Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

So the nerf hammer is back in full action this year even though we were assured this year there would be no nerfing. Tether got killed, Void Cloak and Battle Forge got locked into same slot meaning both cannot be used on same setup anymore, Gian Point got killed. Really hope they stop nerfing the best things in RJ.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Lylmik said:

So the nerf hammer is back in full action this year even though we were assured this year there would be no nerfing. Tether got killed, Void Cloak and Battle Forge got locked into same slot meaning both cannot be used on same setup anymore, Gian Point got killed. Really hope they stop nerfing the best things in RJ.

You also cannot equip Battle Forge and Fire Suppression because as you know the mods got locked into there own icon slot. :(

I'm not impressed we only start with 2 dome charges and not the 5 we had and if you craft more once you leave the Dojo you lose all you made it defaults back to 2 dome charges so be aware you lose all those resources if you forged 5 of them and then return to dry dock.

I do like the new plating it makes railjack even tougher than it was in the old days, though in the old days I could just sit there and let a few crewships pound away at me as I took them out.

Before these changes, I liked playing Railjack and invested a lot of time into this section of Warframe.  However, it is unlikely I will spend time playing it moving forward.  This is not the game I started playing, and have to say that if too much emphasis is placed on Railjack, I will be gone from the game. 

On 2021-03-25 at 9:56 AM, Slayer-. said:

You still have the Avionics just as mods now, and who pays plat for something so easy to get, I had them all and was giving them away to help out others.

The Dirac to Endo was exactly 1:1 ratio, so if you had a lot spare I had 330,000 leftover from playing from the start, you should have a lot which is heaps, I still have over 150,000 Endo after redoing all my mods, I only had only 7000 Endo before the conversion.

I have all my mods I use full rank and it cost me all up around 9 Million and 2 Forma to get my railjack back to full power.

On 2021-03-25 at 11:31 AM, (PSN)Da_Kine_99 said:

My son was trying to farm I think the turret velocity Avionic that really pissed about the low drop rate and he ended up buying it for 500 plat I think I'm not sure my wife got hers for 300 plat... And good to know about the cost thank you very much I am going to start hitting the index as soon as I get home from work LOL thanks for the information fam

So, I have a slight bit more information.  Hopefully it will help to flesh all of this out.

If you had an avionic, and it no longer exists, you'll receive back the dirac value as if it was scrapped.

If you had an avionic, and it was retired but replaced, you'll receive back whatever it was replaced with.  As an example, all of the archwing influencing avionics produce the one archwing buffing aura mod.

If you had an avionic that transferred 1:1 into the new system, you'll have it with partial levels.  Case in point, the Particle Ram avionic turned into the Particle Ram mod.  On day one I had a bunch of them with no levels, and one with 5 or six of the new 10 (for a total drain of 15).  Ironically, this means that the most expensive upgrades will draw orders of magnitude (2^5) more endo than already invested into it.

The actual resource of dirac is converted 1:1.  As in 200k dirac makes 200k endo.  It's not a great conversion, because the new high drain mods will blow through a bunch of your endo.

Speaking of, your expensive mods are Turret Velocity (15), Hyperstrike (16), Artillery Damage (16), Particle Ram, Blackout Pulse, Void Hole, Tether, and Seeker Volley.  With current balance, I'd suggest you invest in Blackout Pulse and Seeker Volley above most else.  They'll be your weapons against crewships and against the fighter swarms.  Given the "swarm" is now at most 6 ships, the seeking missiles really have a different usage condition.

Now the fun bits.  Those mods are in the rare, uncommon, and common categories.  This means you can invest only a couple of million credits, and be just fine.  It also means you can get everything and have about 5-7 million to invest.  If I was on console right now, I'd do the following:

1) Grind out about 8 million credits.  You'll need it.

2) Be prepared to grind Corpus units.  The 4 item, 6% drop chance thing is brutal.

3) Grind Komms and Gallos rods.  They might be garbage right now, but they'll be very useful once the update drops.

4) GRIND GIAN POINT.  The new railjack is miserable of time investment versus progress.  If you aren't 10-10-10-10 in the intrinsics it's time to do the Gian Point grind.  You want to be able to 10-10-9-10-9 the intrinsics on day one.  You also want to be able to plow a bit of resources into buying a crew...because solo railjack with 3 aimbots is great.

