Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

14 minutes ago, Kokomala said:

The difference is that the current avionic grid increases the rank of the avionic without increasing the drain, combined with your reactor pick determines your avionic capacity. They've kept the avionic power the same and added roughly the grid rank to the mod rank, but also looked to have kept drain similar to existing mods on our other gear.

1 or 2 forma will get your same loadout. But then again with all of the changes, you might not even need that for an effective build - especially in a squad.

How is the avoinic power the same?  Hyperstrike @ 13 drain currently does 121% with a maxed out grid and on the latest stream, it's been heavily nerfed to 75% @ 15 drain.  If they increased the drain to compensate for the missing power of the grid power then fair enough but not only have they increase then drain but they also nerfed the damage...

26 minutes ago, NODE-304 said:

How is the avoinic power the same?  Hyperstrike @ 13 drain currently does 121% with a maxed out grid and on the latest stream, it's been heavily nerfed to 75% @ 15 drain.  If they increased the drain to compensate for the missing power of the grid power then fair enough but not only have they increase then drain but they also nerfed the damage...

Considering they buffed gun damage, I'd not jump to knee-jerk reaction/conclusions for Hyperstrike specifically. Gun damage would need to be increased by ~26% for the damage to remain the same as it is now with that reduced %, though I would think it would be more. Until the patch drops, we won't know how much they buffed them.

However the other mods we briefly saw tooltips for, had the power roughly the same to what they are currently.

1 hour ago, NODE-304 said:

Has anyone else noticed the increased drain on the new Avionics vs the old (current) system based on Reb & Meg's latest stream?

My current RJ load consists of the following Avionics and when maxed out they drain 72 in total.  However, if we are going by the latest dev stream, then they will cost 100 or 84 if we make use of the 3 polarity slots. 

The plexus comes with an orokin reactor installed giving us 60 mod capacity.  If we add an aura mod then that raises it to 7 so a total of 67 capacity.  However, that means I can no longer use my current avionics load out on the new update because the new Avionics drain capacity has increased by over 17...

DE, why have you increased the mod drain of the new Avionics and almost double on some?

Old vs new.

Hyperstrike = 13 vs 15

Predator = 8 vs 11

Section Density = 10 vs 15

Forward Artillery = 9  vs 16

Artillery Cheap Shot = 3 vs 7

Warhead = 13 vs 16

Conic Nozzle = 8 vs 11

Ion Burn = 8 vs 9

Thanks

for most of this id expect the whole balance to be a totally new deal because its your mods not not the ships so you might not want to run Artillery Cheap Shot/Forward Artillery  if your never gonna fire the cannon and also since we will be able to forma the slots Forward Artillery will be 8 now type of thing they just want us to have to work for it a little bit more for it again

is it just me or did the update to the early adopters packages just get more confusing ? 
like do i have to repair a wreckage for each slot ? 
can i just repair 6 different wreckages and not care about the slots they go in as long as i got 6 of them made ? 
it says one item in each slot you have build yourself 
does that mean building something from the dojo research count aswell ? or does that not work since im pretty sure thats not a wreckage ? 
might just be me but it just got a lot more confusing to understand XD 

also a full grid does that also mean upgrading the grid slots on the battle part ? or just integrated and tactical ?

11 minutes ago, ddmaster12 said:

can i just repair 6 different wreckages and not care about the slots they go in as long as i got 6 of them made ?

This is my understanding. And of course make sure all of your grid is fully upgraded. And hurry, the patch lands today ;-)

9 minutes ago, ddmaster12 said:

is it just me or did the update to the early adopters packages just get more confusing ? 
like do i have to repair a wreckage for each slot ? 
it says one item in each slot you have build yourself 
does that mean building something from the dojo research count aswell ? or does that not work since im pretty sure thats not a wreckage ? 
might just be me but it just got a lot more confusing to understand XD 

also a full grid does that also mean upgrading the grid slots on the battle part ? or just integrated and tactical ?

i dont think they have had a response for this just yet but i get the feeling the 1 in each slot is just a guide to say this is a way you can see if your ok and its more important that you have built 6 parts to boost your railjacks power. the reason i think this is orignaly the requirment was 30 wreakages but they had nothing to tell us how many wreakages we have built and if you got lucky and had all the parts you ever wanted before you had to build 30 it was kind of unfair because your ship is already at your personal max but we have no idea if we made 30 but the grid is something that people should be upgrading reguardless and the other req is a visual oh i got this

