Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-03-09 at 4:03 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Early Adopters

Now for the “Early Adopters” information. Whether you’re someone that’s already ‘finished’ Railjack or have just a couple of hours under your belt - we have a variety of bundles you may be eligible for!

Clan has a Dry Dock:

Exclusive Clan Railjack Monument!

ClanStatue.jpg

Player has Completed 1 or more Wreckage or Clan BP and 4 Avionics Grid Slots Maxed: Tier 1

1x Rush Repair Drone
2x Armament Slots
10 x Riven Slivers
Bonus Railjack Mods
- Munitions Vortex
- Battle Forge
- Particle Ram
- Void Hole
- Railjack Resource Bundle

Player has completed at least 3 Wreckage and 7 Avionic Grid Slots Maxed: Tier 2

- Everything in Tier 1
- 2x Rush Repair Drones
- 15 Riven Slivers
- 10,000 Endo
 -7 Day Resource and Affinity Booster
- Railjack Resource Bundle #2

Player has completed at least 6 Wreckage and Full Avionic Grid Slots Maxed: Tier 3

- Everything in Tier 1 AND Tier 2
 - 3x Rush Repair Drones
 - Legendary Core
 - Umbra Forma
 - Railjack Resource Bundle #3

so if i have all full avionic grid slots maxed and all of my wreckage are AT LEAST Mk III stuff (yes including the crappy Sigma Mk III available from dojo) that i repaired myself, i should be eligible for Tier 3 right?

5 minutes ago, addamrobin2 said:

so if i have all full avionic grid slots maxed and all of my wreckage are AT LEAST Mk III stuff (yes including the crappy Sigma Mk III available from dojo) that i repaired myself, i should be eligible for Tier 3 right?

per what Reb said thursday on the stream ya

On 2021-03-12 at 3:05 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Does the Plexus Need Forma?
While the new Plexus can indeed be upgraded with additional Forma (much like any other equipment you may use), it does come with 3 Base Polarities already. There’s also more Mod Points available without Forma due to the Aura Slot - which gives Modding Capacity like on Warframes! While it is possible to add additional Forma later, the amount of items you will be able to slot from the get-go are quite generous. You can also add an Orokin Reactor to double your Modification points, much like a Warframe.=

NOTE: This will come pre-installed, no player Orokin Reactors required.

It's a nice gesture and all but... If you wanted to make the whole thing work more or less like what people are used to (Dirac to Endo, Avionics to Mods, Damage to... damage I guess) then make it so that it only comes with a reactor when purchased from the market (like it is with all the other stuff). You could just chuck a potato into the tier one bundle or give us a month long RJ based "gift of the Lotus" potato instead of this change.     

48 minutes ago, fakeplayerr said:

Mostly good changes, but some of them just dont make sense as mentioned previously here and slightly tweaking old system would have been just fine.

1) Avionics to mods and dirac to endo. Converting all the dirac into endo, that is fine. Now, making them mods, which will cost way more than dirac upgrades, as modding requires also millions of credits. Looking at those screenshots, we already can see some Rank 10 mod which costs us 1,4 million credits and 40k endo or smth to max out.

2) Also mods and their capacity. Before with avionics we had reactor where T3 component can give us like 120 extra capacity. Now we only have 30 and requires some serious forma action + orokin catalyst probably. Give us base capacity of 60 or 90 or whatever that doesnt force us putting in another 8 forma. 

3) Biggest no-go imo - loss of Railjack energy! Just why? why? Does not make any sense. Operators have their own, frames have their own, archwings have their own and now this massive spaceship will run on tenno throwing energy pads under their feet! So silly. You guys mentioned numerous times, that you want diversity in this game etc - but this eventually ends with 4 people running hildryn or if you decide to ban him from railjack missions, then thats no good to players who enjoy playing with her etc. Other than that, we now have to run primed flow on every frame there, which again means less diversity in builds. Oh btw, railjack weapons can be forgotten then, as it is even easier to spam nuke abilites now than ever before.

In general, this and all this ammo sharing system is kinda off imo, I enjoyed having squad working within ship, forging all that stuff etc etc. Feels kinda weird that every tenno now carries dome charges and ordnance ammo in their napsacks when joining the mission, Those things should be on ships arsenal, lets be honest.