5) Get good with your syndicates.  You'll have one syndicate with a negative and 2 with a positive.  That said, the AI costs are so low as to be negligible.  Consider them a low cost and high reward item, as long as you can max either gunner or repair.  After that, plow the points into endurance so they can survive a boarding action.  Once this is done, you could have all the new content inside of 14 hours after release.  That's 12 hours to build, and two hour long runs to accumulate everything railjack.

6) Do grind out some endo if you're totally out.  Also, prepare three forma.  You've got a railjack that will need 2 Vs at a minimum.  It's actually much easier to slip 3 Vs on, instead of a pair and aura forma.  Plexus affinity will be worth grinding out quickly while the boosters are in effect, because after the booster it's surprisingly hard to do without simply speeding through missions.

7) Grind for some Tellurium.  It's a component of all the research added.  That said, don't buy anything.  It'll take one good run of either Pluto or Neptune to earn plenty of wreckage.  Buy an upgraded plating, and you should be good to grind.  Don't worry about grinding resources for this prior to launch, as it uses the new plating resource.

8) Be prepared for bugs.  Lots and lots of bugs.  I got two Turret Velocity mods while playing Corpus railjack....but they supposedly only drop from Grineer enemies.  Mark I loot drops in Pluto Proxima....because apparently the spawns are borked.  You get to fight infinite enemy fighters....who appear to no longer offer substantive if any affinity gains.  The target ship gets to infinitely shoot missiles at you....which are effectively only a threat if you somehow get to high level content and don't buy a good engineer or hull plating upgrade.

9) Be prepared to be underwhelmed fast.  The formula is two outside points of interest, one railjack fight before boarding that uses RNG objectives, and a core warframe mission otherwise.  You get a minimum of 2 rewards unlocked at the end, with a potential of 4.  That sounds like a lot, until you discover it's 200-400 endo, 1 Aucrux capacity, 5 asterite, and other equally depressing values for stuff.  Once that disappointment is over, discover that the other primary rewards are not amazing, they exist to basically be a weapon specific Hunter's Munition style mod that instead of requiring critical hits requires impact status events.  Curl into a ball, as you remember that this was supposedly the "new mods that will make guns more powerful so they aren't a joke against melee."  Go back to core warframe quickly...as the grandiose promises of Tempestarii are already being walked back to "a shorter experience."  This is after the discussion about this new faction being something to watch out for...presumably because the Duviri Paradox was sold about a year too early and subsequently the pandemic forced DE to be slightly more real in expectations.

Finally, pine for the days when DE could get a stable and less buggy experience after 7 patches.  Look at your watch, and realize that they've gone almost 3 business days without one, despite the still prevalent bugs.  Realize that you don't give a crap anymore...and simply are hoping that the new Queenpin and void storms come out on time....but realize that April 30th is a Friday.  Bite your lip, and pray that the inevitable Friday release to meet an artificial deadline is pushed back slightly when on Friday at 4:00 the thing just isn't ready for prime time.  Know that instead DE will likely push out 30.0 on Friday, and spend two patches stabilizing it over Friday and Saturday.  Acquiesce to the inevitable May 7th stability, where the bugs are reasonable for most.

Look again at your Steam library.  Consider where warframe is.  If you're 1 in 10 players, likely log off and completely forget about the game unless something amazing happens....and then realize that's a stupid pipe dream.  Come to terms with the game being good enough...or leave.

7 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So, I have a slight bit more information.  Hopefully it will help to flesh all of this out.

If you had an avionic, and it no longer exists, you'll receive back the dirac value as if it was scrapped.

If you had an avionic, and it was retired but replaced, you'll receive back whatever it was replaced with.  As an example, all of the archwing influencing avionics produce the one archwing buffing aura mod.

If you had an avionic that transferred 1:1 into the new system, you'll have it with partial levels.  Case in point, the Particle Ram avionic turned into the Particle Ram mod.  On day one I had a bunch of them with no levels, and one with 5 or six of the new 10 (for a total drain of 15).  Ironically, this means that the most expensive upgrades will draw orders of magnitude (2^5) more endo than already invested into it.

