Jump to content

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack


Recommended Posts

3 часа назад, LillyRaccune сказал:

Jokes aside, I hope the liches are not doomed to the boxed existence of living in my codex and being forced to talk to Ordis.

Truly the fate worse than death.

Anyway, to summarize what seems to go live regardless of any feedback. This workshop is treasure trove of bad ideas and S#&$ implementations.

1) Flux energy change is horrible. There's no other way to cut it.

2) Plexus change seems bad. There is potential it won't suck live, depending on required resource sink, but I'm not hopeful. And I'm ready to bet it's going to be bugged up the ass.

3) Ensmallening of RJ interior I don't like. I kinda understand why it's done, but it's the wrong way to tackle the problem. They should have filled that empty space with something meaningful instead. Overall, I'd prefer an option to keep the current size.

4) Command intrinsic looks decent enough on its own, but the decision to functionally exclude liches from it is nothing short of idiotic.

5) Damage type changes seem inconsequential. Change for the sake of change.

6) Intrinsic changes seem either inconsequential, or, as with gunnery 10, idiotic.

7) Stamina, hazards and other minor gameplay stuff - eh...

8) New missions sound lame. There is some hope for exploration aspect, and loot dungeons mentioned above. But the mission types described in workshop look like they are going to be what galleon/asteroid assassinations are now -  just a regular mission plugged into RJ. Not exactly RJ experience. Like, I guess it's more stuff to do, which is welcome? We'll see at release.

Overall, whatever hype and expectations I had for this update is completely gone. Yay. Hope it won't suck too much.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the news that Lich crew can only defend is a wasted opportunity. DE getting a converted lich requires more effort than getting a regular crew member. You need to summon a lich, do the 3 hour murmur grind, maybe an hour of Requiem Relic cracking just to get ONE lich. Regular crew? I can just swipe my MasterClemCard and buy all the crew ticker has because how easy it is to get credits and resources required.

You either make them function like a regular crew member or they do not take up a crew slot. Don’t disappoint those people who gathered a legion of converted liches DE.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, only just found out about the compensation changes.. Guess I go from getting a bunch of stuff to getting nothing since I had built a lot of stuff, and as for my dirac, prioritized maxing grid slots last, and instead spread everything around.

Not the biggest loss but it is a rotten feeling. Basically 'oh, I'm getting an unexpected gift', followed by 'oh, it wasn't actually for me'. Oh well, I doubt theres going to be any concession for my edge case.

 

Hope that liches turn out more useful than what the recent discussion is indicating, but at best they'd likely get buffed in a patch later (at least for PC) simply since I dont know if theres time to change them this close to the patch coming out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Arisaya said:

Welp, only just found out about the compensation changes.. Guess I go from getting a bunch of stuff to getting nothing since I had built a lot of stuff, and as for my dirac, prioritized maxing grid slots last, and instead spread everything around.

Not the biggest loss but it is a rotten feeling. Basically 'oh, I'm getting an unexpected gift', followed by 'oh, it wasn't actually for me'. Oh well, I doubt theres going to be any concession for my edge case.

 

Hope that liches turn out more useful than what the recent discussion is indicating, but at best they'd likely get buffed in a patch later (at least for PC) simply since I dont know if theres time to change them this close to the patch coming out.

You can still max a few slots easily enough, probably not the full max grid but enough for T1 or T2...

 

ADD: That said, there were quite a few posts like that, so, to avoid that kind of situation, why not change the requirement to total dirac spent on grid? DE can still communicate it in terms of maxed slots for the ease of tracking, and T3 could still be max grid, so it won't matter there, but if someone was spreading dirac around the grid they'll still get something.

Edited by nebfab
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 19 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

an hour of Requiem Relic cracking just to get ONE lich

Did you ever think about paying other players for their work of reqiuem relic cracking? Roundabout 10pl costs per Lich should be affordable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, the liches taking up a crew slot while being unable to actually "crew" anything seems.... Extremely disheartening. I was expecting them to be part of that "elite crew" thing they mentioned for command 10 and for them to have their own slot so you could always have one at all times. I would be ok with them being pretty much useless  just sat around waiting to eat damage from the next boarding party if they were not actively hindering our ship's functionality by taking up a slot I could put someone else in that could actually get in the pilot/gunnery stations. Here's hopes that they at least make the liches worth using as crew members at some point.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

Did you ever think about paying other players for their work of reqiuem relic cracking? Roundabout 10pl costs per Lich should be affordable.

You still have the murmur grind to deal with and that takes most of the chunk of your time getting a converted lich.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 44 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

You still have the murmur grind to deal with and that takes most of the chunk of your time getting a converted lich.

What a pity in a grinding game. Do you still remember why you play a game like warframe? 😃

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mathias486 said:

By "full avionic grid maxed" (for the reward tiers), do they mean integrated+ battle+strategic avionics, or just the integrated avionics ?

need all of it max with battle and strategic

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-08 at 5:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you’d rather just jump straight into the action, a fully built Railjack will also be available through the Market for Platinum in the new Railjack category.