But still looking forward to it, lots of good stuff to be positive about.

your Number 3 is IMO why this was so needed yes in a group of players that want to work well together it was always fun and i loved it

The problem was that for a new player that wouldn't listen or just straight up wanted to be a troll, it was far to easy for them to join a mission and waste all the resources before you could even be sure who did it. 1 person could scrap a mission so it drove alot of people to play solo 

as for 4 people running hildryn it might happen for some groups but I think overall they are trying to get it to not just be a mission on the ship anymore (getting rid of gian point)  and give more variety to the parts of the missions that require you to leave the railjack as these do get stale since its the same 4 objectives with little change. so I dont think its going to be the same frames all the time, at least not anymore than the rest of the game.  

Megan is talking Kuva lich crew on stream.

1) Command intrinsic (she thinks 8, not sure) required.

2) Liches can't do anything but fight: no piloting, repairing, etc.

Possibly a limit of just 1 lich per crew, but she's not sure.

Rank 10 command won't be released immediately. (old news, she just reconfirmed.)

Ash&Oberon (non-prime) are moved from the current drop tables to some kind of Railjack drops. (F for infiinite Oberon parts in the inv...)

Nyx and Valkyr&their weapons perma-unvaulted (old.)

New "Railjack-focused" Sentinel.

Unvaulted relics and sentinel part drop from "loot dungeons" like that abandoned tower in Ruse. There would be 2 more types: some kind of mine and (didn't catch.)

Athodai would be another new drop from these.

Release date is "sometime this week, next week, next few weeks," so I guess they need more time, I'm  OK with that.

Stream's over, I needed to mute the stream a few times, so maybe I missed something.

I'm actually happy with new drops, not sure about Oberon...

On 2021-03-08 at 3:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe Energy, Round 2 FAQ. 
Warframe Energy continues to be a big conversation in threads and posts about The New Railjack. We are indeed changing a lot, and this part of the FAQ outlines deeper connections between all these changes. 

Energy Generation

- The Battle Forge can make Warframe Energy now! This means that in addition to existing player strategies, the Forge itself will be regularly outputting large pools of Warframe energy with Player use.  

if it wasn't obvious from the overwhelming amount of threads... we DON'T want railjack energy linked with warframe energy.

24 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Ash&Oberon (non-prime) are moved from the current drop tables to some kind of Railjack drops. (F for infiinite Oberon parts in the inv...)

Really bad move to put oberon parts into railjack drops.  He was an easily newbie-accessible healer frame, which is a commodity early-game.  If you're viable in railjack, you already have good enough builds that you don't need an oberon.

As for the Liches, it sounds like the kind of thing they're gonna have to adjust, because liches barely damage regular enemies; railjack enemies' boosted defenses is gonna mean liches won't do any damage at all.  If damage is all they're good for, then they're gonna be good for nothing.

There a lot looking really good, especially command intrinsics. Then there are changes like with damage types... will they work how damage types normally work? Does that means no more armor strip, or radiation like effect? If so that absolutely sucks...

There is also a lot concerning me here. Getting rid of Gian point is a horrible idea. This game has enough of a problem with people leeching for affinity and Gian Point was the solution to that. The new system for avionics is looking extremely unfavorable to me. The last thing we need is more forma. I really thought the current system was great, way better than the warframe mod system, so very unhappy to see that go. I also don't see why the energy change is needed. Having to reply on warframe energy is going to suck for lower rank players. But I guess with my Zenurik I can spam abilities more?

So many really awesome changes though. I no longer have to worry about people wasting my supplies, or worry about forgetting to restock. I am hyped for the new modes as well. Not so hyped to have to regrind a lot though. Overall I really can't say this is overall good or bad until I play it since there is a lot of mixed stuff, but I definitely think there is a potential I will enjoy railjack more. I just hope the good outweighs the bad. 

So thinking about these changes for about a week I must say I feel generally optimistic about these changes (shout out to all the people who've undoubtedly worked hard on all of this)... but there's a few fears that keep nagging me.
For context I'd like to upfront state that I really like Railjack. I had an almost maxed out Railjack before the first rework. I've never played it other than solo. 

Stuff I love unconditionally:

• The redesign of the interior. Props to the people who made this it is so impressive how you've compressed the Railjack into a smaller yet fully familier version of itself. The new look feels slightly more claustrophobic and utilitarian (much like a submarine) and I love it 😍.
  • New tactical map. Elegant, functional, and stationary 👍
  • Hull component. Elegant solution to the avionics no longer being able to buff armor and hp and makes them conform with shields. Excited to see what trade offs you're offering us.
  • No stamina. Sounds fun and fast (with a fair trade off) 🤩

Stuff I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with but...