The actual resource of dirac is converted 1:1.  As in 200k dirac makes 200k endo.  It's not a great conversion, because the new high drain mods will blow through a bunch of your endo.

Speaking of, your expensive mods are Turret Velocity (15), Hyperstrike (16), Artillery Damage (16), Particle Ram, Blackout Pulse, Void Hole, Tether, and Seeker Volley.  With current balance, I'd suggest you invest in Blackout Pulse and Seeker Volley above most else.  They'll be your weapons against crewships and against the fighter swarms.  Given the "swarm" is now at most 6 ships, the seeking missiles really have a different usage condition.

Now the fun bits.  Those mods are in the rare, uncommon, and common categories.  This means you can invest only a couple of million credits, and be just fine.  It also means you can get everything and have about 5-7 million to invest.  If I was on console right now, I'd do the following:

1) Grind out about 8 million credits.  You'll need it.

2) Be prepared to grind Corpus units.  The 4 item, 6% drop chance thing is brutal.

3) Grind Komms and Gallos rods.  They might be garbage right now, but they'll be very useful once the update drops.

4) GRIND GIAN POINT.  The new railjack is miserable of time investment versus progress.  If you aren't 10-10-10-10 in the intrinsics it's time to do the Gian Point grind.  You want to be able to 10-10-9-10-9 the intrinsics on day one.  You also want to be able to plow a bit of resources into buying a crew...because solo railjack with 3 aimbots is great.

5) Get good with your syndicates.  You'll have one syndicate with a negative and 2 with a positive.  That said, the AI costs are so low as to be negligible.  Consider them a low cost and high reward item, as long as you can max either gunner or repair.  After that, plow the points into endurance so they can survive a boarding action.  Once this is done, you could have all the new content inside of 14 hours after release.  That's 12 hours to build, and two hour long runs to accumulate everything railjack.

6) Do grind out some endo if you're totally out.  Also, prepare three forma.  You've got a railjack that will need 2 Vs at a minimum.  It's actually much easier to slip 3 Vs on, instead of a pair and aura forma.  Plexus affinity will be worth grinding out quickly while the boosters are in effect, because after the booster it's surprisingly hard to do without simply speeding through missions.

7) Grind for some Tellurium.  It's a component of all the research added.  That said, don't buy anything.  It'll take one good run of either Pluto or Neptune to earn plenty of wreckage.  Buy an upgraded plating, and you should be good to grind.  Don't worry about grinding resources for this prior to launch, as it uses the new plating resource.

8) Be prepared for bugs.  Lots and lots of bugs.  I got two Turret Velocity mods while playing Corpus railjack....but they supposedly only drop from Grineer enemies.  Mark I loot drops in Pluto Proxima....because apparently the spawns are borked.  You get to fight infinite enemy fighters....who appear to no longer offer substantive if any affinity gains.  The target ship gets to infinitely shoot missiles at you....which are effectively only a threat if you somehow get to high level content and don't buy a good engineer or hull plating upgrade.

9) Be prepared to be underwhelmed fast.  The formula is two outside points of interest, one railjack fight before boarding that uses RNG objectives, and a core warframe mission otherwise.  You get a minimum of 2 rewards unlocked at the end, with a potential of 4.  That sounds like a lot, until you discover it's 200-400 endo, 1 Aucrux capacity, 5 asterite, and other equally depressing values for stuff.  Once that disappointment is over, discover that the other primary rewards are not amazing, they exist to basically be a weapon specific Hunter's Munition style mod that instead of requiring critical hits requires impact status events.  Curl into a ball, as you remember that this was supposedly the "new mods that will make guns more powerful so they aren't a joke against melee."  Go back to core warframe quickly...as the grandiose promises of Tempestarii are already being walked back to "a shorter experience."  This is after the discussion about this new faction being something to watch out for...presumably because the Duviri Paradox was sold about a year too early and subsequently the pandemic forced DE to be slightly more real in expectations.

