post what clan or teams are the best. 

Another idea I wanted to add was adding in a custom single pilot ship. Well, it doesn’t have to be something that we need to farm parts for and build. We could just use our own orbiters as an option when using the slingshot or when we exit the RJ we can use a dedicated exit for jumping into your ship to engage fighters. That would make things much more exciting, and depending on what you’re orbiter has equipped on it, will determine what it’s secondary/Alt fire could be. Example:: flying noras ship but you’ve got the healing tower on. That will be used to heal the RJ HP to full, a player in archwing mode, etc. the security override support could be used to buff all players with a onetime use for unlocking a enemies code shield ect. Then the turret placement ability could buff your ship to do more damage for X amount of seconds w/o overheating it’s guns, noras music could be used for close range EMP. Then if your ship takes damage, if you don’t eject before it loses its HP you’ll die instantly, and will have to be revived. Once you lose your orbiter it goes on CD or can’t use it for the rest of the RJ mission.That way piloting the RJ, using turrets, and archwing mode isn’t the only thing you can do in RJ missions that require you to only eliminate ships.

just some food for thought.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)lykos88 said:

Speaking as someone who has maxed out the Railjack grid and all the Avionics I need, Dirac became completely worthless at that point. I have over 100,000 Dirac gathering dust with nothing to use it on. Converting it into Endo is a much needed change since it will always be useful. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)F3t3r P1l0t said:

True but who wouldn’t want it cheaper lol?

Honestly, me. I had 60 million credits burning a hole in my pocket, I LIKED it costing six million. Felt like I actually had a use for my riches: kickstarting the Tenno fleet

The resources cost needed reducing in a couple places; it was what, fifty neural sensors and fifteen argon at launch? That was a bit much for some, sure. But there's a sweet spot where it feels special without feeling too grindy, and I don't think it's a good idea to go below that sweet spot

A Suggestion for Grid/Plexus; how to unify the two:

One of the issues was how to allow crewmembers to contribute to Railjack functionality, right?
(I know this concept fits the desire to streamline less well, but I'd like to see it thought about at least I think it addresses some of the issues more optimally.)

Consider:

1. Retain the Grid as it is.
    (Possibly with some minor rebalancing due to the following:)
  2. Add the Plexus as a source of personal boosts.
    (ie: Nothing that affects the ship directly or for others, avoiding some balance issues there.)
  3. Split the Plexus into a set of Intrinsics-based roles.
    (ie: You have 1 slot for each of Tactical/Piloting/Gunnery/Engineering/Command, perhaps unlocking additional slots as you rank the relevant Intrinsic.)
  4. Use the Mods-based concept you have to supplement the Grid system.
    Provide ways for a player to optimise and personalise their performance in each role to their liking.
    (ie: Any crewmember can fill any role, but can do so in a way that fits how they play.
    One player might favour increased falloff range when using Gunnery, another might want faster recovery from overheat, and so on.
    For Tactical, a player might want increased health/armour/shields while on the Railjack, or perhaps increased mobility while Away.
    And for Engineering a player might want a chance to not consume resources when crafting, while for Piloting they'd like increased Vacuum range.)

The general idea here is that no-one is being 'locked in' to a particular role, and potentially losing out or bickering over others fulfilling it.
(Since ideally we should want crewmembers to adapt to circumstances and help however is needed at any given moment.)
Likewise there should be no major disadvantages to ships/crewmates lacking some or all of these boosts; they're not major gamechangers or essential for Railjack survival, they're more 'nice to have' and enable/promote personal playstyles.
(We should not want a system in which the Railjack's core survivability is directly linked to whether your crewmates brought the right mods or not.)

Does this seem like a neat way to address some of the design goals and/or some of the concerns people have with the new system?
Open to feedback and further suggestion/critique, even if I don't feel DE can or will alter course so easily or quickly.

