Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Archwizard said:

I highly doubt that will be possible for several reasons.

For one, if you're the host of a bigger ship, that means any players who join your mission will have to deal with the larger size of it -- kinda goes against the point of an update that shifts more power and responsibility onto the individual player. The roulette on whether you enter a mission to a bigger or smaller railjack will be a nuisance.

Second, the reduced size isn't purely for navigational purposes, but logistical ones. For instance, a larger ship would have more places that hazards can form.

Those are very valid points that I agree on. 

However, I hate that they are dumbing down something that never really needed it.

I like sometimes exploring the ship and its different rooms and how different some are to accommodate what technology they house. 

Also doesn't having the ship be that big also contribute to the gameplay of fixing it? 

I mean I loved seeing scenes in star wars when han and chewy were in different areas in the millennium falcon trying to repair it, sometimes in the middle of a battle. 

It wasn't just a hop scotch away from the helm of the ship, they had to sometimes haul ass over there which made it slightly hilarious and nerve wracking. 

It just seems like they are taking some of the soul of that game mode away for the sake of simplicity.

Not everything has to be immediately accessible in a game that's where some of the challenge lies. 

If everything is convenient, then it just becomes stale and lifeless. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Player has Completed 1 or more Wreckage or Clan BP: Tier 1

1x Rush Repair Drone
2x Armament Slots
10 x Riven Slivers
Bonus Railjack Mods
- Munitions Vortex
- Battle Forge
- Particle Ram
- Void Hole
- Railjack Resource Bundle

Player has completed at least 12 Wreckage: Tier 2

- Everything in Tier 1
- 2x Rush Repair Drones
- 15 Riven Slivers
- 10,000 Endo
 -7 Day Resource and Affinity Booster
- Railjack Resource Bundle #2

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

- Everything in Tier 1 AND Tier 2
 - 3x Rush Repair Drones
 - Legendary Core
 - Umbra Forma
 - Railjack Resource Bundle #3

Can we please get some clarification on this? What exactly does "completed wreckage" mean? Does it include wreckage that we have repaired and then used via fusion? Wreckage that we have repaired and later sold? Thank you.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Some of these new mission types will already be familiar - classic Defense and Exterminate modes will occasionally be the main objective of a Railjack mission. Fight your way into the capital ship as a team, and extract back to Railjack upon completion.

YEEEEEEEEEEES

Wow...just...wow.
Okay folks; a lot of Mulligans are forgiven (the upcoming melee-nerfs are NOT forgiven, however🤬) with the effort and detail you've put into this Railjack rework.

Kudos to the entire team, including the upcoming soundtrack additions to the game.  Looking forwards to finally putting the Sanguine Regis through her paces.👍💖

Stay safe.
Keep the faith.
...and as always, keep your skana sharp, Tenno.:community:

Would it be possible to include a writeup of what the reactor stats are going to be switching to? If they no longer concern avionics and flux and affect ability stats, I would personally like to know what each type is changing to

Clarification through example: What are the zekti reactors going to focus on.

@[DE]Rebecca Gian Point being removed is a bad move and sets a bad precedent. Missions should never be removed completely just because they are too good for the time spent in them.  I had hype for this rework but now I honestly feel flaccid 

Can we get an extract option once we are in the railjack between missions? 

I like that we can string missions once we are in, this is great. However there is no proper way to leave a host who keeps on stringing missions (I believe most people just abort).  As far as I know this keeps your loot, but this it not intuitive compared to the rest of the game. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Level up their skills and assign them to specific roles before taking off, or change their assignments on the fly with the Tactical Menu! Crewmates will gain Affinity like you’re used to, which can be spent to increase aptitude in certain roles as ‘Competency Points’.

I see "piloting" is a stat crewmates can have - does this mean that if we're running solo, we can have a crewmate take the helm and fly the ship while we go off boarding PoIs and the like?

1 hour ago, isti0258 said:

Any clarification to this? For example i have only repaired like 8-10 wreckage, but my railjack is maxed (played from the start, but didnt waste resources on lower tiers, so scrapped everything to not take up space, cant blame me for min-maxing), Do i not get the tier 3 pack? 
Seems like a really good upgrade to the game , but this part need a second look.

I'm in the same boat. I seriously doubt I've done 30 wreckage repairs but I have my railjack maxed.

I guess we have a few days to rush and max a bunch of wreckage!

14 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

There is a general confusion about this and i want to know too what does that actually mean and how are we able to see what rank we're in right now. Do we need to own 30 at the time of the update, or did we had to have 30 at one time or do we actually have to repair 30 wreckages? And do fusing count too? This is extremely unclear!