Finally, pine for the days when DE could get a stable and less buggy experience after 7 patches.  Look at your watch, and realize that they've gone almost 3 business days without one, despite the still prevalent bugs.  Realize that you don't give a crap anymore...and simply are hoping that the new Queenpin and void storms come out on time....but realize that April 30th is a Friday.  Bite your lip, and pray that the inevitable Friday release to meet an artificial deadline is pushed back slightly when on Friday at 4:00 the thing just isn't ready for prime time.  Know that instead DE will likely push out 30.0 on Friday, and spend two patches stabilizing it over Friday and Saturday.  Acquiesce to the inevitable May 7th stability, where the bugs are reasonable for most.

Look again at your Steam library.  Consider where warframe is.  If you're 1 in 10 players, likely log off and completely forget about the game unless something amazing happens....and then realize that's a stupid pipe dream.  Come to terms with the game being good enough...or leave.

Wow ...thank you for the information my brotha, glad to know that I will still have my mods tho...

9 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Thank you, I was wondering why some of my mods had endo in them or were one star from the top when I went to redo them all.

Gian Point doesn't exist anymore DE removed the node.

I used one Aura Forma and one normal Forma ( V Madurai) and I fitted all my large mods back in, I did do a boo boo by adding a Forma which in the end I didn't need, but I guess if DE ever release more mods in the future, it might pan out having the 14 extra capacity. 

So I ended up with Aura Forma doubles capacity and two Vs (Madurai) one of the Vs I could have left off, if players have an Aura Forma it is well worth to be able to use any Aura mod, though your three Forma idea would cover all capacity, just takes a little longer to rank up compared to just two Forma.

6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Thank you, I was wondering why some of my mods had endo in them or were one star from the top when I went to redo them all.

Gian Point doesn't exist anymore DE removed the node.

I used one Aura Forma and one normal Forma ( V Madurai) and I fitted all my large mods back in, I did do a boo boo by adding a Forma which in the end I didn't need, but I guess if DE ever release more mods in the future, it might pan out having the 14 extra capacity. 

So I ended up with Aura Forma doubles capacity and two Vs (Madurai) one of the Vs I could have left off, if players have an Aura Forma it is well worth to be able to use any Aura mod, though your three Forma idea would cover all capacity, just takes a little longer to rank up compared to just two Forma.

The advice was intended for the people on consoles, who were not yet getting the update.  This is why I suggested things like grinding Gian Point, and getting credits/endo.

Artillery damage - 16

Turret Damage -16

Turret Speed/Range - 15

Turret Critical Chance - 15

Turret Critical Damage - 11

All of the above are V polarity.  This is why my entire top row are Vs.  I have a fifth V in the bottom row, and the - and D at the end.  You could have done two Vs and an aura forma to get +7 extra capacity, but I don't see a reason to effectively plow 4 forma at once into a build, given that an aura forma costs that (and the arbitrations grind).

You're welcome to do different.  I'm recommending what I would do to prepare for the update to a user with a PSN tag and about a month.

-Edit-

Why exactly did I build like this?  I'll explain the simple bits.  Artillery and Artillery cheap shot give you a reasonable chance at not requiring building more during a mission (2 slots down).

The D polarity gets a base speed increase.  This is because boosting prevents shooting, and the smaller base boost is realized in the boost as well.

The remainder is turret related.  This is because the AI will literally aimbot your enemies.  If you can increase the range and damage, you'll literally never have to give any concern to fighters after the crewships are wiped.  That's great and all....but why go heavy on the crit then?  Well, there's a new mod that allows you to ignore shields for 51% of critical shots.  That adds up fast on the Corpus.  It's not great against Grineer, but you can use the V polarity there to give you extra damage against the grineer.  The railjack customization is therefore largely just about that one remaining slot....because it's got to be both frame and gun.  This is the frustration.

-Edit end-

3 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

The advice was intended for the people on consoles, who were not yet getting the update.  This is why I suggested things like grinding Gian Point, and getting credits/endo.

Artillery damage - 16

Turret Damage -16

Turret Speed/Range - 15

Turret Critical Chance - 15

Turret Critical Damage - 11

All of the above are V polarity.  This is why my entire top row are Vs.  I have a fifth V in the bottom row, and the - and D at the end.  You could have done two Vs and an aura forma to get +7 extra capacity, but I don't see a reason to effectively plow 4 forma at once into a build, given that an aura forma costs that (and the arbitrations grind).