Quick question. You guys added some of the exclusive weapons of the Entrati, Mausolon, Cortege and the Mech's. Why are Trumna and Sepulcrum exceptions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I hate this post so much. Warframe isn't a "grinding game", it's a Third Person Shooter with incredible mobility options. I still play it because it's fun to do. Infinite grind isn't player involvement, it's a way to kill your creative product. Your mentality is usually what we call "Stockholm Syndrome", as far as I can tell, and Stockholm Syndrome doesn't bring in new players.

Sorry to intrude. But I disagree with you on the "Stockholm Syndrome" thing. DE isnt holding us as hostages, we're all free to leave if we want. But a yeah, just accepting the grind isnt gonna help anyone.

Edited by JulioSouza98
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just adding in one more to the choir that if it's accurate that converted liches are going to take up a crew slot while producing less benefit, that's disappointing and silly.

If there are deeper code architecture reasons preventing liches from behaving as crew, the next best obvious solution is to be able to assign one to your railjack without taking up a "regular" crew slot. That would also allow a full 4 player squad to still have a pet lich hanging around as the ship mascot, and to that mild degree allow a full squad on a lich-having ship to not worry about juggling boarder-defense duties as much as they would on a lich-less ship. Almost certainly not a big difference, but still at least some incentive for people to ever bother converting liches.

Another option would be for a (not crew-slot-consuming) lich assignment would be if it also gave some kind of performance boost to your other crew. Their previous employment was all about optimizing local workforces, after all!

Edited by Drastic
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Drastic said:

Another option would be for a (not crew-slot-consuming) lich assignment would be if it also gave some kind of performance boost to your other crew. Their previous employment was all about optimizing local workforces, after all!

I like that idea, but is it wrong that after reading this i picture the Grineer Lich as masochist and the coming Corpus Queenpin as sadist ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Drastic said:

Just adding in one more to the choir that if it's accurate that converted liches are going to take up a crew slot while producing less benefit, that's disappointing and silly.

If there are deeper code architecture reasons preventing liches from behaving as crew, the next best obvious solution is to be able to assign one to your railjack without taking up a "regular" crew slot. That would also allow a full 4 player squad to still have a pet lich hanging around as the ship mascot, and to that mild degree allow a full squad on a lich-having ship to not worry about juggling boarder-defense duties as much as they would on a lich-less ship. Almost certainly not a big difference, but still at least some incentive for people to ever bother converting liches.

Another option would be for a (not crew-slot-consuming) lich assignment would be if it also gave some kind of performance boost to your other crew. Their previous employment was all about optimizing local workforces, after all!

That's not a bad idea at all! Seriously, post it in the feedback part later. 

Have the elemental type be correlated with the kind of bonus they would give. Maybe an electric lich will give you extra flux, a radiation lich would inflict random rad procs on boarders, frost lich reduce turret heat buildup, etc. 

I'm fine with them not piloting, as long as they change it so they take up their own personal slot and could follow you on boarding parties. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arisaya said:

Welp, only just found out about the compensation changes.. Guess I go from getting a bunch of stuff to getting nothing since I had built a lot of stuff, and as for my dirac, prioritized maxing grid slots last, and instead spread everything around.

Not the biggest loss but it is a rotten feeling. Basically 'oh, I'm getting an unexpected gift', followed by 'oh, it wasn't actually for me'. Oh well, I doubt theres going to be any concession for my edge case.

 

Hope that liches turn out more useful than what the recent discussion is indicating, but at best they'd likely get buffed in a patch later (at least for PC) simply since I dont know if theres time to change them this close to the patch coming out.

 

Well idk what you have been spending dirac on but the 40k dirac to max the grid should be pretty easy to get to it sounds monumental buts it's really not that much. Burning unused parts gets you dirac the missions drop dirac and unused avionics can be burnt for dirac you have to remember this isn't intended as a grab bag but as a bonus for people that enjoyed playing railjack before because they are gutting it and replacing it's with what is basically a totally different system. While I agree it's for the best it does take the work I laid out to max my grid and get the ship parts I want for my ship and completely wipes it. While I played tons of missions I was most often on someone else's ship so I never built any parts until I had good ones that I wanted but the whole time I was collecting dirac so the 30 parts was only ever going to help the people that just built stuff. With the maxed ship rewards it rewards people that have been playing I really don't see how you play railjack and not reach a maxed grid

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to the small QoL changes. I was okay with the larger interior, but I still get lost sometimes. :crylaugh: So I'm happy for the great ensmallening.

I am hyped for the new missions. Never playing "skirmish" again! lol :devil:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Stunde schrieb JulioSouza98:

just accepting the grind isnt gonna help anyone.

That's what separates the veterans from the rookies. Work towards a goal in the game instead of wasting excessive time on the forums. Be one of the former and none of the latter like others here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cliffghost said:

That's what separates the veterans from the rookies. Work towards a goal in the game instead of wasting excessive time on the forums. Be one of the former and none of the latter like others here.