This should have been based on Intrinsics level or something. There's only ~10 good components to have crafted. To hit 30 you need to be crafting junk and/or buying slots with Platinum.

Since avionic/plexus mod slots won't be upgradeable any more will the mod effects be buffed to match what they are now or will the extra 3 ranks be removed?

I don't see Artillery Command in the new intrinsics. Will the forward artillery be usable by anyone at any time (railjack progression) now?

Warframe energy usage/sharing is iffy and having the reactor have an energy regen stat would likely be better.

Love everything else and i'm very hyped for the update.

10 minutes ago, R34LM said:

Would it be possible to include a writeup of what the reactor stats are going to be switching to? If they no longer concern avionics and flux and affect ability stats, I would personally like to know what each type is changing to

Reactor stats will now focus on Ability Strength, Duration, and Range for the Railjack abilities:

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Both of those things are now removed, so the new role of Reactors is to provide Power Strength, Range, or Duration buffs to Railjack Battle Avionics being used aboard the ship!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Early Adopters

Now for the “Early Adopters” information. Whether you’re someone that’s already ‘finished’ Railjack or have just a couple of hours under your belt - we have a variety of bundles you may be eligible for!

Clan has a Dry Dock:

Exclusive Clan Railjack Monument!

ayer has Completed 1 or more Wreckage or Clan BP: Tier 1

Player has completed at least 12 Wreckage: Tier 2

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

What does that mean? Rebuilt 30 parts? Thats insane. My RJ is maxed out and i doubt i even reach T2!

No Early Adopter like me built anything other than 1x the Perfect shield/core/weapon/etc because it was WAAAAAY to resurce heavy at the start!
i built maybe 2-3 cores 3-4 weapons a 1-2shields and 1-2 engines and that took me weeks of resurce farming!

Most of this sounds good but there are still some issues . Such as , flux energy removal is unnecessary , and could cause some new metas of running high base energy frames . Also issues of frames such as lavos and hildryn. I say keep them in reactors but have a regeneration factor like archwings have . There’s also game flow issues of hopping out of pilot seat to dash for zenurik or pop a pad.

In the avionics change , it seems as if we can forma them and god please no . “Oh please bring an end to the horror” - simon , bloodborne. That just seems as if they’re adding a grind no one asked for . Also what about avionics mods such as forward artillery, does that mean I should always run it incase my teammates isn’t available to use it .  The grid was really nice honestly. 

Another issue I have which this is more personal but R10 gunnery still sounds bad . It’s annoying on console for me when it switches targets and the aim feels so forced . I think it still needs more touches . 

With the no stamina bar on railjack doesn’t that just mean we won’t have a need for certain engines since the boost speeds would be more desirable. 

My last issue is , what about those who just taxied a friend on veil and got their ship maxed that way therefore not having to waste resources on low mark wreckage’s  , does that mean we don’t get tier 3 rewards for the compensation even if we played hours of RJ?.

hace 12 minutos, Aura dijo:

@[DE]Rebecca Gian Point being removed is a bad move and sets a bad precedent. Missions should never be removed completely just because they are too good for the time spent in them.  I had hype for this rework but now I honestly feel flaccid 

I was watching the vid, and i came here just to read "gian point nerf" when i heared Rebb mention it lmao 

Actually makes sense, too much people only went there ignoring the rest of the starchart. But instead eliminate that map there could have been another options, like for example to make that mission a little more complex or demanding, with more tasks to do. I disagree with the path taken, but let's see if the Railjack remake takes the right direction.

hoping that Railjack Movement will be more fun similar to how it originally Shipped where we could perform lots of maneuvers, rather than the W+M1 Movement we've had after the nerfs.

just like the rules of games go, the things the Player interacts with the most have to be executed the best, or it drags the entire experience down. what changed about Railjack Movement was akin to removing Parkour from Warframes and making Players move like a traditional Shooter when you just Walk/Run and nothing else.

so, here's hoping i can get back to awesome Drifting maneuvers and out maneuvering my Enemies with skill. it was a lot of fun.

The 1:1 exchange from Dirac to Endo is very generous, ty =)

Very nice to see on screenshot, that you've hopefully changed the tactical map in a way so it stays in one place .

QoL improvement for some time in the future should absolutely include the possibility for the pilot to set waypoints!

On first sight, I have to admit to be somewhat confused about the change from modding the Railjack directly to this new approach. Very very please give us the option to install at least Aura-Forma on it. I guess it will be more challenging in the future to mod with only 30 capacity + Aura benefit rather the 100 capacity, we had before.

Archived