3 часа назад, 0x62 сказал:

I saw this post earlier, but I am curious if u realized this was clarified before u made this post: crafting "flux energy" in the foundry will give everybody energy. So the meta still exists, just in a different form. You can hop off and use pizzas... but it's probably easier to get an engineer.

Forges are on CD. Pizzas are not. Zenurik is not. Then there will be whichever-frame-pumps-the-biggest-energy-pool meta. I do hope that this new RJ won't devolve into spamming every mean of energy regen and all abilities... but this is Warframe. You know it will.

Which is entirely avoidable by... drumbeats please... just not touching flux energy.

On 2021-03-08 at 9:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tactical ability cooldown further -20%

Railjack takes 25% less damage while Boosting and collisions do 2000 extra damage

(Under Review, may stay the same)

Necramech Buffs (25% Health, 25% Shields)

Please change rank 9 gunnery. I've never liked that one. In order to drift you need to boost wich mean the pilot cannot fire, and if you should choose to boost, the gunners might get cought off guard and their accuracy will be like well, as Hok put it "Nice guy, but couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat."

When flux dissapers you drain energy from warframes. That will will reduce play to warframe with low energy such as Ash, Rhino or Inaros beacuse of their reduced energy pool compaired to other such as Chroma prime, Volt prime and Wisp. Maybe it would be better if everyone got the same size energy pool or the abilities drain X% energy?

But also what i wonders is, how will the energy affect gunners who are using none-energy warframe like Hildryn and Lavos?

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Nazerco:

That will will reduce play to warframe with low energy such as Ash, Rhino or Inaros beacuse of their reduced energy pool compaired to other such as Chroma prime, Volt prime and Wisp.

I've never considered bringing Mesa to the Tridolon hunt until now.  Sometimes there are just better alternatives.

4 hours ago, 0x62 said:

When I said Gian Point, I situationally do mean Gian Point: a community hotspot for fast farming, (whatever that may be in the future).

It's not really sarcasm, but what the community always try to say (contextualized in today's meta) :P (actually I guess I was pretending to be someone I am not, so maybe I am sarcastic?)

One issue that I tried implied with your logic of exclusive rewards is that rewards are temporary for exploration. Once people got the "exclusive rewards" (whatever that may be), they will go back to the simple farming that is meta.

Apologies for not being clear.

All good.

This thread is driving everyone crazy (me included) because of what DE is doing.  'If it ain't broke don't fix it'

What bothers us at the moment is the new avionics overview. Why is that now the same as the frames etc (modding screen)?
This is boring, and that the "learning curve" thereby increases is unlikely (is not so complicated). Find it as it is now better, especially since the railjack is also the only vehicle that is really different from the rest ("mech" is unfortunately also just another frame).

On 2021-03-13 at 7:12 PM, CyberneticSusurrus said:

You should really learn to use the multi-quote function instead of making lots of little individual responses like that.

Amen, what a bag of hammers thrown down some stairs.  🙃

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

All good.

This thread is driving everyone crazy (me included) because of what DE is doing.  'If it ain't broke don't fix it'

I am just watching with interest. The changes seem to be unifying so that the game is less complicated (as well as balance changes for "oh no, players learned how to mod properly" playstyles).

I am worried about the plexis system, since it appears that new playes must "bring their own equipment" instead of trying out the host's equipment (im fine with "bring your own equipment" requirements for experienced players, since if one knows how to play the game, one brings their own game changing equipment. but im worried about the new player aspect)

Everything else is tearful reactions, or cautious optimism. I can't wait to see how the energy system will play out now that we are using abilities based on Warframe energy. Logically it doesn't make sense, but gameplay wise (to unify/simplify everything) it makes sense.

On 2021-03-14 at 3:44 AM, neudood said:

-snip-

If you really expect an answer, you should probably elaborate.

Less nodes, more gamemodes is bad? Why?

Buffing turrets while nerfing battle avionics that trivialized them in the first place is bad? Why?

More stuff in Intrinsics tree is bad? Why?

Making Railjack's interior smaller is bad? Why?