You're welcome to do different.  I'm recommending what I would do to prepare for the update to a user with a PSN tag and about a month.

I have 14 extra capacity with an Aura and two Vs, remembering an Aura slot Forma'd doubles the capacity, I have a few Aura Forma sitting around from just playing the game, so for me it was a better investment, considering all the gear I'm sitting on.

Your post makes sense now you mention it's for console users, all good. 

On 2021-03-10 at 1:58 PM, -Augustus- said:

So what? You want the stability of a console, you also get the slow update speed caused by cert.

Actually, in multiple dev streams DE has said they will be releasing updates simultaneously across all platforms. They said this during the tenocon 2018 dev streams. They said this with the 2019 dev streams and showed acts if good faith by releasing certain content across all platforms ie) night wave, across most platforms with heart of deimos, and now they are promising call of tempestarii.

Additionally, most games understand that platforms behave differently, even if it were to release with a lag, there would be very different bugs to be ironed out, just because it hits PC first doesn't mean the other platforms won't have bugs let alone less bugs. Ie) fortuna on console for the most part has a tendency to crash often but only recently after recent updates.

Infact, in the case of halo the PC is the lagging strand of content streaming, if it's soo much better if it comes to PC first why don't we see this phenomenon with halo?

Additionally, why is it the COD is able to send thier content across all platforms with little to no issues? After all tencent owns them and now a portion of DE?

What about rocket league? The truth is most games release the same content across all platforms and don't make excuses. This is why fortnite, and so many other games are cross platform play. Yet, DE totes about cross platform save, except the first step to cross save is making the updates all the same that way when the account transfers from one platform to another there is no content loss.

What the community can do to ensure the cross save and take steps to cross play is stop shaming one another for advocating for De to step up to the plate and make the content cross save and updates the same. Only then will the platform your friend plays on not matter, only then the community can be more united.

And lastly, when DE says 2weeks you have to tell them your upset that they are late, without telling us why they are late. And when they say,"well we will give it to PC first then console" the players have to say that's not right. Because every update that's not insync with the rest of the platforms is another step away from cross save and cross play.

In order to lift together we have to be together

#WeAllLiftTogether

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Vamma Takayn said:

<bunch of whatever>

Cool, cool...just make sure you send DE that lengthy screed. I'm sure all they need is the benefit of your insight and broader perspective, and they'll hop to that whole unified build/cross-save thing right away.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll go play the RJ update, seeing as how I'm on PC and all.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Vamma Takayn said:

Actually, in multiple dev streams DE has said they will be releasing updates simultaneously across all platforms. They said this during the tenocon 2018 dev streams. They said this with the 2019 dev streams and showed acts if good faith by releasing certain content across all platforms ie) night wave, across most platforms with heart of deimos, and now they are promising call of tempestarii.

Additionally, most games understand that platforms behave differently, even if it were to release with a lag, there would be very different bugs to be ironed out, just because it hits PC first doesn't mean the other platforms won't have bugs let alone less bugs. Ie) fortuna on console for the most part has a tendency to crash often but only recently after recent updates.

Infact, in the case of halo the PC is the lagging strand of content streaming, if it's soo much better if it comes to PC first why don't we see this phenomenon with halo?

Additionally, why is it the COD is able to send thier content across all platforms with little to no issues? After all tencent owns them and now a portion of DE?

What about rocket league? The truth is most games release the same content across all platforms and don't make excuses. This is why fortnite, and so many other games are cross platform play. Yet, DE totes about cross platform save, except the first step to cross save is making the updates all the same that way when the account transfers from one platform to another there is no content loss.

Yikes bro. Maybe you failed to hear, Update 30 will be released on all platforms at once. And as far as I'm aware, PC doesn't have update 30 yet does it? Please be more patient.

I previously pointed out a couple near game-breaking bugs on the patch notes thread, though trying to grind out for Sevagoth and related content I've managed to run into a few more bugs and/or annoying and potentially frustrating situations:

- If there's a host migration during a railjack mission, sometimes you'll end up in two different scenarios, an infinite loading screen, or loss of UI function, including the Esc menu, preventing you from quitting out.