• Hazards rework. All of them sound like the right amount of trouble. Something that you want to deal with but not impossible to ignore for a bit... well except catastrophic hull breaches :). Really cool design work there.
    How "fun" it'll be does depend on spawn rate though. Currently I have very little feeling with how and why I got a malfunction on my Railjack. I also care very little because thanks to my rank 10 in Engineering it's just a quick click to be rid of it. All in all not that satisfying to deal with. It seems almost random and it takes very little to fix.
    A humble suggestion for a future update would be: Have the malfunctions happen as a result of "failure" on the part of the pilot or the gunners to prevent a special attack from connecting with the Railjack (much like ramsleds). If the attack connects it spawns a handful of malfunctions at once. This means that it'll take a bit more of a effort to fix it all and the rank 10 can be used to fix stuff a bit more efficiently without becoming the only solution.
  • PLEXUS. It's... ok I guess. I'm indifferent to the Avionics becoming Mods because after you guys nixed the whole " 3 different Houses" bit they where basically just Mods by another name anyways.
    The grid was also just a resource dump that had no interesting mechanics. So that I now have a slightly different grid is whatever I guess.
    I'm interested to see what you guys do with a bunch of the mods. Ever since the first rework I have not touched my avionics grid so I guess it'll be fun to see if there could be room for some actual builds.
    But all in all it's just a bit... bland. Yes that is kind of the point by making it more in line with the rest of the game but I just feel like this was the final blow to the potential of the grid. No possibility of adjacency bonusus being introduced. No possibility of some slots being higher level than others so you'd have to prioritize what goes where (that was an interesting few days during the initial grind). No trade off between avionics and flux. Just plain, safe and slightly bland business as usual. 😞
    I am hoping (though I realise that it probably wont be the case) that seeing as the PLEXUS is basically a warframe (has mods, requires reactor, can accept forma, and even gives 6000 MR) it'll get its own Lavarian entry or some other lore bit (the failed space frame perhaps?).
  • Crew. It's finally here (yay). No more running in and out of POI's to kill radiators when running solo which soften the loss of Gian quite a bit. ☺️
    But I'm not all that impressed by how we get them.
    On 2021-03-08 at 9:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

it’s time to visit Ticker in Fortuna. She can put you in touch with a wide variety of people from all across the Star Chart for the right Hire price!

Now dont' get me wrong; I love Ticker as much as the next Tenno but... why her? All our crew is from the Syndicates. We have a direct contact with all of them and a established way of getting stuff from them. It also just undermines the whole syndicate rivalry even further. Red veil might be zealous fanatics out to kill me every few missions but I can pick up one of their agents at a bit of a premium from a debt collector? Also reminds me how bland syndicate agents are (but that could be a thread in and of itself). 

Stuff I'm indifferent to:

• Intrinsics. I'm rank 10 in all of the four currently available. So I'll be able to get all of the "must haves" right out of the gate (none of those past rank 6 IMO) and the rests are just stuff that is nice to have but which I don't care all that much about.
  • Refunds. While I appreciate the  gesture and won't turn down free stuff I just feel like you guys are setting bad precedent. WF is in perpetual development yet it seems you guys can't fix mistakes and/or change your minds about stuff without having to shower the playerbase  with "we're sorry" gifts/bribes... it just...kinda sucks. 

Hope that my ramblings can be of even a little use to you guys. I'm very excited for this new patch. Thank you for all your hard work under these difficult circumstances ❤️   

22 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Feedback is when you identify something wrong or what's causing problems to you. Then you offer advice or ideas on how to correct these issues.

Okay, so let's do it your way.  

Problem #1: Railjack customization UI was not 'instinctive', hence it will be reworked into mods.

This 'rework' brought about 4 problems alone. The mod upgrade costs, the need to use forma, the limitation of polarities from the mods, and the limitation of capacity.

Solution: Do nothing and keep the old avionics system, but introduce pop-up tips like in warframe ability tips on how to mod your railjack. It's been a LONG time tradition of DE not giving players any idea how to actually do things, and it's time for this to be adressed. We have Cephalon Cy AND Ordis on standby, why not make them provide tutorials on how to costumize RJ? Even Simaris has an actual tutorial on how to capture synthesis targets.

Problem #2: Unification of RJ damage types into standard types.

This rework is blatant nerf to RJ weapon usability since the normal damage types doesn't have the secondary effect the RJ damage types did.

Solution: Do nothing. Seriously. We know that DE wants you to spend more time in this game mode, but making it harder to finish each mission will only make people hates playing it more.