Unifying damage types and converting Dirac to Endo is bad? Why?

Making hazards' impact more serious is bad? Why?

Tying avionics to players is bad? Why?

Using warframe energy for Railjack abilities is bad? Why?

Having new ways for relic runs and arcane farming is bad? Why?

And so on.

To me most of the changes look pretty solid. The idea of tying Railjack to general gameplay and making it less of a content island is pretty obvious.

9 minutes ago, Xaero said:

If you really expect an answer, you should probably elaborate.

Less nodes, more gamemodes is bad? Why?

Buffing turrets while nerfing battle avionics that trivialized them in the first place is bad? Why?

More stuff in Intrinsics tree is bad? Why?

Making Railjack's interior smaller is bad? Why?

Unifying damage types and converting Dirac to Endo is bad? Why?

Making hazards' impact more serious is bad? Why?

Having new ways for relic runs and arcane farming is bad? Why?

And so on.

To me most of the changes look pretty solid. The idea of tying Railjack to general gameplay and making it less of a content island is pretty obvious.

You're actually serious?  Why?

2 hours ago, neudood said:

They are all bad, but I guess DE knows something we don't?

The community is a hydra with over tens of thousands of heads butting and roaring at each other. Short and simple, they can't satisfy everyone. But saying that everything the Workshop is changing is "all bad" is ignorant and very pessimistic.

45 minutes ago, Xaero said:

LessMore nodes, more gamemodes is bad? Why?

The Veil Proxima is retroactively having some of its nodes being changed under the Corpus's control. There's also the Venus, Neptune, and Pluto Proxima. The Volatile gamemode is also taking back to the roots of the Railjack/Empyrean showcase back in Tennocon 2018 and 2019.

45 minutes ago, Xaero said:

These are the only two that aren't well received compared to the other proposed changes. The change from the Grid system was unexpected, not to mention how the Grid system opened up diversity as it lacked any modding Polarities. However, it is heavily reliant on the Reactor for Avionics Capacity (looking at the Vidar Reactors). Coupled with using Formas on the Plexus, we have a "Forma Fatigue" coming from Necramechs, Kuva Weapons, and so forth.

The energy economy in Warframe is really busted, while heavily encouraging players to take high Energy capacity Warframes (i.e Volt Prime, Saryn Prime, Wisp, etc.), frames who don't even use Energy (Lavos and Hildryn), or Protea's Dispensary with Arcane Energize. This will potentially make spamming Battle Avionics more prominent, in spite the fact that Tether was changed.

6 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

The Veil Proxima is retroactively having some of its nodes being changed under the Corpus's control. There's also the Venus, Neptune, and Pluto Proxima. The Volatile gamemode is also taking back to the roots of the Railjack/Empyrean showcase back in Tennocon 2018 and 2019.

I mean less nodes with identical mission content:

On 2021-03-09 at 12:03 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

we are making some changes by removing some existing Grineer nodes

9 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

These are the only two that aren't well received compared to the other proposed changes. The change from the Grid system was unexpected, not to mention how the Grid system opened up diversity as it lacked any modding Polarities. However, it is heavily reliant on the Reactor for Avionics Capacity (looking at the Vidar Reactors). Coupled with using Formas on the Plexus, we have a "Forma Fatigue" coming from Necramechs, Kuva Weapons, and so forth.

The energy economy in Warframe is really busted, while heavily encouraging players to take high Energy capacity Warframes (i.e Volt Prime, Saryn Prime, Wisp, etc.), frames who don't even use Energy (Lavos and Hildryn), or Protea's Dispensary with Arcane Energize. This will potentially make spamming Battle Avionics more prominent, in spite the fact that Tether was changed.

Yeah, I agree on these ones. Just felt it wouldn't be fair to list positive changes only.

Nothing they've offered is any actual improvement.

It's really bad.  All of it. 

Sorry to rain on this parade.  I'm not one to do this when it comes to Warframe critiques, but this is just really a bad decision all around. 

Archived