- Sometimes using my necramech in Corpus tilesets, the archgun equipped will stop reloading automatically, and refuse to reload after manually pressing R, transferring out and back into the necramech temporarily fixes this issue.

- Another slightly more annoying bug with the necramechs, sometimes the game will refuse to let you place it in obviously flat spots with plenty of space, forcing you to have to bring up the menu again and find that one place in the room that will allow you to summon it, I believe the intended use of the prevention is to stop you from summoning a mech on sloped ground, which corpus tilesets are mostly devoid of besides the odd set of stairs or railing.

- If there's enough latency between myself and the host of a skirmish, the smaller ships sent out will magically appear behind you every so often, sometimes instantly eating a revive or two, sometimes not even giving you the little warning cursors that tell you where you've taken damage from.

- Probably not specifically related to railjack, but the damage cursors that appear when you take damage in a necramech will sometimes just stay on the screen for as long as you're in the mission, leaving an annoying white marker on the screen.

All of this makes for a really frustrating experience from start to finish, on top of that I'm meant to know how crewmates work, what stats of a railjack I should build for, where to go for resources to even build and repair scrap etc, making for a really jarring time the moment you decide to jump into it.

I think there needs to be several QoL changes made to this portion of the game in addition to fixing some of the major bugs people seem to be running into, because otherwise I just don't see how people will think it's worth the effort of having to look up a wiki every time they need to find out what mod to put in their plexus, what stats your crewmates should have, where to get a necramech (most of my clanmates don't even know you can use the broken necramechs left lying around the level in deimos and railjack missions), and then be faced with all the bugs that just keep setting them back and wasting several hours of their time, because of just how many nodes are on the star chart, making it a multiplicative issue, each new node is a new chance to be set back by a bug.

It's not as seamlessly integrated into the game as it was advertised to be, if I hadn't have already gone through the trouble of doing all of the Deimos content beforehand and did a bit of railjack grinding for the basic parts and weapons I needed, I wouldn't have even attempted to try understanding how it all works. The warframe you're meant to be grinding for in this mode has just been nerfed, so I don't see the point beyond having another notch on your metaphorical collector's rifle, you don't gain any mastery other than the warframe and weapons related to it, and you don't even need those to reach the current maximum.

The only positive things I've noticed is how many credits you get per mission, making grinding railjack a quicker alternative to the Index on the highest gamble, you get the chance to earn rare resources you usually would have to grind Archwing nodes and such for, but it's still a solid half hour's worth of time per mission for such little gain. In literally any other defense or survival mission you'd have gotten at least 6 or more rewards, compared to the common 2, and uncommonly 4.

Railjack rarely sees teamwork either, or even competent crewmates that know that the forward artillery can be used to kill off crewships, the introduction of the Plexus helps to lessen how jarring it is, cus you can just take the wheel and others can do the away crew tasks, but I believe switching to or using forward artillery should be an option given to the pilot, having that position open is great for teamwork, but when your teammates are sometimes as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike (even seemingly players at MR25+), it's nice to have the option to get from A to B as the host.

You can debateably avoid this by going Solo with AI crewmates, but in that case there is no away crew, you have to do every external task yourself, such as the shipkiller POI where you have to exit the base to shoot the reactor, go back in to hack open the next one, go back out, and repeat, if the PoIs were removed or changed to be able to do them solo without so many transitions, that would also be a good QoL change.

The removal of the ability to purge the forge of resources is also definitely a good change, because people would just press the button without knowing what it does, starving the crew of ammo to repair holes and thus doomed to fail, just need more little touches like that to streamline the experience for the host.

I'd like to see more changes and learning resources available in-game to lessen the jarring learning curve, as well as fixing the bugs mentioned above and elsewhere, when everything has been ironed out I can see it being an integral part of the game if balanced and portioned properly, but for now it still is just an extra for a frame that seemingly just keeps getting nerfed or adjusted every so often.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can finally say I play railjack now. So I want to officially thank DE for their hardwork putting this all together. 

I've only done the fist exterminate mission on Venus for the "new" stuff. But the point is that I can "do" it and solo with very low level equipment (on my railjack).

I guess I will attempt to pub it shortly.

Archived