That's not the point though. People reasonably expect that 2x the grind would roughly mean 2x the reward (I know, probabilities don't work that way, but that's what people expect.)

And here we're talking about hours-long grind session giving you something that's really inferior to what you can get in half an hour from Ticker (at least if the kind of prices we saw in the video are not placeholders.) The regular crew seem to be priced like the Solaris bond packs/Entrati tokens except for that standing modifier. Even a super-mega-premium Ticker bond pack, even at 2X the cost is still easier to grind than a converted lich.

Edited by nebfab
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Truly the fate worse than death.

Anyway, to summarize what seems to go live regardless of any feedback. This workshop is treasure trove of bad ideas and S#&$ implementations.

1) Flux energy change is horrible. There's no other way to cut it.

2) Plexus change seems bad. There is potential it won't suck live, depending on required resource sink, but I'm not hopeful. And I'm ready to bet it's going to be bugged up the ass.

3) Ensmallening of RJ interior I don't like. I kinda understand why it's done, but it's the wrong way to tackle the problem. They should have filled that empty space with something meaningful instead. Overall, I'd prefer an option to keep the current size.

4) Command intrinsic looks decent enough on its own, but the decision to functionally exclude liches from it is nothing short of idiotic.

5) Damage type changes seem inconsequential. Change for the sake of change.

6) Intrinsic changes seem either inconsequential, or, as with gunnery 10, idiotic.

7) Stamina, hazards and other minor gameplay stuff - eh...

8) New missions sound lame. There is some hope for exploration aspect, and loot dungeons mentioned above. But the mission types described in workshop look like they are going to be what galleon/asteroid assassinations are now -  just a regular mission plugged into RJ. Not exactly RJ experience. Like, I guess it's more stuff to do, which is welcome? We'll see at release.

Overall, whatever hype and expectations I had for this update is completely gone. Yay. Hope it won't suck too much.

Have to agree pretty much every point you made few things you forget Gian point,Tether & Liches as crewmembers.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-10 at 6:19 PM, Kaotyke said:

3% of all Steam players, I bet.

ALL Steam players.

EVERY. LAST. PERSON. Who downloaded Warframe since it was put on Steam.

Since 2013.

Since before Achievements were made a thing in there.

Thats all I will say.

According to steam achievements.
Gonna Need a Bigger Boat - Enter the Dry Dock 5.7%
Some Assembly Required - Collect and assemble all Railjack components 2.5%
I'm the Captain Now - Pilot a hijacked enemy crewship during a Railjack mission 2.1%
From out of the Sun - Shoot down 100 enemies while in a Railjack 2.0%

And while that is taking account all players who ever played. I still feel that is incredibly low.

prerequisites: 
Have an archwing (From out of the Sun, I'm the captain Now)
Having a clan (Gonna Need a Bigger Boat, Some Assembly Required)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, it was fun while it lasted, but Tether had to go, side guns had to be buffed and anyone who expected anything else just didn't really think of all the downsides of the tether meta (the biggest one being that it only has definite roles for 3 players, not 4.)

 

 

Edited by nebfab
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 16 Stunden schrieb (PSN)True_Reclaimer:

Getting a mech is much harder than getting an amp

Your casual friends will quit immediately when they see they need to be Rank 5 in Entrati and max rank in Lloyd, on top of needing to farm hundreds of Isolation vaults for RNG part drops, on top of needing to mine thousands of rocks for the gems, on top of needing to spear hundreds of infested fish for the parts

I agree with the first part but my casual friends did all the work to get a mech as well as some mods because...mechs. The trailer was exciting and we wanted to play mechs so we farmed them. Maybe my use of "casual" wasn't right in this particular case, sry about that, but in general they are more casual. 

 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (PSN)True_Reclaimer:

 Yet all that and people think it is easier than building an amp or shooting weakpoints on eidolons that I can solo all 3 in a half hour? 

I also find orphix feels much more repetitive and boring than eidolon hunts,

In this case or at least for my friends it's not about farming but about understanding things. For Orphix you just need to go into your mech and shoot things. But even tho Eidolons are "capture these, dmg these, go there and do this" it's a lil bit more than that and when fighting, all the attacks of the later eidolons as well as the special vomvalysts and "why I'm constantly getting dmg'd?" while remembering mechanics for the 1st time can fear some players.

But I agree with how Orphix feels vs eidolon hunts, these mechanics make them more interesting than just walking and shooting and I also very much like eidolon hunts as well. I would also like it if we didn't have a timer.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Slayer-.:

 

If you could see Nekromast game profile you would see they are not new, yes new to the forum if you want to base it on post count, I see you seem to be one of these 'oh you know nothing if you have a low post count.'

Everybody is allowed to have a comment, whether whimsical or not.

Thank you :)

Edited by Nekromast
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...