Problem #3: Flux energy will be erased and be sourced from Warframe energy Pool, combined with passive energy generation from Generator and craftable energy from forge.

Probably the most hotly debated topic second to the avionics to mod problem. This will create 3 problems: forming of an energy meta, limits the freedom of warframe selection if you want to get maximum energy recharge or forces you to spend resources to refill energy, which will lock down the forge on a timer.

Solution: Mix the two systems together: Generator provides maximum energy capacity and recharge rates, but energy can be refilled by picking up SPECIAL energy orbs dropped by fighters. The amount restored cannot be influenced by any arcanes or warframe abilities, but set as % from total maximum. Picking up energy orbs will also boost the regeneration rate for 20-30% for 5 seconds. This will prevent the energy meta, exploting warframe abilities and arcanes to quickly recharge the energy and spamming abilities.

Problem #4: Max level Gunnery will add extra heat during lockon.  

The most insane 'rework' idea they've put out. Who in their right mind would introduce this? Penalizing you for ranking up and gaining mastery? Adding punishment to a basic action you will definitely need to do since targeting is freaking hard BECAUSE someone has a bright idea of making projectiles has physics?

Solution: bring whoever coined this and whoever approved the change and have them lay off drugs for at least one year Either lose the 'extra heat' bit or change it completely. May I suggest 'added projectile velocity and damage' or 'projectile gains a slight homing effect'. Both are quite balanced: velocity means you're more likely to hit, and the damage compensates the 100% hit bonus, while slight homing can be either good or bad depending how the fighters and the homing script works. If anything, we won't be using these anyways if the energy rework got passed; all players will be spamming abilities.

Problem #5: Cannot shoot front guns during boost.

This is a problem because DE forget that to drift, you need to boost. Drift manoevers are VERY useful in dodging incoming gunfire from crewships while disabling their boosters. As evidenced by the last stream before this day's, disabling this will essentially turn dogfights between you and crewship into a tanking match. We don't know how good the targeting AI of the crews are, but highly likely they won't be able to hit enemies while we boosted either, even with carcinoxx equipped. This is very likely another nerf to Cyrophon, which benefitted from this manoever.

Solution: JUST LET US SHOOT DAMNIT. How many nerfs are you guys putting on older equipment in order to 'sell' the new ones?

As you can see, most problems caused by this rework can be fixed by simply keeping it as it before. Meaning the entirety of this rework is just something that won't benefit the playerbase as a whole...must I explain further how non-pro-players DE has been doing? With no test cluster or anything, just dropping this rework on live, despite this thread growing daily.

1 hour ago, nebfab said:

Rank 10 command won't be released immediately. (old news, she just reconfirmed.)

Nyx and Valkyr&their weapons perma-unvaulted (old.)

New "Railjack-focused" Sentinel.

Unvaulted relics and sentinel part drop from "loot dungeons" like that abandoned tower in Ruse. There would be 2 more types: some kind of mine and (didn't catch.)

Athodai would be another new drop from these.

Release date is "sometime this week, next week, next few weeks," so I guess they need more time, I'm  OK with that.

Stream's over, I needed to mute the stream a few times, so maybe I missed something.

I'm actually happy with new drops, not sure about Oberon...

Ya the kuva lich can only defend bit seems a little weird.  Why even be there if they are just going be guarding the ship and not doing anything. I guess it could work out if the lich had some mechanic like boarders can't damage the ship while they are present and guarding.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Ya the kuva lich can only defend bit seems a little weird.  Why even be there if they are just going be guarding the ship and not doing anything. I guess it could work out if the lich had some mechanic like boarders can't damage the ship while they are present and guarding.

Hopefully this is something Rebecca can give us more info on an FAQ update or stream before the release

En 14/3/2021 a las 13:00, Digressive dijo:

EDIT: (didn't mean to quote you and I don't know how to delete this quote. My bad...)

Quick question tho. I have all avionics already maxed. When they are turned into mods, are they going to be reset back to Rank 0? If so, will I be getting the Dirac/Endo I spent on them back?

12 minutes ago, ColmCorb said:

Quick question tho. I have all avionics already maxed. When they are turned into mods, are they going to be reset back to Rank 0? If so, will I be getting the Dirac/Endo I spent on them back?

Yes and yes.