8 minutes ago, Claimingkarma said:

i dont think they have had a response for this just yet but i get the feeling the 1 in each slot is just a guide to say this is a way you can see if your ok and its more important that you have built 6 parts to boost your railjacks power. the reason i think this is orignaly the requirment was 30 wreakages but they had nothing to tell us how many wreakages we have built and if you got lucky and had all the parts you ever wanted before you had to build 30 it was kind of unfair because your ship is already at your personal max but we have no idea if we made 30 but the grid is something that people should be upgrading reguardless and the other req is a visual oh i got this

ty for the answer i think i am good then 

a cool thought would be get some type of elite crew member for completing rescue missions even if it was a rare drop i think it would be cool to have a crew member that is better than others helping because you saved him just a thought for another way to introduce crew members  

1 minute ago, ddmaster12 said:

i cant find them anywhere outside of scrap wreckage

Make sure on the Engines tab that you have "All" (infinity symbol) selected and no text in the search box. If that's not it, I dunno what's going on.

62 pages of feedbacks and they still went through with the update with absolutely nothing changed. And they somehow made MKII better compared to MKIII in damage comparison...really? REALLY? You're saying that this best engine can't even outdamage a second-rate engine because you've put secondary stats on it? Carcinoxx got 'accurancy nerf but it's mainly cosmetic since the projectile size got bigger'...I'd bet 10 formas it wasn't the case and now the pinpoint accurancy got into scattershot mode. Enemy fighters now spawns in smaller group...great, another 'false longevity' trick to pad out mission time. New slash on impact procs are mostly useless unless you got an Opticor or Impact Kuva Nukor. New Sentinel mostly useless since the auto-repair, even if it's free needs you to be CLOSE to the damaged part, leaving the cockpit and exposing the RJ to more enemy fire where you can quite literally open your tactical menu and select repair. Second ability is quite literally Magus Anomaly on cooldown and on whim. Enemies divided by proxima is just lazy reskin and scan fodder, and can be trivialized by Ivara. Rank 10 gunnery skill still haven't been changed, and the heat accumulation is 20% faster. That's like saying 'yo bruh cyrophon or nothing' but give us all rapid-firing physics-obeying spray-and-pray type guns. Worst part of all is AvioMod max cap consumption increase. For an update that wants to 'diversify the meta' you guys are locking down the customization ability of the #*!%ing plexus already.

The only 'good' thing about this update would be not getting that pesky 'rare item' each time you're going to Infested missions, but why the #*!% Cubic Diodes and Carbides stays?

I  stay with it, before the update system of the railjack was better (just because it was different from the rest). Is stupid that you now also need potatoes and formas.  My ship was ready and now I have to start all over again. WTF

I can't say anything about the rest yet, because it spoiled my desire for it for the time being.

Having just dumped the entire 220k Endo i had upon logging in (including my previous stash of 50k) and a chunky 13 MILLION credits while still missing one mod at the end (Blackout Pulse) compared to what i had before... it's rather unsatisfactory.

13 MILLION credits. That is an unadulteralted 65 rounds of Index without a paid booster. Still 33 rounds with the booster i just got, quite a lot of grinding. just to not get back to where i was

Drop rates for railjack parts are noteworthy levels down (on average 1 (rarely 2/3) per mission with missions now being 10 times longer, rather than 3-5 every mission consistently). And i'm dropping Oberon Neuroptics as mission rewards... come on, i have a literal 2000 stack of those. If you wanna slap me with duds, just make it a credits stack.

Now i'm just praying i drop any type of material soon because my Railjack has become a paper tiger - shredding but dead to a crewship in 5 seconds. So i spent my entire compensation package and 13 million of my own credits to be significantly weaker, on top of no longer being able to start a public lobby without recruiting 4 people first if i want to use my railjack.

I get the feeling this should've spent another week in the oven, damn the flaming consequences.

8 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

no longer being able to start a public lobby without recruiting 4 people first if i want to use my railjack.

WTF, you can't just launch a veiljack node and have people pub into the mission as it goes? How did that even get brought up, much less get implemented?