Credits aren't required for avionics though right?  So that is the one part that we haven't really got an answer for yet.

particle ram and tether are the same polarity, i didnt like it before and its still there.

is there sentient ship a node now?, i would like to farm just that poi

still want a warframe kill shot with slingshot, shooting a warframe right through the ship core and they blow up. 

can you make the optimists inbound alarm annoying AF and plastered all over the pilot ui, SO not kidding.

i want highlight system for the pilot interface to show floating materials

On 2021-03-08 at 3:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe Energy, Round 2 FAQ. 
Warframe Energy continues to be a big conversation in threads and posts about The New Railjack. We are indeed changing a lot, and this part of the FAQ outlines deeper connections between all these changes. 

Energy Generation

- The Battle Forge can make Warframe Energy now! This means that in addition to existing player strategies, the Forge itself will be regularly outputting large pools of Warframe energy with Player use.

Wow, I had not seen this change, this is amazing.

The Railjack could've always used a way to Resupply Warframes with Energy, Health or Ammo to complete longer missions, as long as this Energy restoring isn't too excessive or fast it should be ok.

Just please DO NOT have Railjack convert Warframe Energy to Flux Energy for it's abilities, this will not work.

6 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

I think you pretty much nailed the reason why players are starting to see forma as a bad thing. Over the last 2 years Lich were released (5 forma sink for full mastery) necramech was released (5 forma sink for full mastery, maybe more for proper use) and now rail jack is about to be released as yet another forma sink. What more the Corpus Queenpin will be coming by the end of the years as yet another forma sink. Also not to forget that the Dev Stream mentioned something about wanting to work on the gun damage and that would result in lots of new mods.

This is what people are starting to get burned on. As you pointed out, forma in itself isn't all that bad. The problem come from the polarity limitation it creates, which makes build experimentation very hard when you are limited by all the polarities.

With the backlash this workshop get on the subject of forma,  DE should realize that it might be time for them to consider changing how forma polarity work across the game.

• Be it allowing us to add multiple polarity to a specific slot and use the right one if it was unlocked when we place a mod in.
  • Or simply change forma to give universal polarity, well minus umbra. meaning All forma type give universal for the slots they affect, and Umbra could make the slot truly universal by adding the oh so rare polarity most build don't really require.

Yes that would be a big change, but ultimately this feel like it would benefit the game more than keeping on going with the current iteration of forma.

Like a blind butcher, I'd like to get a feel for those steaks.

Joking aside, let me offer some difference in perspective here.  What does every single weapon in the game that shoots require?  Well, that'd be two V polarities.  Why is that?  Multishot and base damage.  Bam.  What are two of the most expensive mods in the game?  Well....multishot and damage.  So, it's basically a two forma tax on every single weapon you'd like to be anywhere near viable out of the gate.

Now, let's compare this to the melee system.  I can build a weapon with high damage and speed out of the gate, or one with huge critical chance out of the gate, or even one with huge status chance.  I can also forego all base damage boosts, and make a melee weapon that will slowly speed up to deliver insanely fast blows with huge status or crit, even without insanely high base stats.  

My point here is that the guns in this game have no combo mechanism, so they are forced to use base statistic buffs.  This is why they don't scale for crap, and why melee is the only choice for high level content.  This is also why my Opticor has 7 forma, while my Stropha has 4.  Despite this, at x12 combo the Stropha can one shot things the Opticor literally cannot down in two solid shots.

All of this is to illustrate that the problem is not forma.  The problem is that DE hasn't given us a viable alternative method of attaining power for these items.

So, what does this mean for Railjack 3.0?  I may not agree with the "forma is the problem" statement.  What I do agree with is that if basic features are going to cost insane amounts of capacity (read: 8 or more) then you're basically being forced to spend capacity on things that literally are not choice.  They're fundamentally a tax on basic features....and with Railjack this is a problem.  Turret cooling....basic feature.  Turret damage....also basic feature.  Dome charges...both the damage and potential to not use them on attack are 100% basic features.  If DE gave us a different experience then the mod requirement wouldn't be worth talking about.  Unfortunately....this is not that.

-Also this is why the Kuva weapons and Mechs were an issue.  There's no logic in not having health and armor boosts....but the cost of them was high.  What then is the forma good for?  Well, about another day of low level grind.  Ouch.-

5 hours ago, nebfab said:

So pretty much worthless it would seem. I'd say I'm shocked but I honestly don't find it too surprising, sadly. Oberon being moved to RJ is also assinine. Harder to obtain for new players. Reg Ash is fine though, manic farming isn't fun at all. Athodai...part of me says yay (I can get it now) and part of me says nay (Spectra V farm says hello, I suck). Oh well, like the rest of the RJ changes it's 2 steps forward and 5 steps back...business as usual :/

Archived