Having played the new Update for afew hours I'd have to say it's rather dissapointing, but not as bad as a number of other people say it is though that does not change the fact you have a lot of work to do to fix all this mess and issues.

I had a number of Avionics maxed out and all you did was convert them into Aura Mods 0/5 unranked and I get no Compensation for it?
The Dirac used to upgrade some Avionics such as Void Hole was an okay cost and now my Void Hole is a 4/10 and costs so damn much Endo, can I like get a refund for this stupid convertion and fire the person who can't do maths.

Those that recieved the T1 - T3 Packages in the Inbox are seeing a maxed ranked Void Hole, Battle Forge, Munitions Vortex and Particle Ram to then find that they didn't get it or that it's unranked. Of course I assume it's meant to be unranked (If not then fix this please) but this is very misleading and if anyone even got T3 package then they surely would already own these Avionics/Mods so why offer an Unranked at all, why not just give us the Maxed ranked or something else.

Revolite being at 100 is utterly stupid and what's wierd is I was able to craft more during a mission making it go upto 200 and I bet I could keep going, this even applied to Dome Charges.
Starting at 2/2 Dome Charges so went to use both shots and then I craft +1 I get 3/3, I do another craft and get 4/4, then used another 2 shots so now at 2/4, went crafted another +1 and got 5/5, then another craft +1 I'm now at 6/6. I just don't understand what kind of mess this is and how you could cause all this, it's almost like you went backwards and this is RJ 0.5 or something.
As mentioned already If some random idiot went and crafted some Revolite and maybe Dome Charges for himself how is anyone else meant to get more of either when there is a CD for everyone cause of 1 person, spliting these up was a bad idea.

My Zetki MK III Engine is 0.08 faster than a basic MK III Engine and the boost is the same, like seriously what the hell why was it nerfed so bad.

I have to agree, for the Defense missions why can I not solo this or why is it inside and not outside with the RJ, I mean we are playing RJ are we not?
At least with Archwing a Defense is a Defense but RJ is meant to be so much more, yet it's sadly worse or no different.

Rank 10 Gunnery skill still hasn't been changed and is still useless.

I could keep going with more to say but I'm sure others will say it and I have yet to keep testing this RJ update to see how much more horror there is and that is assuming I don't get bored and just do something else until all this is fixed and people recieve compensation for this messy release.

Do like: New mission types, command intrinsic and crew customization options.

Meh: Intrinsic changes, Plexus, Drifting/stamina bar removal

Do not like: Ship size, Ticker being the only person you can hire crewmembers from, armor and health avionics not translating to mods, removal of flux.

Overall a fun update, however I feel that a few things have been changed for the worse with the intention of making it easier to access for new players. First of all, the thing with the plexus I like that it affects the battle and tactical mods, not the ship itself It's weird that some box's integrated mods can affect the ship itself. It's the host's ship, it'd be like having a sprint speed mod on your warframe affect the necramech you have, or the umbral mod set carrying over to the mech. Or if that doesn't help you how about you hop into a friend's mech but instead of using the mods built into their mech you use the mods in your mech, while you're driving their mech. Stamina removal is...meh but it feels like drifting has lost it's impact for me. I always envisioned it as like that one moment in solo where they put a drop of that red booster stuff in the engine.

As for the things I don't like, I feel it'd be nice if you could go to a syndicate in a relay and be able to find a crewmember or two, it's a space station surely you'd find some poor fool to go on your boat. For the rest of the things I don't like they can be addressed as I thought the RJ was supposed to be it's own big spaceship that you sink a lot of resources into that's big and cool. I paid for the whole spaceship I'm gonna use the whole spaceship, even using the tactical map there's still space that can be used. Instead of this big ship with lots of room that felt realistic to it's outward size in the drydock, it now feels super tiny. Like, wow, I built this thing that's super long and wide and it's only 2 rooms big, the new player I was going to show this is not going to get lost yeah but the wow factor is significantly diminished. With the Removal of flux...How TF, can this one itty bitty warframe, power multiple battle and tactical avionics at the same time, how does this being, separate from the ship give it the energy to fire missiles. Does it have an extension cord? 

This is a long enough complaint/review already, I'm gonna keep playing though and hope that some of the better suggestions get patched in.

GLHF out there fellow space ninja pirates mech pilots space child demons.

Archived